DILEMMA

By Grace-bweupe

......Some secrets are better left untouched...... Grace simple small town girl who wanted to never have peer... More

Extended summery plus introduction/ chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chaper 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

chapter 2

98 28 0
By Grace-bweupe

Chapter one is already out and it's fantastic you should check it out before checking out this chapter two.
Check my Instagram @gray

Based on the 1970s story!!❤❤

Guys I've not been in the 70s so I've tried putting my own knowledge. Also used google too😌

****

I wake up and my eye sight blurry and also I feel groggy. It appears I'm laying in a bed. This is a hospital bed and I'm laying in it. But who brought me here? Because the last time I remember i was somewhere near the woods on a tar road.

I could hear my moms voice. "Grace are you awake?" She asks me.
I can see clearly now and I see My mom synthia sitting beside me and she's got tears filled in her eyes, and she is saying "ooh grace you are surely lucky my daughter."
I wonder how I landed myself here? I ask fazed, "how did I end up in the hospital mom?"

She stares in my eyes and she's got tears in her eyes.
She grasps my face then says, "a boy from your school saved you. He's the one brought you here my love."

I stare at my mom confused because I have know friends at school so who would save me. It's very weird that someone saved when their was nobody at that spot the last time I checked. I ask solemnly, "who saved me?" she stares straight at me then says "his name is J....Jake miller. If I remember carefully he said Jake Miller." She seems also to be confused by his name.
Instantaneously, after hearing Jake Miller's name I widely open my eyes completely shocked at what I've heard. How? When? Why?

I never thought Jake miller would have the time to save a lame girl like me. Whose not popular and cool. What lead to him saving me? Also what was Jakes miller doing in the woods? I thought he was those types who do not like wondering alone. I laying on the hospital bed thinking to myself.
I am though sardonically amazed that Jake Miller saved me from maybe death.
"H...How d...did he save me? And also why?" I startling and nervously ask my mom. She slightly smiles softly and says, "relax honey he will come in and tell you, he is in the waiting room."

I'm nervous and exhilarated all at once. But his outside this door waiting to talk to me. Before I could even utter another word.

Inspector ethan walks in, he walks towards me while asking "you're awake, grace are you okay?"

I smile softly and reply "I'm okay luckily."

He nodes his head and looks at my mom and says "synthia I wanna speak to you outside."

My mom gets up then walks out with Inspector ethan and leaves me alone. I'm utterly amorous because Jake miller might walk in and obviously talk to me. Upon thinking of that Jake miller walks in.
I stare at him solemnly, hoping I looked serious.

I was a little bit embarrassed maybe because he found me in the woods.

He walks towards the bed I was laying on then gazed at me and his eyes had the same sparkle the last time I looked at the them. His eyes never lose that sparkly look they carried with them.
His eyes are plan blue eyes. But the kind of plan blue that allure you in and make you wanna look at them forever.

He asks,"are you okay?" Snapping me out of my thoughts. I stare at him from head to toe and his looking the usual pretty boy in the 70s, wearing a blue T-shirt and white short pant.

I just gaze at him. His actually talking to me. His never talked to me before except that time when we coincidentally met in the genitors room. I wanna ask him why he was in there and who he was hiding from? But I'm to shy because of the way I performed at the end.

I'm still confused what he was doing in the woods alone. That's another question dwelling in my mind.
I nod my head at his question about my health reassuring him that I'm fine.
"Where did you find me?" I ask after all the silence that ran in the room. I had to speak after all he did save me.

He says hesitant, "i found you in the woods unconscious." He then quickly runs his palms through his curly blonde hair.

Yes I do remember fainting in the woods.

He then sat beside me on the bed and his face had a worried look and he cleared his throat and continued speaking, "when I saw you, y....you where l...l...levitating." the word levitating struggled to come out.

The last word I'd expect hearing is levitating. How is that possible?

I begin to tremble after his statement.

I don't even believe him but he looks genuine with his words. Jake miller would never lie to me, why?

I look at him and all I said was "really."
He stares at me quietly and I say, "how am I able to levitate? What's going on?" I'm literally fazed and he notices.

He must be fanciful because that's literally impossible. Levitating, levitation all in general is impossible for a normal human being. Though I might believe him because that same day, I was able to control a persons mind, body and actions.

He nods his head and continues speaking, "I found you there and then brought you to the hospital because you were unconscious and your body was burning up."
I'm all falter as I hear Jake Miller speak and fazed because his speaking a bunch of gibberish. I'm not believing him at all.

I avoid his eyes and stare at my palms as I tremble with nervousness. He says calmly, "don't be embarrassed about everything."

I say forthwith, "no I'm not Jake Miller, it's....it's that I feel different from everyone else."

Jake miller is the last person I would want for him to find out I've got unexplainable powers. I'm sure he'll tell everyone at school and I'll be the laughing stock at school, worser the government will get me and lock me up in a laboratory for experiments.

Well away from that, I wanna no why Jake Miller was in the woods. I now gather the courage to ask to ask Jake miller why he was in the woods. "Why...why were you in the woods?"

He stares at me and says, "that doesn't matter, what matters is that you're safe." His trying to be evasive with me and I won't give up. I ask frustratedly, "just answer my question already."

He replies as he brushes his knuckles over his chin, "Listen I was running away from people and the only place left to hide was the woods and so it happens I run into your levitating body."

He says a little louder and I hesitate and say, "don't say loudly please." He nods his head meticulously.

All of a sudden someone opens the door.
It was a tall blonde hair girl. She has a nose piercing and looks very furious. She's beautiful and slim, she's wearing a blue jean and a purple shirt not to long showing off her belly and her belly piercing.

"Jake come with me!" She says while staring at jake so mad and angrily. She doesn't even look at me and all her attention is at Jake Miller.
He stands up upon her entering the room.
He looks frightened when she came in.
I look at her then ask "can I just talk to him for a few minutes please?"
She nods her head then says, "just a few minutes!"
She walks out and closes the door shut.
"Whose she?" I ask Jake and he replies holding his palms swinging them looking kind of nervous, "she is Lucie my older sister." I node my head assuring him that I get it.

He gets closer to me and sits beside me on the bed.
I look at jake miller and say, "listen up whatever you saw in the woods just forget about it."
After all jake miller didn't even know my name or if i existed until today so it's better he moves on and goes back to his popular cool life. Because this situation is formidable and the only solution is Jake Miller forgetting and erasing everything from his memory.

He stares at me flustered then mutters, "why? how do you expect me to forget about what I saw?"

I release breaths and say as I hold my knuckles with my other palm, "just forget please you don't even know me, we actually barely know each other until today right now and also that coincident meeting in the genitors room, whatever happened is confusing so promise me you won't tell anybody after you leave this hospital and you'll erase it from your memory."

He stares at me for a while he seems to be trying to read my thoughts, his also looking confused analyzing what I just said then says, "i know you very well you're Grace Anderson, you live on the fourth street and you don't like talking to anybody at school. I've known you my entire life. Grace. I'm your neighbor, I've actually tried to talk to you so many times but you've avoided any contact with me. In history class, in math class and also apparently in the genitors room yesterday but as usual you didn't respond back at me. You stay with your mom synthia Anderson. You hate being around people or even taking to anybody especially me. You don't socialize much Grace!"

I stare at me completely shocked at his utter burst of words describing my entire personality and life.

He described my life in a split second.
How can he know me so well. I thought I never existed. Did I think wrong?
He said all of it out in a flurry.

He asks, "why do you isolate yourself from everyone?" And this seemed to be a question he'd wanted to ask me all my life but never got the chance.

I look away from him. I don't wanna tell him why I isolate myself from the world. It's something I've never wanted to tell anyone not even my mom, whose literally my best friend.

He emphasizes and asks fanatically, "grace answer me. Why?" he slowly says the word why.

I say tears forming in my eyes, "because I hate myself. I'm not normal. I wish I was never me. I mean look at me, you just found me in the woods levitating which normal teenager would do that?"

He looks really flustered at my utter burst of words. His left speechless I guess. Because his not saying a single word.

He inhales and exhales a few times then says softly "don't say that, you're special grace. There's no other girl whose like you at Danville high. Listen you don't deserve to hate yourself Grace."

His words really touch my soul. Nobody as I ever told me that. His showing amorous towards me and his definitely alluring me to him.

His just trying to flatter me and it's working terribly. I'm turning so red and hot like a chilly.

He stands up after catching his breath then looks at me and says "we need to clear everything but not here, maybe when you're out of this hospital. My sister is waiting and she doesn't like waiting."

I didn't say a single word. After a few minutes of looking at him I say "we don't have to clear anything. I've told you to forget about everything."

When I make up my mind it's final and nothing can change that. Jake and I have nothing else to talk about. Regardless of us having so much to talk about.

Jake's sister walks in and says "times up."
She grabs jake by the hand then pulls him towards the door and they head out of the hospital room.
Leaving me all alone and nothing to say, I hold my face meticulously as I remember what had happened yesterday.
I actually controlled minds and that's literally insane.

After a few minutes.

Mom walks in with a doctor.

The doctor removes my drip and I sit straight facing my mom.
"She is very strong." The doctor says while handing me my jersey.

Mom looks worried and asks, "what do you mean doctor?" While walking towards me.

"Well her body is so weak and she's stressing it out making everything worse." He says staring at me.
What does it mean my body being weak?
Could it be that all those supernatural powers I've been experiencing are all to much for my small fragile, fortitude and weak body to handle.

But how did I get them? Also why did I get to no about them yesterday when men from the summer school where about to abduct me? I've got plenty of questions to ask and nobody to answer them.

I stare so scared while wearing my jersey. He stares back at me with a turmoil face but tried covering it with a small fake smile.

He walks toward me and clasps my shoulder then says, "she's a fighter, she'll recover in no time. Don't worry miss Anderson."
He looks at my mom and smiles at her. My mom stares totally afraid and says out loud, "what about the fever, her body is burning up badly doctor!"

He says calmly to her, "it will all cool down when you give her the medication I recommend."

She sits beside me and holds my shoulders tightly and asks, "why is she so Ill? What's causing her fever and Her weakness?"

He stares at me and like myself he doesn't have the right answer to her questions.

He smiles at me and then says, "something that I'm unable to find in her." He meticulously answers her as he stares at her.

He continues saying while staring over at me now then smiles, " fine now but don't stress her. Let her eat more foods rich in carbohydrates and protein." 
We node our heads agreeing.

My mom and I head out of the hospital and I'm utterly fazed at everything I've just learnt today.

  I sat in the back of the car on the window side. I sat their thinking about everything jake had told me about how he had found me in the woods, me levitating. I knew I could control objects but I didn't know I could also levitate.
I was confused about everything.

When we arrived home I get out of the car and head straight to the house without speaking a word to mom.

I'm to tired to speak to her and all I need is sleep.

***
Jakes pov

Me and Lucie reach home and Lucie looks angry.
She has the right to be angry.
The drive back home was so exasperated because she is so angry at me.
I mean I ran away from school but for a totally explainable reason.
We enter the living room and Lucie is still angry at me. She places her purse on the couch and walks towards me whose standing at the entrance of the house.

She shouts while staring at me "how dare you run away like that. I thought I had lost you like the way we lost our mom and dad Jake!"

I stare back at her solemnly.

I say as I hold my hair, "i had good reasons for running away. If you sit down with me and listened maybe you'd understand my point of view."

I actually did and Lucie didn't even wanna listen to them. She's always been like that imposing her rules on me and not letting me do my own thing or even understanding me.

Lucie looks at me still angrily and outraged then says, "you ran away from those guys at the summer school why jake? They said they only wanna go ask you some questions at the summer school and you ran away from them."

Lucie doesn't belive me when I tell her that the summer school is not a normal learning institution but a torture hell place.

She believes that place more than her own brother.

I try to explain to her but I'm hesitating, " i ran away because those guys are bad Lucie, you don't understand what we go through there."

I've tried telling her this a thousand times but she doesn't listen to me.

Lucie looks at me and their was silence for a few seconds.

The kind of antagonism silence that was in the room.

"I've tried telling you this but you don't believe me." I finally say something to break the silence.

She holds her waist with her palms analyzing everything.

Lucie shouts loud, "you are just selfish jake! but i was given the responsibility to take care of you by mom before she died and as your older sister i will tell you what you can and can't do!"

I was done explaining because Lucie didn't believe a single word i said.
She stares at me outraged and anger running through her veins.

She shakes her head as she says, "I'm still your older sister regardless and I'm the only one who was given the responsibility to look after you. Don't you get it?!"

I gaze completely fazed as she stares back at me with rage in her violet eyes.

I run upstairs straight to my room and lock my door.

I'm now angry because my own sister doesn't believe me then who will.
"Darn!" I shout so loudly to myself.

I hold a fiest then punch my woredrob that was made of timber.
The woredrob breaks to small pieces.

It's not the first time I've punched strong things and they have broken. Since yesterday morning I've come to the realization that I'm very strong, not just normal strong but like super....super strong.

Maybe that's why the summer school wanted me so badly?

I lay on my bed as I think of Grace Anderson, she's the other person whose like me, she's got unexplainable powers like me.

What's happening to me? I must find out everything forthwith.
***
Graces pov

It's morning and I woke up thinking about everything that happened the day when those men from the summer school and came to abduct.

Will they come again? What did I ever do for them to try and get me? I'm so inquisitive.

I get up and head to the bathroom to refresh my mind and body.

After I'm done bathing I change into my usual clothes, a brown shirt and blue jean shorts because it's extremely hot. Summer is around the corner, perfect back to the summer school.

I sit on my bed and stare around thinking to myself.

I can control minds and move objects with my mind. How is that possible? Is it only me or are we more?
How and why was I able to do that levitating and control of minds?

Did I really control those men with my mind. What's happening to me? I'm so skeptical and I have no one to answer my questions.

I grab my diary in my wardrobe and begin to write. I usually wrote all my secrets in my diary because of being a person with no friends, I would easily get bored being alone most of the time.

Question after question just suddenly pops up in my head and nobody their to answer as I wrote each and everything I experienced.

Suddenly, my mom came in and snapped me out of the process of writing. I quickly place my diary under my covers so as not to let her see it. She's very curious about me life and always intervenes in it.

Well maybe because I'm the only thing she's got.

She walks towards me whose still sitting on my bed and says "you have a visitor."

I don't get visitors so who came to visit me. Much less this early morning.

That jumps me off my feet a bit. Visitors is the last thing I'd imagine in my whole lame life.

I get up from my bed and look at my mom shocked because I had no friends.
My mom also looked shocked.
I ask, "whose it mom?" She replies while clasping my arm and pulling me towards the door, "it's a surprise sweetheart."

I stare at her with a small flabbergasted smile. We head out of the room.
My mom heads to another room upstairs and I head downstairs and as I was heading down the stairs, I see Jake miller sitting on the couch quietly.

He looks at me then smiles.

I walk towards him while asking "what are you doing here? How did you find my place?"

He stands up then faces me. He stares at me then says "we should speak in private. If you don't mind?"

How did jake miller know my location. Wait! Did jake secretly know things about me. Obviously he did, he literally told me about my life in a split second just yesterday.

My mom came down and was smiling weirdly at me and said "grace you can go anywhere with your friend but don't go far. You're not well. So be careful sweetheart."

I was nervous going out with jake miller maybe because he was my crush ever since I was freshmen. I already mentioned that.
*So it is really hard!!!*

I node my head and say, "okay I'll be careful mom." Reassuring her I'll be fine.

We head out and  I'm shaking like crazy.
"Wait where are we going?" I ask while staring at jake whose walking without telling me were his heading.

"Anywhere Grace, literally anywhere right now." He says as he holds his black T-shirt. He stares at me and smiles softly and I stare away literally burning up. Hope I'm not red.

"No I'm serious where are we going?" I ask again solemnly.

"We're going for a walk grace. A simple walk young lady, it won't hurt you. Okay." He says while turning around and facing me. He says the word okay meticulously.

Well Jake miller I'm sorry to say this but I've never be on a walk before with the boy of my dreams. I would have blurted all that out but I did not. I held it in as I stare around the beautiful houses center 1.

The houses here were built incredibly beautiful, each house looked the same, white and a beautiful porch at the front and also at the back door.

The area we lived was not so busy because being a Saturday people had left to the town area for there work. Only a few walked around and a few cars were moving on the tar roads.

He looks around as well and smiles to himself. Maybe enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Danville center 1 area.

He says as he puts his palms in his blue jean pockets, "don't be afraid, I won't hurt you. we'll just walk with the wind, where the wind flows we'll flow. We'll be flurry like birds."

I node my head flustered. Couldn't say a single thing.

"Also I wanna talk about everything we didn't get to finish at the hospital yesterday Grace. I need answers to my so many questions."

I hesitate and reply, "can't you forget about that."
Jake says with a sarcastic voice "no that's something I can't forget. I'm unable to Grace."

"I've been thinking of everything and also had dreams about it. Please I need answers." He says now solemnly as he brushes his hair quickly.

"How did you end up levitating in the middle of the woods?" He asks as he stares at me relentlessly.

I look away not wanting to face Jake Miller.
"Can you please reply." He says trying to look at me.

"It's a long story and I don't wanna tell you so please don't ask me." I say inhaling and exhaling my breath.

His so inquisitive and skeptical, he kept on asking me and I couldn't take it anymore. So I bursted off in a fit of rage, "okay fine you wanna no, I was trying to escape from the men of the summer school. They had kidnapped me and forced me to go with them, I obeyed because they had pointed a gun to my mothers face. Hopeless I obeyed! Now are you satisfied Jake Miller?!"

He listened to me as his eyes sprang open him looking completely fazed by my outburst.

I turn my head to look straight and the road had finished what was left was the woods. We'd walked this far and we both didn't notice.

Before he'd say anything, I say, "look." He stares at the tall different types of tree species that created what we all now call and see a forest.

Jake says "we have to go back. There's even a sign over there that says don't enter the forest." He points over at the post sign that says *DON'T ENTER THE FOREST*

I stood their looking at the forest.
I thought this place looked familiar.
Why would I think these woods would look familiar?

Then I see a little girl dressed in a pink dress running while a man who appears to be her father chasing after her. She's me when I was a little girl, I remember my mom showed me photos of myself when I was only 4 or 5 back in 1964 or 1965.

How could this be possible? Whose that man? Is it my father? Do I actually remember my father?

She or I look so happy giggling and laughing loudly.

Jake stares at me confused and tries to read my mind. His analyzing me trying to understand what I'm thinking of.

The little girl or me turns around and runs towards the forest while her father or even an ordinary man chases her.

I was curious to know where she was going and I follow her unknowingly. I wanna see where she'll run off to. Could all this be my imagination or reality.

"Grace where are you going?!" shouting Jake Miller
starts following behind me. His looking afraid as he shouts, "it's dangerous in the forest Grace. They could be wild animals that's why it's forbidden to go inside."

I follow them until they disappeared. It's as if they vanished into thin air like a witch.

When i couldn't see them i start looking around.
But I had no idea that I was in the middle of the forest.

Still I continue looking around maybe hoping I'd find them somewhere. It's all hopeless because all I see her tall trees.

Jake Miller came from behind me and asks "why did you come here?"
His catching his breaths because he was running after me.

I turn around and looked at jake miller then
I said, "didn't you see them?"

"See who?"Jake annoyingly asked.
"The little girl who is me and her father or even an ordinary man." I said, jake looked confused and shocked, "they were right here and now their gone." I say so as I stare around hoping I'll find them.

Jake miller came closer and clasped my head with both his hands softly while looking at me.
He looks at me as though I have lost my senses and I'm mentally unfit.

He says meticulously, "the only thing that's here is that cabin over there."
He points behind me.

I quickly turn around and before me was a huge old cabin in the middle of the forest.

To be continued.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 296 46
A month ago, all Eric wanted was to pass his high school classes. Now, he and the other superpowered altered from Tyche Point are desperately searchi...
254 11 52
a bunch of teenagers with superpowers are on the run from scientists, their powers are ruining their lives and everything is falling apart, but that'...
The Permutation By Saint

Science Fiction

9.7K 1.3K 47
The people of Lancet Falls, Idaho are changing, and it's all because of an otherworldly light that only a few can see, but the changes are affecting...