Breathin》Stranger Things

By lovethebreeze

Bela Salvatore wanted nothing more than a normal life. After parting with her twin back in 1984, Bela finds h... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three

Ten

13K 392 42
By lovethebreeze

Ok, I ran home to put on my costume and got ready. Now, I feel bad for not wearing it with the guys. Sure, I might have been the only girl in school to wear one but that's what makes me different. Besides the fact that I'm a vampire. I told the guys I would pick them up. I actually picked up Mike, Dustin, and Lucas. Jonathan said he was going to come with Will, so he'll meet us there. Dustin complimented on my costume. He is such a sweetheart. Even said that he knew I'd be the prettiest ghost. Lucas gave him a look before shoving him. I chuckled while they went to get more candy.

Dustin practically ran over to me with his bag up. "Jackpot!"

I chuckled again. "Nice." Then I remembered what I was going to do. I pulled out one of the bracelets and held it up to him. "And I have a surprise for you."

"You got me a present?" Dustin beamed as Mike and Lucas came over.

I smiled. "I actually got you all one." I pulled the other two out. A leather bracelet with a dragon pendant, the vervain hidden in it. "It's a friendship bracelet."

"Aren't bracelets for girls?" Lucas asked.

Dustin smacked his arm. "Don't be mean. She got us something." Dustin took one and started putting it on. "And these are awesome!"

Mike grabbed one. "They are. Thanks, Bela. But what's the occasion?"

Besides the fact that it's Halloween and vampires come out. Not only that, ever since Damon almost attacked Steve I want the boys to be safe. I'm sure Damon wouldn't attack them but I'm pretty sure he would compel them.

I smiled at the boys as Lucas finally grabbed a bracelet. "No occasion. Think of it as a friendship bracelet. Now I want you boys to promise me you won't take these off. I'll be very sad if you do."

"We don't want that," Dustin said. "I will never take this off."

Lucas gave him an annoyed look. "Suck up."

Dustin smacked him with his candy sack. "Shut up!"

Lucas started hitting him with his sack. I got in the middle before either boy could injure each other.

"Guys, that's enough," I said. I looked up to see Jonathan's car pulling over. "Will's here."

Lucas smiled as Will ran over. "Will!"

I chuckled. "Will, you ready for tonight?" Will smiled with a nod. "Great. Oh, and I've got you something. Hold out your wrist."

Will look confused. "Bela got us these really cool bracelets," Mike said.

I sighed happily. At least I know my boys are ok from compulsion. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah!" Will said. Then he remembered something. "Actually, I was thinking if...it's ok with you...if we could go trick-or-treating by ourselves. I asked Jonathan and he said it's fine. He could give you a ride to the party...if you said yes."

"You don't want me to go trick-or-treating with you guys?" I asked. "Ouch."

"It's not that. You're awesome. It's just everyone else doesn't have a babysitter. And I know there's this party tonight. I'd thought you might want to go."

"Are you insane?!" Dustin said. "She wants to spend Halloween with us!"

I shook my head in understanding. "No. No. It's fine, Dustin. You guys are old enough to go trick-or-treating alone."

Will's eyes softened. "Are you mad at me?"

I smiled at him while I messed up his hair. "At my boys. Never. Just promise me you'll stay with each other."

"Yeah. Deal. Jonathan said he'll give you a ride." We looked towards the car. Jonathan gave me an awkward wave.

I nodded. "Ok. Have fun."

》》》》

Jonathan and I rode to Tina's in silence. It wasn't really an awkward silence because we're used to that. I've seen Jonathan around school and talk every now and then, but he's usually quiet. I respect that. If he wants to open up to me one day I'll wait.

"Hey, I've got you something," I said as I grabbed the vervain necklace from my pocket. Yeah, I made sure I brought enough. I was actually going to give it to them tomorrow, but I guess now is the best time.

Jonathan gave me a confused look. "You got me a necklace?"

I nodded. "I know. This is my way of saying sorry that we've haven't really talked in a while. But I really do appreciate our friendship. I hope this makes up for it."

"You didn't have to give me -"

"But I want to. You were my first friend here. It's my gift to you."

I mentally sighed in relief when he slowly reached over and grabbed it. I was even happier when he put it on.

"Thanks, Bela."

I smiled. "No problem." I looked towards the house. A few girls were already pointing towards Jonathan's car. I could hear them say is that Bela Salvatore with that weirdo Jonathan? Oh, please, Jonathan isn't a weirdo. "You sure you want to be here? We could leave and much out on candy."

He shook his head. "No. This is fine."

"You sure?"

In answer, Jonathan undid his seatbelt and got out. I sighed before following him. I barely got out when one of the guys threw up on the pavement. I rolled my eyes before Jonathan and I went inside the house. I heard a few guys from the stairs whistle at me.

"Looking good, Bela," he said.

I rolled my eyes before following Jonathan again. Well, I tried to. When I went to follow him he was already gone. Gee, and I thought I was the vampire. I looked around and found out the source. There was Steve and Nancy. Nancy looked drunk out of her mind while Steve was dancing next to her. Steve noticed me and waved. Nancy looked up and started jumping for joy as she waved also. I had a small smile on my face while I waved back.

"What do we've got here?" I heard from behind. I rolled my eyes at the sound of Billy's voice. I turned to see him standing there. That smirk plastered on his face while he looks me up and down. "Didn't know ghosts could be so sexy."

I took in his attire. "What are you suppose to be? A huge asshole?" I hate saying this, but damn. Billy's got body. Like abs and all.

Billy noticed my stare. "Like what you see?"

I snapped out of it. "Not at all."

He chuckled. "Then tell that to your eyes." Billy backed me till my back hit the wall. He bit his lip while he leaned his arm against my head. "Just say the words, Salvatore, we could be back at your place." He held his hand up and began trailing it down my cheek. "That dress all over the floor. I love to see what you look like under it. Or if you want...my car is out front."

I glared at him as I grabbed his wrist. "Oh, please. That's never going to happen. I don't want to catch any diseases you've might have gotten from these other skanks." Then I punched his chest when I remembered what he did after school. "And what the fuck is wrong with you? What kind of dumbass tries to run over children?"

"You knocked their asses out of the way, didn't you?" he retorted.

Ugh, I am so pissed at him. All I want to do is drain his blood and kill him! I felt my blood boil. I love the idea of my fangs latched onto his neck and draining him. Watching as the life drain from his eyes. I could hear his blood pumping in my ears. That tasty blood and drain him. I felt my eyes starting to change and quickly shut them. I turned and hoped that he didn't see my face. Just talking about eating him is getting me hungry.

"Whoa, you ok?" Billy asked. Oh, for once, he actually sounds sincere. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Bela?"

I pushed him off. "I'll see you at school."

I went around the crowd. I tried to not focus on the blood pumping through everyone as I made my way outside. I pushed one guy and ran down the streets, ignoring Billy calling me. I kept running and running until I just sped out of there. I perked my ears up and found the closest deer. I ran over and snapped its neck before draining the life out of it. At least it wasn't a squirrel or a bunny. I still would have been hungry. The blood came down my chin. I pulled back as I gasped for air. That was really close.

I slowly got up and wiped my mouth. I can't believe I almost lost control like that. All because fucking Hargrove got under my skin. I left the deer and made it look like a bear got to it and started walking home. I probably didn't even look good. Covered in blood and out in  the middle of the night. But, hey, it's Halloween. People will think it's fake blood.

There was a bright light. The car is just going to past by and ignore me. It didn't. The car stopped not that far from me. Steve rushed out and came over.

"Holy shit, Bela!" he exclaimed. Steve's eyes were a bit watery. He was already crying but I know it's not from me. "What the hell happened?"

"I got hungry," I explained. "I almost lost it back at the party."

"Did you - Did you..." I shook my head. Steve wanted to know if I killed someone. "Thank, god."

I shook my head. "No. This is bad. I just...I need to leave Hawkins before I kill someone."

"Leave? Bela, you can't leave." A car drove past us. Steve took his jacket off and covered me. "Ok, let me just take you home. We both had a rough night and you're not thinking straight."

I shook my head again as Steve lead me towards his car. "No. I need to leave. Get away from everyone." I cursed under my breath as soon as Steve closed the door for me. He slid in the driver side and started driving. "This is why I wanted to be alone. To avoid someone I care about getting hurt because of me."

"Well, if it makes you feel better...Nancy said she doesn't love me."

My eyes snapped towards him. "What? Nancy? What do you mean she doesn't love you?"

"She told me herself. She said I'm bullshit. That our relationship is bullshit." Steve gripped the wheel. "She said that our love is bullshit."

"Steve, I'm sure Nancy doesn't mean it."

He nodded. "Yeah, she does. After a few drinks, she decided to tell me the truth. Well, that's it. If our relationship is bullshit then I'm done with her."

Shit, Nancy. What did you do? How much did you have to drink? I sighed as I looked out the window. Today is just shit.

I looked at Steve. "There's bourbon at my house. We could have some kind of pity party for ourselves. One last hurrah before I leave."

"It's not going to be our last hurrah," Steve said. "We just need to drink and sleep today off. That's it. And if you still want to leave, as much as I hate it...you can leave."

》》》》

A/N: Awwe, another Steve/Bela moment. Too bad it's not that kind of story. 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

983 53 50
When Rachel King moves to Hawkins, Indiana, she has no plan to make friends or fall for the King of Hawkins High. But when the town is threatened wit...
439K 11.1K 18
[COMPLETED] *set AFTER the events of season three!* an unexpected guest arrives in hawkins, making mike wheeler reconsider his entire life. he starts...
79.1K 3.3K 57
"𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆." ~ She's beautiful on the outside but on the inside, ther...
27.6K 477 67
MARKED COMPLETE UNTIL SEASON FIVE When Leah Hekker moves to Hawkins Indiana, she meets a group of 4 boys. As things start to take a turn for the wor...