Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 13

16.3K 799 47
By PreyDelaCruz

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I furrowed my eyebrows. “The mark you gave me? Silver, you didn’t mark me last night. You're…” Not a werewolf. For some reason, I finished my sentence only in my mind. Like something worse will happen if I voiced it out. I sniffed him, searching for another wolf’s scent but all I smelled was mine, which made my wolf happy. “What are you talking about?”

“Ehh? You mean I didn’t mark you last night? Hmm…” He rubbed his chin and for a moment, he seemed to be lost in thought. And then his face lit up, if it’s still possible with all his glowing features. “AH! I must’ve forgotten!” He also nodded, agreeing to himself. “This is what happens when you get locked up for ages.”

I didn’t know what to do, say or think on his sudden changes of mood and… simply everything. “Silver—“

“Where were you, anyway?! Huh, Hunter?!” His voice… it was different. I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off again. “But I guess it doesn’t matter anymore! You're here… you came back. You… you won't leave me again, would you?”

“Leave you? Again?! When did I leave you? Why would I do that in the first place?!”

He buried his face in my chest and once again cried, my heart feeling a squeeze with his every sob. “But… Stefan said… he… he said…”

“What did he say, baby?” I rubbed his back, kissed his temple, run my fingers through his hair; everything to relax him. His appearance might be different, but he's still my Silver.

“He said you cheated on me over a girl.” I was quite taken aback when he growled.

“STEFAN!!!” I, as well, growled and quickly turned around, seeing all red. My canines popped out and my body started shaking.

“No! No! Hunter, no!” Silver turned me around so I was facing him again. He cupped my cheeks and brushed my hair out of my face. “Don’t worry.” He, once again, had that wicked smile on his face. “I'm going to deal with it. Don’t hurt Stefan, please, Hunter? He's my friend.”

“What would you do?” I retracted my fangs and enjoyed his touch.

His smile turned into a toothy grin. “It’s simple! I’ll kill every female in this world so there will be no one you could cheat with! And oh! If ever it’s a guy… hmm… what to do… what to do…” He tapped his chin. Jesus! He was telling me these as if he was just planning what present to give to everyone on Christmas! I could feel the people behind us scurrying away. Even the floating girls in front have indescribable looks on their faces.

“You don’t have to think of anything like that, Silver. I will never leave you or cheat on you. Whatever Stefan said, don’t believe it. He meant it as a joke.”

“It’s just a joke?”

I nodded and pecked his lips. “I love you, only you, until I die. I promise.”

“Aww… I love you, too, Hunter!”

I smiled. “Now, could you do me a little favor, baby?”

“What is it?” Now this was where it will get slightly critical.

“Would you please release the girls up there?”

He stared at me long, and then glared, pushing me away. “I knew it! You're just tricking me!” Tears fell down his face again. “How could you…” Everything around us went wild once more. The wind, the water, the sky, and the trees. “Do this!” The lines in his arms, legs, and neck started to spread more. Slowly, it glowed and I was afraid that he might break into pieces, like glass shards. “TO ME?!” he screamed. His almost white hair has now blue streaks every here and there.

“NO! LISTEN! Those girls have mates, too! Do you want their mates to be empty shells if they died?! Try to understand me, Silver! Snap out of it!”

He screamed again and floated back to the lake, away from me. He outstretched his arms, his fingers, pointing to the nine females and then in one quick motion he pulled them down to the water, trying to drown them to death.

“SILVER! I SAID STOP IT! LISTEN TO ME! SILVER!!!” But it seemed like he cannot hear me anymore.

I was about to shift as a wolf when suddenly, a hole has opened behind Silver despite the whirlwind.

Skylar, the Alpha of the Blue Crescents Pack, came out of the hole in his wolf form with bluish white fur. He shifted back to human form and tackled my mate until they both fell to the ground. Skylar pinned Silver before he could even try struggling. I growled but he shot me a look that even lions would back away like kittens. Of course I didn’t, I was not some kind of a pussy, even if he was the Alpha of the most intellectual pack and possessed the element of the wind.

Heads shot up from the water. The girls desperately caught their breaths as their mates, families and friends immediately ran to help them. They got them off the lake and hurriedly took them as far as possible away from Silver.

Silver continued wiggling, squirming, kicking and everything he could do to pull out of Skylar’s grasp. The newcomer murmured incomprehensible words and soon after the wind calmed down, which wasn’t quite surprising. The case was different with the water, though.

“Silver, calm down,” Skylar said in a very calm voice. And too much for our amazement, Silver did. He stared at Skylar like he was studying his face and I was having this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was not liking what I was seeing.

“Skylar?” Silver asked in a broken voice and that was followed by his sobs. How did they know each other?! Skylar glared at me like he wanted to kill me if it wasn’t for Silver, before looking back at my mate and nodding. “Skylar… I… help me. I don’t like what I'm feeling. Skylar… it hurts so much…” My eyes stung as I hear those words. It felt like my heart jumped and got stuck in my throat, making it harder for me to breathe.

“Sshhh… rest now, baby bro. Everything’s going to be okay. I'm here now. I’ll ease your pain somehow.”

Wait… baby bro?

When Silver slightly went limp, Skylar took that as a chance. He mumbled incoherent words again and his now free hand traced what seemed to be symbols in Silver’s torso. Silver began screaming when the symbols started burning in his skin. He went wild again, trying to escape from what Skylar was doing.

“Make yourself useful and help me here, Hunter!” Skylar shouted. I didn’t waste time and got a hold of Silver’s arms. He used his shins to restrain Silver’s legs and resumed what he was doing.

Now that I had a closer look, he was drawing the symbols in mid-air. Every finished symbol will go down to Silver’s skin, until it looked like it was being sucked from within. The lines were lessening with every symbol pressed against his skin. And as the lines were disappearing, the same goes to the wildness around us.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, YOU IMPUDENT MUTTS?! TRYING TO SEAL ME BACK?!” Silver laughed. “GO ON! BECAUSE YOU COULD DO THAT FOREVER!”

My wolf was writhing in grief with what was happening to our significant half. “Silver, please, baby… come back to me… I need you…” My voice was hoarse but I just couldn’t let my tears fall. Not in front of my pack. Not in front of another Alpha.

Silver froze, looking at me. Skylar didn’t stop and made his chants louder and his symbols faster, sweat forming on his forehead. I fought the urge to shove Skylar and pull my mate all to my arms when I saw his eyes went back to normal. Even though they were still brimmed with tears, it was overwhelming and relieving that he was showing a little bit of being the Silver I knew.

“Hunter…” I shushed him, wiping his tears. “Can you kiss it better?” I nearly laughed at his sudden childishness, but did what I was told nonetheless.

I kissed him and felt like my insides were burning the moment our lips made contact. I panicked when he collapsed until he was completely not moving.

Skylar said that he just fell asleep, though. I placed his head on my lap and stopped myself from showing any more weaknesses.

The lines were gone now, as if they had never been there. My mark was visible on his body again, calming my wolf a little. I looked at Skylar when he stood up and was about to walk away.

“What, Skylar?! You're just going to leave without explaining what the hell just happened?! And how do you know each other?!” I can't help the anger that rose in my voice.

He strode back and abruptly stopped a step away from us. “Do not talk to me like I am the one at fault here! When we noticed my brother was gone, I knew he would be here so I did not do anything to take him back! And you, as his mate, I trusted you to take care of him! But what did you do?! How could you leave him after the night you marked him?!”

“I didn’t know he would be like this! He was asleep and as peaceful as the Heavens when we went out to hunt!” I won't apologize to him. Never. If I did that, I better off kill myself. You see, if you let your guard down and you’re in Skylar’s bad side as of the moment, he will invade your mind. He will feed you up with illusions, torture you from the inside, making you experience an agonizingly slow death. “And what do you mean he's your brother?!” Silver flinched in his sleep so I pulled him fully on my lap and rested his head on my shoulder.

“Younger brother.” His face softened when he looked at Silver in my arms, then it went back to furious when he looked back at me. “And don’t expect me to let this slide, Hunter!”

“Why are we not informed of you having a younger brother?!” And now, I didn’t know how I didn’t notice this earlier, but they did look alike. A lot, actually.

He just stared at me blankly before shifting back into his wolf form. ‘Bring him back to your house and let him fully rest. Don’t disturb his sleep unless he wakes up himself. Once he's awake and he didn’t remember what happened, ask him if he wants to remember.’

“Wait!”

‘If he told you he wants to remember everything, summon Witch Lerina,’ he continued, ignoring my protest. ‘Now, if he acted violently again, bite him before he could have the chance to fully change.’

“What do you mean change?!”

‘Never mention my appearance to him, though. He doesn’t know I'm a werewolf yet.’ And with that, he ran towards the midst of the forest, his paws not touching the ground but was running in mid-air instead. Sometimes, he was really a show-off.

“Thank you,” I whispered with the wind, just loud enough not to let others hear, knowing that his element would send him the message.

‘I did it for Silver,’ he replied that only me could hear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 73 12
M/N who was already happy with his life was unlucky to know his parents were divorcing since his father felt like they weren't working out,however,hi...
19.2K 709 28
Alex is a normal, nature-loving boy in his hometown of Wolf's Creek. It's said that there's werewolves that live in the forest, but no one's ever see...
381K 10.2K 31
A Forest Wolf is a wolf who can "control" the forest. A cub searches for power trough the most powerful being near them. With a pack of Alphas and...
334K 8.7K 24
Benjamin is found in the forest while it's raining, cold and weak. A werewolf Alpha comes across him while patrolling the land and immediately knows...