I've been reincarnated into a...

By knightleyRead

19 year old college student, Riley Delton, ridiculously meets her end when she slips on a banana peel. She... More

Chapter 1: bananas
Chapter 2: Lucian Briar and the Healing magic
Chapter 3: In Willow's town
Chapter 4: The first day of work
Chapter 5: Understanding my powers
Chapter 7: Proposition from the prince
Chapter 8: the Great Gismead - capital of Girannon
Chapter 9: The Marcellus family
Chapter 10: Loving Gismead
Chapter 11: Trouble before the Tournament
Chapter 12: The Mage tournament.
Chapter 13: The Tournament Continues: The tale of two nobles
Chapter 14: My performamce
Chapter 15: The last Match
Chapter 16: The Royal ball
Chapter 17: My new home
Chapter 18: Cooking and crafting
Chapter 19: Two Frosty Encounters
Chapter 20: The alchemist and the healing potion
Chapter 21: Skill activated: Musician
Chapter 22: The board of the Mage Society
Chapter 23: A Painting by Dimitri
Chapter 24: Cafe
Chapter 25: earning a living
Chapter 26: Final Preparations for the Von Esterheim Soirée
Chapter 27: First day of the soiree
Chapter 28: A Resolution
Chapter 29: Story Telling
Chapter 30: The last day at the hunting party
Chapter 31: Livinia's been shot
Chapter 32: Back home
Chapter 33: A letter, a safe house and more...
Chapter 34: Rudyard Reports to the Royal Family
Chapter 35: The universe is on my side
Chapter 36: Tyrion's Birthday Party
Chapter 37: Henriette Coldswell
Chapter 38: The Mage Exam
Chapter 39: Mage exam continues
Chapter 40: A National Treasure
Chapter 41: Trouble stirring in the forest
Chapter 42: Resuscitation
Chapter 43: Second Rank
Chapter 44: The Plan for Sneaking out
Chapter 45: Sneaking out
Chapter 46: Running into Red
Chapter 47: Red confrontation
Chapter 48: Renovations and other demonic things
Chapter 49: The aftermath and Patagonia's secret
Chapter 50: Lucian's father and The artifacts shop
Chapter 51: The High Lord's regrets and some shopping
Chapter 52: the new six sacred weapons
Chapter 53: The Library at the Mage Society
Chapter 54: The Chosen Child
Chapter 55: Revelations of King Magnus
Chapter 56: The cloaked man
Chapter 57: Explanations are so hard
Chapter 58: The Story of Prince Alphonse
Chapter 59: The banana is out of the bag
Chapter 60: The latest fashion from Kreamore
Fanart by @Carasketch
Chapter 61: Admitting ones mistakes
Chapter 62: The heroes arrive!
Chapter 63: Bribery
Chapter 64: New Additions
Chapter 65: Mellie's regret
Chapter 66: Claud

Chapter 6: The Knights Order

16K 755 148
By knightleyRead

This special battalion of the Knights Order consisted of five highly specialised knights: Firstly Kristopher Theodore Bastian Ambrose (the second prince of Girannon), Braxton Smithson (the second prince's guard and a noble), Alucard Von Esterheim (a skilled Magician and a distinguished noble), Cornelius Marcellus (the newest member of the party, and a talented young noble), and finally Tiberius Theon Tarquin (a great and renowned hero known for his brute strength).

The five men had just finished killing off a pack of demonic wolves that were terrorising a small farming village. The defeat had been easy for them, they were very distinguished member of society for their power and strength, even among the Knights Order they were famous. The newest member of the team, Cornelius had just graduated from the training camp in the capital, he had been the top of his class and was immediately placed into the knights Order. He was a kind and gentlemanly young man, and he had many skills that made him ideally suited for combat, one of which was his killer instinct.

Said instinct was screaming at him to be careful, even though they had just destroyed the demonic wolves he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up and goose bumps cover his exposed flesh, something was wrong, something was watching them...

He saw Prince Kristopher a few meters ahead of him, the leader of the group and decided to go and tell him his suspicions, when movement to hi far right caught his attention, through a rustling bush he saw a giant demonized wolf leap out of the bushes and head straight for the prince.

He had no time to tell the others, he just had to act, he had to save the prince. Purely out of instinct he jumped the distance to the princes and was in between the prince and the wolf.

Unbelievable pain tore through his body as he felt sword-like claws rip through his chest and stomache. He fell to the ground unable to move or stand. The prince rushed to his side and tried to apply pressure to  his wounds. The prince realised that his fellow knight had saved his life by throwing himself in front of the wolf. It was the selfless act of an honourable man.

Cornelius heard the other members of the squad shout, and watched paralysed from pain and his loss of strength as Alucard and Tiberius decapitated the wolf – its head rolled across the forest floor.

"Alucard quickly come heal him!" Shouted the prince as he saw his soldier's eyes grow dull and heavy. Kristopher simply refused to let him die.

Alucard rushed from over the wolf's dead body and saw the extent of the boy's injuries. It was a miracle that the boy was still alive. The wolf had slashed him open, leaving some of his organs and bones exposed. Cornelius twitch on the ground as blood started to cough up blood.

He didn't want to die, he had just been promoted, he was on the path to making a name for himself, He had just met the royal prince... How could he die now when his future looked so bright?

Cornelius wasn't ignorant to the situation he was in, he knew his wounds couldn't be healed by anyone, nobody was that powerful, even if he was healed he would have to be a cripple for the rest of his life, and he didn't want that. He was going to die here in some forest so far away from home.

"Don't give up hope Cornelius, there is a town nearby here, there is a chance that somebody might be able to heal you. Do not give up Cornelius."

Cornelius smiled at the man he had sacrificed his life for, and then everything came back into perspective. The prince had not been the spoilt corrupt noble he thought that he would be, instead he was honourable, kind and strong. A true inspiration. Cornelius smiled knowing that he had sacrificed his life for such a righteous warrior and felt at peace.

Come pick him up, we will take him Willow's town. If that town can produce a triple user there might just be a mage who can use healing magic. The other knights in the group highly doubted that but also didn't want to lose their newest member and thus complied with the prince's wishes.

The knights had hauled Cornelius on top of Alucard horse with him so that Alucard could continue chanting the spell that stopped blood from spilling (one of the very few healing spells he knew).

When they arrived at the village, the commandeered the foyer of a tiny Inn and placed the friend on top of a table. The town's people immediately recognised the famous crests on their armour and did everything they said in an effort to please the nobles from the famous 'Knights Order'.

"Is anyone in this town a healer?" They called out among the people. A little boy stepped out immediately and said, "Yes we do, we have the greatest healer in the world, a distinguished dark-haired witch who has saved countless lives!"

"Insolent peasant boy!" Shouted back Alucard, infuriated. If there was a such a healer in the kingdom, they would not be in this puny little town, they would be well established in the capitol. "Do you are mock the Knight's order? I know well that there is no such healer here." He glowered out at the boy.

Despite his sneering look, the boy stood his ground, "I have not lied to you, there is such a healer here! There is! Yesterday when I cut my side open, she healed me in a few minutes!"

"Impossible!" spat out Alucard, truly disgusted by the lies of these peasant simply trying to impress them. He was about to shout out insults at them when Kristopher (the prince) stopped him.

"Go and fetch this dark-haired healer, boy. We shall see if you are telling the truth then." Commanded the prince.

"Bring her into the foyer when you come back." With that the prince turned back and retreated into the foyer of the St Margret's Inn of Willow's town. The prince knew that thought that the boy was exaggerating, but even if the healer that he spoke about was not so amazing, he at least needed someone to keep Cornelius alive for the trip to the capital, so that when they arrived The Royal Mages could treat him.

A few moments later the prince saw the Order's newest recruit come through the door: it was the miracle commoner who was a triple user, the young man they had come all this way to fetch. He had been the shinning star among all the recruits being a triple user and having intelligence and strength. Even the prince himself noted him, especially when he heard the himself and the commoner where the same age.

The prince stiffened up when he saw her, her hair was truly a magnificent dark colour, her eyes were equally as dark. She was enchantingly beautiful: petite and sweet-looking yet alluring and mysterious.

"Are you the healer?" Kristopher asked.

"Yes, my lord." Riley replied timidly and curtseyed to him, suddenly feeling very intimidated by the room full of sliver-armour clad men. Each of them were so breathtakingly beautiful to her that she almost immediately felt dizzy. Especial the one that had addressed her. He had long golden blonde hair, with a pair of amber golden eyes to match.

Then Riley's eyes fell on the man lying on the table, there was another man standing over him enchanting some sort of healing spell, but she could tell I was having little to no affect in actually healing his wounds, all it was doing was stopping the bleeding.

Riley rushed over to his side and ignored the dirty look the man, who was busy enchanting the spell, gave her.

Now she knew he healing-process like the back of her mind, but she could tell just by looking at him, this would be a tough one. First, she needed to comprehend all of his injured, it was like she needed to scan him (like an X-ray). She thought the word in her mind scan, scan, scan! Suddenly her eyes acted like the X-rays that she was imagining, she could immediately tell that the man had two broken ribs, his intestines and stomach had been sliced open, a part of his hip bone had been shattered, as well as a poisonous liquid swirling around in his body only further damaging his change of survival.

Riley hadn't been studying medicine in college so she was really just guessing her way around this stuff. She just decided that dealing with the poison first would be a good idea.

She visualised the poison being extracted from his body, particle by particle the dark purple liquid being separated from his blood.

The Knight's and Lucian watched with awe as the purple liquid seeped out of Cornelius' body and collected in a small pool, levitating just over him. Alucard fetched a bowl from somewhere and placed in under the dark liquid, collecting it in the bowl.

Alucard immediately realised hat the liquid was the poison from the claws of the demonic wolf. Alucard was stunned by what the girl had just done, she had somehow extracted such a poison from Cornelius' body in such a short amount of time. So, this is the power of the dark-haired healer, he thought.

Riley decided that the internal bleeding and his damaged organs were the most important. Once again, she visualised the broken tissue meshing together, and she visualised the blood flowing healthily through his body. With that she had caused his bleeding to stop, and she could already see that he was breathing easier. 

She then healed his bones making sure to scan his body afterwards to make sure that she had not left any loose bone fragments in his body. Then finally she concentrated her power into healing his skin, flesh and muscles. Since she knew he was a knight, he knew that he needed his body to be in top condition in order to fight in the Order. She made sure to heal his muscles perfectly. She also didn't want him to have any ugly scars, so she healed his skin perfectly as well, so that there were no scars or blemishes.

When she was finished, she let out a deep breath and just let all the tension in her body go. The man who she had just healed sat up, his hands immediately fell to his chest and abdomen where his scars had been, tentatively touching his skin, completely bewildered that he had been healed.

Cornelius looked down at his healer. She was like an angel, sent form the heavens to him. She had done the impossible – she had healed him when he was practically dead. She was a saint, a god even. Forgetting all his form, Cornelius lurched forward and embraced the woman, catching her by surprise.

Riley was initially shocked by the contact but was then pleased by his warmth and appreciation. She laughed a toothy smile as she hugged him back.

"Thank you!" he said earnestly.

"It's a pleasure." She replied back happily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.8K 19
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
283K 8.2K 41
I am insufficient. Well, that's not my name obviously, but that's what my family has decided I am. I'm Julie. I'm 14, about to be 15 years old. I ha...
200K 7.9K 48
(Male Yandere DemonsxFemale Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ______...
14.6K 584 28
johnson Kim, Real name; Kim Lee A 20 years old expressionless guy and a music artist reincarnated into a fantasy game-like world after dying fr...