Mute|| pjm

By zamidami

-Completed- Nam HaeSoo is a young teenage girl who turned mute after witnessing the murder of her parents. Sh... More

Trailer
Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
J-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
✔️Tagged✔️
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
✔️✔️Tagged✔️✔️
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Final)

Chapter 17

5.1K 234 145
By zamidami

Imposter

"I'm sorry this happened." The detective and HaeSoo were standing in front of the coffee shop after the small incident. "It seems like the person managed to hack through my phone to find out where you were. In any case, it's quite obvious that this person is after you, so please be careful."

HaeSoo tried to write in her journal while standing up finding it hard with no platform to place her journal on. She struggled for a while before finally finishing and showing her journal to the detective.

Journal:

Could that man perhaps have something
to do with my parents?

-To Detective Kim

The detective carefully read the journal and then looked up to HaeSoo to simply show her a faded smile. "Let's not worry about that now. How about we go back in and just grab a cup of coffee?" HaeSoo hesitantly nodded before following the detective back into the store.

°°°

Time had passed and HaeSoo spent most of it with the detective. Getting to know the detective made HaeSoo understood what a visual person he is. He was a very funny person and he was quite caring for a man who easily turned impatient.

"Ah! SungWoo. It's good to see you again!" The maid who was here earlier kindly greeted the detective. "Would you like me to get something for you and..." The maid paused not knowing what to say for HaeSoo. "For you and your... daughter?" She hesitantly spoke.

The detective laughed and shook his head. "Does she seem like my daughter?" Detective Kim jokingly asked. HaeSoo looked down out of embarrassment having past memories all over again, this time about her father.

"Well, you both seem to get along really well. You seem like family." The maid spoke her kind words while HaeSoo felt her heart warm up. SungWoo did seem to have a fatherly figure, but that impatience of his would probably ruin it. "Well, I'm sorry to say that we aren't related. She's a client of mine."

The maid immediately bowed many times trying to say sorry for her mistake. "I apologize! I didn't know, I was just judging by what I saw." The maid kept on bowing while the detective tried to stop her. "I'm really sorry! Let me just get your usual. What would your client like?" The maid turned toward HaeSoo.

"Uh, she'll have a caramel macchiato." The Detective decided for her as the maid bowed and walked away. "Should we leave after this?" asked the detective as HaeSoo grabbed her journal and began to write.

Journal:

I texted a friend, so I might stay for a while.

-To Detective Kim

"I'm afraid you can't be left alone from now on. After what happened with that man who faked his identity, it's pretty obvious he might come back." HaeSoo nodded as she once again grabbed her journal ready to write. The moment her pen was found touching the blank page, a loud voice that had just entered the store made her flinch.

"HaeSoo!" The familiar voice calling her name made her turn around just to see Jimin standing there with worrisome filling his eyes. His gaze locked into HaeSoo's as they both stared at each other, one with distress while the other with confusion.

Jimin walked his way towards where HaeSoo was sitting. His eyes ignored the detective and were stuck on HaeSoo. "Are you okay?" He asked. HaeSoo nodded to his question and grabbed her journal doing her usual routine when she wants to answer someone.

Journal:

Why did you come so quickly?

-To Jimin

"Well, how could I not? You texted me and said you were meeting the detective here but then some imposter came instead to get close to you. I mean, something could've happened to you!" Jimin was throwing his arms all over the place as he quickly tried to explain the whole thing.

He then stopped realizing he was getting stares from customers in the shop. His eyes then turned towards the detective, which he had ignored when he entered the shop, and crossed his arms. "Is it him?" Asked Jimin as he glared at the detective.

HaeSoo nodded and Jimin immediately slammed his hands onto the table. "You've been caught imposter. We know you're faking it! We know you're not the detective!" Jimin yelled at detective Kim, which he believed was an imposter, while HaeSoo facepalmed herself.

She had understood that Jimin didn't know that the imposter had run away and that she was actually with the real detective. "Did you touch her?" Jimin's glare grew intense as the detective felt annoyed. "Excuse me?" He asked. "I said did you touch her?" Jimin repeated his question ready to make a move.

HaeSoo immediately noticed Jimin was ready to throw a punch and quickly stood up. She placed herself in front of Jimin and looked at him straight in the eye. Jimin's glare that was once piercing through the detective was now turned to a soft look as soon as he saw HaeSoo in his sight. "HaeSoo..." he called her name.

HaeSoo slowly shook her head to him trying to show him everything was fine. She stretched her arm out to grab her pen and journal as she wrote right in front of Jimin. She then held to journal up to her face right where Jimin could see.

Journal:

He's the real detective

-To Jimin

"What?" Jimin's eyes widened as he looked at HaeSoo with an expression of shock mixed with confusion. "He's not the imposter?" HaeSoo made a face to show him he had mistaken the detective and moved away to let Jimin apologize.

Jimin quickly bowed as soon as the detective was in his sight. "I'm sorry, I had mistaken you for the imposter. Please do forgive me." He remained in the bowing position waiting for the detective to speak.

"Please stand up." Asked Detective Kim as Jimin obeyed. "Is this the friend you were waiting for?" The detective directed his question towards HaeSoo. The young girl, embarrassed that she hadn't told Jimin the whole story about the imposter, nodded to the detective's question.

"I'm going to be honest, I was expecting someone trustworthy." The detective spoke as he stood up. "HaeSoo, please stay away from this young man."

"What!?" Jimin yelled gaining the attention of a few customers. "You can't tell her to stay away from me!" The detective crossed his arms as he slowly approached Jimin. "I'm the one she texted and I'm the one she trusted enough to tell me her situation. I AM trustworthy."

Detective Kim let out a light chuckled. "But anyone close to HaeSoo is considered a suspect. Not to mention you almost tried to beat me up." HaeSoo stood on the side as he stared at the intense fight happening between the detective and Jimin.

"First off, I met HaeSoo AFTER she turned mute, not before. Second, I only tried to beat you because HaeSoo texted me telling me that an imposter had pretended to be you so I came running in to..-" Jimin stopped talking realizing that HaeSoo could hear every word he was saying.

"To what? You hesitating is a huge hint on why not to trust you." The detective had hit Jimin's nerves as he continued his sentence with a loud voice. "I came running in to protect her!"

HaeSoo's eyes had slightly widened as she stared at Jimin who was glaring at the detective in annoyance. She felt her cheeks suddenly heat up as she placed her hands on them to try and cool herself down. Her heartbeat had suddenly increased, but she somehow felt no reason for that to happen.

"Are you saying you are no suspect?" Detective Kim stared at Jimin who seemed confident that he was not the horrible person the Detective thought he was. "I'm a hundred percent sure I'm a trustworthy person that will remain by HaeSoo's side."

The detective turned to HaeSoo to see her with a pink face. "Do you trust him?" He asked. Her facial expression made a quite unsure face as her hand reached up to rub the back of her neck. She then grabbed her journal writing in it before holding it up for both the detective and Jimin to see.

Journal:

Kind of? I mean, he is a playboy...

-To Detective Kim

Jimin, as well as the Detective, read what HaeSoo wrote. Jimin quickly lifted his heads up to his chest trying to explain that he wasn't a bad person. "Okay, I can explain."

"No need to explain. Please stay away from this young innocent girl. She doesn't need any trouble, certainly not from a flirt like you. I will take my leave now." The detective respectfully bowed to Jimin and began to walk towards the door, but Jimin wasn't going to let him off the hook so quickly. "No, wait!" Jimin ran after the detective and they found themselves both outside.

HaeSoo was still standing at the table staring at both Jimin and Detective Kim fighting through the glassed wall. She let out a light sigh and shook her head closing her journal. She then turned around to see the maid coming her way. She was holding both the drinks in her hand but seemed confused once she realized that Detective Kim was gone. "Where did he go?"

HaeSoo pointed outside where both Jimin and Detective Kim were fighting. The maid slowly placed the drinks on the table and facepalmed herself. "Why is he always like this?" HaeSoo tilted her head confusingly and stared at the maid asking herself what she meant. "He's always in such a bad mood and never trusts anyone. He never even talked to me! Yet, now he is the kindest person in the world, but once some stranger walks in, he just turns impatient and cold."

HaeSoo blinked her eyes a few times and looked at the detective before looking back at the maid. She repeated her action a few times before keeping her gaze on the maid. She then pointed her right finger at the maid and then her left finger at the detective before locking them together trying to ask the maid a question. The maid seemed confused for a few seconds before finally realizing what it meant letting a light blush take over her cheeks. "Oh, no! We aren't together, I just know him because he's a regular customer."

HaeSoo smiled and nodded. The maid's face seemed to have cooled down at the sudden question as she and HaeSoo stared at the two men probably yelling at each other. The maid then averted her gaze away from the glassed window towards HaeSoo who seemed to enjoy what was happening outside. "What about you? Are you and that young man a thing?" HaeSoo turned to the maid and quickly shook her head. She grabbed her journal and quickly wrote in it.

Journal:

He's a playboy

-To Maid

The maid read what was written and began to laugh. "Well, if he came running in to protect you, then he is obviously not here to play with your heart." She began to clean up the table and handed both drinks to HaeSoo. "By the way, my name is Lee So-ra, in case you were wondering."

The two girls both bowed to each other as a new bond began to unfold.

A/N:
I'm tireeeeeeeeeddd

But honestly, I'm always tired so this is nothing new.

So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you did, then please leave a vote to show your appreciation!

Thanks for reading!

See yaaaaaa!

💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 9K 26
You wake up in a bedroom that's not yours.... and you hear the voice of a familiar man coming from outside the room
143K 11.8K 66
"You have such lupine features" "I am a werewolf, I am supposed to have lupine features" Taehyung cocks an eyebrow at Maya, his wolfish grin making a...
8.9K 481 27
▷ The Dream Series ▷*Contains Self-harm* ▷ P L A Y L I S T https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0MIbMNVCeF3kYFAhu28bJV?si=c8be28c28d7d49e0 "I wish I co...
108K 5.7K 61
"Drop that pacifier this instant young man!" "But it's mine!" "What in the diaper shit is going on?!" __ In which a jobless girl finds a baby in a du...