Within His Protection (Tokyo...

By AshidaTsukimiya

A girl named Seijo Yukari was born with an outstanding ability to regenerate and is very advantageous to Ghou... More

*Note*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
*Note*
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111: END
*Note* (Altered Worlds)

Chapter 15

5.4K 209 25
By AshidaTsukimiya

Chapter 15

I started devouring them by taking parts from each of them. They all taste the same.

They all taste like rotten fish guts. It makes me want to vomit them out.

"What are you doing?"

That voice... The person who spoke was Touka-chan.

"Disgusting. You ate Ghouls again." She said.

I stopped from eating them and turned to face her.

"Touka-chan." I said.

"What's with this girl?" She pointed at Yukari.

I looked away as I did not want to talk about what I have done to her.

"Kaneki-kun.." She said as her expression changed into a worried one.

"I know. I'm too much of a monster. I can't control myself anymore. It seems that.. I'm becoming more and more like Rize-san.." I said.

"What are you gonna do? If you can't control your lust for flesh, then who's gonna protect her? You know that she's always targeted by Ghouls." Touka-chan said.

"I know. That's why, I want you to look after her." I said.

"What?!" She exclaimed.

"Please, Touka-chan. I can only trust her to you. It's only a matter of time before she enters school again. You are the only one who can supervise her." I begged.

She let out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. I'll do it." She said while frowning.

"Thank you, Touka-chan." I said.

(Seijo Yukari)

Little by little, I started to hear some rustlings. Though, it was really quiet, I can hear something. It's like my senses are awake..

I can feel my weight being pressed on a soft bed.. I'm still alive? I slowly opened my eyes.

As my vision adjusts to the light, I can see a ceiling. I see.. I'm in Anteiku. I felt bandages wrapped around my head.

It's still pounding a little hard, though. But, I removed it. These regenerative powers are quite something. I went to the washroom and look at the mirror. No scar at all. That's a relief..

So, at that time, Kaneki-kun didn't finish me. And, what's more, the knife is still with me. Maybe, he's back to his senses? But, that doesn't change the fact that he tried to kill me.

Unforgivable. I won't let him try to kill me again. He's really going to meet his end. I took my phone and started dialing CCG's number.

"What are you doing?"

Kaneki appeared at the entrance of the door. Shoot! He really appears out of nowhere silently! I turned to him. I quickly drew my dagger.

"Don't you move an inch from your place!" I stated as I pointed the dagger at him.

"Why are you holding your phone?" He asked.

"It has nothing to do with you!" I shouted.

"You gonna call CCG?" He said as he smirked.

"So what if I am?!" I stated angrily.

"You're such a stubborn child." He said.

He took a step forward.

"Call the doves if you want." He said as he took another step.

"But, are you making the right choice?" He asked.

As he draws near, I'm starting to feel nervous. Anytime soon, I'll start shivering.

"D-Don't come any closer!!" I shouted.

"Do you know what happens to the Ghoul investigators who were sent here?" He asked.

He took another step closer. He chuckled evilly.

"I'll tell you. They all die." He said.

He walked closer to me. I moved a step back.

"It would mean, clearly a waste." He said.

He walked towards me and cornered me. I tried to hit him with the blade but, he caught my hand and pinned me into the wall.

"What are you gonna do if I killed them all? Wouldn't that increase the people I killed?" He smirked.

"S-Shut up!" I shouted.

"Think wisely, Yukari. Use the opportunities in the right way. Don't let it go to waste. If you continue to do that.." He smirked.

"You might end up being killed.." He whispered at my ear.

He released me and walked away. I felt scared which had me weak to my knees. He's a monster.. that will never change.. I can't trust him. I will never trust him.

I held the knife that I was holding tighter. I carry on with my revenge. I won't be foolish to think that the old Ken would be back..

*Knock!* *Knock!*

In front of the door was Yoshimura-san.

"I'm sorry but, it seems that I came at a wrong time." He said.

"No.. It's.. okay.." I said.

"I heard about what Kaneki-kun did to you." He said.

He approached me. Somehow.. the manager is very kind and I can't lift a finger against him.. I felt like, I could trust him.. I could depend on him.

"I understand how you feel.. but, Kaneki-kun is a half-Ghoul. No matter how you look at it, he really needs to devour humans for him to survive.." He said.

"That's not it.. Even if he needs to kill, why would he kill a person who's close to him..? Why is it like that..? Am I of no value to him..? In his eyes, he can only see me as a prey and nothing more." I said.

He smiled gently. He patted my head.

"You don't mind hearing Kaneki-kun's past, do you?" He said.

"Eh.. Yes." I said as it perked up my interest.

"Brace yourself. This is going to be a long one." He said with a smile.

He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to begin talking.

"In the past, the Kaneki-kun you knew still exists. However, Kashimiro Rize's organs were transplanted on him due to the accident they've caught. His body changed into a Ghoul's but, his heart of a human's stayed the same. However, Rize being hunted by Aogiri Tree for some reason, they took Kaneki-kun instead." He stated.

"Wait, what is Aogiri Tree?" I asked.

"They're an organization of Ghouls working for a common goal. That is the annihilation of anyone who set their faces against." He said.

"So, what happened to Kaneki-kun?" I asked.

"Their leader, the One-eyed owl, has no use of him so Jason of the 13th ward took him and subjected him into an intense torture." He said in a serious tone.

"Torture..? Why would he do that?" I asked.

"Jason is a torture-loving binge eater. He underwent that torture himself to protect himself. Resulting in another personality created within him. Since then, he practiced cannibalism which made him stronger."

"Cannibalism?! But, that's.."

"That's right.. Due to that torturous life that Kaneki-kun had experienced, he accepted.. no, more like, he surpassed the demon inside of him and murdered Jason mercilessly." He stated.

"F-For real..? K-Kaneki-kun killed him..?"

"He had seen a large number of deaths due to Jason's doing that's why, he decided to get stronger himself. All he wanted was to protect everyone."

I see.. Kaneki-kun has a reason why he was killing.. I felt a little bad about the way I acted towards him. I wanted to kill him..

"As much as possible, Kaneki-kun didn't devour humans. He consumes Ghouls instead." Yoshimura-san said.

"W-What?! So.. He practices cannibalism?!" I exclaimed surprised.

"That's right." Yoshimura-san slightly nodded.

I can't believe it.. The Kaneki-kun before.. and now is different.. I still can't believe it..

"Yukari-chan.. I know it's hard for you to understand." He said.

He gently stroked my head with a smile.

"But, I wish you would consider Kaneki-kun's condition even just a little.." He said.

I looked away still not persuaded enough by his words.

"I'll tell you something nice." He said.

I looked back at him which showed my interest.

"Kaneki-kun treasures you so much." He stated with a smile.

"What? You've gotta be kidding me." I said in disbelief.

"You don't know how Kaneki-kun stays all night watching over you when you were knocked out unconscious."

"What?" I stated surprised.

"Every minute, he would check on you. He would never rest. He has never took his eyes away from you. He was very worried for you." He said still smiling.

The manager is clearly enjoying this.

"You don't have to fool me. There's no way I'd ever trust that guy again." I said as I looked away with a pout.

"No, Yukari-chan. All I have been saying were the truth. Notice how he always saves you from Ghouls? It clearly shows his concern for you." He said.

"I-I don't buy it!" I said as I felt my cheeks feel hot.

"I hope you understand how Kaneki-kun feels about you. And, I really do hope that you understand his situation." He said as he stood up.

He walked towards the exit but, he stopped midway.

"Oh, all the things that I've told you will be our little secret, okay?" He said while chuckling gently.

He left with a smile on his face. He looks satisfied and optimistic. Hmph..

Argh! Whatever! I don't wanna think about Kaneki-kun anymoooore!!!

End of Chapter 15

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.5K 19
How unexpected it was that your new classmates were ghouls. And so were the following events after. *ghoul x human* ~~ RANKING: #46 in Tokyo [COMPLE...
8K 166 13
"Then why do I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime you look into my eyes? Why can't I look away from those possessing eyes everytime our glances...
12.3K 244 16
Y/N didn't live the best of lives. At the young age of eight he came home to discover his parents murdered. It was later discovered that ghouls were...
1.5K 45 27
You had been held as a test subject since birth, never knowing happiness or a better life you finally escape in hopes of finding that. However you s...