Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

Sally accepted her sister’s arms around her after she found her in the baggage claim area of the Phoenix airport.

“God, I've missed you,” Sally said hugging her sister tightly.

“I missed you too,” Morgan said hugging ever tighter.

They pulled apart and looked at one another.

“You look tired,” Morgan stated.

“In other words, I look like shit?” Sally asked joking with her sister.

“You know what I mean. You not sleeping?” Morgan asked.

Sally sighed heavily.

“Let’s talk about this when we get to your place,” she said not wanting to hash out the last two months with her sister.

“So, tell me everything,” Morgan said setting a cup of steaming coffee in front of her sister.

Sally smiled into the cup of joe. She was wrapped in a soft robe following her shower after being on an airplane.

“Everything is fine,” Sally said looking up into Morgan’s doubting eyes.

“Fine?” Morgan asked.

Sally slightly rolled her eyes.

“It’s hard to explain. Fine is the only word that fits. We aren't not getting along, but we aren't really getting along. It’s just been fine. There’s been little affection and little passion. I think we found ourselves in a rut,” Sally said trying to explain her relationship with Norman to her sister.

“God. You guys sound like you’re an old married couple,” Morgan said almost sounding mortified by the thought.

“Exactly! There’s no excitement!” Sally said pointing at her sister.

“Well, it sounds to me like you've got to put a little bit of excitement back into your relationship or else this may be it for you two,” Morgan said sipping at her coffee.

“I’m not sure how to put the excitement back in,” Sally said looking down.

“Show him the girl he fell in love with!” Morgan said nudging her sister in the arm.

Sally looked at her sister with shock.

“You can do it, Sal,” she encouraged her sister.

Sally smiled grateful for the pep talk Morgan was giving her. She missed their talks and their time together. She knew why her sister left, but it didn't change the fact that she missed her.

“How’s Sean?” Morgan asked sipping her coffee. She avoided Sally’s smile that crept on her face.

“He’s fine,” Sally said smiling bigger.

“Is he seeing anyone?” she quickly asked.

Sally looked over at her sister studying her face.

“What?” Morgan asked after Sally didn't respond.

“Are you still hung up on him?” she asked smiling again.

“No, I’m just wondering,” Morgan said trying to hide the defensiveness in her voice.

“Sure,” Sally said drinking from her coffee.

Morgan watched her sister and waited for an answer.

“Well is he?” Morgan said slapping Sally’s arm.

“Ouch! Is he what?” Sally asked rubbing her arm.