Room 303

By fifs825

She fell asleep in her room and woke up in room 303... Rachel, a loving wife and mother ends up trapped in an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Final Chapter

Chapter 3

398 21 4
By fifs825

                                    Rachel

   Rachel woke up to a couple of people chatting outside her room. She felt dizzy and weak. This was probably because she hadn't eaten anything since she woke up two days ago. She felt as if someone was trying to strangle her and suck out all the air from within her. I need to breathe. I need to relax. I can do this for my daughter. The sun was shining once more through the barred window. I need to get out of here. She stood up and moved closer to the door.

  "Hello? Is somebody there?"
  "What is it?"
  The voice of the man seemed familiar. He must be the one who came in with Stella two days ago and pinned her down.
  "May I use the bathroom please?"
  He eyed her suspiciously through the glass door. He could take her down easily. He was much stronger than she was, and of course much more built. She knew she wouldn't stand a chance against him.
  "You better make it quick."
   She stepped back as he unlocked the door. He entered the room and directed her out of it. There were many rooms that seemed similar to hers from the outside on both sides of the corridor. At least about ten rooms on each side. There were flickering florescent lights lining the ceiling of the corridor from end to end.
   "From here," he said as he pointed to the left side.

She followed him as he walked down the corridor. She could hear the cries and screams of other patients. One patient was crying then laughing hysterically. The other was pleading for somebody to help him. Another was urging for someone to find her baby girl. The last one on the right was the creepiest. As she passed by him, he pressed his face on the small glass part of the door. Their eyes locked together. He laughed hysterically as he exposed his decayed teeth to her. She froze in her ground gazing at him.

  "You are going to die. We all are going to die."
  He cried, laughed, hissed, and spat in her direction.
  "Enough Simon!" Said the man as he used a baton to hit the door making Simon retreat.
  "Now get back to sleep," he ordered.
  She was stuck in a mental institute with mental people.
  "There you are. Make it quick," said the man.
  "How about you unstrap me first? How can I use my hands if I am strapped?"
   He hesitated for a while then carefully came closer, unstrapped her from the straitjacket, and warned her not to do anything stupid.
She felt free. Her shoulders hurt and her elbows felt stiff from being stuck in a single position for three days. She twisted her hands glad that she could finally see them. She rubbed them together and wiggled her fingers to exercise them.
  "Make it quick. We don't have all day."

   She nodded as she entered the bathroom. It was a small bathroom with just a toilet seat and a sink. There was a soap bar and some tissue hanging down from the end of the sink. The bathroom was disgusting. She was about to puke. She stood there trying to look for a way out.

There was a small barred window similar to the one in her room located at the high end of the wall. She managed to balance herself on both ends of the toilet seat. She stood up to reach for the window. The bars were strong and couldn't be broken easily. She looked out of the window and the sun shone straight into her eyes. There was a long bed of grass covering all the ground. There were benches scattered all over the place for patients to sit on. Patients were roaming around talking to themselves. The institute was surrounded by a large wall topped by electric wires from end to end making it impossible for anyone to cross over without being electrocuted. This was made to keep the patients from escaping. She stared for a minute longer trying to find a way out. Any way out, but it was a dead end.

  "What is taking you so long?" Asked the man from behind the door.
  "Sorry, I'll be right out," she said.

   She slowly moved back down, and used the toilet quickly to empty her bladder. She washed her hands and face wanting to refresh. There was no mirror in the toilet, so she wasn't able to see how bad she looked. She straightened her hair with her fingers attempting to brush it. She opened the door and stepped outside.

  "Do we need to do this?" She asked looking at the straitjacket. "You do know I am not crazy right?"
  "These are orders, so please turn around and don't make it harder on yourself," he said as he indicated to his baton.

   Rachel did as she was told not wanting to spend unnecessary energy on a fight she knew she was going to lose. He strapped her into the straitjacket and took her back to her room.
  "May I ask what is your name sir?" She tried to be polite.
  "Why?"
  "Just asking. I know the lady that came with you the other day is called Stella. I still didn't catch your name or the big lady's name."
  "Big lady?"
  "Yes, the woman in black with a baton similar to yours."
  "Ah, you mean Maria."
  "She must be the one."
  "Alright enough with the talking. You should rest for later." She ignored his statement trying not to imagine what was about to happen to her the longer she stayed there.
  "Don't the patients get a chance to go outside and have some fresh air?" She asked.
  "They do, but not everyday."
  "Every how long?" She asked calmly wanting to weigh her chances.
  "Every other day."
  "Why haven't I gotten that chance yet?"
  "Because you haven't been through the basic routine. Once they are done with you, you will be allowed to do so."
  "I see. Thank you." She faked a smile which was easily read by the man.
  "It is Patrick. My name is Patrick."

  He then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. She sighed as she lied down on the mattress. I can do this. I need to do this for my girl. For Kevin. For my family. They must be worried sick about me. I have to make it back home.

  Few hours later, Stella showed up at Rachel's door. She peeked at her through the glass and found her sitting in the corner staring right at her. She opened the door and stepped into the room keeping her distance away from Rachel.

  "Your food," she said as she placed the tray on the ground.
  "Thank you."
  "You are not like the others. Why are you here?" Stella asked.
  "I have no idea. I can't remember anything. I can't remember how I ended up here, or what had happened before that. It was as if everything was erased from my memory."
  She smiled faintly. "Everything is going to be okay. Things always go right in this place."
  The smile now disappearing and replaced by a fretful look.
  "Please, you need to help me get in contact with my family. They should at least know that I am okay," pleaded Rachel.
  "I am sorry; I can't do that. This is beyond my power. You better eat up if you want to stay alive." She then stepped out of the room before Rachel even had the chance to say any word.

  Rachel approached the tray and found some milk mixed with cornflakes. How was she supposed to eat without using her hands? Maybe they expected her to bow down and eat like an animal. The thought was disturbing, but she was thirsty and she needed to stay alive. She was determined to get out of there. She knelt down on her knees and moved her mouth closer to the plate. Her lips making contact with the surface of the milk. She drank the milk slowly trying not to upset her stomach which had been empty for days. She managed to swallow some cornflakes with it. She stopped eating when she had given her stomach enough to keep her going. She lied down on the mattress and closed her eyes. Tears fell down her cheeks.

  The aroma of breakfast was filling the whole house. Rachel could see him wearing his apron and dancing his way around the kitchen while preparing breakfast. I love the sight of him. He was her first and was counting on him being her last. She loved Kevin. He was her everything. He was a handsome man with green eyes and brown hair. He was well built and tanned. Any girl would go crazy for him. She loved the idea that he was hers. They were a couple that really got along and everybody envied. She stood at the corner of the door resting her left shoulder on the edge and crossing her arms. Her brown hair was caressing her shoulders and his scent was stuck on the blue shirt she was wearing. She loved wearing his shirts, particularly this one. She smiled as she watched the love of her life sway around the kitchen.

  "What are you gawking at?" Asked Kevin amusingly.
  "At the beautiful view in my kitchen," replied Rachel.
  "Is that so?" he asked playfully leaving whatever he had in his hands and moving towards her. She stretched her arms around his neck and fidgeted with his hair.
  "Good morning sunshine," he said as he planted a kiss on her lips.
  "Good morning honey"
  "Is Kelly still sleeping?" He asked.
  "Mummy, Daddy, Good morning!" Called out a cheerful Kelly as she made her way into the kitchen.
  "Speak of the devil," joked Kevin. They both smiled as they pulled away from each other and kissed Kelly.
  "Good morning my darling" Rachel said.
  "Is breakfast ready?"
  "In a minute," said Kevin as he winked at Rachel and went back to preparing breakfast.
  She loved her family. They were all that mattered to her.
  "Mummy aren't you going to sit with us?" Asked Kelly.
  "Of course my dear. I'll take the first bite as well." Rachel quickly grabbed the first cheese toast and took a bite out of it.
  "Hmmm this is good."
  "It is not fair mummy, you cheated!" Exclaimed Kelly amusingly. They all laughed and had a peaceful breakfast.

Rachel opened her eyes and found out that the sun had disappeared. It was dark again in the room. She smiled faintly at the memory of her family. This was the first time she actually smiled from the heart since she woke up three days ago. She heard footsteps in the corridor. She stood up and ran towards the door. Two men and Maria stood in front of the room opposite hers. They opened the door and she ushered them to take the patient. Rachel looked closely and found the patient half dead. Unable to move by herself. Her clothes were stained; her hair was messed up. Her face was sunk in as if she was anorexic. She was pale and unable to move. Dark spots on both sides of her head. They placed their hands under her arm pits and pulled her up. Her legs were dangling on the way out. Her head bent forwards with no energy to move it up. She was unstrapped because it was obvious that she couldn't hurt a fly.

  Rachel moved her head closer to the glass trying to get a better look of the patient. The patient raised her head and looked straight into Rachel's eyes. Her eyes were red and dark circles have surrounded them. She dropped her head down unable to hold it up much longer. She had no energy at all. Maria stared ruthlessly at the patient with no mercy in her eyes.

  "Take her." She told the men. They moved down the right side of the corridor. Maria followed them tapping the baton on her hand and humming her way down the corridor.

Chapter 4 and 5 coming this Friday. Please leave a comment and a vote if you like the story. Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575K 16.8K 27
Forensic Psychologist, Gabrielle Giovanni has had her fair share of misfortune. Brought up in a wealthy family. Fell hopelessly in love with one of t...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
24 0 21
After discovering the deaths at the Hart Hotel, Nathaniel faces his demons once again. Going back to where it all began to put an end to the reign of...
407 24 16
This is the story of a young woman that goes through unimaginable trials and tribulations. She has endured things in her life that will sink the st...