Gun for Hire ✔ (COMPLETED)

By chapterbangtan

I looked at him and was mesmerized by his eyes. What a beautiful man he is, his silver hair is nicely combed... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's Note
Author's face?
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 43

347 12 16
By chapterbangtan

***

"You did what?" Yoongi looked up at me from his computer.

"I'm sorry okay, I don't know how to respond," I defended myself.

I came here with Hoseok sleeping in Yoongi's bed. Normally, I would ask them both what the hell he's doing here but because that's not the reason I came here in the first place, I ignored my brother sleeping with no shirt in his bed.

"You could've just said you're giving him a chance," Yoongi suggested.

I just shrugged and stared at him.

He groaned in frustration and handed me a stick of cigarette.

"I don't smoke," I gave the stick back to him.

"Right," he must've confused me for someone.

He turned his chair to face me and inhaled sharply.

"Look, Jungkook is gone Hea," he started with a quiet voice.

"You can't bring him back. Jimin is here, he's here and he's willing to wait for you. It's been months Hea. No, actually, it's almost a year since my brother is gone. I think you deserve to be free from him," he finished with an exhale.

Still have no words.

"I know you loved him so much. He loves you too Hea so I know he will not like what he's seing now," he finished patting my head.

I was about to speak when my brother moaned.

"Y-Yoongi," he breathed.

I look at his direction to see him tossing. When I turned back to look at Yoongi, his face is all red.

"Oh my god," I said covering my mouth.

I know he was about to defend himself but I pretended to cover my ears and rush out of the room.

I cannot believe what's actually happening.

--

I checked myself once again in the mirror and scrunch my face. Another social event it is. For the past gatherings I've been attending to, Edward never showed up. Is he hiding?

I secretly strap the holster on my leg and slid in my gun. I am sure Hoseok won't let me bring any if he sees me.

Once he enters, I immediately let go of the hem of my dress in place.

"You ready?" he asked handing me my handbag.

"I'm not going to talk to anyone in that party," I said to him.

"Come on Hea, you need to. Jimin won't be able to come with you,"

"What? Why?" I asked in dismay.

"He has an important meeting to attend to," he answered me.

I nodded in response and went my way.

Hiro is surprisingly outside waiting for me.

"Good morning Ms. Jung, Mr. Park told me to come with you today," he said with a smile.

"Okay, I don't really know what's up with Jimin but fine. You better stay with me in that party so I won't need to talk to anyone there," I said to him while I enter the car.

He chuckled closing the door.

Once he had his seatbelt on, he looked at me in the rearview mirror.

"I'm afraid bodyguards are not allowed to stay that close Miss," he smiled to me.

I groaned knowing that it's true.

We arrived at the garden pavillion and was greeted by the hostess. She's actually quite young to host a wine launching.

"Hello Miss Jung, I'm happy that you came," she greeted me with a smile.

"The pleasure is all mine Irene," I smiled genuinely at her.

She is really such a sweet person and I love that she addresses me with respect even though we're the same age.

I walked further into the party and saw Sandra.

Thank god!

I approached her immediately and she was shocked to see me.

"Hea? I mean Ms. Jung?" she corrected herself.

"Cut it out Sandra, it's good to see you," I said hugging her.

She hugged me back and looked around warily.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as I try to look at what she's searching for.

"What are you doing here?" she asked with a panicked voice.

"Why? Irene invited me," I said while she holds my hand tight.

I can feel that she's worried about something. She came near to my ear and whispered something.

"Taehyung is here, he's back and—" she was cut off when someone hugged me from behind making her step back.

"Hea," a deep velvet voice was heard.

I froze instantly and looked at Sandra who's biting her lower lip.

I turned to face him but Tae just nuzzled further on the crook of my neck. Instantly, the crowd began to whisper.

"I think we're having enough attention now Tae. I missed you too," I said hugging him back.

He let's go of the hug and walked to Sandra's side.

"Surprise!" he said smiling widely at me.

I smiled back at him and looked at Sandra who seems to look paler and paler.

Something's not right here.

If Taehyung is here, Edward is here too.

I looked around to where Sandra is staring at and there he is. After so many months, Edward decides to appear now.

He strolled casually to where we are and a smirk is on his face undoubtedly.

"What a pleasant surprise. The Jung's social butterfly is here," he said with a feign surprise in his voice.

"I see you're friends with my son and Sandra here. I hope I haven't interrupted something," he said.

"Good day Mr. Kim, looking dashing as ever," my voice is laced with pure mockery.

I chuckle rumbled out from him as he looks intensly at me.

"Ofcourse," he stretched his arms wide and nodded.

Taehyung tapped my shoulder and motioned me to follow them both.

"Excuse us Mr. Kim, I think your son wants to have fun," I raised my brow at him and I could see that he's already fuming.

I reached for my phone and started typing a message to Namjoon informing them of what's happening here. I pressed the send button and slipped it back in my bag.

I followed them both in the back area of the garden pavillion.

"I know you're a holy triad now Hea. Please stay away from my father," Taehyung said in a serious tone.

All playfulness gone from his voice.

I looked at him in understanding and Sandra beside him just seems to have seen a ghost.

"What's wrong Sandra? Is everything okay?" I asked her and she nodded roughly earning a look from Taehyung.

Something is really off here.

"Okay," I nodded hesitantly and was about to walk back when I heard a scream inside.

We all walked back to the area and found a dead man's body on the floor. A man in a red suit holding two swords stands before the dead body. Edward is on the side.

"Red," I muttered.

Taehyung grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away but when my eyes went back to Edward, he's already aiming a gun attached with silencer at me. Taehyung pulled harder and I saw Edward's finger pulling the trigger.

I know I am about to get hit so I anticipated the pain but then Red came running in my direction and instantly, he fell on the ground but tried stand up and walked away quickly. After everything that happened, I wasn't even able to see his face.

Taehyung has successfully pulled me out of the venue, Sandra in tow. He was about to push me inside his car but Hiro immediately grabbed ahold of Tae's shoulder.

"I'm here Ms. Jung, I think it's time to go home," he said with a clipped tone.

I looked at Taehyung who is about to protest but then Sandra reached for my hand and mouthed me to "go".

"I need to go home with my bodyguard Tae. I'll message you soon," I said and he reluctantly nodded.

Me and Hiro drove off to go home.

Red took a bullet for me.

Why would he?

I'm a threat to him right? Why else would he do that? Maybe he needs something. I know Red contact me soon if he needs anything.

I looked around to see that we're going to Jimin's place instead.

"I thought we're going home?" I aksed Hiro.

"I know Hea but I really need to drop by here. It's an emergency," he said in a stern voice.

I nodded and let him do whatever he wants.

Is it Jimin?

He parked the car outside and I can see Jimin's car just parked carelessly beside us. I was about to go out but Hiro reprimanded me.

"Stay here Hea no matter what," he said and I again nodded.

I have no intention in staying here so once Hiro disappeared inside, I rushly went out the car and neared Jimin's. I opened the door amd was surprised to see two familiar swords stained with blood.

Am I thinking straight or is my mind creating conclusions now?

If I am right, then I need to be safe for now. Edward must be still lurking and I don't know if what's inside is an enemy.

I stepped on the gas and drive myself home.

I hope I am not right this time.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36 0 6
Hello There Beautiful Reader, Thanks for dropping by! :) This is purely based on the writer's (oh, that's me!) imagination. PLEASE DON'T COPY, PASTE...
284K 9.5K 49
You sat with a bounce on the bed, a habit you'd had since you were a child. He walked over, and sat next to you. "How long do you plan to stay in Se...
160K 5K 38
his suppose to kidnapped me little did he know I already kidnapped his heart. They captured my limp body, forcefully tied me up, put a tape over my...
13.5K 941 57
"This is Jeon Jungkook, CEO of Seoul Higher View. You must pour all your skill, energy and talent into protecting him from all these attacks." My he...