Friends With Benefits (Book 1...

By NiallYouDirtyBoy

Olivia and Louis have been friends for years. And their friendship comes with a whole lot of benefits. Things... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Five

13.1K 182 19
By NiallYouDirtyBoy

Olivia's P.O.V.

I stared in shock as my father struggled to get up from my couch. I was frozen as he lumbered over to me and pulled me into a hug. I didn't breathe as his alcoholic breath filled the air. He patted my head and ruffled my hair.

"Olivia I haven't seen you in a so long!" He commented. I just stared him down. Ever since my mother dumped his sorry ass he hadn't been around. And he just waltzes into my flat like nothing has ever been changed. "You look so good, baby doll!" I pinched my cheek and took another sip of whatever liquor he was drinking. 

"What are you doing here?" I growled, my eyes narrowing. He looked sarcastically offended. 

"I can't just visit my own daughter?" He asked, his eyes wide. I looked away and tried to gather my confidence.

"No. You can't just 'visit'. How did you even get in here?! You need to leave. I have nothing to say to you." I fired off. He rested his hand on my shoulder but I pushed it off. 

"Please baby..." He said reaching out for another hug. I ducked away.

"How can you even be drunk at eleven a.m.!" I asked feeling myself get more and more comfortable spitting out replies to my father's stupidity. "You need to leave! I can still file that restraining order." I threatened. Suddenly my father's eyes turned to slits. His grip on the glass tightened. He took an angry step towards me. I started to get scared.

"You would never do that because you are too weak. Just like your pathetic mother." He told me, mumbling the last part. I gathered up every ounce of courage I had in my veins and slapped my father across the face. He grabbed it, a large red mark already forming. 

"Don't you dare call my mother pathetic." I snarled. He just turned his gaze back to me, chuckling like a insane asylum patient. 

"You're just like your whore of a mother." He retorted. That one stung. "You pathetic bitches could never survive without me, which is why your having money troubles. Which is why your mother called me for extra money because she can't support her slutty habits." Tears stung my eyes. W-we weren't having money problems...at least not that I was able to admit to myself. 

"Just leave." I said pointing to the door, staring at my feet. "Please, just leave." My father tilted my face up to look him in the eyes.

"I'll leave when I'm good and ready to leave." He said. I just stepped out of his reach. 

"GO!" I yelled. "Just please go! I don't want you here! You make me miserable! You left mum when all she did was tried to make things work! I came to London to escape you. You abuse me and mum with your harsh words. Just leave before you cause us any more pain!" I screamed. I'm sure my neighbors could hear me but that was the least of my worries.

"Fine." He finally surrendered after a long pause. "I'll go. Livie-poo please just tell me you love me." He said, his face softening. I turned away, my jaw set.

"I don't love you, dad. I don't respect you. Just please go before I call the police for breaking and entering." I said. I watched my father drunkenly stumble to the door. He opened it wide and turned around.

"I still love you. You are my daughter after all." He said. I left his gaze, feeling tears start to push themselves over my bottom lid and tumble down my cheeks. He finally exited my apartment and I angrily slammed the door behind him.

I doubled over, clutching my stomach. He makes me so sick. His horrible words, his verbal abuse. He was always something of my past I refused to deal with. Tears steamed down my face clouding my vision. I pulled my phone from my pocket and blindly texted Louis.

To: Lou:P

Come. Please.

As soon as it sent I chucked my phone across the living room. I curled into a ball, sobbing. Why did he have to come here? Why did he have to show up in his usual drunken state? Why did he have to bring the struggles of my past? Why does he have to always make me feel so miserable? Why can't he just leave me be? Why couldn't I just finally escaped him?

Suddenly my door was burst open. I felt strong arms wrap around my body, pulling my close to him. I pulled my arms over Louis' neck, my cries increasing. He gently rubbed my back, quietly shushing me and soothing me with his melodic voice. A cold chill ran through my veins and I shivered. Louis' arms just tightened around me, holding me closer. He just held me. He whispered into my ear a few times and he calmed me. He made me feel safe. Suddenly I was getting better. All in the power of Louis' arms.

"M-my dad..." I stuttered. Louis buried his head in my neck and squeezed his strong arms around my body again. Louis started slowly rocking back and forth. 

"I'm so sorry." He whispered. My sobs increased with that simple statement and Louis kept holding me. Just holding me. That's all I really needed. No talking, just comfort. 

When I finally pulled away from being buried in Louis' arms we met eyes. He brushed my hair out of my face. He was actually crying too. Louis was really crying over my own problems. There were glimmering streaks down his cheeks where fresh tears had recently fallen. I sniffled and wiped my eyes on my arm, seeing my mascara streaks down my arm. 

"What did he say?" Louis asked softly. My lower jaw quivered. I looked away, trying to blink back the tears. I fiddled with the hem of my sweat pant leg, not making eye contact with Louis. He slowly brushed away some tears with his thumbs. I looked back at him and it made more tears produce and Louis, who was now cross-legged, pulled me into his lap, holding me almost like a baby. I cried some more, embarrassed at my weakness. My father had been right. I am weak. 

"Louis he's so awful!" I screamed in anger. Louis held me tighter. He pressed a kiss to my cheek. 

"I know, I know." He whispered. Louis stroked my long hair smoothly. I held onto him tighter. I looked up at Louis face and he was still crying. His eyes were red now.

"Louis why can't he just be gone already?" I whimpered. Louis kissed my forehead and wiped away some tears falling from my eyes. 

"I'm here, Livie. I'm here." He whispered. I weakly smiled. I hugged Louis. 

"Thank you." I breathed into his neck. His strong arms encircled my waist. "I love you, Louis." I told him.

"I love you too, Livie."

*****

"Olivia! I was just about to call you!" My mum sang into the phone. "I have so much to tell you! I've recently been seeing this really wonderful man named Nathan. Oh, Olivia, you would just love him! He's a fantastic cook and he's so sweet to me. You have to meet him!"

"Mum!" I interjected.

"Oh he's so handsome too! I really like him, Olivia. He's so amazing."

"Mum!" I tried again. 

"I cannot wait until you come back to visit!" She kept going.

"MUM LISTEN TO ME!" I screamed. Finally she stopped her babbling. Louis raised an eyebrow at me.  "Mum I'm happy for you and Nathan but I need to tell you something important." 

"Oh dear God please don't tell me you are pregnant." She breathed.

"MUM!" I shrieked. "I'm not pregnant!" I shouted. Louis' eye widened and he stopped rubbing my back due to the awkwardness of what I had said.

"Oh thank God...because I was talking to Nathan about the fact that I had you so young and you know what? He didn't even mind! He says he likes me for who I am--"

"MUM SHUT UP PLEASE." I shouted. Louis chuckled beside me. "Dad stopped by today." I blurted out, my chest tightening. Silence.

"...what?" She finally asked. 

"Yeah..." I said. "He came by and he was drunk and he was saying...things...again." I told her. 

"Olivia..." My mum said. I could hear the tears through the sound of her voice. I heard some mumbling on the other line. "Olivia did you call the police?" She asked after the talking to whoever else was there.

"No I didn't...he left pretty easily. I had to yell at him and slap him but he's gone. I hope he gets pulled over for drinking and driving." I confessed. Louis stopped rubbing my back and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I laid my head on his shoulder, our backs up against my living room wall. 

"Olivia, I'm so sorry." My mum replied. I was glad I hadn't cried yet, because I know if I was crying she would only get even more worried.

"Mum he's gone though now. We'll just have to watch out for him." I said. My voice hadn't broken yet but I could feel the lump forming in my throat. 

"Olivia maybe you should lock your doors and not stay there for a while? Or I could drive to London, or you could head back down to Doncaster?" She suggested. 

"No need for you to leave Doncaster and I've got classes that I'd prefer not to miss." I told her.

"Can you stay at Louis' for a while? I don't want you being alone now." She told me. I know Louis heard that. He kind of stiffened next to me. I looked over at him and shrugged. He took the phone from my hand.

"She can stay with me, Regina." Louis told her. I always found it funny how Louis calls my mum 'Regina' and I call his mum 'Jay'. We were just close like that.

"Thank you so much, Lou. Please keep her safe." I heard my mum tell Louis. He smiled.

"Of course I will." Louis replied. They said their goodbyes and I said goodbye to my mum as well. Then I ended the call. Louis hugged me from the awkward side angle we were sitting.

"You sure it's okay for me to stay with you and Harry?" I asked him. He scoffed.

"Of course. I mean we have a third bedroom anyways. We leave for tour in three weeks. You can stay until we leave." He told me. He kissed my hair and I stood up. I walked to my room and packed half my closet. I would stop by my flat enough to get the rest of my things for a three-week stay. It didn't take long until I locked it up tightly and told the landlord I wouldn't be there for three weeks. 

When I got to Harry and Louis' all the boys were there. They were cheering at whatever they were watching. When we walked in they all stopped and looked at me with my bags.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked kind of bluntly.

"Wow, I feel the love." I mumbled. Louis just led me up to the bedroom informing the boys we would explain later. Not that I was looking forward to the fact of sharing what happened. I can cry in front of Louis but I absolutely cannot cry in front of the rest of the lads.

"Right next to mine." Louis said cheekily. I just rolled my eyes and opened the door. The room was extravagant, which I was used to having been in Louis and Harry's flat multiple times. They had some serious cash to spend on a flat like this in which they only lived in for maybe half the 12 months. It was the smaller of the bedrooms but my own bedroom was even smaller than this. So it was spacious to me. I got my things settled in and noticed Louis was still in the doorway. He gave me a lopsided smile. 

"Thanks for letting me stay here, Lou." I told him. He walked over and pulled me into a hug.

"Of course, Livie." He said. I caught myself smiling. Louis was always so sympathetic and nice. I guess that's one of the reasons our friendship works out so well. 

"Love you, Louis." I mumbled into his sweatshirt.

"Love you too, Olivia."

****************************** AUTHOR'S NOTE ******************************

Hope you liked it! I really liked writing the cutesy little things between Lou and Olivia xD ahaha anyways! comment! read! vote! thanks to all the votes so far! keep em coming! also comment! please comment! thanks guys!!! :)

-Kate xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 3.5K 61
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
269K 7.8K 133
"š‘»š’‰š’†š’“š’†'š’” š’“š’†š’‚š’š’š’š š’š’ š’˜š’‚š’š š’š’‡ š’˜š’Šš’š’š’Šš’š’ˆ š’Šš’‡ š’Šš’ š’•š’‰š’†š’Šš’“ š’†š’šš’†š’” š’šš’š’–'š’š’ š’‚š’š’˜š’‚š’šš’” š’ƒš’† š’‚ š’…š’–š’Žš’ƒ š’ƒš’š’š’š’…š’†."
2.5K 97 10
Cindy Lane is one of the most beautiful women alive. But she's broken. Haunted by memories of her past. So what happens when she meets Captain Jack H...