In My Life (A Norman Reedus S...

Oleh XO18XO

It had been fifteen years since Sally last saw him. Fifteen years of trying to move on and trying to forget h... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter Four

1.2K 33 4
Oleh XO18XO

Chapter 4

“Lollipop!” Sally jumped a mile when Sean’s voice came booming from above her.

She was ducked behind the counter sorting receipts and almost hit her head when she jumped. She looked up at Sean who was peering over the counter at her. He had a huge grin on his face as he attempted to subside his laughing.

Sally took the lollipop out of her mouth.

“You scared me, you fucker,” she said upset.

Sean burst out laughing and Sally got up from off the floor.

“What do you want?” she asked annoyed by his behavior.

“Is Buttercup here?” he asked still laughing.

Sean had continued his habit of nicknaming everyone by giving Morgan the nickname of buttercup being that she loved Reese’s peanut butter cups and usually always had them on hand.

“No, Buttercup is out to lunch,” Sally said not trying to hide the annoyance in her voice.

“Awe, what’s wrong, Lollipop? Are you upset that Reedenstein is gone?” he asked leaning his elbow on the counter.

Sally rolled her eyes and started to go back to counting the receipts. She was doing her best to ignore the fact that Norman was in New York for a two week modeling job. He’d been gone a week already and Sally was running out of things to keep herself preoccupied.

“That’s it, isn't it?” Sean teased Sally and nudged her shoulder slightly.

Sally looked up at Sean annoyed and took the lollipop out of her mouth.

“Can I help you with something?” she asked hoping to change the subject.

“Nope. I’m just going to wait for your sister to get here. I’ve got big news,” he said and drummed his hands on the counter.

“Well, can you wait for her in the back because you are annoying me,” she said to Sean hoping he’d get the hint.

“Alright, alright,” Sean said holding his hands up to surrender. “I’ll behave,” he said and went to look around.

Sally shook her head and sat back down behind the counter continuing her task. She felt her eyes start to water as she thought about Norman in New York. Even though he said he would, he hadn’t called her. She knew he was probably busy and they were time zones away from each other, but she still expected at least one phone call. She didn’t think it was too much to ask.

Sally sighed heavily attempting to stop her tears that were threatening to spill. She almost choked on her lollipop when she heard a large crash come from somewhere in the store. She bolted up from behind the counter to see Sean standing still with a C.D. in his hand. A pile of C.D.s and a display case laid at his feet.

“Oops,” Sean said quietly.

At first Sally burst out laughing. He looked so ridiculous standing there like a deer in headlights. Unfortunately her laughing turned into tears and she found herself crying uncontrollably.

“Sally?” Sean asked worried by her reaction. He jumped over the pile that was at his feet and went to comfort her.

“I’m sorry, I’ll fix it,” he said and wrapped his arms around the crying girl.

Sally buried her head in Sean’s chest and she could feel him rest his chin on the top of her head. She shook her head no as she cried.

“No, you don’t want my help?” he asked pulling away to look at Sally’s face.

“No, that’s not why I’m crying,” she said and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“What is it?” Sean asked concerned.

“Have you heard from him? Has he at least called you?” she asked looking up at Sean.

Sean was speechless. He didn’t think Sally was as upset about Norman being gone as she was. He would have never teased her about it if he knew she’d respond that way.

“No, I haven’t heard from him,” Sean said shaking his head. “But I’m sure he’s fine. He’s probably just busy,” Sean said trying to comfort Sally.

“I just don’t understand why he hasn't called me,” she said sounding sad.

Sean felt bad for Sally. He figured out fast that she wore her emotions on her sleeve and being with someone in the business that he and Norman were in would be difficult for her.

“I’m sorry he hasn't called. He’s an idiot,” Sean said quietly.

“Yeah, he is,” Sally agreed attempting to fix the black makeup around her eyes.

“SAL! I’m back!” Morgan shouted as she entered the store.

Sally walked away from Sean and went back to her receipts.

“Sally! What the fuck happened to the display case!?” Morgan asked in shock.

“Why don’t you ask your boyfriend?” Sally said not looking up. She knew she looked like she had been crying and the last thing she wanted was for Morgan to make a fuss.

Morgan finally realized Sean was standing at the counter.

“Baby!” she said excitedly and ran up to him. She set the bag of food on the counter and embraced him in a hug and kiss. Sally looked up slightly and saw Sean grab Morgan’s ass. She averted her eyes wishing they would both just go away.

“Hey Buttercup,” Sean said once their kiss broke.

“What are you doing here and why are you destroying the store?” Morgan asked giggling.

“Well, I have some good news,” he said keeping his arms wrapped around Morgan’s waist and his hands planted firmly on her ass.

“What is it? You know I hate surprises,” she said sounding excited. Sally was ready to scream at them they were being overly annoying.

“I got the role,” he said simply.

Morgan gasped out loud and embraced Sean in a tight hug.

“Oh my God! Sean! That’s amazing!” she said happily.

Sally looked up confused at the two. She was now curious as to what role Sean got.

“Sally! Can you believe it?” Morgan asked looking at her sister.

“No, because I have no idea what you are talking about,” Sally said smiling at her sister’s excitement.

“Sean just got his first lead role in a major movie production!” Morgan said jumping up and down.

Sally was shocked. She looked up into Sean’s eyes and he nodded as if to say it was true.

“Wow, Sean, congratulations,” Sally said shocked. She wasn't expecting that news at all.

“We begin shooting in four months,” he said happily.

“Baby, I am so proud of you,” Morgan said turning around and kissing Sean on the lips. Their make out session soon turned heated and Sally had reached her limit.

“Jesus, go in the back if you’re going to do that,” Sally said annoyed.

Without breaking their kiss, Sean grabbed the bag of food and he and Morgan stumbled to the back slamming the break room door in the process.

Sally looked up towards the mess that Sean had left from the collapsed display case. She sighed heavily and went to clean it up.

---

Sally made Morgan man the register as she did inventory at work that day. Norman was due to come home after his two week modeling job in New York and she had not once heard from him. Her level of irritability was so high that she couldn't handle dealing with people. Morgan knew better than to argue with her sister, so she sat diligently behind the counter.

Sally sat on the floor with a lollipop in her mouth as she counted the C.D.s in front of her. She did her best to concentrate, but her mind kept going back to Norman. She was frustrated as she counted the pile of C.D.s in front of her for a fifth time.

“Sally?” she heard a familiar raspy voice say from behind her. She stopped what she was doing, but didn't turn around.

Norman noticed her freeze and got concerned when she didn't turn around or seem excited to see him.

“Sally?” he said a little louder.

Sally turned sideways and looked up at Norman. She didn’t smile or even really react to seeing his face.

“Norman,” she said greeting him coldly.

“I thought you’d be a little more excited to see me,” he said sounding surprised by her response. It had been two weeks and he missed her. He’d hoped she missed him.

“Really? I should be excited to see you? You’re such an ass,” she said shaking her head and turning to go back to counting the C.D.s.

“What the hell is your problem?” he asked raising his voice.

“My problem? What the hell is your problem?” Sally asked loudly.

“I don’t have a problem. You’re the one with the attitude,” Norman said confused by Sally’s behavior.

Sally stood up, so she could face Norman. As she did, she noticed Morgan’s concerned face looking towards them. She walked towards the back hoping Norman would follow her and he did.

Sally waited until Norman shut the door before she started talking again.

“I have an attitude because you were gone for two weeks and didn't call me once. Not one time, Norman,” she said upset.  “And I’m supposed to be all happy and giddy when you walk through that door? Screw you.”

“I’m sorry that I was busy and I didn’t call you! I figured it would suck to call you and only be able to talk for thirty seconds. Excuse me for thinking you’d be annoyed by that,” Norman said matching Sally’s tone.

“You don’t know what it’s like, Norman. Being here while you’re off with all these gorgeous people in a gorgeous city doing God knows what. It sucks! The least you could do was call me to let me know you were thinking of me,” she said crossing her arms in front of her.

“I can’t help that my job took me to New York for two weeks. I never said this was going to be easy. And I was thinking of you. All the time. I picked something up for you almost every day,” he said throwing his backpack on the couch.

Sally looked over at the bag and back at Norman. He looked angry, but underneath the rough exterior, Sally could tell there was hurt behind his eyes.

“You got me stuff?” she asked quietly.

Norman’s face softened slightly and he nodded.

Sally ran up to Norman and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss. It was an intense kiss as Sally unleashed all of her anger and frustration. Norman matched the intensity as Sally felt his hands grab at her waist forcefully pulling her hips into his.

Sally pulled back from the kiss breathing heavily.

“Now that was the greeting I was hoping for,” Norman said with a smirk on his face.

“I missed you,” she said quietly looking down into his chest.

“I missed you too,” he said rubbing his hands up and down her back causing her to shiver.

Sally looked up into Norman’s face and blushed as he looked back down on her.

“I’m sorry for yelling. It just really sucked not being able to talk to you for two weeks,” she said quietly.

“It sucked for me too, but I knew only being able to have a few seconds of a conversation would suck even more,” he said hugging her tightly.

Sally nodded but didn't respond to Norman. She knew he was probably right.

“Do you want to see what I got you?” he asked pulling back to look at Sally’s face. She nodded and they walked over to the couch.

Sally sat down and smiled as Norman handed his back pack over to her.

Norman wasn't kidding. He had gotten her something for everyday that he was gone. It was all music note and piano themed. He had gotten her a musical note necklace, a small piano box to hold keepsakes, a charm bracelet that had several charms on it already, and other small trinkets.

“Norman, you didn't have to do all that,” she said surprised by all the gifts.

“I know. I couldn't help myself. When I saw something that reminded me of you, I had to buy it,” he said shrugging.

Sally leaned over and hugged Norman tightly. She leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. This time their kiss was more controlled. She allowed for their lips to linger together and granted Norman’s tongue access to her mouth. Norman pulled Sally onto his lap so she was straddling him not allowing for their lips to part. Sally felt Norman’s hands grab her ass and squeeze tightly eliciting a small moan to escape her lips.

Sally broke the kiss and sat up looking down at Norman. Again he had the smirk on his face that drove her absolutely insane.

“I’m glad you’re back,” she said not getting off his lap.

“Me too,” he said reaching for his cigarettes.

Sally got off Norman knowing he’d want to be going outside to smoke.

Norman got off the couch and grabbed Sally’s hand pulling her towards the back door and she followed willingly. Once they were outside, he lit his cigarette.

“So are you coming with us tomorrow night?” Norman asked as he took a long drag from his cigarette.

“What’s tomorrow night?” Sally asked.

“We’re going out to celebrate Sean’s movie,” Norman said blowing smoke straight up into the air.

“Oh, yeah, of course,” she said nodding.

“He’s pretty excited,” Norman said smiling.

“He should be. That’s an amazing opportunity for him,” Sally said leaning against the wall and watched Norman. She admired his physique.

Norman noticed Sally was staring at him and he walked closer to her wrapping his arms around her waist.

“You like your gifts?” he asked with his cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

“I love them,” she said.

Norman took the cigarette from his mouth and threw it on the ground before attacking Sally’s lips once again.

---

“Come over,” Sally heard Norman say over the phone.

“What? It’s almost midnight,” she said quietly as she curled up on the couch in the living room.

Morgan was moping around the apartment as Sean was on location for his movie. He’d been gone for two weeks already and Sally empathized all too well with what her sister was going through. Because of Sean being gone, Sally had been more conscious of spending time with Morgan and leaving little time for her a Norman.

“Please,” Norman said almost whining.

Sally watched as Morgan walked from their bedroom into the kitchen. She was dragging her feet and she looked like she may have been crying. She went straight for the Oreos.

“I don’t know. Mo isn’t in the best of mood today,” Sally said cautiously keeping an eye on her sister.

“All the more reason that you should come over here. I’m bored. My best friend is gone. Come console me,” he did his best attempt at convincing Sally she needed to come over to his place.

“Oh really, Norman? Don’t you think you are laying it on pretty thick?” she asked giggling at him. He was acting pathetic.

“Is it working?” he asked and Sally could tell he was smirking.

She paused looking up at her sister eating the Oreos. “Maybe,” she said simply.

“What if I said I was lonely and I missed you,” he said lowering his voice causing shivers to run down Sally’s arms.

“But you just saw me yesterday,” she teased.

“Over 24 hours ago! What type of person do you think I am to handle not seeing you!” he said sounding exacerbated.

Sally laughed into the phone keeping a close eye on her sister.

“I don’t know,” she said unsure of what she should do.

“Just go,” Morgan said as she walked past Sally and back into the bedroom.

“Did she say what I think she said?” Norman asked excitedly.

“Let me call you back,” Sally said and hung up before Norman could respond.

She walked into the bedroom and saw Morgan laying facing the wall.

“Mo, are you okay?” Sally asked from the doorway.

“I’m fine,” she said not turning around.

“I don’t really feel comfortable leaving you here to sulk,” Sally said shifting as she leaned against the doorframe of their bedroom.

Morgan rolled over to face her sister.

“You should go see him. There’s no reason that you need to be here, Sal. Go see him,” she said smiling slightly at her sister.

Sally stood there debating whether her sister truly meant for her to go to Norman’s or not.

“Okay, I’ll be back,” Sally said and grabbed her zip up hoodie.

“Have fun,” Morgan said unenthusiastically as she rolled back over.

Sally paused and looked at her sister before turning the light off.

---

Norman looked at the door curiously when he heard a small light knock on the other end. It was almost one in the morning and wasn't sure who would be knocking on his door.

He put his cigarette out and got up. The knocking continued, so he opened the door a crack to see who was standing on the other side.

“Sally,” he said smiling at the girl who was dressed all in black and had a hood covering her head.

“You look surprised,” she said walking into Norman’s apartment.

“I am,” he admitted.

“You invited me,” she said laughing taking her hoodie off.

“I honestly never thought you’d actually follow through with the invite,” he said and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I guess I’m just full of surprises,” she said leaning her head up to kiss Norman. He eagerly accepted her kiss tightening his arms around her waist pulling their bodies closer together.

Norman lead Sally into the living room and they sat down on the couch together. It was quiet in the apartment and she noticed a book sitting on the coffee table.  The apartment looked spotless signifying that Norman was probably being honest when he said he was bored without Sean around and that he took to cleaning.

“I’m sorry you miss him,” Sally said looking over at Norman.

“It’s all part of the game, right?” he asked lighting another cigarette.

Sally nodded because she knew it was true. There’d be a time that Norman would be gone again and she’d be in Morgan’s position.

“I got the proofs of the modeling I did in New York a couple of months ago,” Norman said pulling out a book of photos that was under a small pile of papers.

He handed Sally the book and she excitedly started turning through the pages.

“Wow, Norman, these look amazing,” she said staring at each picture. She couldn't help but stare. Norman looked gorgeous in all the pictures. The way he looked at the camera gave her chills.

“Thanks,” he said quietly.

“No, really, these are great,” she said looking up at Norman. He bit his lower lip and nodded.

Sally stared at his face memorizing all his features. She wasn't sure what it was about her that Norman was attracted to. She felt as though he could get any girl.

“What?” Norman asked noticing Sally was sitting there staring at him.

“I’m just trying to figure out how I got so lucky,” she said shrugging looking down at the book in her hands.

“What? That your boyfriend is a supermodel?” he asked sarcastically putting his cigarette out in the ashtray.

“Maybe,” Sally looked up at Norman and tried to hide a laugh.

“Yeah, well, I think I’m the lucky one,” he said putting his arm around her allowing for Sally to snuggle into his side.

She wrapped her arms around Norman’s waist and rested her head on his chest. She could hear his heart beating. She noticed his heart always seemed to be beating fast. Of course, he was always doing something. She was sure he had undiagnosed ADHD.

“How are you the lucky one?” she asked laughing a little by what she felt was an absurd comment.

“Are you kidding? You’re smart, kind, talented, and…” Norman trailed off causing Sally to sit up and look at him.

“And?” she asked cocking an eyebrow at him.

“And incredibly sexy,” he said smirking at her.

Sally melted at the comment and leaned forward to kiss Norman. He took his hands and cupped Sally’s face and allowed for their lips to connect. Sally straddled Normans lap and his hand went to grasp at her ass. She now cupped his face with her hands as their lips connected and their tongues intertwined with one another. Sally’s body grinded against Norman’s and he felt himself getting excited. He let out a low moan and broke the kiss.

Sally sat back and looked at Norman.

“We should stop,” he said breathing deep and looking off to the side.

Sally took a deep breath and got off his lap. This wasn't the first time either she or he had gotten to the point where the needed to stop. She understood.

Sally grabbed Norman’s hand and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Will you stay the night?” Norman asked quietly.

“Sure,” Sally said simply.

“Will you stay the night with me in my bed?” he asked more cautiously.

It was silent and Norman held his breath. They still hadn't slept in the same bed together, but Norman was hoping to move things forward slightly. They had been together for about six months now and though their make out sessions definitely got heated, they hadn't moved forward in a while.

“Okay,” Sally said almost as simply as when she agreed to stay over.

Norman looked down at her with a curious glance and Sally looked up at him with a small smile.

“Yeah?” he asked surprised.

“What can I say? I’m just full of surprises today,” she said and rested her head back on his shoulder. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

402K 11.2K 54
Surviving is what Rowan does best. She's been alone almost since the beginning and it's suited her just fine. Lately things have changed; a group h...
35.7K 1.5K 25
She's a run away who dared to return to face her demons and her first love, Will Samantha be able to win Daryl over? Or will things just crumble? Sam...
316K 7.2K 72
Starlet or Star as everyone calls her, has been alone since the beginning. But when Daryl comes across her during a hunt in the middle of the night s...
3.1K 119 8
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, having been imprisoned for weeks on end, you could imagine the surprise rick felt when his long-time friend magically reappear. it w...