The Heathers VS. The Plastics...

By no_user_1009

A school in Evanston, Illinois is ruled by a clique of 4 girls called "The Plastics". Another school in Sherw... More

Intro:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
1K SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER
I Was Tagged For The First Time

Chapter 3

6.4K 97 1.1K
By no_user_1009

Veronica's POV

Dear Diary,

I believe I'm a good person,
You know, I think there's good in everyone
But here we are, first day of senior year!
I look around at all these kids I've known all my life and I ask myself: 
What happened???

I walked through the halls of Westerburg once again, this time a year older. Like always, I write my thoughts down in my beloved diary. Before I could write any further, someone shoved me in the shoulder. I was about to punch back, thinking it might be Ram or Kurt. Instead, I realized the person who shoved me was someone I've never seen in Westerburg before. She was dressed in pink, but it looked fashionable.

"Oh, sorry! I'm a new student here, you know, from the exchange student thingy!" She said. 

"It's fine." I held out my hand. "I'm Veronica, Veronica Sawyer."

She shook my hand. "Nice to meet you!" Before she could introduce herself, somebody was calling her from across the hallway, and she had to leave.

Shrugging, I simply went back to my own business.

Janis's POV

"The people here are worse than back at home." Damian told me as we saw a random jock beat up one of his fellow students. 

"Well, not everyone can be nice." I replied. First day of school and things already feel like shit.

"SHUT UP HEATHER!" We heard someone shout from the hallway.

"Sorry, Heather..." Another person said.

Me and Damian took a peek at what was going on. In the hallway, there were 3 girls who were arguing with each other. 

"Heather, just stop rambling about your bulimia! You're only making yourself look worse!" The girl who said this had strawberry blonde hair, tied back with a red scrunchie. The scrunchie isn't the only thing that was red, nearly her entire outfit was.

"Sorry, Heather..." The girl who apologized had black hair tied into a low ponytail with a green scrunchie, and had an outfit similar to the first girl, only green.

"Maybe you should see a doctor Heather." The third girl had poofy blonde hair, and she was dressed in a yellow scrunchie and outfit.

"Well you don't see that everyday..." Damian said.

"They remind me of the Plastics actually." I rolled my eyes. All 3 girls had "Plastic" written all over them.

Before any other drama can happen, the bell rang, and everyone hurried over to their respective classrooms.

"See you at lunch." Damian said as he went to the classroom in front of us.

I went to my assigned classroom just down the hall. I could only hope that none of the Plastics were in my class. I opened the door. The teacher wasn't there yet so I took one of the seats at the back. I glanced around at the students in the classroom. I spotted the 3 girls from earlier, seated at the front row. Behind them was Aaron Samuels, who is Cady's apparent crush or something. At least no Plastics. A teacher suddenly came in through the door.

"Good Morning everyone! I will be your teacher for this school year. I'm Ms. Fleming" After the teacher introduced herself, she began to discuss today's lesson.

"Oh boy, this class will be absolutely interesting"

Veronica's POV

After several fun hours of learning knowledge we will most likely never use in our adult lives, the lunch bell finally rang. I met up with J.D. and Martha and we proceeded to the cafeteria to have lunch. We usually took a seat near the back, but not at the very back, We did this so we could hide from the wrath of the Heathers but still be able to see what was going on. We spotted 2 people, a boy and girl, seated alone on a nearby table. The guy wore a checkered polo over a shirt, while the girl wore a denim jacket that was covered with several patches. Probably more new students. The Heathers took their usual spot near the center of the cafeteria. Nothing out of the ordinary.

That is, until some more of the new students walked in.

4 girls, all wearing pink, entered the cafeteria like they owned it. Several people were gasping and staring at them in awe. Usually all that attention went to the Heathers, but there are always exceptions.

"Who the hell are these people?" J.D. asked out loud.

Before I could answer, the guy from the nearby table spoke.

"Those are the Plastics, the most popular group of girls at our school."

My eyes widened. So there is a version of the Heathers at their school? It's not that I was surprised that there were mean girls at their school; literally every school has some version of that. What shocked me is that now there are now two alpha cliques in this school.

"I'm guessing those girls over there are the same as they are." the girl beside the guy said.

"Yeah, those are the Heathers." Martha said.

"They float above it all." I rolled my eyes. "The one in red is Heather Chandler, The one in green is Heather Duke, and the one in yellow is Heather Mcnamara. Mcnamara's dad sells engagement rings, so she is filthy rich. Duke runs the yearbook committee, but all that everyone ever talks about is how her mom paid for implants. Chandler, of course, is the leader, the almighty, the mythic bitch." I explained.

The girl with the denim jacket pointed at the girl in the front, she had long blonde curls and from her appearance you can tell she's the leader.

"That's Regina George. She is the Queen Bee, everyone at my school basically worships her." she said. "Behind her is Karen Smith, the dumbest person you'll ever meet. Next to Karen is Gretchen Wieners, she's expected to know everything about everybody, and Cady, who is supposed to be our friend." I recognized Cady as the girl who bumped into me awhile ago. She looked nice enough, but looks can be deceiving. 

"Supposed to be?" JD asked out of the blue.

"It's a long story." the guy said. "Um, we didn't introduce ourselves. I'm Damian"

"He is too gay to function." the girl said. "Name's Janis"

"I'm Martha" Martha held her hand out. Damian was the one to shake it.

"Jason Dean, but just call me J.D."

"I'm Veronica" I finally said. "Looks like there's drama happening over there."

It seems like The Plastics have made the horrible decision to sit right beside the Heathers. What's more unfortunate is that there was no room for the fourth girl, Cady.

"Can you scoot over a little? my friend Cady here needs a seat." Regina George said to the Heathers.

"She has no idea who she's dealing with" I thought

Promptly, Heather Chandler stood up, but instead of moving to the side, she blocked whatever space Cady was planning to sit on. Everyone went silent. Nobody ever challenged Chandler's power. Heather Duke may have been a replacement for Chandler during her absence, but Chandler was pissed at her for nearly the rest of that school year.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't listen to assholes." Heather Chandler said.

"Oh, sorry, I just happen to talk to them" was the girl's response.

Everyone just stared in shock. Soon, the silence was broken by "oohs" and people shouting random things like: "You need some ice for that burn?" The last time I saw Chandler this pissed, I puked on her outfit at a Remington party.

"This is going to be ugly." I stated. There is a reason nobody messes with the Heathers.

"Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?" Chandler looked like she was about to snap.

"The prettiest poison you've ever seen." Regina spat. "Now, move."

"Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast? I'm not moving. Go sit with Martha Dumptruck over there. You and your group would fit right in. You are all wearing pink anyway." Chandler made her point clear.

We all shot Martha a comforting glance. She smiled back to show that she wasn't really offended by it anymore. "I'll just be in the library." she said as she left.

Regina looked impatient, but she still kept her cool. "Gretchen, give Cady your seat." 

"But-" Gretchen tried to protest.

"Now, Gretchen! You'll just have to eat standing up for today." Regina hissed at her.

Cady silently sat down while the rest of the lunchroom ate in peace.

"This isn't good." Damian said. 

"That might be an understatement." J.D. deadpanned.

"Knowing Heather, she's gonna try to get rid of Regina as soon as possible." I said.

"Knowing Regina, she's gonna get everyone else on her side and overthrow Chandler." Janis countered.

"That's impossible, no one can overthrow Chandler." I thought. "Either way, we're screwed. They're both rich bitches who love to order people around. It's either Regina rules, or Heather Chandler does."

"Not unless we do something about it" JD said. 

"Like a prank? I've always wanted to prank Regina." Janis said, oddly excited.

"Seems like you really hate her." JD remarked. 

"Regina used to be my friend when we were in middle school. Once we were high school though, she started being a bitch." Janis's expression when she said this was nearly impossible to read. 

"What did she do?" JD inquired.

"It's a personal issue for her." Damian quickly said.

"Sorry." I elbowed JD to remind him to be more sensitive.

"How exactly are you going to prank Regina?" JD asked, changing the subject.

"Cady was supposed to help me figure that out" Janis replied. She was still glaring at JD for earlier.

"Let me guess, she used to be your friend until one day the Plastics asked her to sit with them at lunch. Ever since then you've barely talked, and you guys don't really feel like friends anymore." I put together what Damian and Janis had said about Cady. The situation was all too familiar to me.

"That's... actually pretty accurate." Damian said, surprised.

"She was a new student last year. Regina took advantage of that." Janis said.

The bell rang. "We better get going. It was nice meeting you both." I stood up and went back to the classroom with JD.

Janis's POV

"It seems like we made friends with the outcasts of this school. How fitting." I spat as I returned my lunch tray.

"They seemed nice enough. We should really try talking to Cady sometime." Damian told me.

"I'll try. That would only happen though if we get a chance to pry her away from the Plastics." Speaking of the Plastics, they're no longer the only problem we had. Now, we also had to avoid the Heathers.

Cady's POV

*timeskip to after class*

After what had happened at lunch several people came up to me to ask me about what it felt like to stand up to Heather Chandler. I simply responded with "I was nervous." and they seemed to accept that as my answer. I only knew about Heather Chandler and the other two Heathers from my seatmate. On the other hand, Regina was the one who stood up to Chandler, not me, although people were literally swarming around her, asking all sorts of questions. I tried to get out of the crowd that now looked like Regina George's new fan club. The keyword is "tried", and I ended up bumping into somebody.

That somebody was none other than Aaron Samuels.

"Oh, uh, hi Cady!" he greeted me

"O-oh, uh, yeah, um, hi? Sorry for, uh, b-bumping into you." I apologized awkwardly. I realized just now how much I stuttered in that sentence.

"It's OK. See ya later, I guess." He smiled at me

I blushed. "Yeah, see you later."

I turned back to where Regina was and she approached me. "Cady! Meet me after school. I'm gonna take you to the mall to buy you some shoes." she said sweetly.

"OK! Thanks Regina!" After that, I spotted Janis standing next to the lockers, watching the commotion. I remembered that it has been a while since we last talked.

"Uh, hi Janis! Sorry I wasn't able to chat since I joined the Plastics."

"It's fine, actually." Janis said. She didn't seem too upset about it. "What did she say to you anyway?"

"She's taking me to the mall to shop for shoes." I said happily. "I honestly don't get why you hate her Janis! Regina seems pretty cool-"

"Regina George isn't cool Cady!" Janis interrupted. "She is dangerous okay?" 

"But Janis-"

"Listen Cady," Janis hissed.
"Don't be fooled by the pink, she is not playing dolls, she is stalking the halls, for the thrill of the kill."
"Every person in school, is aware of her stare, when she tosses her hair, they go perfectly still."
"All their eyes say, "don't attack me!", watch them sweat and pant and shake."
"Every food chain has its acme, Regina George eats steak."
"She's the queen of the beasts, she can smell your fear, in this biosphere, she's the apex predator."
"Like a lioness, only with less fur,"
"Do not mess with her, she's the apex predator!"

What Janis had just told me was pretty shocking to hear from her. I knew she hated Regina, but I didn't know she hated her that much. I met up with Regina, and like promised, the 4 of us went to the mall to get new shoes. As I shopped with them, I thought about my relationship with the Plastics.

"At the watering hole, see the girls who weren't nice, have to scatter like mice, from a jungle cat."
"And though Janis is great, she does not have this power, people literally cower, Janis can't do that!"

"See us mark our territory, as I follow in her train."
"I was victim, I was quarry, now I shake my mane."

"She's the queen of beasts, and I'm in her pride."
"I have hitched a ride, with the apex predator."

"And it's kinda fun, when she bares her claws."
"When I'm safe because, I'm with the apex predator!"

"So, have you seen any guys who think you're cute yet?" Gretchen suddenly asked me.

"There's this guy in my calculus class, Aaron Samuels?" I told them. Gretchen suddenly squawked like a parrot.

"No no no Cady! That's Regina's ex-boyfriend!" Karen said.

"Ex-boyfriends are absolutely off-limits to friends. That's, well, the rules of feminism!" Gretchen shook her head. 

Regina beckoned us to come over to her, and we hastily followed.

"Did I think I'd be protected by my new exotic pet?"
"Not a chance if she suspected, if I was any kind of reproductive threat"
"But she doesn't know yet"

Janis's words from earlier echoed in my mind.

"No, she doesn't know yet!"
"She's the queen of beasts, at this beastly school, gotta keep things cool, with the apex predator"
"So I'm kinda friends?"

"But you're kinda prey..."

"Jesus, what a day!"
"With the apex predator!"

"Will she braid your hair?"
"Will she eat your heart?"
"How can you outsmart?"
"The apex predator!"

~Yay so Janis, Damian, Martha, Veronica and JD have met each other!
~Chandler is actually really pissed at the lunch incident. Regina, on the other hand, doesn't really care XD
~So I decided to write the events that happened in each musical as they normally would (except I tweaked it a bit since its a crossover AU). Future chapters will probably be like this as well.
~I'll try to update as soon as I can.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 288 45
In the small town of Tulsa, Oklahoma, everyone is divided; you're either a greaser or a socs. If you're a greaser, you're only seen as lower class an...
53 0 6
(This is a fanfic! We do NOT own the writes to the original source; Heathers) Chapter 5 out now! Written By: Lacey Pink, Olivia Augustyn! Set in the...
529K 12.4K 22
{Suicidal & Sexual situations. Mature content} (Slow updates) You never were miss popular. everyone had always found something to tease you about. ...
74.2K 3K 27
After years of trying to hide from the past, Veronica finds herself seeing her high school life go like her daughters. It scares her to death, but sh...