CONNECTED

Por JarriaJelese

Nicole and Tae are closer than ever; Nicole's spa is really taking off while Tae thinks about finally throwin... Más

1.
2.
3.1
3.2
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.1
51.2
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.

15.

511 17 2
Por JarriaJelese

Tae

"Thank you big head fool!" Mila hugged me as I handed her her new house keys. I was able to get her a house in Nicole and I's old neighborhood. It was the same one that my mama lived in, but she'd just have to deal with it.

The guy who owned most of the houses in the neighborhood and I were cool. I wasn't for renting shit, I liked to own everything I put my money into so I paid him cash for Nicole and I's old house and my mama house. After that he thought we were cool; money talks. All I had to do was hit him up and he sold me Mila's house for little of nothing. I just decided I'd rent the house out to her and she'd pay me every month, just like Maurice was doing.

"You welcome. I would've gotten you something furnished but you can't get all that with a house. I guess I'll be nice and cash app you a couple thousand."

She wiped her imaginary tears. "You the best brother ever. I owe you."

"Don't mention it. Nicole come on!" I called for her. She wanted to see the house so she begged to tag along with me. As soon as we got in the car she was whining about having to pee.

"I'm coming!" She shouted back in her cute lil voice. She soon came out, fixing her hat. She looked so good. She had on a sleeveless lime green dress that fit her body like a glove, some clear slides, and a white hat that had the word Unpredictable on it in black writing.

"Don't rush me Tae." She told me with an attitude. "I told you I had to use the bathroom and I didn't even get to see the house yet."

"Hurry up" I licked my lips, staring her up and down. I couldn't help myself. "You still tryna go to Target to find Rice something right?"

Maurice was having her Housewarming Party tonight and Nicole acted like she just had to get her a gift. I told her the furniture I bought her was a gift from the both of us, but her being her, she wasn't going for it.

"Yes I am" She moved her hair out the way of her lipgloss.

I sat on the kitchen counter while I waited for Mila to finish showing her around. I was bullshitting on my Instagram when I seen a post Montana put up about Korea.

@MuseStudios- Karin #Muse @KoKoKorea

I whistled at the diamonds on her neck. "Julio gone trip" I spoke out loud, scrolling past the picture.

"Alright I'll see you tonight G." I dapped Mila up as we were leaving.

"Ok see y'all and thanks again Tae." She told me sincerely. "I appreciate it."

"Stop thanking me, we good."

Nicole leaned into my side as we walked to my car. "What you want?"

"Nothing, that just was really nice of you." She looked up at me. "I love you and I'm thankful to be with a person as caring as you."

"Oh so I ain't no heartless murder no more?" I opened my driver side door.

She chuckled, rolling her eyes. "You still are but sometimes you're sweet."

"Well I preciate it mama." I leaned over the console for a kiss. "And I love you too." She grinned.

We ended up going to three different stores instead of just Target. She didn't see anything she thought Maurice would like in there so we went to Z Gallery, they had the same stuff as last time; just like I told her they would. She finally found two matching laps she thought would go good with Maurice's couch in Home Goods. She got her a gift card as well.

"Baby can we stop at Coldstone? I really want a waffle cone."

"You got Cold Stone money?" I carefully put the lamps in my backseat before getting my car and starting it back up.

"I didn't bring my purse."

"Well looks like you gone have to eat the ice-cream we got at home."

She smacked her lips "You really gone do me like that? If it was the other way around I'd pay for you."

"Would you really?" I asked sarcastically.

"I love you so much, yes I would." She smiled trying to make me feel bad.

"Well I don't know what to tell you, Love."

"Tae-"

"Ima get you some Cold Stone, calm down." I patted her hand causing her to jerk it away.

"I actually want frozen yogurt instead." She told me as I backed out of my parking spot. "Mmmm with fruit, marshmallows, and strawberry syrup." She closed her eyes with a cheesy ass grin on her face.

"Sounds like a stomachache."

"I know it'll be so good." She assured me. "Then a nice nap afterwards." She rubbed her stomach looking out the window.

*********

Nicole

"Oooo sis this is so cute!" I complimented Maurice as I walked through her house for the first time.

"Thank youuu" She sang, smiling. "I-"

"Alright I put the pasta in the oven to keep it warm." I heard the voice I thought I'd never be able to hear again. "Oh, what's up y'all" She spoke to both Tae and I.

I was frozen still, trying to think of what the hell was going on. I almost got an headache from being so confused.

She lightly brushed past Maurice, hugging me and dapping up Tae; smiling. She touched my growing belly. "I heard about the twins, y'all excited?" She looked between him and I.

I nodded "Mhm" I forced out.

He agreed with me but actually engaged in conversation like he didn't know what I knew. We stood in the doorway for a couple more minutes while they finished talking.

"Alright Maurice" She focused her attention back on her. "I'm going home shower and change. I'm still invited?" She questioned, going in for a side hug.

"Sure" Maurice smiled.

This fake ass bitch....

"Alright y'all" She waved at us one last time.

"Bye" I mumbled

"See you around Leslie." Tae told her from the couch where we were now sitting.

Maurice shut and locked the door behind her. "Don't say anything about it Nicole." She shut me up before I could start causing Tae to laugh.

"How can I not when you just told me you were breaking up with her?"

"And I did"

"But she was here"

She looked around like duh. "Yes she was"

"Bitch don't get smart!" I spat. She waved me off, going somewhere else in the house. "Y'all were early but everybody else should be on their way!" She told us.

We were only early because I knew if I would've went home and taken a nap, there was no way I would be making it to her party; especially since the kids wouldn't be home. Ms. Yolanda and Mr. Lenard has all the kids last night and Ms. Karen wanted them tonight. I wasn't complaining this time around. I could use the two day break.

I went to stand up but Tae grabbed my wrist. "What?"

"Baby leave her alone and respect her privacy. If she don't wanna tell you what's going on then she don't have to and you gotta respect that."

"I don't have to respect shit!" He sighed. "I'm confused, ain't you confused? You should be!"

"I'm not" He answered my question. "You know me, I don't care what everybody else got going on if it ain't me and you. You the only one that feel like just because we all cool-"

"We're family" I corrected him.

"My bad, family." He paused. "You think that everybody suppose to just kumbaya around the campfire and share everything they got going on. That's not realistic baby."

"That is not what I think Tae."

"It is but you gone do what you wanna do anyway so go ahead." He turned the tv on. "Nosy ass girl"

I smacked my lips "Can we at least watch something I wanna watch?"

He chuckled "Don't feel like you gotta stay in here with me because I said something. Gone on and pry into her business like you want to."

"I am not nosy!" I whined.

"Yes you are" He laughed as I jumped on him. "Now you wanna fight me because you nosy?"

I couldn't help but to laugh; his laugh was contagious. I got off of him, outta breath. "You get on my nerves."

Almost an hour later everybody else showed up. Taejin ran to me as soon as Mr. Lenard put him down. "Me missed you Mommy!" He hugged my leg. My moment didn't last long before he spotted his Daddy and went directly to him.

"Oh so just forget Mommy huh?" I asked with my hands on my hips, watching Tae pick him up with one hand and toss the rest of his handful of grapes in his mouth with the other. Maurice had all different types of appetizers, fruit, cheese, and candy sitting out.

He smirked "Don't be jealous, what's up Killa?" He held his hand out for Taejin to do their handshake.

He grinned staring at Tae as they finished. "Sup Daddy"

"You had fun at Nanny and Poppa's House?"

"Yes sir, Nanny buy me a big monster truck." He held his hands out showing him how big it was.

"She did?" Tae matched his excitement. "Where its at?"

"Nanny car"

"Aw man we gone have to go get it later so you can show me."

"No no Daddy! Put me down so me can go get Nanny keys." He repeatedly patted Tae's arm, looking at the ground.

Tae started laughing making Taejin mug him. "Ooouuu you look just like your Daddy!" Ms. Karen came out of nowhere. "Who did it baby?" She leaned up kissing his cheek.

"Me wanna get Nanny keys."

"For what?" She asked him.

"Monster truck"

"Ohhhh ok" She held her hands out for him. "MiMi will take you."

He clung to Tae, wrapping his arms around him. "Noooo, Daddy go with me." He responded making Tae smile.

Ms. Karen touched her chest "Oh really?"

"I can't help that I'm my kids favorite." He bragged. "I did create them."

"You may be Taejin's favorite but we all know I'm Troi's." I butted in.

He looked offended "Tell another lie" He dared me. "Troi don't even fuck with you like that."

"Tae you lying, she always picks me over you." Ms. Karen laughed at us going back and forth.

"My nigga when?" He dragged out.

"For everything"

"Like what?"

"Literally everything"

"Alright we'll see tonight at bath time who she fuck with more. Matter fact, you wanna put money on this shit?" He was getting so defensive, which I found hilarious.

"How much?" I asked, wanting to make sure he wasn't talking big money.

"A thousand dollars"

I thought about it "Ok"

"Don't be just talking Nicole." He told me as he tossed Taejin over his shoulder, putting him on his back.

"I would never" I looked down at my phone seeing Nic had texted me.

Nicholas💙- Wyd? You busy? 7:42 p.m.

Me- No I'm not, wassup? Are you ok? 7:42 p.m.

I hadn't heard from him in almost two weeks.

Nicholas💙- Just need somebody to talk to 7:44 p.m.

I immediately got up off the couch and went searching for Maurice. "Have you seen Maurice Mr. Lenard?" I asked him since he was the first person I seen. He was standing up in the hallway eating a chicken wing.

He shook his head no, swallowing what he had in his mouth. "No I haven't ladybug. You ok? You look like something on your mind."

"I'm fine, I just need to ask her something." I bypassed him, going into the kitchen. Mila was sitting at the Island stuffing her face while Korea leaned over it talking to her. They both looked my way. "Have y'all seen Maurice?"

"She went to change." Korea answered. "You look cute with your lil baby bump."

"Thanks" I ran my hands over my stomach, smiling. "And I see you all iced out." I touched her chain. "I'm in loveeeee." I sang. "When you'd get it?"

"Montana surprised me with it yesterday during the storm." She blushed. "Totally caught me off guard."

"So he finally stopped acting funny?" Mila scraped her now empty plate.

"I mean, I really don't know." She shrugged. "Seems like it depends on the day."

I sighed "Men" I sat down besides Mila.

"Tell me about it"

"I'm still Team Julio everyday and all day!" Mila shouted out letting Korea know.

"You might as well let that dream die, Love." Korea gave her a fake smile, folding her arms across her chest. "That chapter been closed."

"You still love him though. Can you put some more wings on my plate?" She asked but was already handing it to her before she could answer.

She took it from her, turning her back to us. "Of course I do and I always will and I respect him, but some things are just unforgivable." She told us as she put wings on the plate. "Y'all know I don't hold any hate in my heart so I honestly wish him the best but that was me so."

"Ooouuuu, ok Ms. Thang! You better feel yourself!" Mila hyped her up as we laughed.

"What are y'all so loud for?" Maurice came into the kitchen with a frown on her face. "I could hear y'all way in my room." She opened the refrigerator.

We all looked at her funny "Who pissed you off?" I asked since Korea and Mila had went mute.

"Nobody, I'm fine. Can y'all help me heat up the rest of the food and set everything out?"

"Yeah but I gotta ask you something first." I jumped out the high ass chair she was using as a barstool.

"What's up?" She looked at me.

"Nic texted me saying he needs someone to talk to and since I'm here, I just wanted to run it by you and make sure it's cool for him to come over."

"He can" She told me. "I don't have a problem with it."

I texted him her address and to keep things from being so awkward for everybody once he came, I went outside to wait for him.

I seen Julio pulling up in the driveway and a smile spread across my face. I honestly missed my friend and I hadn't seen him in forever. He hardly came around anymore and I was making it my business to find out why.

I'm still not nosey

"Friennddddddd!" I ran up to his truck as soon as he opened the door.

"Aw shit yo big head ass. Move so I can go back home."

I giggled "I missed you BFF, where you been?" I hugged him.

"Trying to get my head right honestly." He cleared his throat. "My bad for ignoring y'all."

"I understand, it's cool."

"Who all in there?"

"Everybody"

"That Montana nigga?" He flexed his jaw.

"Sound like you jealous." I messed with him.

"That's because I am." He raised his voice a little. "He with my woman."

"When will you let her go?"

"Never" He told me quickly. "That's my woman, ima marry her."

"Ju-"

"You just wait and see." He pointed at me. "How you feeling?" He changed the subject touching my stomach.

"I'm doing pretty good. I'm so excited about this pregnancy, I can't wait to find out what I'm having. I really don't care about the genders though but at the same time it would be nice to have one more of each." I took a breathe. "Tae wants boys though an-"

"Ok sis I get it, damn! You ramble on like your mouth a water facet."

"Whatever"

I kept talking but stopped once I noticed he wasn't listening to anything I was saying. Instead he was staring at something behind me with a mug on his face. I turned around seeing Nic's car.

"What he doing over here? Everybody back fucking with him? I missed that much?

"No and no" I answered his questions. "He needs somebody to talk to."

He kept looking at his car. "Let me handle it." He sighed.

"You sure?"

"Yeah you go in and enjoy this lil wack ass party. You pregnant anyway, you don't need the stress."

"Thanks bro and I need you to do something for me."

"What you need ugly?"

"For you to keep your cool and not make things awkward for Korea while you're here."

He smacked his lips looking off "Mannnnn"

"I'm serious Julio and don't be doing that weird staring shit either."

"Alright"

I held out my pinky. "Pinky promise"

"Nigga I ain't about to lock pinkies with you over this shit."

"Well just promise then."

"No because then I'd be lying." He walked off leaving me standing there.

********
"Why you looking like that?" Nic nudged me. "You mad about something?"

"Not exactly" I answered him still staring straight ahead watching Jasmine and Tae talk. He was sitting on one of the bar stools while she stood in front of him with her arms crossed.

Another hour or so had passed and now all of Maurice's outsider friends had arrived; including all the girls she used to work with, people from her new job, and a couple of people she knew from the gym she went to..... Leslie had came back as well.

Thankfully, the actually party would be outside. Her house was huge, but it still wasn't quite big enough for everybody to move around comfortably, and there was too much tension between certain people to be all on top of one another.

"I don't like her." I blurted out my thoughts.

"Who?" Nic bit into one of his sandwiches.

I nodded my head towards Jasmine. "That bitch"

"Aww baby sis don't tell me you tripping off the girl talking to Tae. They just talking."

"No I know her intentions. She wants to be super close to him for some reason." I clenched my fist as he laughed at something she said. She smiled, leaning on the counter.

"T-" Nic covered my mouth already knowing I was bout to cause a scene. "Don't embarrass yourself over nothing." He whispered to me.

"It'll be worth it" I quickly got up making my way to them before he could stop me. Tae seen me coming and clutched the bridge of his nose, putting his head down.

"Oh hey Nicole" Jasmine spoke.

"I wanna laugh" I ignored her. "What was the joke?" I looked between her and Tae.

He sighed "Baby-"

"No Tae! You ke-keing and ha-haing with the bitch who you KNOW I don't like so I wanna laugh too!"

He grabbed my arm, taking me towards the back of the house. We went in Maurice's room and he angrily shut the door behind us. "What the fuck is your problem girl? You tripping!"

"I'm not! You know I don't like that bitch yet you got her all in your face!" I big faced him. "That's my problem!"

"I didn't have her in shit! She came up to me about something business related! The shit was funny so I laughed!" He held his hands out looking down at me, irritated. "You should know what we were talking about by the way you were listening and staring!"

"Oh so you seen me and proceed to talk to the bitch, huh?"

He rolled his eyes "Oh my God, bro! I can't do this with you right now." He passed me, opening the door.

"So you just gone walk out without resolving this?"

"Ain't shit to resolve Nicole! You upset over nothing!" I sat down on the bed with an attitude. He threw his head back, calming himself down. "Bae why you in your feelings over something so small?" He asked after we both had been silent for a while.

"You know I don't like her Tae, I tell you all the time. Ever since you brought her to my spa that time."

"Baby I've apologized for that time and time again."

"I forgave you but I still don't like her. She gives me really bad vibes."

"I asked you if you wanted me to fire her and you said no."

"Because who am I to stop another woman from making her bag?" I touched my chest. "I would never"

"Ok then so drop it" He opened the door again, leaving this time.

Once I left out of the room, everybody was already outside besides Leslie. She was grabbing the pasta out of the oven. She looked behind her shoulder. "Good, you can help me."

"Why me out of all those other people outside?"

She laughed "Just help me, lazy."

"Well if I help you, you gotta tell me the tea on you and Maurice."

She smirked "You something else man. What do you wanna know?" She opened the refrigerator grabbing a bag of shredded cheese. She handed me the salad pan.

"So y'all are broken up?"

"Yeah, her call. I respect her decision though. I left for almost half a year; you can't expect somebody to stick around that long."

"You not upset?"

"No, I understand life and love. I believe we just weren't meant to be and I'm fine with that. I'm sure we'll always be cool though, that's my nigga."

"See I've always liked you Leslie."

She laughed again "I fuck with you too sis."

"Mia and Cali, didn't I tell y'all to get y'all behinds out that pool?" I covered my ears as I passed by Ms. Karen; she was so loud for no reason.

I took my seat beside my brother and Mila and across from Tae. "I'm starving man!" Julio shouted through his hands.

"Me too, I ain't even gone lie. Them lil sandwiches didn't do shit for a nigga." Marcus rubbed his stomach. Korea and I laughed at him. "Them hoes were good though."

Montana got my attention, holding his camera up to his face. I sat up straight, leaning into Mila so we could take the picture together.

"Smile Lil Nicole, smile" Marcus told me in a childish voice making me burst out laughing as the flash went off.

"Why you always messing with people?" Mila turned her face up at him.

"Why you tryna make my kid middle name Sunshine?" He gave her a dumb look.

Tae laughed, covering his mouth. "See I knew you wasn't going for that shit G."

"Man hell nah! My shorty middle name ain't bout to sound like she belong at a Peace Rally."

I couldn't help but laugh, he was so funny.

"We don't even know if I'm having a girl!" She yelled over all of us laughing.

He scoffed "We is, look at the camera." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. They both smiled hard as fuck like they weren't just bickering.

I was a little nervous about our seating arrangement, but if everybody kept their mouths shut we'd be fine. Maurice had multiple circular tables set out. At our table was Nic, Mila, Marcus, Korea, Montana, Tae, and I.

Obviously Julio didn't feel comfortable being around Montana and Korea so instead of taking the last chair at our table, he opted to sit by Leslie and Maurice at the one beside us.

Tae and I made eye contact. "We good?" I asked.

He nodded "I ain't tripping off that bullshit."

I smiled, standing up to give him a kiss. He leaned over the table, kissing my lips twice. "I love you baby." I told him.

"I love you too mama."

"Maurice I said when is we gone eat? I'm hungry." I heard Julio from the other table.

She smacked her lips "I'm waiting on Cali and Mia to finish putting their clothes back on."

"Fuck them kids!"

Leslie damn near choked on her soda she was laughing so hard. "You a fool" She wiped her mouth.

"Kids eat first Julio."

"Yeah, that's a black rule they need to scratch out the  rule book."

Eventually the time to eat finally came. Mr. Lenard said the longest prayer in America. I thought I was gone have to sit down.

"Damn that nigga long winded! He quoted the whole gotdamn Bible, shit!" Marcus bucked his eyes, handing Mila and I plates. The food was set out buffet style and we were behind him in line.

"Ima need you to get away from me." I put some salad on my plate. "I can't be laughing all night."

"It's not me, it them"

"Bae can you go get me another fork?" Tae asked me as I sat my plate down. "Our daughter made me drop  mine." He looked all upside Troi's head. She was banging on the table, still chewing while he held her.

"I guess I can, I need to get something to drink anyway.

"Can you get me something?" He asked. "Same shit as you."

"Me too sis"

"I forgot my drink too man."

I was bent over looking through the cooler when Julio scared the shit out of me. "Don't come behind me and just start talking!"

"My bad sis, I just can't do this shit."

"What?"

"See how they hugged up! The nigga all in her personal space."

I followed his eyes, looking towards Korea and Montana. I shook my head "Julio leave them people alone."

"Then Mama Karen talking to him like he just belong  in the family; trader."

I laughed "You are so jealous. Here, carry these drinks for me." I handed them all to him.
He followed me to get Tae's fork and back to our table.

"Baby I just love that necklace! I seen it on my Instagram." Ms. Karen hit Korea's hand as we walked up.

"Mama why you even got an Instagram? You don't post shit." Tae questioned her. "You just be on there to stalk us."

"Taelor mind your own business!"

Korea chuckled "Thank you mama, Montana had it made as a gift." She smiled.

"Oh so you bought her that fake ass chain?" Julio laughed, clutching his stomach.

My eyes bucked as my heart dropped. "Ju-"

"That's five bands round her neck, ain't shit fake about it nigga." Korea touched his arm shaking her head no. "You a bitch" Montana spat.

"Nuh Uh! Y'all not about to do this in my house!" Maurice said to the both of them.

"Yet you sitting here with mine." Julio pressed his lips together. "That's funny ain't it?"

"Aye come inside with me bro." Tae immediately stood up as the words left his mouth.

"Yeah my nigga, all the dessert in there. You need a piece of cake or something. " Marcus stood up as well.

"I don't need shit but for this nigga." He pointed in Montana's face. "To leave mines alone.

Montana bust out laughing as Korea did everything in her power to shut him up. "What's yours?" He snatched her hand off his mouth. "You really fucked up up here." He motioned towards his head. "How you cheat on a good woman with your baby mama who don't give a fuck about you or the life that y'all created? Then you get another woman pregnant, let her disrespect the one you claim you love, take her child away from her to punish her, and hit her once you realize she tryna move on."

"You don't know shit!" Julio's whole face was red. Everybody was trying to stop them before things escalated too far.

"Go inside Julio!" Korea pleaded with him with tears in her eyes as she still kept trying with Montana.

"You gone take up for this nigga?" He looked at her in disbelief. "Foreal Korea? After all we been through?"

"Julio please!" Ms. Yolanda touched her sons' chest.

"Come on son, let's just go take a walk." Mr. Lenard gripped his shoulder.

"Everything we've been through is because you put me through it!" She screamed. "Every single thing!"

"And I'm trying to make it right."

"YOU CAN'T! I don't want you Julio! If anything I just wish you'd leave me alone!"

I was glad Ms. Karen had taken the kids inside as soon as she realized where things were headed.

"Maybe you heard her that time big fella." Montana said, being petty.

Julio pulled his gun out and cocked it as we all screamed in fear. "Julio put the gun down!" I told him as I got on my hands and knees under the table along with Mila and Maurice.

"Julio if you shoot my house up ima kill you with my bare hands!" Maurice poked her head out. "Somebody get that gun!"

"Fuck this nigga!" His voice cracked as tears rolled down his face. "I love you Korea. I fucked up and I know that but what he got that I don't?" He asked her breaking my heart. "I'm sorry Ma"

She continued to sit in Montana's lap, covering him. "I can't let you do it Julio."

He waved the gun "Move!"

Tae made a quick move and knocked him out cold. "This nigga tripping!" He pulled his pants up. Marcus helped Tae pick him up. "Ima take him home."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

358 16 2
* This is a spin-off of my Wild Passion series. It picks up from A Question of Passion (Part 5). It's less steamy than most of my work, but trust me...
276K 9K 57
It's a love story of two people from different world Kim taehyung Y/N Malhotra Kindly if you liked the episodes please Vote.
1.7M 75.7K 69
How would you describe love and hate with one word?" Taehyung stares conflictedly at the ravenette, taking in the fading bruises on his neck and the...
128K 8.2K 40
No family,only a trust fund. Finally able to move on from the death of her boyfriend. Beyoncé finds herself in a bind. She's offered a position as a...