Growing.

By siighbrat

"plant your seeds, provide me light, water me. I will grow." my works #1. #1 in urban story, 03/31/'19. #1 i... More

a beginning.
S1.
S2.
so.
S3.
S4.
S5.
S6.
S7.
S8.
S9.
S10.
S11.
S12.
S13.
S14.
S15.
S16.
S17.
S18.
S19.
S20.
S21.
S22.
S23.
S24.
S25.
S26.
S27.
S28.
S29.
part 2: GROWN.
B1.
B3.
B4.
B5.
B6.
B7.
B8.
B9.
B10.
B11.
B12.
thank you.
B13.
B14.
B15.
B16.
B17.
B18.
B19.
B20.
B21.
B22.
B23.
B24.
B25.
EPILOUGE.

B2.

20.4K 1.1K 887
By siighbrat

Mesyiah Jones.

                    "Syiah, my mama said take me to get ice cream."

"Alright, let me get dressed." I said standing up from my bed. I glanced at my dresser to the picture of my mother and made a cross over my chest before getting dressed and walking out my room.

"Good morning Mesyiah, can you get that sage from the kitchen for me and light it?" my aunt Maxine asked me.

"Good morning auntie." I grabbed a lighter off the bowl on the living room table and the thick roll of sage lighting the tip and watching the greenery turn black, then gray before blowing it out and moving it around my body and the house. "Muhammad come here."

He ran up to me and I went around his body with the smoke. "Bring me some chicken wings back." My aunt said trying to give me money.

"I got it." I pushed her hand back softly. "We'll be back, come on Amber!"

"I'm coming." I opened the door letting Muhammad run out the door and I followed going to my aunts car. "You got some ice cream money nigga?"

"No but I know you do." he said snapping his seat belt. I chuckled shaking my head.

"You need a haircut, M." I said rubbing over his curls.

"Okay, I'm ready." Amber said getting in the passenger seat. "Where we going?"

I shrugged. "Muhammad wants some ice cream and my auntie needs some shit from the grocery store, and I'm going to get a haircut with M."

"Can you do me a favor?" I looked over at her. "Since tomorrow is the first day of school, I need you to take me to my hair appointment."

"Amber..." I groaned.

"Syiah please, please. I can't start my senior year looking tore up, I'ma sit with you through your haircut." she grabbed my arm as I slowed down at the red light. "Syiah please."

"Nigga alright." I said shrugging her off me. "Always want some shit. Where this shit at?"

"It's in Decatur." I shook my head. "It's called Crowned."

"You make me sick." she chuckled kissing my cheek, I wiped it off.

"I love you too stupid."

"You remember that party I had told you I was going to?" I asked her.

"Mhm."

"It was a whole domestic violence case in the middle of the party, right in front of me." I said making her chuckle.

"What happened?"

"I don't know I was talking to this girl about her best friend that's not really her best friend, I could tell, and this big ugly nigga came and snatched her ass up." I explained. "She was real life scared too and this nigga was yelling at her and shit, made me think about my mama."

"I miss her." Amber said and I nodded in agreement. "That nigga gon get his though, Syiah. Remember that."

"How much longer we gotta sit here?" Muhammad asked making me shrug.

"I don't know, M. Amber's bald headed ass finna get left right in Decatur." I said. "Here, watch a movie." I handed him my phone before getting up and walking to the far end of this big ass salon to where Amber was sitting getting her hair done.

"When you supposed to be done?" I asked her.

"I'm done right now, Syiah. She just curling this last piece." Amber said making me look at the woman who was curling her hair.

"Okay auntie, I got your stuff for you." I kept my eyes on Muhammad who was sitting on the white leather couches occupied by my phone. "Let me go get this last box from my car."

"Thank you Tink, I don't know what I'd do without you." the woman doing Amber's hair said removing the cape from off Amber. "I'm done love, I hope you like it."

"I'll meet you in the car Amber, don't take all day." she rolled her eyes shooing me off. "C'mon M."

"She done? Or we leaving her in Decatur? I vote for leaving her in Decatur." he said making me chuckle and shake my head.

"Nah, she done M." I said before bumping into somebody. "My bad."

"It's okay." she said. "Oh, hey Mesyiah."

"Tink? Right?" she nodded.

"How are you?" she asked. "Hi cutie."

"Hi." Muhammad waved before going to the car.

"I'm good, how are you? Last time I seen you, you was getting dragged." I said looking at her blankly, that rubbed me the wrong way.

"You had to say it like that?" she chuckled softly rubbing her arm.

"That's what it looked like to me." I said. "Who was that? Boyfriend? You too pretty for him to be yanking all on you and shit, especially for just having a simple conversation with somebody."

"He didn't mean it, he was drunk." I frowned.

"Just like your best friend? Why you keep making excuses for people?" I asked honestly confused. "That nigga wasn't drunk, and he can't never be drunk enough to think it's okay to grab and pull on you and shit. You need to take note of the shit that's in front of you before you get hurt."

"I'm ready, Syiah." Amber said walking out the salon making me turn around and walk towards the car.

I hope she get help before she end up like my mama, dead.

"Aye auntie what you finna do with this chicken?" I asked sitting the grocery bag on the counter.

"Fry it, why?" she looked over at me.

"I was just asking sis." she chuckled pushing me out the kitchen. "Ima go help Muhammad."

"Ask him if he has his school clothes and shit laid out, if not he's gonna be ironing that shit himself."

I walked further back into the house and to the bathroom where Muhammad was in the shower. "Aye nigga."

"Yes?"

"My auntie said do you got your school clothes out?" I asked pulling my hair up into a ponytail. "Don't get out that shower nigga and I'm standing here."

"I gotta get my clothes before she start dragging it." I turned and walked out the bathroom to go snitch.

"No auntie he ain't got them clothes out." I snitched.

"Muhammad, boy! Do what the fuck I said do, before I beat your ass!" I leaned out the kitchen threshold to see him standing in the hallway with a towel wrapped around his waist, I laughed and pointed at him. "And stop laughing at him Mesyiah, big ass fucking child."

"You ready to start school tomorrow, Syiah?" Amber asked me as I sat in front of her bed between her legs. I shrugged. "Well, it's our last year. We gotta make this one count."

I winced as she parted my hair down the middle. "That shit hurt, Amber."

"Well ain't nobody told you to have all this hair." she popped my hand with the comb. "I'm almost done. Who is that?"

"This girl." I mumbled. "Fucking annoying ass girl."

"What's her name?"

"Daisha? Deja? Something like that, won't stop texting me." I looked at my phone disgusted. "Just met me and tryna fuck me, I feel used."

"Boy." Amber laughed. "You been out here for two weeks and you already got girls driving you nuts. You want me to fight her?"

I tilted my head back to see if she was serious and she was looking down at me with a straight face. "Cause I'll beat that bitch up over you."

"You always wanna fight somebody, damn." I said.

"Yes or no?"

"No nigga." I shook my head.

"Well let me know if you want me to and I'm done." I stood up from between her legs and went to her mirror. "You like them?"

I nodded. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, good night. I love you." she said packing up the hair stuff.

"Night, love you too."

Hopefully Georgia is a step in the right direction.

hey bitches! I got like fifty something days of school left and y'all just don't know how happy I am.

Q5: pancakes or waffles. choose wisely.

if you say pancakes you need your ass beat.

Q6: favorite chicken place?

I don't know if everywhere else got this but in Detroit, we got this place called Captain Jays. bitchhhhhhh so fucking good! omg they put this lemon pepper shit on there and they ranch is good as fuck.

if the place don't got good ranch I can't eat there because I put ranch on EVERYTHING.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 86 19
This is a dedication, To The Sad Youth [Weekly updates] July 21, 2019 - 500 reads (thank you guys so much :) November 23, 2019 - 1.01k (thank you for...
205K 18.2K 36
"Do you think we're soul mates?" She asked, lifting her head in order to lock eyes with him. It took him a moment, mustering up his answer. Thinking...
3.3K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
97.3K 3.4K 40
This was my first ever book at 15 and I'm 19 now I know but I'll keep it for a while then most likely delete it but I like seeing what I came from an...