The Heathers VS. The Plastics...

By no_user_1009

A school in Evanston, Illinois is ruled by a clique of 4 girls called "The Plastics". Another school in Sherw... More

Intro:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
1K SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER
I Was Tagged For The First Time

Chapter 1

8K 116 691
By no_user_1009

Cady's POV

"Ugh there is nothing good to watch!" I said while flipping through the channels on TV.

Summer is going to be over in a few weeks. At least it's gonna be senior year, the last year of school!

But then there's college...

At least I have Regina, Gretchen, and Karen, they are part of a clique called "The Plastics".  I originally became friends with them since my friend Janis sort of told me to spy on them. She told me once that Regina is dangerous and cannot be trusted, but honestly they are pretty nice. To me at least. Besides, everyone at my school loves me! Especially after the school's talent show. They really liked the little performance we did. I haven't talked to Janis and Damian in a while though...

A notification from my phone interrupts my train of thought. I looked at the screen and saw that it was a text from Gretchen.

Gretchen: Hey Cady Regina is inviting us to go shopping for some new clothes for next school year we will be picking you up in a bit

Cady: Oh ok Ill get ready then

"Mom I'm just gonna be going to the mall with Regina!" I said as I dressed up

"Ok, just be careful sweetie!"

5 minutes later Regina's car arrived at the front door with the Plastics in it. 

"Oh hi Cady!" Karen waved as the door opened

"Hurry up and get in we don't have the entire summer to wait!" Regina said as I got in.

We quickly drove to the mall and spent the next few hours picking out clothes. Regina and Gretchen we giving me all sorts of clothes to try out.

"Why don't you try this skirt?" Gretchen waved a gray skirt in my direction.

"Oh, uh, ok." I went to the changing room and put the skirt on. It was pretty nice, I guess. Except for the fact that it only reached the middle of my thighs.

"Its a nice skirt! Its just a bit. uh...short." I said, stepping out of the changing room. Karen went in after me.

"Don't be ridiculous, that's what the boys want!" Regina commented.

"And it really complements your figure!" Gretchen added

"Do you guys think this suits me?" Karen said, showing a sweater she tried on.

Gretchen looked over and said: "Um, Karen? You're wearing it inside out."

"Isn't it supposed to be worn this way?"

"No?"

"Karen, just go back and put it on properly." Regina said. "Cady, you should find yourself a new pink outfit for Wednesdays."

"I'll help her!" Gretchen stood up and led me to the pink clothes.

*timeskip*

 I ended up getting a wardrobe's worth of clothing. We decided to eat at a French restaurant. We chatted about a few things while eating, mostly about Karen thinking about asking her cousin out.

"Karen, for the last time, you can't date any of your cousins!!" Gretchen told her (again).

"But he is my first cousin, doesn't that make it fine?"

Regina rolled her eyes and turned to me. "By the way Cady, the three of us applied for that exchange student program thing, and all 3 of us are going."

"What exchange student program?" I asked.

"You didn't know? Its going to take us to another school for an entire year!" Gretchen answered.

Another school? So they aren't going to North Shore High next year? "What school?"

"I think its called Westerburg High? Its somewhere in Sherwood, Ohio. Frankly, I've never heard of it before." Regina stated.

I honestly didn't know any other schools besides North Shore High, so I just nodded.

"So are you coming along? I mean, you're one of us now, so our group wouldn't be complete without you!" Gretchen said.

"How do I apply?"

"Well, me, Karen, and Regina simply had to spend a couple thousand dollars on it, its mostly for the tuition and the dorm."

"I don't think I can pay for that."

"They have a scholarship, you can apply for that" Regina said.

"I'll ask my parents if I can apply" Transferring to another school already? I literally just adjusted to life at North Shore High. Then again, I have The Plastics to help me...

I was given a ride home, and the first thing that I asked my parents was permission to apply for the student exchange program. I told them all the details and how I can go for free through the scholarship.

"Are you sure about this Cady? You just transferred to North Shore High and you want to go to another high school?" my mom asked.

"And that's not the only thing, you are going to have to live on your own for the entire school year in a dorm." my dad added.

"Mom, Dad, I'll be fine. Besides it's going to be a new and exciting experience for me! I'll get to meet new people and make new friends! Also Regina and her friends are going too, so we will take care of each other."

"Well if you really want to, I don't really see any problem. This would also be a good learning experience for you as well!" Mom said

"First thing you need to do though is pass that scholarship exam!" Dad said

"Thanks mom and dad!" I went up to my room to study for the exam.

I applied the next day, and when the results came back, I saw that I passed. I texted the Plastics that I'm going with them to Westerburg. I was really excited as well. Another year, another school! There was actually a list of students who were going, so I decided to take a look. There were seven names under the list of 12th graders who were going to Sherwood, Ohio:

Regina George
Gretchen Wieners
Karen Smith
Aaron Samuels
Damian Hubbard
Janis Sarkisian
Cady Heron

Wait... Aaron Samuels?! Aaron is going to Westerburg as well? That can't be a coincidence... Anyway, apparently Janis and Damian are going too! At least all my friends are going with me. I have a good feeling that this year will be exceptional...

Janis's POV

"I'm not going." I told Damian as I saw the results of the scholarship for the exchange program. He drove me back to my house after I went to get the list of scholars to see if I passed. My parents encouraged me to take the exam since it would be "beneficial" for me. Damian also played a part in convincing me to apply since he was also going.

"Janis, hun, you can't just throw away a chance like this!" Damian said.

"Damian I applied to this thing to get away from the Plastics! Then, I found out that they are going with us to Ohio! I'm not going." I can't even believe The Plastics even found a way to pass the scholarship exam. They probably just paid for it or something.

"Not everyone has a chance like this Janis. Just because the Plastics are coming along doesn't mean that you shouldn't go. Don't let them ruin this for you." 

"You don't get it! I wanted a new, fresh start, without anybody hating me. Now that the Plastics are gonna be following me to Ohio that new fresh start is ruined." I flopped onto the couch, sulking.

"Jan, remember, other's opinions don't matter. Besides, I'll be there with you every step of the way." Damian took a seat next to me and gave me a comforting look. 

I looked at him and sighed. "You're right. I'm overthinking all of this."

Damian took the list from my hands. "Huh. Cady and Aaron are coming along as well."

"Wait, really?" I glanced over at the list. Apparently I got so upset over the Plastics that I didn't notice the other 2 names listed.

"That changes some things." I said. "She hasn't been talking to us much lately though."

"Maybe that has something to do with you encouraging her to join the Plastics so that she can be your spy..." 

I rolled my eyes. "I did that so I could have something to use against Regina as payback for what she did in the past."

"And that eventually backfired on us since we're barely communicating with her."

"Fine, lets talk to her once school starts" I stood up to make myself a snack. "Want anything?" I asked Damian.

"Eh, a PB&J sandwich will do."

-Woot 1390 words
- So the events of Mean Girls (up until the Christmas performance thing) happened in junior year
-Because of this, Cady is still part of the Plastics and Janis didn't ask her for help for her revenge party (yet)
-Cady still has a crush on Aaron here, Regina just hasn't interfered yet
-Aaron applied for the scholarship and passed (that's why he's there lol)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 3K 27
After years of trying to hide from the past, Veronica finds herself seeing her high school life go like her daughters. It scares her to death, but sh...
124K 2.9K 37
Veronica Sawyer is finally returning to her home of Sherwood, Ohio. It's been eight years and she has been raising her daughter. However, her daughte...
12.8K 240 20
September 20, 1989. Westerburg High School, Sherwood, Ohio. Two students arrive to their tenth high school. The pair is seventeen years old, mysterio...