Little Leaps

By xFakingaSmilex

As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more... More

Little Leaps
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
⋆ OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY ⋆

Chapter Twenty-Seven

6.4K 335 26
By xFakingaSmilex

Charlotte races into the bedroom and frowns. She places her hands on her hips and taps her foot against the floor. I roll over and nuzzle my face into the squishy pillow. The blanket provides a nice layer of warmth which makes me sigh with content. There's nothing she can say that'll make me leave this bed.

"Why the hell are you still in bed? Everyone is going to be arriving soon and you aren't dress!"

"Because I'm super comfortable in bed. I think it's the after affects of the spa day. This is so good, I thought I wasn't going to stop stressing about the wedding."

"If you don't get dressed, you're not coming to dinner, and we won't be bringing leftovers."

"That's so mean." I pout.

"Get dressed otherwise you're going to be in so much trouble!"

She storms out of the room and I burst into laughter. I haven't been scolded like that in a very long time. Ugh, thank goodness I live with Blake now.

    I muster up some strength and climb out of bed. The warm blankets look comfortable but my stomach rumbles with hunger. I could do with a smorgasbord of food about three hours ago.

    Nora wanders into the room with a small smile.

    "Hey Ava, I'm supposed to help you get ready."

    "Don't worry, I don't need a babysitter. I realised I'm hungry and now I feel motivated to leave the house and maybe apply some makeup."

    "That's a mood." She laughs.

    Nora sits on the bed while I wander into the bathroom. I splash water on my face and try it with a hand towel. I apply moisturizer before digging out my bag of makeup from under the sink. Eyeshadow and lipstick should be enough.

    I collect the makeup I want and leap onto the bed. Nora raises an eyebrow and I hold up the bag and smile.

    "I'm still getting ready, just in comfort."

    I slide under the covers and open the eyeshadow pallet. She watches as I dust a sparkly brown over my eyelids. I snap it shut and move onto the mascara.

"Is that all you're doing?" She gasps.

"I'm applying mascara and lipstick."

"What about foundation, highlighter,  false eyelashes, eyebrow gel and all that other stuff?"

"Some highlighter would be nice because sparkles makes everything good." I nod.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're not wearing makeup."

"I'm wearing enough besides, my fiance isn't even going to be there."

    "You're already comfortable and you're not even married!"

    "Thankfully, Blake doesn't care about this stuff." I grin.

    "You're lucky you found Blake." She sighs.

    "Let's be honest, I'm beyond lucky!"

    Once I've applied the rest of my makeup, she leaves and I change into a tight white dress and white wedges. Charlotte purchased a black sash with 'bride to be' which I thought was stupid until I saw the sparkles on it.

     When I enter the kitchen, Charlotte hands me a glass of champagne and I eagerly sip it. Music plays from a speaker on the kitchen bench which creates a neat atmosphere.

Mum and Angela wander into the kitchen with a bright smiles.

    "You look wonderful." The pair tug me into a hug and kiss my cheek.

    "Thank you for coming!" I smile.

    "I can't believe you're getting married tomorrow." Mum beams with happiness.

    "Honestly, I keep waiting for someone to pinch me." I laugh.

    "No pinching! I'll keep saying it, I'm happy Blake found you!"

    "Thank you so much, Angela."

    "Once you're married, we want a Paris or a Dallas." Angela laughs.

    "Are you sure about Paris? I thought we decided we liked Milan."

    "Oh my goodness, you're talking about baby names already?"

    "What do you think about yellow for the nursery? I think yellow would be a stunning colour."

    "Can I enjoy married life before I have another baby?"

    "You have your whole life to be married but children, there's a shelf life on that." Angela sighs.

    "I need another drink or three." I shake my head.

    I twirl around and polish off the drink I have. Blake would be buzzing at the idea of having a baby right now, but I don't know, it's not right.

    The doorbell rings and I make a run for the door. I swing it open and smile.

    "Hey, Grace! I'm glad you could make it."

    "Thank you for inviting me."   

    I guide her to the kitchen and pass her a champagne flute.

    "This is my mother, Eleanor, and my soon-to-be-mother-in-law, Angela."

    "Hello." Angela smiles.

    "You must be Grace, Axel's girlfriend."

    "Yes." She nods.

    "He's a wonderful guy." Mum smiles.

    "If I was younger, I'd snap him up." Angela laughs.

    Oh boy, who's idea was it to include these two? I'm sure it'll get worse as the night progresses.

    "Finish your drinks! Reservations are for six-thirty. I'm starving so let's move quickly," I shout.

    Everyone laughs and finishes their drinks. We pile into the cars and head to the restaurant.

* * * * *

    After dinner, Mum and Angela drop us at the clubs. Charlotte loops her arm through mine and yanks me to the front of the line. The tall bouncer looks us up and down and frowns.

    "Are you sure we aren't supposed to line up?"

    "Don't worry, I sorted everything, tonight is going to be amazing."

    "VIP booking under Ava Greyson," Charlotte shouts.

    He looks at the clipboard, then unclips the rope and steps to the side. A smile spreads across my lip as we charge forward. We're given our passes and shuffled into the club.

    Charlotte yanks me towards the bar but I pull her to the dancefloor.

    "Can't I enjoy a couple of songs before we drink?"

    "You dance, I'll order drinks." She smiles.

    Charlotte races over to Nora and Grace while I move through the dancefloor. I throw my arms in the air and bop to the music. Arms wrap around my waist and I leap forward. I'm spun around, arm in the air ready to strike.

    "Blake?" I shout.

    "I'm sorry for scaring you, the music is too loud."

    Our lips collide and his arms tighten around my waist. I run my fingers through his hair and moans with delight. I've missed him so much. His lips tickle my ear and I laugh.

    "You look gorgeous. I love this dress on you." His hands slide over my body.

    "Thank you." I grin.

    Our lips meet and I tug him closer. His hand slides up my back and into my hair.

    "You can save that for the honeymoon."

Charlotte grabs my arm, and Axel takes Blake's. He grabs my hand and we told on until his fingertips slide through mine.

    "I love you, Ava." He shouts just as the club goes quiet.

    People turn around and frown but Blake pumps his fist into the air and smiles.

    "I'm getting married tomorrow."

    The crowd cheers and my cheeks go bright red.

    "We need shots and a new dancefloor that doesn't have the boys," says Nora.

    "But this dancefloor is perfect." I pout.

"One more night and then you can spend the rest of them with him," Char comments.

    I allow the girls to pull me away because I need to enjoy tonight. Hopefully, it goes quicker if it feels like I'm having fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 6.6K 52
Emotions are what makes us human, especially love. Caring for other individuals keeps our humanity intact. But, what's Peri to think when the very fe...
189K 7.3K 43
He looked at her the way she needed to be looked at. The whole world could crumble but he wouldn't blink. She felt the passion but could she let him...
39.9K 428 20
Being part of The Next Step Dance Studio is a dream coming true. She still can't believe she got in. But even though it all sounds amazing, it's not...
1.6K 50 33
There are some things so horrible that we can't even think about it. Things that happen in the past. You bury them deep so no one will ever possibly...