Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Morgan opened up the door for Sean. He lifted his head in surprise when he heard muffled shouting coming from inside.

“Are they fighting again?” he asked walking into the apartment.

“Yup. They've been at each other’s throats for about an hour now,” Morgan said crossing her arms across her chest.

Sean looked at the closed bedroom door and shook his head with disbelief.

“What is it this time?” Sean asked not understanding Norman and Sally’s relationship.

“It’s everything. Sally’s upset because Norman has been distant and going to his Hollywood parties. Norman’s upset because Sally is still struggling with intimacy since the whole pregnancy scare. It’s been the same old stuff for the past six months,” Morgan rolled her eyes.

Sean walked up to her and gave her a hug grateful for their relationship and lack of fighting in it. He nuzzled his head in her neck and kissed her skin lightly.

They were startled from their embrace when the bedroom door flew open and Norman stormed out.

“This is such bullshit!” he stormed towards the door.

“See! You don’t care!” Sally yelled after him.

Morgan and Sean stood there awkwardly wanting to be anywhere but there.

“What makes you think I don’t care?!” Norman yelled turning around.

“You act like you don’t care! Look at you leaving. Someone who cared would stay here and prove that they cared. But you are always running off!” Sally yelled back.

Norman got upset by her words and started walking towards her. Sean felt Morgan stiffen up next to him and he gently put his hand on her back.

“You think I don’t fucking care? I’ll show you I fucking care,” Norman said walking past Sally into the bedroom and she followed shutting the door behind her.

Morgan looked at Sean with worry and Sean just looked back.

“I think it’s just us tonight,” he said pulling his keys out of his pocket.

Morgan nodded as they left the apartment.

“Sally, I’m doing the best that I can here. I feel like whatever I do isn't good enough for you,” Norman said sounding defeated.

After another twenty minutes of shouting, he was now sitting on her bed and she was leaning against the wall. They were exhausted.

“I don’t want you to feel that way, but sometimes I feel neglected by you. It makes it very difficult for me to want to be with you when I feel that way,” Sally said quietly. Her voice was hoarse from yelling.

Norman looked up at Sally. She had her head leaned against the wall and she was staring at the ceiling.

“What do we do now?” he asked quietly.

“I don’t know,” she said not looking at him. “We can’t keep going on like this. We’ll kill each other.”

“Do you want to break up?” Norman asked shocked.

Sally finally looked at him and noticed a slight panic in his eyes.

“No,” she said as a tear slid down her cheek.

Norman put his head in his hands. Sally wasn't sure, but it almost looked like he had started to cry. She slowly walked over to him and put her hand through his hair and wrapped her arms around his back. In return, Norman wrapped his arms around her waist and squeezed tightly. Sally rubbed her hands on his back and he looked up at her; his face damp from tears. Sally felt her heart fall into her stomach. She leaned down and kissed him on the lips.