Moving Forward ~1

Bởi Vampirediaries1996

Mystic Falls has always been the same. Nothing happens here. Everyone knows each others business if you like... Xem Thêm

New Year, Same Me
That's Not Hate
Match Made In Heaven
Darkness Is Coming
Aftermath of the Attack
Comets Flying By
Suspicion
Dinner Disaster
Team Spirit
Changes
Founder's Parties All Day
Carwash and Cemeteries
Secrets
Temporary Breakups
Towel Girl
The Truth Comes Out
The Beginning of The End
Life Turning Upside Down
Decade Dance
Trust
Tomb Games
Isobel's Past
Eligible Bachelor's
Double Date
Another Funeral
Drunk Stefan
Facing Bonnie
Miss Mystic Jitters
Where Is Amber?
Isobel
Compulsion
Fireworks
Hospital's and Kisses
She's Here
Vampire Carnivals
Research Becomes Reality
Wolves and Barbecues
Cat's Out of the Bag
Moonstone
Masquerade and Danger
Elijah
Katerina
Kristen Stewart
Making Deals
Losing Part of Yourself
Werewolves
True Intensions
Hosting a Killer Dinner
Journals
The Fun's Just Getting Started
Warnings from the Witches
60's Dance
Klaus
Sacrifice
Rebirth
18
Smoky Mountains
Chili
Doppelgänger Blood
First Day of the New Year
Bonfire
Ghost World
Mikael
Homecoming
Hybrids and Coffins
Birthday or Funeral
Beginning of Darkness
A Mother's Love
Unlinking
Makeup and Betrayal
Dark Times
Another Funeral
Hunters and Hallucination's
Miss Mystic Round 2
Connection
Snowflakes
Is Silas Real?
The Cure
Can We Cheat Death?
Grieving and Moving On
Three Sacrifices
Prom
Graduation

Mother of a Ball

7.5K 211 302
Bởi Vampirediaries1996

I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

I have no control over my body. All I remember is being at Caroline's and then I found myself driving. I said nothing it was like I was a robot. Nothing feels like it's in my control as I walk towards the Lockwood property. I walk down lighting every lamp in my way illuminating the dark caves. I try telling myself to stop but nothing is working as my feet carry me all the way to the cave with the locked coffin. "Sofia?" I see Abby talk to me but I act like I don't even notice her. "Bonnie said you might be able to help." I move closer to the coffin and place my hands on it. All the candle in the cave light up almost burning our flesh but I control it and finally, the lid opens. "Sofia?" I look to Abby confused and I fall to the ground feeling nothing.

__________________________________
Damon's POV

Stefan is less than thrilled we're going to dinner at Klaus' but we need this while Bonnie and her mom work on opening the coffin. Elijah seems to be on our side whatever that means. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah greeted us at the front door.

"Damon, Stefan. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement." We look around and the dinner table is set for us and women dressed in matching outfits waiting to serve us. "Like civilized me, shall we?" I look to Elijah asking if his brother is serious.

"It's better to indulge him." He warns us and I nod heading toward the table but Stefan is stubborn like always.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to, cause you would hear us out."

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. Choice is yours." Klaus takes a seat and smirks at us.

I got Stefan to sit down but not eat. Can't he make things easy for once? "Thank you, love."

"You lost your appetite." Klaus keeps egging Stefan on trying to get a reaction from him.

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." I joke trying to lighten the mood.

"That's the spirit." Klaus comments as Stefan picks up his fork. "Isn't this nice? The four of us dining together. Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?" Klaus directs his question to me.

"Well, I know what he felt about you, so I figured the more the merrier."

"Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the centuries. But we always make it through."

"Kind of like, uh, you and Rebekah, right?" Well shit, here it comes. "Where is she by the way? Last I checked, she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her."

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother...I've already come clean to Elijah."

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment till dessert."

"We're here to make a deal Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." Klaus chuckles at this.

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself."

__________________________________
More awkward conversation later and we're still not done eating. "Stefan, where is the lovely Elena tonight?" Elijah asks with a smile and Stefan I both cringe at her name. Things are still weird between all of us.

"I don't know ask Damon." Klaus can't help but laugh at our issues.

"I'm sorry you missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise."

"What about Sofia? Damon, are..."

"Sorry, brother they are done too. From what I know it's related to Damon choosing Elena while he was still with Sofia." I glare at him and he enjoys it.

"One more word about Elena and this dinner is over."

"You know what, probably best just to keep Elena and Sofia in the do not discuss pile." I state trying to cover all of our basis.

"You're probably right. It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelganger." And there is to dropping it. "Is still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?"

"Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" Elijah is acting weird now and I want to know more about this.

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guest might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line."

"Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please do tell." I egg on taking another sip of wine.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor. Even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus." Klaus roles his eyes.

"Oh, I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much."

"Wait a minute so you both loved the same girl?" Stefan is enjoying this now.

"Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and she took her. And Klaus and I later learned that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I...grew estranged. Harsh words were traded. We even came to blows. Didn't we, brother?"

"But in the end, we recognized the sacred bond of family."

"Family above...all." They cheer one another as we just wait for the real message to be shared.

Bonnie texts me that they're getting closer to opening the coffin but they need more time. Hopefully, I can give us more and we can be rid of Klaus for good. "So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?"

"Well, it's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange, he and the Original extended family, leave Mystic Falls forever. I, Stefan, Sofia, and Elena get to live happily ever after. No grudges." I lay out the terms of keeping eye contact with Klaus the whole time.

"Deal sounds fair, brother." Elijah states.

"I don't think you understand. I can't do that because Elena's doppelganger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind." Klaus glares at Stefan. "Let's say I do leave her here. Under your protection. What then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse. How long before she dies, caught between your feuding? You see each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her. And that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen...the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is...the two fo you." Wow doesn't even sugar coat it.

"I'm going to get some air." Elijah follows after me.

"What do you say, Klaus? It's time you put something on the table. We've made our offer. Now you counter."

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. See what she needs now is to be rid of you lot, and to fall in love with a human. Maybe the nice football player. You know the blonde one."

"Matt Donovan, really?" I ask annoyed.

"Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life. And pop out a perfect family."

"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelganger to drain. And never run out of hybrids right, Klaus?"

"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her. And in return, I will leave with Sofia Gilbert and..."

"Whoa hold the hell up!" I Interject. "What did you just say?" He smirks at me.

"You lot don't realize the rare treasure you have. I, on the other hand, know how to treat something so amazing."

"Watch how you talk about Sofia." I warn him.

"Why? You tossed her aside like she meant nothing. I, on the other hand, will make her feel like a queen."

"Why would you want to take Sofia?" Stefan jumps in.

"I'm down a witch and I know Sofia would be a great addition."

"She would never go with you."

"Well being with me would be better than watching the man she loves to go after her own sister. Talk about a knife in the heart. Now, do we have a deal?" Stefan goes to shake his hand.

"Nice try Klaus. But no deal." Klaus quickly breaks Stefan's leg and forces him to fall to the ground while he sticks his arm into the fire. Elijah stops me from intervening.

"Stop!" I yell.

"Now bring me back my coffin before I burn him alive."

"I'll bring it." This is not how I thought tonight was going to go.

__________________________________
Sofia's POV

"Thank you, my child, for doing your part." I hear that voice that has been haunting me while I sleep. "You and I will meet soon. Stay strong my child." I sit up freaking out after feeling like someone was touching my arm. I look around and I'm back in my room. It's like nothing happened. I look for my phone and see numerous missed calls and texts from everyone asking where I am. Where have I been and what did I do?

Caroline's dad died and she is keeping it together better than I thought she would but that doesn't mean she isn't hurting any less. She wants to be alone while she copes but I told her I will always be a call away. All of Klaus' siblings are undaggered and that meant Rebekah went after Elena for stabbing her in the back. Which means it's just a normal day in Mystic Falls.

Breakfast was weird but I needed to get caught up on everything that I blacked out on. "It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." Elena explains to us.

"As in the Original witch?"

"What? How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"She most likely did some spell." I state.

"And where have you been? We tried calling..."

"You're not going to believe me. I opened the coffin."

"What?" Damon says.

"I was not in control of myself all I know is I was walking toward it and opened it with just by touching the lid. I did no spell. But it felt like I was being drawn to it."

"Like in your dreams." Elena adds and I nod my head.

"Wait your dreams? Did we miss something?" Damon is confused.

"I've been having nightmares for a while and it all involved the coffin and like Bonnie's, she was drawn to finding her mother and I was drawn to open the coffin."

"Did you know it was their mother?" I shake my head now. "Well, Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family. Including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan is pissed.

"Yeah, well not anymore. At least not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds."

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?"

"Look Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us."

"And we're supposed to believe that?" I state not liking the idea of our plan backfiring on us. We stop talking as the doorbell rings.

"I believe him. Sofia. And so should you." Elena heads to the door to see who it was.

"What is it?" Damon asks as we wait behind her. She hands over a rectangular box with my name on a card in an elegant scroll while she opens her own envelope.

"It's an invitation. Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at even o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration."

"Who the hell are the Mikaelson's?"

"The Original family." I state piecing it all together.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift? What's in your box?" Damon asks me. I set it on the table and open it. I'm met with pure bliss. Inside is the most beautiful red dress I've ever seen. "Uh..." I pick up a card.

"Save me a dance ~ Klaus." I read aloud and Damon is pissed.

"That's just wonderful."

"Wait there's a note on the back." Elena brings us to her invitation. "Elena, I think it's time we finally meet. Esther."

"That's not creepy at all." I state while trying to get the dress box out of Damon's hands.

"Do you not find it weird that the psycho hybrid gave you a dress?"

"I find it weird and flattering. I need a dress for tonight and he saved me looking for one."

"You're not going and neither are you." Damon orders us like children.

"If Esther wants to talk to me maybe I should find out why."

"Well, that's a dumb idea. She already tried to kill you once." Damon argues.

"No, Elena is right. Sofia was led to open the coffin for a reason. I think there's more to this than just some family reunion." Stefan goes against his brother.

"Can we go back in time to the old Stefan who cared if Elena lived or died?"

"She has you for that." I state with slight anger in my voice. Damon glares at me and I just stand my ground. He's not going to intimidate me to feel less than. I know what is right and it has nothing to do with his approval.

"Stefan has a point, Damon. I have to find out what she wants."

"You can't protect yourself."

"No, but I can." I stand with my sister. "Esther or something led me to open the coffin she said we would meet. So why not at this ball?"

"I'll go then." Stefan offers.

"You pissed off enough Originals to last a lifetime. I'll go." Damon rips the invitation out of Elena's hand.

"Hey!"

"End of story." He might have control over Elena but he has none over me. I'm speaking with or at least put a face to the person who's haunted my dreams.

__________________________________
"Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am." Kol won't stop admiring himself in the mirror.

"Ah, Kol you know I can't be compelled." Rebekah admires her nails as Klaus storms into the house.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?" He gets into his sister's face.

"Here we go." She smirks at him with glee.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?"

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you, my father?" Kol eggs on liking the challenge.

"No, Kol. But you're in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside." The two brothers stare each other down.

"Enough!" Esther separates her children. "Niklaus, come. Klaus follows orders reluctantly.

"Rebekah wasn't even out of her box a day before she tried to ruin my life. What happened to peace, acceptance, family?" He asks his mother.

"You put daggers in their hearts. You want them to go down on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them?"

"So, it's a crime to want our family to be as we were?"

"You need to give it time, Niklaus. I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal. I'm here to make sure this family does the same."

"I just don't understand. I killed you, and still, you forgive me." Esther steps forward to her son who looks sad.

"It's been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one. Forgiveness is not a chore. It's a gift. Now, who are you bring to the ball this evening?"

"Don't be ridiculous. You're lucky I'm even going."

"What about Sofia Gilbert?" This throws him off.

"I've been made aware that you and she have a connection." Klaus smirks at this definition of Sofia and him.

"Well, like you mother I did kill her and..."

"She came back. She is strong Niklaus and a worthy partner. I wish you to consider making the evening complete with her."

"She denies my advances mother."

"Most young girls do when they do not know what they want. From what I know she has an open heart for anyone. You should give her a chance." Klaus nods and quickly makes arrangements for the evening. If Sofia is truly to see him for who he is then he needs to show her the best of times.

__________________________________
Sofia's POV

We had to get out of our house and away from the Salvatore brothers. They both think they know what is good for Elena and me but they're wrong. They've had a century to learn from their mistakes but it doesn't seem like they've changed. Caroline finally feels alright after her dads passing to go out in public. "It's all so weird. The Originals are throwing a ball. Like an actual ball." Elena states as I nod while eating my cheese fries. Probably not the best thing to eat before squeezing myself into a tiny dress but I'm stressed.

"It's some twisted Cinderella fetish is what it is. And why does the evil witch want an audience with you?"

"I have no idea. There's only one way to find out."

"I thought you told Damon and Stefan that you two weren't going."

"Well Damon ordered us not to, but he doesn't tell me what to do."

"And it's all of the more reason I need a drama free bodyguard."

"I'm pretty drama free." I point out and Elena shakes her head.

"I'm saying maybe a little more help wouldn't hurt."

"Well, I think a Salvatore would look better in a tux, and by that I mean Stefan."

"Hey speak for yourself. Damon looks good in pretty much everything."

"Uh, I can't deal with either of the Salvatore's right now."

"So are we going to talk about Klaus giving Sofia a diamond bracelet and now a designer dress."

"Seriously it's no big deal."

"Sofia it's a huge deal. Klaus has a thing for you."

"And I don't know why. I've only said horrible things to him and said he's the root of all my problems. In what world does that translate to please give me gifts."

"He so has a thing for her." Caroline won't let it go.

"Okay back to Elena' issue. How is my lying and cheating ex?" I plaster the biggest smile on my face.

"I have no idea about Damon. We don't speak to each other at the moment."

"Already had your first fight and you're not even together." I tease my sister.

"All I know is the emotion Stefan has he's channeling it all against Klaus. And Damon...it's just not a good idea."

"Why? Cause you two made out?" I high five Caroline and Elena looks at us in shock.

"Bonnie and I told her about it when you were dealing with Alaric and Matt." I explain.

"I was gonna tell you Care, it's just after everything happened with your dad..."

"Elena, when you and Matt kissed for the first time Freshman year, you called me the second it happened. I don't hear about this until now? From somebody else?"

"I'm sorry. It's just I..." Elena looks to me.

"Be honest with how you feel Elena. Lying about it to me and everyone only makes it worse."

"I don't know how I feel about it yet. All I do know is that...it just used to be so much easier."

"Careful Caroline." Rebekah comes to stand by our table catching us off guard. "It's al well and good till she stabs you in the back."

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals."

"Get over yourself, Elena. It's not all about you." Rebekah walks off and heads to Matt no less.

"Oh my god. Oh my...she's inviting him to the ball. Why is she inviting him?" Caroline asks us and I shake my head.

"For this reactions, we're giving her." I state.

"What time is this stupid dance?"

__________________________________
Driving in a giant dress is harder than I thought. I could barely see my feet let alone feel the gas pedal. Elena and I are nervous about what we're about to get ourselves into. Will this be our chance to get rid of Klaus or will another plan go to shit? Neither of us has been to Klaus' house and to say it's huge is an understatement. We make our way to the front door and I have to keep my jaw from dropping to see the sight before me. This is the nicest part I've ever been to and I'm lost for words. Letting our coats get checked it we are met with Stefan standing before us. "What are you doing here?" Elena asks him.

"I could ask you two the same thing."

"Surprise, surprise." Damon joins us. "Nice tux." You two aren't supposed to be here."

"Well, we are so deal with it." I stand my ground.

"And we're not leaving until we find out what Esther wants, so shall we?" I let Elena be followed around by each Salvatore as I look for the person who is causing more issues in my life.

I easily spot him trying to charm another woman. What I didn't expect is a smile to appear on his face when he makes eye contact with me. He meets me half way and I can't lie I feel some sort of way when he looks at me. "Good evening." He greets me.

"Is there anything to drink?" I ask looking around.

"Right this way love." Klaus guides me while slightly placing his hand on my lower back as we find the champagne. "You look, exquisite love." He can't help but look me up and down approving of his choice.

"Have I somehow given you the idea that me calling you basically the devil is a way of flirting?" I get straight to the point which seems to make him smile even more.

"On the contrary, I find it endearing."

"You have a weird sense of what this is." I point between us. He catches my hand and holds it and for the first time, I don't find myself pulling away.

"And what is this?"

"Excuse me can I have you gather around." Elijah's voice interrupts us.

"I'll be back love." Klaus waltz's away. I quickly find Elena.

"I have to see Esther alone and Damon won't allow that." She informs me.

"We can handle Damon." I assure her.

"Thank you for joining us. You know whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance." Elena and I lock eyes with Esther herself. "Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So please all of you could please find yourself a partner, and please join us in the ballroom." Elena and I make our way to the stairs to follow after Esther but Damon blocks our way. I try moving around him but he calls Stefan over who takes Elena to the ballroom while he drags me to do the waltz.

"No! I'm not a..." I silence myself as I'm forced to fall in line with everyone. I hate dancing with a passion mostly because I'm not good at it. I was terrified when I was in the Miss Mystic Falls, but Damon eased my nerves. I liked it when Matt and I danced because he went easy on me and it was just swaying with a few twirls and a dip here and there. But the waltz has me wanting to throw up. "Relax." Damon whispers but it's easier said than done. "The psychotic dick does have great taste. You look beautiful." He compliments me which is one of the few nice things he's said to me in weeks.

"I want to throw up." I say I still shake with nerves. "I hate dancing and..."

"You're doing fine. Just like old times."

"Elena needs to meet with Esther. "

"She's not doing it Sofia, it's too dangerous."

"And when did you make her decisions for her?" It came time for us to switch partners and I'm thrust into the arms of none other than Klaus.

"Hello love." He smiles at me with what I can only pinpoint as joy.

"Thank you for the dress it saved me from searching for something to wear." I still feel myself shaking but somehow it's less when I'm dancing with Klaus.

"And wearing the bracelet was what?" He smirks at me. I look to the ground trying to hide my embarrassment but he can tell. "You never answered my question on what this is."

"You killed me and my aunt. You've tortured my friends and family all for making hybrids."

"And yet you still stay in my arms even when we were supposed to switch partners." I can't hide the fact that he's right. I should want nothing to do with him. I should hate him for all eternity but I still weirdly enough find myself drawn to him. It's something I don't want to admit because it's so wrong.

"I need some air." I excuse myself and head outside not wanting to be suffocated by his questions. I find it ironic to see a horse-drawn carriage outside Klaus' mansion. I reach out to pet the horse finding comfort in such a gentle creature.

"You like horses." Of course, he followed me out here.

"What is your weird fascination with me? I hate you. You caused so much pain in my life."

"I fancy you." My jaw drops and that makes him smile. "Is that so hard to believe?"

"Yes, hell yes it's hard to believe. Let me remind you again I tried to kill you and you definitely killed me. You should want nothing to do with me and I sure as I hell want nothing to do with you."

"You're beautiful. Strong, full of light and this passion for life that inspires me."

"This is so wrong." I try to leave but Klaus grabs my arm and twirls me into him and I rest my hands on his chest. I haven't been this close to him since the night he killed Jenna.

"What makes this wrong? I know you feel something too or you wouldn't continue talking to me with this hate you have for me."

"I just don't see the things you see in me." I look down but he lifts my chin up to look at him.

"And that's a shame. You are the most exquisite person I've ever met in my thousand years of life."

"Even when you were killing anyone that dared to disagree with you."

"I like people who think differently it makes life interesting." He remarks and I go back to looking at the horse and slightly pull myself away from his hold. "You know, horses are the opposite of people. They're loyal. My father hunted me for a thousand years, and the closest he ever came was the day he killed my favorite horse. He...he severed its neck with a sword as a warning."

"Did you ever sit down and talk your issues out with your father?" I ask him.

"I'm afraid my relationship with my father was a little more complex than yours."

"Maybe so, You killed your father and I lost mine to a horrible accident. I love and miss him every day knowing he won't be here for the big events in my life. No one is born a monster Klaus we only become one through our actions."

"And is that what you see in me? Am I a monster." My answer should be yes because he has killed people I love. But like when I saw the good in Damon there was reasoning behind every decision. No one is more morally correct than the other.

"Honestly, no. You're far from a monster. You're someone who wants his family to love him and be with him for all eternity. No one can fault you for it." Klaus smiles at me and holds out his arm for me.

"Come, love, they're about to pass out the champagne." I follow him inside and we all cheer to one another and I find myself not wanting to leave his side. The killer who caused me so much pain is someone I'm craving to be around. "Let me show you something that might interest you." He whispers and I see Elena who nods her head letting me know she's fine.

__________________________________
Klaus leads me to a room that has a giant grand piano and other musical instruments. "I was told that you fancy the arts."

"I can carry a tune or two on the violin."

"From what I've learned you can do more than just that." He picks up one of the nicest violins I've ever seen in my life. "You're what most would call a prodigy." He hands the violin to me.

"You really want to hear my play?"

"I would love nothing more." I pick up the violin and feel at peace as I begin to play losing myself in the music. When I string the last note Klaus claps. "Mozart would be more than proud."

"Of course you knew Mozart."
"I love learning about passions of yours."

"It's weird you know so much about me and I know little to nothing about you."

"Allow me to show you something." I follow Klaus as he opens the doors to another giant room. This one is full of art and supplies. "This is one of my passions."

"Impressive. I take it the curators at The Louvre aren't on vervain." I state admiring one of the landscape pieces.

"Yeah, well that's their mistake." Klaus smiles at me.

"What about this?" I show my wrist that has the bracelet he gave me. "Where did you get this from?"

"Well that's a long story, but rest assured it was worn by a princess almost as beautiful as you."

"Does that line actually work on women? Or are they usually compelled?"

"Is it so wrong for me to want to charm you?"

"Actions speak louder than words." I state and I notice that some of the art are on sketch pads that means someone was producing them. "Wait...did you do these?" I ask him.

"Yeah, actually one of my landscapes is hanging at the Hermitage, not that anyone would notice."

"Humble." I joke and he laughs.

"Have you been?"

"I've never been anywhere. Besides traveling a few states away for cheer camp and a few violin camps. But never that far from home." I say with a frown.

"I'll take you."

"Really?"

"Wherever you want. Rome, Paris Tokyo?"

"Wow, you know how to woo a girl."

"Am I changing your mind about me?"

"Why are you really interested in me?"
"I've already told you..."

"I've been told similar things before and I was thrown to the side like I meant nothing."

"I'm not the fool Damon Salvatore is."

"I know you want me to spill my heart out and tell you yes. Everything we've talked about tonight has made me see you as a different person. But..."

"You can't." Klaus hangs his head low.

"Not yet. With time maybe but...I've thought people changed and it's backfired on me."

"It's caused you to be guarded. You're protecting your heart so you won't get hurt."

"Thank you for the wonderful evening, Klaus."

"Let me take you home."

"That won't be a good idea I..."

"It's the gentleman thing to do. I won't make any advances."

"You're something else, Klaus."

"The same can be said for you Sofia."

__________________________________
In true Klaus fashion, he has us ride back to my house in the horse-drawn carriage. He's really milking this fairytale night. We pull up to my house and find myself not wanting to leave his side. "You seemed nervous while we were dancing. Is it because others would see us?" He seems hurt when he says this.

"Actually I'm a terrible dancer and hate dancing in general. I was nervous because I wanted to vomit from having to do the waltz."

"You don't give yourself enough credit love. You were excellent."

"You seem to think very highly of me."

"It's hard not to when you amaze me."

"Thank you for the wonderful night, Klaus. Weirdly enough I enjoyed myself and that was partly to you."

"Is that so?" Klaus leans in and brushes a stray hair out of my face. What the hell is happening? This is straight out of a fairytale. He stops himself and for a moment I wish he didn't. "I will honor my agreement and I will not make further advances on you tonight."

"But..."

"Doesn't mean I won't give up making you see how wonderful you are."

Any thoughts?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

5.3K 154 21
,,My name is Hailey Carter-Mikaelson.When I was little, Rebekah found me by the side of a road and saved me. She was like a mother and an older siste...
29.6K 716 40
when y/n goes back to mystic falls she may just get more then she asked for with her confusing relationships with the TVD men *This story doesn't re...
113K 2.6K 49
What if before the Mikaelsons were turned, Kol had a great love, who was spelled by Esther to reincarnate every time she died? Join Brenna on her jou...