Race Of His Life

By WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 14

217 20 3
By WinterFury10

Hey there everyone! To those who actually bothered to read this fanfiction, thank you so very much. And to those who've read the previous chapters before they were all edited on November 24th, 2019, don't worry, you haven't missed out on much. All you need to know is:

-From the first, Jack has been obsessed about winning the Tachyons Cup for the money so that he could support Emma better, rather than wishing to be the most powerful man on earth.

-His relationship with Emma is still strained

-He doesn't particularly like flirting to others but makes an exception only for Elsa coz he likes it when she blushes. He was taught to flirt and be a bad boy in front of the cameras and other ladies by his trainers and fellow trainees.

-He's a lot more tolerable now rather than being the conceited jerk that he was in the beginning of the story.

-All that unnecessary shit about 'Emilie the Girlfriend' is also officially deleted.

That's pretty much it for the edited version. 

.....

"Where the heck am I...?"

Jack looked around but saw nothing. The darkness was so overwhelming that it made him run out of breath. He walked aimlessly and then blinked when a sudden howl was heard in the distance.

'What the hell...'

He walked towards the howl, which was followed by a few more howls and growls. He started running towards the sound but then stopped when something else was heard.

A human scream.

So loud and painful that Jack wondered if they were being tortured. He picked up speed and flew towards the noises when all of a sudden, a spotlight shone on something a few yards in front of him and Jack stopped abruptly, his staff slipping from his hands as he stood frozen in shock and horror.

Under the light was Jamie, lying on his stomach with a bloody arm stretched out towards Jack. His other limbs were bitten and ripped out, his clothes were torn and there were bite marks and flesh ripped out in many parts of his body.

"Ja...mie...?" Jack whispered, willing his legs to move but his body didn't seem to listen to him and kept him stuck in his spot.

Jamie lifted his head up and Jack's eyes widened, even more, when he saw a half of his face eaten off.

"No..." Jack leaned backward in horror and landed on his butt.

"Run... away... Jack..." Jamie breathed out.

Suddenly, many pairs of bright glowing eyes appeared all around them and Jack stifled a gasp when he recognized them.

"Please, go, Jack!" Jamie whimpered, sounding hurried and panicked.

"No... I can't..." Jack whispered, fear coursing through him.

"Ja..." Jamie was cut short when something stepped out of the darkness and launched itself on him.

He screamed and writhed in pain as many more Nightmares pounced on him, ripping out the flesh from his body. Even his voice was muffled as one of the Nightmares stood between Jamie and Jack, eating away at the rest of his face.

"Jamie, NO!" Jack finally moved and took a step forward. He realized he wasn't moving at all and looked down at his own body.

Ropes of black sand were wrapped around his arms, legs and his waist. He tried moving but it was useless and his powers didn't seem to work as well.

Another heart-piercing scream echoed throughout the place and Jack whipped his head around, seeing a Nightmare having Jamie's hand in its mouth.

"NO!"

Hearing his scream, the Nightmare turned its head and walked towards him, Jamie's hand still clasped between its teeth. It spat the hand out and sprinted towards Jack.

Suddenly, a shadow flashed before his eyes and that was the last thing Jack saw.

.....

Taking deep and ragged breaths, Jack looked around and realized that he was still in his room in the rink and not in a weird dark place.

He looked down at himself, wearing only a pair of shorts, his body covered in sweat. He patted his arms and legs to check if he was really tied in ropes or if that was just in the dream. There were no ropes but Jack couldn't shake off the sensation of the ropes on his arms.

He didn't remember the dream completely but a few scenes played in his mind, enough for Jack to remember what his dream- or for a better word, his nightmare- was about.

Was that really just a dream...? Is Jamie really okay...?

Jack bent forward and held his head, trying to get rid of the horrible images of Jamie attacked by the Nightmares. He remembered the last Nightmare which had come running towards him and his eyebrows furrowed in thought when he remembered the final shadow.

What was that...? The horses felt like a dream but the shadow felt real...

Just then, Jack saw the silhouette of someone flying past his window.

He quickly jumped out of bed and grabbed his staff, approaching the window and throwing the curtains aside. He looked around and blinked in surprise when he saw Manny standing in the middle of the rink.

The heck is he doing down there at... 4 A.M. in the morning?!

Jack quickly ran downstairs and successfully hid behind a bush from where he had a clear view of the man.

Manny was looking up at the sky, breathing fast as if he had been running. He was holding his cane in his hands, the lower end pointing at the air in front of him.

Jack continued watching in wonder as the lower end of the cane glowed and Manny drew something like a circle around the rink, an outline of the rink glowing in air, just a few centimeters above the ground. He stood on the circle and the minute his feet touched the light, the width of the circle widened until it looked like a race track. 

Manny took a deep breath and started flying over the track. He started out slow but as he continued flying laps around the track, his speed picked up and when he finished his third lap, there was a sudden burst of energy which knocked Jack back. He quickly recovered and looked around but Manny was nowhere to be seen. He suddenly looked up and saw Manny shooting up towards the sky.

After reaching a certain height, he turned around and continued flying in the same direction by flying backward. And with another burst of energy, he flew towards the ground and landed smoothly.

Jack watched with a dropped jaw as Manny waved his cane around and the glowing track disappeared.

What the heck was that speed...? I almost couldn't follow him with my eyes...

As if he sensed another person, Manny suddenly looked in his direction and Jack scrambled backward to hide from his view but ended up slipping and fell hard on his back.

"Whoever is hiding out there, come out this instant," Manny ordered.

Jack hesitated but decided it would be better to show himself rather than getting caught by Manny forcefully.

"Mr Frost." Manny didn't even sound surprised. "Why are you here? More importantly, why are you awake at this hour?"

"I could ask the same about you," Jack raised an eyebrow.

Manny just ignored him and turned away to return to his room.

"Wait!" Jack called out, lurching forward to stop him.

Manny paused and half-turned towards him.

"The speed you just flew in... It's not normal for someone to fly that fast..." Jack stared intensely. "Even for a coach."

"What are you suggesting, Jack?" Manny glared at him.

"You're a racer as well, aren't you?"

Manny just continued glaring before he abruptly turned away and started walking back. "You really need to stop assuming things, Frost."

"I'm right, aren't I?" Jack insisted, following him.

"No."

"Then how can you-"

Manny turned around suddenly. "Why do you wanna know?"

Jack paused. "I... I just wanna know- because I've got my race coming up and none of the racers' speed is even close to yours or Elsa's!"

"Just because I'm fast doesn't mean I was a racer." And saying so, Manny turned and started walking away.

"Wait, then just tell me how you pulled off that last move!" Jack walked behind him.

Manny stopped but didn't turn to look at him. "There are different ways to turn around without wasting any time. You just have to find the method you're most comfortable with."

And he left.

Jack just blinked in confusion.

"Wait a second, at least tell me one of the methods!" 

.....

"So you eavesdropped on him when he was racing?" Elsa blinked in shock.

"Yup." Jack dug up a little more mud and threw it aside before accepting the water bottle from her. He went and sat next to her on one of the benches around the rink. "And he said that I should find the method I'm most comfortable with, for turning around abruptly."

Elsa just leaned back in her seat. "He said the exact same thing for me too. And I found my own comfortable method." 

"How?"

Elsa shrugged. "It depends on how you use your powers. I used to make huge curves to turn around but then I figured out that I can just freeze the air behind me after I turn around, and then continue flying. Manny usually turns around and bursts out the energy behind him so that he can keep up his speed."

Jack just groaned and leaned back on the bench, turning his head to her and poking her cheek. "Just tell me what I should do, Snowflake."

Elsa just swatted him away and got up. "You'll have to figure it out yourself, Frost." She gave one last smirk before walking away.

Jack just continued watching her with a small smile on his face.

"You sure you don't like my sister?"

Startled, Jack jolted and fell out of his seat. He quickly turned around and saw Anna and Rapunzel peeking their heads out from behind the trees which were directly behind the bench.

"Were you spying on us?!" Jack asked.

"Just answer the question, Frost." Anna sat on the bench and crossed her legs.

Jack groaned and looked at them in exasperation. "How many times do I have to tell you? I don't like your sister romantically."

Rapunzel, who was standing next to Anna, crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow with a smirk on her face. "So you're telling me you never even considered doing anything romantic with our sister?"

Jack couldn't help but blush, which was noticed by Anna and Rapunzel, but nonetheless, he shook his head in denial, his eyes looking down at the ground as his ears turned red.

Anna and Rapunzel shared a look, deciding to play along and not ask him about his obvious reaction.

He expected them to fangirl or something but they just stood up, patted his shoulder and walked away.

What the heck just happened...

Jack picked up the spade and continued digging, his body working on autopilot as he 'buried' himself in his thoughts.

Why does everyone think I'm in love with Elsa when I'm absolutely NOT?!

He glanced up when he heard her name and saw her helping Mrs Dunbroch by stopping the triplets from pilling swords on top of each other. He didn't realize he was smiling as he saw her laugh until someone knocked hard on his head.

"Ow!" Jack turned around to scold the person and saw Merida looking at him with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms. "What was that for?!"

"Either do your work and dig the place or just sit down and stare at Elsa all you want."

Jack turned pink at the accusation. "What? I wasn't-"

Merida just pointed down and Jack looked down and realized that he had dug up too much mud. He grimaced and smacked himself on the head before picking up some mud and throwing it in.

Once Merida was satisfied, he lifted the small tree, placed it in the dug up space and started covering the roots with mud again.

"Finished already?" Asked Anna asked she walked towards them with Rapunzel, who was holding a plate of cookies.

"Could have finished it long back if Jack hadn't decided to dig too much as he stared at Elsa." Merida rolled her eyes.

"Oh really?" Rapunzel smirked.

Jack groaned, knowing where this conversation was headed to as his frustration from before resurfaced.

"Girls, leave the poor guy alone. He said she's just a friend, didn't he?" Anna drawled with a lazy and smug smirk on her face.

"Oh yeah..." Rapunzel followed her lead, "it's not like he likes Elsa, right?"

"Pretty sure he doesn't love her, either." Anna circled around him like she was eyeing her prey.

"I don't love Elsa!" Jack hissed, his fists clenched in irritation and frustration. "Can you please stop talking about this?!"

"Of course, " Rapunzel nodded, "that's exactly what we were saying."

"Love's a very strong word." Anna pointed out. "I'd say you at least like her and that you're way past the point of having just a crush."

"I don't."

"You're lying." Rapunzel crossed her arms confidently.

"I'm not!"

"Are you sure?"

"I don't like her!"

"You're blushing." Anna poked his cheek.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about." Rapunzel shrugged. "We support your relationship."

"Exactly." Anna nodded.

Face red with anger and embarrassment, Jack gave an angry huff before he looked up at them and glared as intimidating as possible. "What do I have to do to get it through your thick, cement-coated skulls that I don't like her?!"

Anna shook her head. "Stop lying to yourself and just accept it!"

"I don't like Elsa!"

"But-"

"I said I don't like her and that's it! I can decide for myself who is worthy to be liked by me!"

Anna's eyes flashed with anger at the indirect insult -or at least what seemed like an insult to her- that Elsa wasn't worthy of his stupid affection and she opened her mouth to voice her anger. But then she stopped, seeing something behind Jack. Her eyes widened and she bit her lip, not knowing how to react. Even Merida and Rapunzel had similar reactions.

Jack furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and turned around to see what caused such reactions.

And at that moment, he cursed his own mouth for saying the things he just said.

His heart dropped to the very bottom of his ribcage and his breath was caught when he saw the betrayal and pain in Elsa's eyes.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. And when she opened them again, they were cold and distant, all warmth and friendliness vanished into thin air. Jack recognized her expression and realized that this was how she had looked at him when he first crashed into their rink.

"Elsa-"

He stepped forward to explain himself but she gave him a smile- a cold, fake smile which would have convinced them that she didn't mind what he had said- except for her eyes which were devoid of any emotion.

"Have a good day." And saying so, she turned and walked away from there.

Wait, Els-

Don't.

And for the first time in weeks, Jack listened to the other voice in his head and stood his spot.

He turned around and saw varying degrees of guilt on the three girls' faces.

"Ja-"

"If you could please move, I would like to continue my work."

"Jack we're sor-"

Jack walked past them, grabbed the shovel and started digging through the mud for another tree.

Anna and Rapunzel shared glances and took a step towards him but they stopped when they felt a hand on their shoulders. Merida shook her head and led them away, telling them that he probably needs some time alone.

.....

"So... Did anything happen, today?" Flynn asked, sitting down for dinner with the others. He glanced outside, where Jack was determinedly planting the trees.

"Why would you feel that way?" Rapunzel smiled nervously.

"Well, " Kristoff joined in, "he's been working non-stop and even finished dinner before we all could even bring our food."

"And Elsa hasn't even come down for dinner, " Flynn pointed out.

Ana and Rapunzel shared a glance, wondering if they should tell the truth.

"Nothing much, " Merida decided to answer for them, "Anna and Punzie here were trying to make him admit that he likes Elsa. The idiot screamed out loud that he doesn't, right when she was behind him. And since then, both have been absolutely quiet."

Flynn and Kristoff blinked in shock before turning to their respective wife/girlfriend. The women in question just ducked their heads and looked down at the ground in guilt.

"So..." Kristoff started, breaking the awkward atmosphere, "did you apologize?"

He guessed the answer to his question when Anna and Rapunzel sighed in vain before Anna decided to answer. "He didn't give us a chance to. Not like we were waiting for him to talk. It's just that he's been avoiding every single person as much as he can."

They remained silent as they finished their meal and headed outside. Flynn tried to talk to Jack but all he got were one-word responses. The girls tried to get Elsa to come out for dinner but there was no reply from the other side of the door. Deciding to solve the problems in the morning, they head to their houses and got ready for bed.

.....

Flynn sighed, twisting and turning in bed, not able to sleep while trying to keep his senses alert on Jack. He got up and walked outside, where Jack seemed to be digging the ground for the last tree.

"Not gonna sleep?" he called out, making Jack stop and turn around.

"Could ask the same to you, " Jack retorted.

"Can't sleep while making sure you don't escape." Flynn shrugged.

Jack turned around completely, facing Flynn properly for the first time that day. "How about you switch off your powers for tonight. I promise I won't try to escape till my work is done."

"Tempting. But how can I believe that you won't be escaping?" Flynn cocked up and eyebrow.

"I haven't tried to escape for at least a month now, you know?" Jack pointed out.

"Which makes it all the more suspicious." Flynn crossed his arms.

"Come on bro, did I ever lie to you these past few days?"

"Yes. Yes, you did."

"Okay, that was a stupid question. Point is, you can trust me. Racer's honour I won't escape!" Jack crossed his heart.

"I don't know how much I can trust this racer's honour that you speak of."

"Elsa was a race, wasn't she? Merida was a racer, wasn't she?"

Flynn seemed to consider his words. "You sure you won't escape?"

"Of course!"

"You're really sure?"

"Yup."

"Honestly and completely sure?"

Jack huffed and stomped over to Flynn before turning him around and pushing him towards his house. "Yes! Now go cuddle with your wife for all I care!"

Flynn still seemed unsure as he walked inside his house and turned to close the door. "Okay then, I'm trusting you dude."

And he closed the door.

.....

"Oh my God!"

Flynn jolted awake, looking around wildly while reaching for his hidden frying pan. Seeing no danger around, Flynn grabbed his trustee pan and walked out of the house, searching for his wife.

What he didn't expect to see, however, was a neat and bright ice rink, covered by a thin layer of snow. He blinked in shock and looked around, seeing snow on every house and on the trees surrounding the rinks.

Rapunzel was standing by the corner of the rink, staring in shock and awe at the rink which was looking as new as ever. Her scream of surprise had woken up almost everyone living around the rink, including Flynn.

"The rink is fixed!" She exclaimed, running around the rink towards Anna who just emerged from her house, followed by Kristoff, both having varying degrees of bedhead.

Anna straightened, all traces of sleep fading away from her face as she whispered, "It is..."

Upon seeing the rink, Kristoff's eyes shot wide. He stumbled forward and held the railings which were around the rink, starting at the clear ice reflecting the colour of the sky above.

"It's beautiful..." Kristoff whimpered.

"Why are y'all being so emotional over a rink where we've been living literally from when we were born?" asked Merida, trudging over to them grumpily.

"It's been at least a month since we saw the rink in all its glory so just let them be."

They all turned around and saw Elsa walking towards them, already dressed in formal clothes consisting of a pencil skirt, a blouse and some pencil heels. Her hair was pulled into her signature bun and she held a duffle bag.

"Going out somewhere?" asked Anna, walking towards her sister.

"The President has called us up for a meeting to submit all our reports tomorrow. I just thought I'll check up all the rinks today and finish with the meeting tomorrow." Elsa smiled, and Anna noted that it didn't seem as bright as two days ago.

"How long will you be gone for?" Rapunzel stood next to Elsa, concern evident on her face.

"Two and a half days, probably. I'll be back by evening on the day after tomorrow." Elsa informed.

Anna nodded, hugging her sister as she patted her back. "Take care"

Elsa hugged her back and nodded before proceeding to bid everyone goodbye. She left with Kristoff who volunteered to drop her at the edge of the forest, which was about a two-hour drive away.

And just as she got on his motorbike, Rapunzel realised something. "Wait, aren't you gonna say bye to Jack before you leave?"

Elsa just gave her a smile, which looked faker than the one she showed before, as she looked over at Rapunzel. "Ask your husband where he is."

And they drove off.

Rapunzel and Anna glanced at each other in confusion before looking at Flynn. "What did she mean?"

Flynn focussed on his powers, staying silent for a few seconds before looking up at both of them.

"He's gone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 381 29
- ˏˋ 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑇𝑤𝑜 ˊˎ - 𝑬𝒍𝒔𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒐𝒈𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒔 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒉�...
8.2K 374 18
It's 1841. Jackson Overland - intelligent, gentle, and lonely - struggles with his humdrum existence in his small Norwegian town. One night, he sees...
135K 5.2K 24
(Book 3) After a long journey of different, extraordinary worlds, the team return back in Arendelle. But in their present absence, evil was plotted...
66.6K 2.8K 31
Jack Frost was a insider, he doesnt have a family and lives in his mansion alone with his servants He lost his family when he was only 8 in a terrib...