Little Leaps

By xFakingaSmilex

As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more... More

Little Leaps
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
⋆ OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY ⋆

Chapter Twenty-Nine

6.7K 367 70
By xFakingaSmilex

    London races into the marquee and leaps into my waiting arms. She clings to my silk robe as I stand up and kiss her cheek. Angela zips the flap closed and wanders over with a smile.

    "Most of the guests are here, but most importantly, Blake is waiting at the altar for you."

    "We'll change and then I can finally get hitched!"

    "Tori apologised for being late, but-"

    "Don't worry! Nobody, including Tori, will prevent this day from being awesome."

    "Yes, that's right." Angela nods.

    "Can you find my mother? I need to see her."

    "Of course." She nods.

    Angela slips out of the marquee while I wander over to the clothing rack. I grab London but she clings to my body and nuzzles her face into the crook of my neck.

    "Aw, baby, what's wrong?" I stroke her back.

    "Mm," she grumbles.

    "Tell me what's wrong! I thought you wanted to be my special flower girl? You're going to look beautiful in this dress and Dad will be so happy when he sees you."

    "I'm scared." She sobs. "There are too many peoples out there."

    "Can you keep a secret?"

    London leans back and a slender blonde eyebrow is raised. Her curious blue eyes search mine, and so I smile, even though I'm freaking out too.

    "Yes." She nods. "What is the secret?"

    "Well, I'm scared too!"

    "No." She gasps.

    "Yes, I am." I nod.

    "Can we hide? I do that when I am scared."

    "No, because today is very important! Do you know what I do when I'm scared?"

    "What?"

    "I ask for help. Can you help me?"

    "Maybe."

    "Maybe?" I poke her stomach. "How about yes?"

    London howls with laughter as I keep poking her stomach. She grabs my hand and nods.

    "Yes, yes, yes!" she screams.

    "I need you to walk down the aisle with me."

    "What about Aunty Char? Does she not need me?"

    "Aunty Charlotte will be fine." I smile. "So, can you do that for me?"

    "Yes." She nods.

    I place London on the ground and unzip her dress. She removes her clothes and steps into the dress. I zip the back up and smile. She twirls around and giggles with happiness.    

    "You look beautiful, London!"

    "Are you going to get dressed?"

"Yes, of course." I nod.

    The tent unzips and a blur of black slips under the small gap. Kyle spins around and the smile vanishes. He raises an eyebrow and shakes his head.

"Why aren't you dressed? You're supposed to be walking down that aisle in five."

"You mean I can't get married in this robe?" I gasp.

"Don't joke with me." Kyle shakes his head.

"London was nervous, but that's all good now. Isn't that right?"

She nods, a bright smile on her face.

"I don't know where Mum is, so can you help me with the dress?"

"She's probably on her way."

"Please! You can turn around so you won't see anything." I laugh.

"Ugh, the things I do for you."

Kyle spins around while I remove the robe and step into the dress. I hold it against my body and wander over. The material spills everywhere which makes it hard. Kyle peeks over his shoulder and sighs with relief. He buttons the backup and tugs on my shoulder.

I spin around and fix the dress. As I peer up, Kyle's lips are parted.

"Did I smudge the makeup?" I grimace.

"No, you just, um, you look stunning! Blake is going to freak when he sees you."

"Is that why you're here? Making sure I haven't dropped into the fetal position?"

"Since I'm your best friend, I won't lie, so yes, I'm making sure you are still breathing." He moves closer and sighs. "You need to breathe because it looks like you're about to pass out."

"I thought I was okay but now you're here, I can feel my heart racing."

    Kyle grabs my shoulders and peers into my eyes.

    "Breathe, Ava baby, you're going to be okay!"

    "Do you think so?"

    "Yes." He nods.

    "There's a tiny problem!"

    "What's the tiny problem? Please tell me there isn't an Uber waiting for you. I can't help you break this poor guy's heart a second time."

    "Oh my goodness, no. I just haven't written the vows yet."

    "Okay, that's manageable!"

    "Is it? Those are pretty important."

    Kyle squeeze my hand and laughs.

    "Speak from the heart!"

    "That's not helping," I groan.

    "Blake loves you, so don't stress about it!"

    "Still not helping."

    "Tell him how much you love him, what you promise to do and how excited you are for married life together. You don't need to over think these things"

    "It's easier said than done. I over think everything." I sigh.

    "Whatever happens, Ava baby, I'll always be here! You can divorce Blake but there's no getting rid of me." He beams with happiness.

    "Thank you." I tug him into a hug.

    "Once I get out there, everything will be fine," I try to convince myself.

    I just need to see him and everything will be okay.

    The zip is undone and I squeeze Kyle's hand until he winces. Mum, Angela, Nora and Charlotte enter. My heart quickens to the point where I wonder why it hasn't popped out of my chest.

    "You need to leave because we're starting," Charlotte comments.    

    "Okay." He nods.

    I squeeze Kyle's hand.

    "I'm scared."

    "I told you I should have been a bridesmaid so that I could walk down the aisle with you."

    Charlotte glares at Kyle and points him to the exit.

    "Just remember that everyone is here because they love you and they want to celebrate your wedding! So embrace the crowd."

    "Okay." I nod. "Let's get me married."

    Kyle embraces me in a hug before slipping out the tent.

    "Your father is outside waiting for you, and everything is perfect, including you." Mum smiles.

    "Thank you! Now let's do this before my poor heart gives out."

    Once Mum and Angela have gone, it makes things more real.

    Charlotte passes the flowers out and tries to grab London's hand. She races to my side and hides behind my dress.

    "Sorry, last-minute change! London is walking with me."

    "Are you sure?"

    "Yes." I nod.

    "Okay." Charlotte nods.

    Music hums through the air which makes us smile. London clutches onto my dress which makes me chuckle. Charlotte and Nora wander out of the tent and I wait until the music changes.

    "Ava?" Dad pokes his head inside.

"We're ready."

I take London's hand and wander towards the exit. I loop my arm through Dad's and we move to the front of the aisle. London tosses petals onto the carpet as we wander down the aisle which is composed of white and grey stones.   

    Blake's eyes widen and his lips subtly part which makes the smile on my face widen.

    "Now that's a man who is truly in love." He chuckles.

    Once we make it to the end, London wraps her arms around Blake's leg and the basket of petals is tossed onto the floor. The crowd awe at how cute London is. Her cheeks go bright red as she races over to Angela.

    I take Blake's hand and we shuffle under the archway which has a bloom of white roses. Dad takes a seat and I squeeze Blake's clammy hands.

    "I made it," I whisper.

    Everyone laughs and my cheeks go red.    

    "Today, we are gathered to witness the marriage between Ava Greyson and Blake Rivers."

    The celebrant reads a passage about the commitment of marriage, some other things which blur past because the only thing I can focus on his Blake's eyes and how tight he's squeezing my hands.

    "And now, for the vows."

    Blake takes a deep breath and smiles.

    "I can't promise that every single day will be great, because life has road bumps, but with every bump, every new pathway, the destination has been beautiful because I've shared it with you. I can promise that I will support, encourage, and love you. You already know that I keep my word because I once told you that I would keep you forever, and here I am, keeping to my word."

    Blake cups my cheek and removes a tear from my cheek.

    "That was beautiful." I snuffle.

    "I love you, Ava."

    The crowd cheers and I beam with happiness.

    "Blake, I um" His green eyes search mine. "I, uh, I feel nervous."

    "Shh, it's okay."

    Taking a deep breathing, I close my eyes and sigh. How can I speak from the heart when my brain is always chatting? Ugh, this is the worst time to freeze up.

    Here goes nothing!

    "Some days I have no idea what I'm doing, but one thing I've always been sure about, even deep down inside, is that I love you. Thank you for being my best friend, my lover, and for loving me unconditionally. You showed me what love really is, and how to love myself in all the ways I never thought possible. I hope that life is a blissful mess of bumpy pathways leading to beautiful destinations, and I hope that it'll always be with you. I love you, Blake."

    I brush tears from my cheek and smile.

    "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

     His arm circles around my waist and his other hand cups my cheek as our lips meet. I slid my fingers through his hair and tug him closer. The crowd cheers with excitement which makes my heart race. I press my forehead against his and smile.

    "I never want to spend another night away from you."

    "You won't have to, wifey."

    I tug his lips back to mine and someone wolf whistles.

    Music plays and I assume that's our cue to leave. Blake keeps his arm wrapped around my waist as we walk down the aisle.

    I can't believe he's mine, all mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683 46 21
Meeting the family is never easy. Especially when his father hates you before he even knew your name, there's a second cousin who's out for your affe...
2.5M 100K 55
Torn between risking it all and losing the man she loves, Ava must make a choice, but in the process of making this choice, Ava must accept the conse...
Forgotten By Kabarakade

General Fiction

605 69 20
In a small world, a child has grown up harshly. With constant twists and turns. How does he handle them? Read this to find out.
343K 6.6K 52
Emotions are what makes us human, especially love. Caring for other individuals keeps our humanity intact. But, what's Peri to think when the very fe...