The boy who was given up

By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Harry Potter, a young wizard thrust into a world of death, evil and lies. In order to navigate through the fo... More

Chapter One: The Night Of Terror
Chapter two: The incident
Chapter three: Diagon Alley
Chapter four: Welcome to the gang
Chapter five: Sorting
Chapter six: Class and confrontations
Chapter seven: The boggart and flying
Chapter eight: Weekends, God fathers and the strange man...
Chapter nine: New information, who is this dude?
Chapter eleven: Coming home and starting again
Chapter twelve: God fathers
Chapter thirteen: Parties and sleep overs
Chapter fourteen: The zoo
Chapter fifteen: Back to school
Chapter sixteen: First day detentions!?
Chapter seventeen: The voice
Chapter eighteen: McGonagall and Dueling classes.
Chapter nineteen: The diary...
Chapter twenty: Answers and secrets
Chapter Twenty-one: Stopping the basilisk and rage...
Chapter twenty- two: Inheritance...
Chapter twenty-three: Gringotts...
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training
Chapter twenty-five: Mastering and the holidays
Chapter twenty-six: Year three and secondary responses
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The inheritance...
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The scolding and the "incident"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Memories
Chapter Thirty: Questions and TEA...
Chapter Thirty-One: The first date
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hostage
Chapter Thirty-Three: The new era
Chapter Thirty-Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Thirty Five: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty Six: The Triwizard tournament announcement
Chapter Thirty Seven: The silent war
Chapter Thirty-Eight: DADA? I think not
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Sleep Over Part One
Chapter Forty: The Sleepover Part Two
Chapter Forty-One: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Feeling light-headed?
Chapter Forty-Four: The Shadowland
Chapter Forty-Five: And the Champion is...
Chapter Forty-Six: Too Much
Chapter Forty-Seven: Getting out of it?
Chapter Forty-Eight: Helping Harry
Chapter Forty-Nine: The First Task
Chapter Fifty: The Clue
Chapter Fifty-One: The Garden
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Second Task
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Annoying Beetle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Ballroom dancing
Chapter Fifty-Five: Is that a promise?
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Final Task Part One
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Final Task Part Two
Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Final Task Part Three
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Infirmary
Chapter Sixty: The Beginning Of Forever
Chapter Sixty-One: Here is to Forever
Chapter Sixty-Two: Not Even Death Could Part Us, My Love.

Chapter ten: A disastrous end to year one...

20.8K 552 208
By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

The next day (Sunday) Draco and I were walking to breakfast when the man appeared out of no where. "Hello Children." He said.

"Hi." Draco cautiously said. 

"Where are you off to this fine morning." The strange man implored. 

"None of your business." I replied coming across confident and strong. 

His head tilted in a calculating way.

"We best be off." I said when it was clear he wasn't going to say anything. 

I grabbed Draco by the arm arm and maneuvered around the man. "Until next time Harry Potter." The chilling voice called from behind. When I turned to see him he was gone. 

"Was that him?" Draco asked concerned. 

I nodded "Yeah but he has never got that close before or even talked to me." Draco looked a little shaken but otherwise fine so we walked into the great hall. We walked calmly over to the Slytherin table and sat next to Anthony, Blaise and Pansy. 

"Hey guys!" Draco and I greeted at the same time causing them all to laugh. 

"You guys are so in sync it's crazy almost as bad as Fred and George." 

I laughed. "You called." Two voices behind us spoke. I whipped my head around and saw that Fred and George were in deed standing behind us. I chuckled, trust them to hear their names from a table away. 

"We were just talking about how in sync you guys are." 

They nodded "That" Fred started,

"Is true." George finished. 

"But we are actually here to talk to" 

Fred started and George joined in for an over the top "Harry!" 

I chuckled again and said "Yeah sure guys what can I do for you?" 

They shook their heads and said "Not here." They motioned for the corridor. 

I nodded and said "Be back in a  minute guys." 

We walked out of the Great Hall and into the corridor when Fred and George put up privacy wards around us. 

"This must be really important." I stated before they turned back around. 

"We were going to do this later on but-" 

"We think you are ready now" They said with twin grins that were only contagious.

"Ready for what?" They pulled out some parchment and their wands. 

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." They spoke whilst holding their wands to the parchment. On the cover the words Padfoot, Mooney, wormtail and Prongs present the Marauders map. 

"The marauders who are they?" I asked. They looked at me confused before replying.

"Your dad, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black." I made a surprised face and they continued. 

"They were legendary pranksters in their day, this was how they got around without being caught." 

They pulled the parchment open and revealed a map with names on it. "Quick Filch is coming!" 

Fred yelled and pulled us around the corner. A moment later Filch walked past grumbling about one thing or another. 

When it was clear I said "Wow it works!" They nodded enthusiastically. 

"Sorry we didn't give it to you earlier we had a few unfinished pranks to pull first." I smiled widely. 

"All goods guys you can borrow it anytime, but I have one question why did you give it to me and not the beloved boy who lived." I said in a mock tone. 

"Seriously you even have to ask?" 

"Of course we would give it to you boy who lived or not he is an ass and we think you could do much more damage with it." They said with absolute mischievousness. I smiled widely.  

"Thanks guys I owe you one, anything you need seriously don't hesitate to ask."

 "Thanks Har we will remember that." They said smiling just as wide. 

"Now to put it away so no one else can read it you say "Mischief managed." The writing disappeared. 

"Thanks again." With that we walked back into the great hall. 

"What was that about?" Draco asked. 

"Oh nothing really." I replied whilst grabbing some toast. The smile never leaving my face. 

"Nothing my ass." Pansy muttered. I sent her a fake glare and continued to eat. 

After breakfast we were walking out of the great hall when we were stopped by the one and only chosen one. 

"What do you want?" Pansy demanded before anyone could speak. 

"None of your business pug face." He spat. Her face dropped and her expression darkened. I could see that if I were to do nothing this would get very heated very quickly. 

"Chill everyone what do you want?" I asked with less bite than Pansy which caused her to glare at me. Ignoring it I turned my full attention to the awkward looking boy in front of me. 

"I uh just wanted to talk to you, alone, but you left yesterday before I got a chance." I slowly nodded and turned back to the annoyed Draco, Pansy and Blaise. 

"I'll meet you guys back in the common room." Blaise and Pansy looked extremely pained but complied slowly walking away. But Draco remained. 

"Draco come on i'll be fine." I pleaded. He looked in between Evan and I before sighing deeply. 

"Hurt him and I will make The Dark Lord look like a toddler." He threatened. Once Evan looked like he got the message Draco whispered,

 "Don't think you won't be telling me later."

I chuckled and whispered back "Wouldn't dream of not." He gave me a small smile, then Evan a calculating glare before walking off in the same direction as the others. I watched as he disappeared around the corner before turning back to look at Evan who still seemed awkward with the whole situation. 

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked. 

"Not here." Was all he said before he turned on his heel and stormed down the corridor. With a sigh I decided to follow. 'Was this how everyone was going to greet me now just not here' I thought. 

Once we go to a secluded  corner I asked "Was all this really necessary."  

He hushed me and looked around the corners before continuing "Yeah I need to talk to you." I raised an eyebrow but gestured for him to continue. 

"First order of business is I wanted to apologize." My eyebrow rose even higher. 

"Hear me out, the other night before you came - after the Bogart - Dad was crying and talking to mum about how he had failed you and how you needed him and he wasn't there." Evan awkwardly looked around whilst my eyes were trained hard on him. 

"What is your point to all this?" I snapped. 

"I'm just saying sorry. Dad had a point no matter what we are still family. I shouldn't have acted like a dick or let the title get to my head." I nodded. 

"No you shouldn't have but the real question is are you going to change what you do or just apologize after?" 

"I am going to change I promise." He pleaded. 

I nodded and replied "Okay then I hope you do, was that all?" I asked. 

"No I have something personal I wanted to ask you, but not in front of anyone." 

"What?"

 "I saw you, in the room, getting changed." My brow furrowed in obvious confusion. 

"What are you on about?"

"You had- you have scars all over you back and torso, what happened? Is that the thing that dad wasn't there for you?" Anger bubbled inside of me. 

"You may have apologized but you are no where near in my good graces to know that, if you know what is good for you then you will not mention this again." I warned. He paled but continued. 

"Harry I just want to be there for you." 

"Even with the right intentions I am not ready to tell you, hell you haven't even proved yourself if I told you right now then what's stopping you from telling the world?" 

"I wouldn't do  that!" He yelled. 

"Well how would I know I have only know you for a year and the first time you were decent towards me was this weekend!" I spat back. 

"Fine okay I get that but I just want to help." He pleaded once again. I sighed 

"Maybe one day but not now or anytime soon, I am sorry." He nodded sadly. 

"I understand I just- I am here for you okay?" 

I nodded and replied "I will remember that." 

He gave me a small smile and walked away.  I sighed maybe this will be okay. I started walking away heading for the dungeons when a figure caught my eye. Before I could process what was happening I was gone. The tile bellow me had disappeared. I was falling through the floor. After what felt like forever I finally hit something hard.

 My ankle twisted and snapped with a loud crack. I let out a yelp of pain and a rustle came from some where to the side. 

"He is here master." The same voice that had been following me said. I looked around frantically trying to find this deranged mans 'master'. When I couldn't locate him I looked back at the man who was fiddling with his fingers. The 'room' I was in had stone surrounding it with a single mirror in the middle. There was a faint whisper that echoed around the room. 

"Master you are not strong enough." The man argued. Who was he talking to? I wondered. I let out a pained yelp as I tried to move myself away. The man's gaze flicked back to me before saying 

"Well he is weak." A demonic laugh echoed around the room coming from seemingly no where. The man then began to unwind his turban. I started to get even more panicked when the whispering began to get louder the further down he got. Reaching for my wand I pulled it out just in time for the deformed face to poke out from the man.

I gasped in shock. The demonic voice roared once again only this time it was obvious where it had come from. While the man and the... Uh... Face were distracted I decided this was my time. 

"Episky." I mumbled as quietly as I could only to be betrayed by the loud crack that sounded after. The obvious sound of bones re joining. The laughter stopped and the face glared at me. I could see the confused face of the man in the mirror. 

"Who are you!" I demanded them both. This only cause the glare to harden and the face to become angered. 

"So much older but still none the less annoying." He commented. 

"Again. Who. Are. You!" 

The faces mouth twitched angrily before he said "Harry Potter, you are the bain of my existence and yet you have no idea who I am." 

"Well it's not like this room has good lighting." I snapped back sassily. 

I instantly regretted saying that as the man clicked his fingers and a circle of fire erupted around us. Curse me and my big mouth, I thought bitterly. I looked at the face closely and saw the same red eyes. 

"The eyes are familiar but apart from that nah." I replied lazily. 

This only angered the face and he spat. "I AM THE DARK LORD YOU MUST KNOW ME!" 

I sniggered "Voldemort?" The head tilted upwards in what was suppose to be a challenging fashion. 

I rolled my eyes at his antis before he shouted once more "ENOUGH! I DO NOT CARE FOR YOUR STUPID SQUABBLING! I ONLY CARE FOR THE STONE BOY! LOOK INTO THE MIRROR AND TELL ME WHERE IT IS!" 

I sighed and replied "Well I would but your hence person is kind of in the way." 

His mouth twitched once more before the man stepped to the side. The writing above the mirror wrote 'the mirror of  Erised' I had read about this. It tells you what the thing you most desire is. I looked down and saw Mom, Dud and me standing there. I looked so strong and confident. Like a person to be reckoned with. I had a chilling look but a warm smile. One that only meant happiness. But next to me was Draco. Holding my hand firmly. For some reason I had a jealousy for this version of me. I would think more on that later, I thought whilst scanning the others in the image. Then behind him was Lilly, James, Evan, Severus and two men who I didn't know. One with shoulder length black hair and the other with straight brown.

I was puzzled as to why this was my highest desire. But I would ponder on that later. My main concern was what Voldemort wanted me to see. 

I had read that the mirror, if you think hard enough, and are worthy enough then it will show you where what you desire is stored. I thought hard about whatever I could use against Voldemort. 

The image started to morph and change into something different.Something darker. Now standing in the mirror was me. Only it wasn't. I had long black wings with white tips and I had longer darker hair. I looked dark and quite simply scary. I began to wonder if I had a inheritance that I didn't know about. Only time would tell I guess. I still had the same warm smile and confident face. 'I kind of like this version of me' I thought.

 However I was bought out of my musings by me (mirror me) tugging onto my trouser pocket. A weight was placed in my actual pocket. I looked down slightly before looking back at the mirror me and seeing him put a finger up to his mouth in a shh motion, I nodded slightly and the me in the mirror smirked and walked away. 

I looked at the strange man's reflection in  the mirror giving me a calculating look. 

"Well boy what did you see?!" The chilling voice demanded. 

I turned to face him and replied "I saw my family, you know the ones you tried to take from me!" I demanded. 

"I did not even harm your pathetic parents!" He snarled back 

"Not them you tried to kill my brother ass hat!" I yelled back. He looked slightly confused so I continued!

"My brother ya know the boy who lived? The savior? Your destruction?" 

The last parts said as a question. "The one you tried to kill that night?" I asked. 

He shook his head an laughed. "No I tried to kill you. I would never forget those haunting green eyes." I scrunched up my face in confusion. 

"But Evan doesn't have green eyes." I trailed off. "No!" I looked up determined. 

"I am not the chosen one! That is not my destiny! Hell no!" I yelled. 

"Ugh boy it doesn't have to be just tell me where to get the stone and you don't have to bear that weight." 

I looked down at the ground thinking over everything. I couldn't be the chosen one! That was Evan. Oh how wrong everyone got this. No. If no one found out the truth I could still live a semi normal life. Evan will grow up strong and defeat him with the help of everyone of course. I am not sitting out either just not being in the spot light. I will help Evan no matter what he will just get the credit. That seemed fair.

With my decision being made I looked up to Voldie with a new determination. He wasn't leaving here. "No" I spoke clearly and sharply. 

"No?" He questioned "Don't you want this burden gone?" 

I smirked "There are more than one way to keep a man's mouth shut." 

He looked confused and shocked so I decided to continue, "You see everything is going well for me and I don't like being in the spot light, but Evan does, so the obvious thing to do is to leave it that way. If I have to kill you in the end then so be it. But I want to have a normal childhood." 

His mouth twitched. "Hasn't that been already taken from you? Didn't your family abandon you? Why protect them and think about what they want when you could just give the whole burden over to me." 

I smirked "No because you see what everyone fails to see is that I have always had a family. And guess what. My family has only grown and what happened to you huh Tom?" 

"How do you know my name." I looked down for a moment. How did I know that. Oh well fake it till you make it. "I know things Tom. And I know that you are nothing but a scared boy who had no one to love." 

He roared as he commanded the body he was in to launch. He ran at me and I grabbed his face in an attempt to get him away from me. A scream of pain erupted from the man as he jumped back in shock. 

I smirked as I looked down at my hands. I have no idea what is happening but I defiantly don't mind it I thought happily. 

I lunged forward throwing the man off guard burning off him hands. As he fell onto his knees I said "Goodbye Tom, and stay away from me and my family." 

With that I grabbed the mans neck. With one final gut wrenching scream the man fell to the ground in ashes. I looked around me as the fire fell with the man. I felt drained and tired but overall fine. That was until the wind began to pick up and a black swirl came out of the ashes. It rose before it came crashing into me. With a scream I fell to the ground. Black dots dancing in my vision. 

================================================================

When I woke up I was blinded by a white light. Blinking a few times to adjust my eyes I looked around. The room was pretty empty on one side but one the other there was a crowd. Draco was standing at the foot of my bed yelling at Evan whilst Lilly and James were trying to break it up. "Guys don't fight there is enough of me to go around." I joked, my voice sounding harsh and scratchy. 

Draco and Evan gasped both running to the side of my bed. "Are you okay!" They both yelled at the same time before sending glares at each other. 

"I'm fine just slightly tired and guys calm down your fighting is giving me a head ache."

"Sorry." Draco said whilst sitting in the chair closest to me. 

"Algoods." 

"Dumbledore told us what happened well vaguely." I nodded 

"I probably can't tell you anything more." I looked at Draco giving him a look of I will tell you later look. He slightly tilted his head in acknowledgment. Everyone else nodded their heads at my statement. 

"As a reward for what you did all exams are canceled." James said. My face dropped. 

"Your kidding right. "

James shook his head confused, "Wait your not happy?" 

"No!" I yelled "I studied for them!" 

James chuckled "Wow who would have thought a Potter excited for exams." 

Lilly smacked his arm and said "Don't you already know upto 3rd year?"

 "Yeah but still you can never be too prepared." I scolded. Draco chuckled. 

"How aren't you a Ravenclaw again?" Evan asked. 

"I chose Slytherin remember." I said bored. 

"Oh yeah that's right." James replied. 

"Well I think it is official Lilly we now have the boy who lived and the boy who read." 

James chuckled, I frowned I didn't want to be anyone special. 

"No I think he is just Harry, as brilliant as he is just Harry." I smiled widely at Draco. 

He knew I hated being special. I nodded in agreement. 

"Well it's settled then just Harry we will leave you to get some more rest and see you tomorrow." 

I nodded saying goodbye. "Oh and Harry we were wondering seeing as we are leaving for break tomorrow without exams and all could you visit during the holidays or can we visit?" Lilly asked hope pouring out of her eyes. 

"I am sure we can work something out owl me at some point." They walked out and I turned to Draco. 

"Don't even ask it is a given you are coming to mine at some point." Draco chuckled and replied 

"Okay Har, anyway what happened?" I filled him in on everything only I missed out the demonic version of myself and what I saw firstly in the mirror. 

"Draco I am scared I don't want to be the chosen one." I complained. 

"Don't worry Harry we will work this out but for now get some sleep you have a big day tomorrow and a big holidays."

 "Oh how could I forget I am meeting my Godparents shoot!" I sighed. 

"Calm down don't freak it will be allgoods you said Dudley and your Mom are going with you so it will be allgoods." I nodded and bid goodnight to Draco before drifting into a peaceful sleep which for once wasn't filled with nightmares.

A/N well here it is Year one done. I will do a few chapters on the holidays then go into second year! I just want to say thank you all for sticking with this story and thanks so much to the support you have shown me. It really helps me to continue knowing people like reading this. Anyway that is enough from me byyyyeeeeee! Word count: 3501 (wow that was long)

P.s any comments on things to change are welcome, most of this is written late at night XD also any things you want me to add in just comment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.7K 13
After the war, Harry finds out that Dumbledore had decided how his life would be until his death. He also found some heart shattering facts about his...
3.5K 66 23
With the Dark Lord back from the dead, secret friends are faced with a choice. Draco Malfoy takes it upon himself to protect those he loves from the...
247K 5.7K 30
BOOK ONE. Olivia Potter didn't know the Wizarding world existed until her fourth year. She didn't know that she had a twin brother. She was left alon...
560K 16.6K 31
Voldemort returns. Harry is wrongly accused. All hell breaks loose... but it's already too late by the time the Order of the Phoenix realizes it. ...