Lessons Learned

By urluvissuicide

Sierra Cowell has been through a traumatic event in her life, losing her parents in a horrible car crash when... More

Prologue
Impact
Nerve
Breakfast
Want
Flowers
Attacked
Exile
Caught
Truth
Comfort
Black
Broken
Rejection
Accused
Payback
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Admission
Dumped
Uncharted
Dinner
Flip
Rebound
Kiss Me (extra Sarry scene)
Return
Changes
Gymnastics
WTF
Jealous
Make-Up

Frustration

425 8 8
By urluvissuicide

Sierra’s POV:

I woke up the next morning and took a shower.  After getting dressed in a green tank top and a pair of jeans, I came out of the bathroom to find Harry still lying in bed, playing on his phone.

“Did I wake you?”

“Nah,” he shook his head. “My mum called to check up on me,”

“Oh,”

“I made sure to let her know that I was fine until someone set my mouth on fire,”

“Did you tell her why I did it?” I asked, shoving my dirty pajamas back into my suitcase.

“No, because it’s not true,” he replied.

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes and turned to the mirror, working hair gel into my curls.

“I’m serious,” he stood to his feet, wearing only a pair of boxers.  “I didn’t tell him anything.  If he made an assumption, that’s his fault,”

“Well, I guess it was pretty easy to make that assumption when you made such a point to show him that I was in your bed,”

He smirked at me, taking a drink of water out of the bottle he had beside the bed.  “Come on, Sierra, he pretty much deserved it,”

“And I deserved to look like a whore?”

Harry groaned and shook his head.  “I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant to do,”

“But it’s exactly what you achieved,” I replied going back into the bathroom to grab my makeup bag.  “I’m proud to be a virgin,”

Harry turned to me with a raised eyebrow. “You’re a virgin?”

I looked at him blushing, knowing that once again I had said something that I hadn’t meant to.  “Yeah,” I nodded.

“Hm,” he made a face, trying not to smile.

“What? What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,”

“No really, what’s so fucking funny?”

“I just…” he looked up at me.  “It’s just that…as much trouble as you’ve been in and all that, one would assume-“

“One would assume that you have to be a whore in order to be in any kind of trouble?” I snapped, slinging my purse over my shoulder.

“Hey!” he called after me.  “Where you going!”

“Breakfast,” I replied, opening the door.  “With Olly,”

~*~*~*~*~

Katelyn’s POV:

The morning started pretty early, but there wasn’t much to be done. The boy’s show wasn’t until the next day, so we were all pretty bored. I had woken up before Niall, took a shower and got dressed for the day.  I had plans on sneaking over to check on Kaylyn before everyone else was up and moving for the day, since she was always up early.

I jumped when I turned from the mirror to find Niall behind me, a sly smile on his face. “For God’s sake,” I clutched my chest. 

Niall chuckled.  “Sorry,”

“Why do you always have to do that?”

“Do what?” he raised an eyebrow, reaching around me to grab his toothbrush.

“Scare the shit out of me,” I replied, grabbing my phone off the counter and leaving the bathroom.

“Wow, good morning to you too, McBitchy,”

“Did you just call me a bitch?”

He appeared in the doorway of the bathroom, brushing his teeth.  “What’s your problem?” he mumbled.

“I don’t have one,”

He turned back into the bathroom and I could hear him spit, then he reappeared, waving his toothbrush at me.  “Are you fucking pmsing or something?”

I glared at him, suddenly wanted to claw his eyes out.  “No, I’m not,”

“You’ve been bitchy,” he shoved his toothbrush back in his mouth. “Even last night,”

“Because, I wasn’t in the mood for sex?”

“It has nothing to do with sex,” he snapped.  “I’m not that fucking shallow,”

“I’m not doing this with you,” I rolled my eyes.

“Good,” he shrugged.

“Bastard,” I mumbled as he disappeared back into the bathroom.

“Cunt,”

I turned to him, eyes wide. “What did you just say?”

“Not a god damn thing,” he came out of the bathroom and started digging in his suitcase.

“Oh, you want to talk shit and not own it?”

“Go find something to do,” he snapped. “I’m not in the mood for your bullshit today,”

“What bullshit?”

“You’re on my fucking nerves!” he raised his voice at me.

“Fine,” I grabbed my purse and turned to leave the room.   “Love you too, prick,”

I leaned against the closed door and tried to choke back the tears that were threatening to fall.  Honestly, things hadn’t been good between us for a couple weeks now.  I’m not sure why, but we had grown apart.  We’ve done well at pretending everything was okay between us, but it had gotten to the point that behind closed doors, we were fighting more than anything else.

~~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zayn’s POV:

I had just finished my morning cigarette and came in off the balcony, when I heard a knock on the door.  I quickly pulled on a t-shirt over my pajama pants and opened the door, finding Katelyn on the other side.  Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy, obviously she had been crying.

“Hey,” I said softly, reaching out to touch her arm. “You okay?”

“Oh yeah,” she sniffled and wiped her eyes once more.  “Just Niall,”

I nodded, not sure of what I was supposed to say.  I knew they had been having problems for a while, but Niall had asked that I not mention to anyone. “Sorry,” I said softly.

“No big deal.  Is Kaylyn up?”

“Yeah,” I moved to the side to let her come in the room.  “She’s in the shower,”

“Oh my god,” she squealed as the puppy appeared from under the covers on the bed and wagged her little tail.  “What is that!”

“That’s Tawny,” I grinned.  “Who’s become more of a pain in the ass in 12 hours than you can even begin to imagine,”

“Awww,” she scooped her up in her arms, Tawny licked her face.  “She still has puppy breath! Oh my god! How is this precious little thing any kind of pain in the ass?”

“Ask my pack of cigarettes, my phone, and Kaylyn’s shoes,”

“Uh oh,” she cooed at the little puppy cradled in her arms.  “You’re so super cute though,”

The bathroom door opened and Kaylyn appeared, dressed in a tank top and a pair of jeans.  “Hey,” she smiled brightly, drying her hair with the towel in her hands.  “Isn’t my little baby just so precious?”

“Yes!” Katelyn giggled.  “I’m in love,”

“My big baby got her for me,” she smirked, pecking a kiss onto my lips. “He’s the best,”

Katelyn forced a smile.  “I bet he is,”

“You okay?” Kaylyn asked.

Katelyn simply looked at her and shrugged. “I’ll be fine,”

Kaylyn turned to me and kissed me once more.  “I think we need some girl time,” she whispered.

I nodded in return.  “Want me to go hang out with the boys?”

“No,” she shook her head and turned back to Katelyn.  “Come on! Let’s go shopping! Tawny needs a bunch of cute puppy accessories!”

Katelyn stood to her feet and handed the puppy over to Kaylyn.  “I don’t wanna interrupt you guy’s time together. I’ll be fine. I actually only came over here to check on you anyway,”

“No, no, no,” I piped in, grabbed my credit card from my wallet and handed it to Kaylyn. “You guys go have some fun,”

“Babe,” Kaylyn tried to hand it back to me. “I have money, I don’t need yours,”

“Don’t argue with me,” I pecked a kiss on her lips once more.  “Go on, I’m gonna go shower,”

“I love you,” she smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sierra’s POV:

“Thanks for breakfast,” I smiled at Olly when we stepped into the elevator.

“You’re welcome, love,” Olly grinned and took my hand in his, pulling me closer to him.  

“So, what are you doing for the rest of the day?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” he yawned.  “I’m thinking about a nap, then maybe a jam session with the boys,”

“Sounds like fun,”

He pecked a gentle kiss on my forehead, brushing the hair out of my face.  “Wanna come cuddle?”

“I-“ I was interrupted when the doors of the elevator opened to Kaylyn and Katelyn.

“Hey!” Kaylyn smiled.

“Hi girls,” I replied, stepping out of the elevator with Olly. 

“What are you guys up to?” Katelyn asked.

“We went out for breakfast,” Olly replied, reaching out to pet the cute little puppy in Kaylyn’s arms.  “Where’d this cute little thing come from?”

“Zayn bought her for me,” she smiled proudly. “Her name’s Tawny,”

“Sooo cute,” I grinned, reaching out to pet the puppy. “Zayn’s such a doll,”

“Sierra,” Katelyn replied. “We’re going out to get some puppy stuff, come with us,”

“Well, I think that I’m gonna go-“

“No arguing,” Kaylyn grabbed my hand and pulled me back toward the elevator. “You’re coming with us,”

“Sorry,” I mouthed to Olly. 

He smiled in return and rushed to peck a kiss on my lips. “Have fun, doll face,”

The elevator doors closed and Kaylyn flicked my ear. “Ow!” I squealed.

Katelyn giggled. “Glad to see you’re back to your old self,”

“What is this girl thinking!?” Kaylyn shook her head, pointing at me but talking to Katelyn.

Katelyn shook her head. “Crazy,”

“Hellooo,” I replied.  “The crazy girl that you just flicked in the ear for no reason is right here! What the hell!”

“What are you doing with Olly?” Kaylyn asked.

I shrugged. “He’s a sweetheart,”

“He’s so much older than you,” Katelyn replied.

“Why would that matter?” I asked with a laugh. “Age is a number!”

“Yes,” Kaylyn nodded.  “It’s a number.  But, you should be banging Harry,”

“What!?” My head spun around to look at her.

“You heard me,” she playfully patted me on the cheek as the elevator doors opened.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry’s POV:

“I’m telling you this is not a good idea,” I walked down the hallway with Niall, who insisted that I join him and the rest of the boys for the jam session they were having with Olly.   

“Rubbish,” he snapped. “I don’t wanna hear it,”

“What’s your problem?”

“Nothing,” he rolled his eyes.  “Just stop complaining and come have fun with us,”

I stopped in the middle of the hallway and grabbed his arm, pulling him back to look at me.  “Listen, lad, I’ve kinda…noticed some things,”

“Yeah yeah,” he tried to turn away but I pulled him once more.

“I’m serious,” I nodded at him. “If you want to talk…you know I’ll listen and you can trust me,”

Niall sighed, nodding his head.  “I know, lad.  Thanks,”

“Come on you wankers!” Louis peeked his head out of Olly’s room.  “I’m not getting any younger!”

Niall and I entered Olly’s room and Olly looked up at me, giving me an ice cold glare.  “Styles,”

“Murs,” I mocked.

Niall picked his guitar up off Olly’s bed and sat back down, strumming at it.  “What are we singing?”

“I’m totally feelin’ your new song,” Liam looked at Olly.  “’This Song Is About You’,”

“You know the words already?” Olly asked, grabbing a couple beers out of the fridge, handing one to Louis and opening one for himself.

Liam nodded with a  smirk.

“Liam’s an Olly fangirl,” Louis chuckled, taking a drink from the beer bottle in his hand. 

“Shutup, Lou,” Liam blushed.

“It’s true,” I replied, taking a drink of the coke in my hand. 

“You guys start without me,” Olly looked at me and nodded his head in the direction of the balcony.  “I need a word with you,”

“What word would you like me use?” I smirked.

“Styles,” Olly said sternly.

“Alright, alright,” I groaned and stood to my feet once more, following him out to the balcony.

“Harry’s gonna get a spanking,” Louis chuckled.

“You’re gonna let someone else give him one?” Zayn smirked.

“HAHAHAHA…no,” Louis laughed sarcastically.  

“What’s up?” I asked, as Olly slid the door closed behind us.

“No more games, Harry,” he replied.

“Who’s playing games?”

“You are,”

I sighed and shook my head. “I wasn’t playing games, Olly.  You jumped to your own conclusion,”

“No,” he replied, making a face.  “You helped lead me to that conclusion,”

“Okay,” I flung my hands up in defeat.  “Yeah, I did.  But you know what? You obviously deserved it,”

“I came to the room to apologize!” he snapped. “Because I knew that I fucked up!”

“Look, I’m not gonna fight with you,” I replied shaking my head once more and moving to look over the balcony.  “Just...treat her right, okay?”

“Stay out of my way and I will,”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 427 26
One Direction, One Direction, One Direction. This is all people talk about these days. Lisa is sick of it. Don't get her wrong, she doesn't hate them...
2.2K 79 35
Abigail Parker. She has secrets. At first, she seems like a seventeen year old goth. But when she gets lung cancer, and talks in her sleep to Liam, L...
15.4K 384 29
I was born in a beautiful family. I have the best mother, father and brother. I can sing, dance and play guitar. But just only one talent in our fami...
52.8K 1.9K 47
[this is the story of my happily ever after. and don't worry, it's definitely a fun one.] - ❝I will love you until the end of time, and then even l...