The Ritual To The Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

Emery Aiken has always lived in a mysterious and eerie village. Growing up with folktales about a fictitious... More

Copyright/Description/Book Cover
Chapter 1: Finding The Dress
Chapter 2: Forest Strangers
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Special Wolf
Chapter 5: Where am I?
Chapter 6: Out of The Woods
Chapter 7: Jumping Through Windows
Chapter 7.5: Thane
Chapter 8: Speedy Recovery
Chapter 9: Mission Runaway
Chapter 10: Marry Me
Chapter 10.5: Thane
Chapter 11: Wolf Tales
Chapter 12: What Are You?
Chapter 13: Panic Attack
Chapter 14: Werewolfing 101
Chapter 15: Family Time
Chapter 16: The Crypt
Chapter 17: Heart On Fire
Chapter 18: Healing Hands
Chapter 19: Homesick
Chapter 20: Fist Fight
Chapter 21: Exiled
Chapter 23: Impending Doom
Chapter 24: Alphas and Mates
Chapter 25: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 26: Confessions
Chapter 27: I Love You Always
Chapter 28: Secrets
Chapter 29: The Beast
Chapter 30: Alpha's Orders
Chapter 31: Heartbroken
Chapter 32: Little Warrior
Chapter 33: Dead Wolf
Chapter 34: Battlefield and Bodies
Chapter 35: Save Him
Chapter 36: Dead or Alive
Chapter 37: Paying His Debt
Chapter 38: Blood Moon Pack
Epilogue
Sequel
Bonus Chapter: Christmas
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
A/N: Copyright Infringement
STOLEN (RESOLVED)

Chapter 22: House Hunting

86.1K 2.8K 837
By 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 22

~ Four months later ~

"Hey Emery." Tate jumped out of nowhere and frightened me while I was preparing a sandwich.

I held my chest and glared playfully at her, "You scared the crap out of me!" I laughed.

Tate woke up from her coma the day after Abigail was exiled. Thane was over the moon when we found out that she woke up with nothing more than a headache and a fully recovered body. However, he banned her from all training and fighting for a while until he was sure that she was okay so we've been hanging out almost all the time.

It's been a total of five months that I've been here in Thane's pack. At first I definitely wanted out of this scenario because what crazed person would willingly stay with a total stranger that took her from her home?

Honestly it was a total horror story but after learning about Thane and him being a werewolf, well let's just say I was officially that crazed person.

But I didn't think so anymore. It may be unorthodox but I guess the entire situation was a bit strange seeing as I was mated to a wolf. Now I wouldn't change a single detail. The strange circumstances that lead to this, me being here, well it kinda lead me to happiness. Thane was amazing. He was a great leader and an even better boyfriend even though he was a bit more to me than a flimsy label.

At the start I would have castrated him for even speaking to me and now I can't get enough of him. It was as if we were obsessed with each other. We were almost constantly together when he wasn't off training the pack and I wasn't either being trained or helping in the infirmary.

"My brother sent me to deliver a message." She grinned like a Cheshire cat.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "What message?"

"To dress nice and be ready by six."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

She just shrugged, "I dunno."

"You're not telling me something." I accused her by the look on her face.

"Come on, when have I ever not told you something?" She rolled her eyes.

"Hmm let me see...how about never?" I smirked.

"He may just want to take you out on a date to do things I really don't need to think about as his sister." Tate grimaced.

"Tate!" I scolded and felt my cheeks blaze in embarrassment. "We haven't even...you know."

"Eww. I don't need to know this." She fake gagged and I fell into a fit of laughter.

When Thane and I were together we couldn't keep our hands off each other. I was honestly surprised we haven't committed the deed yet and that we both had to restrain ourselves to stop whenever things were getting heated.

I wanted him without a doubt but he would suddenly stop whenever it was getting too far. I had no idea why though. I was happy and content but I knew that I had to bear an heir for the next ritual that would take place next twenty years. Extreme but at least the pregnancy will only last five months since werewolves grow rapidly and mature in the womb at a faster rate than a human baby.

Thane and I were actually the only Alpha and Luna that have taken this long to get mated. Some Luna's get pregnant within two weeks and the others take about two months. Never has it been five months.

"What am I missing here?" Bailey asked as she walked into the kitchen to witness my laughter.

"Emery just casually discussing her intimate life...or lack thereof." Tate said giving me a disgusted look.

"Don't mind her." I playfully pushed Tate away.

"Well you don't know what you're missing out on." Bailey tsked and rubbed her little baby bump.

Yes that's right, Bailey was one month pregnant. Apparently werewolves didn't get married like humans did, they just accepted each other as mates. There was something almost liberating about that; the way they didn't have to tie themselves to any organizations and institutions besides themselves. Also the pack's Beta is usually the same age as the Alpha to ensure that a friendship bond is created between them to make running the pack easier, like Lucas and Thane.

Therefore Bailey was in the same position as me, she had to pop out a kid within the next seven months. She however got started early and only have four months to go.

Every time I was with Bailey however, I always thought of her mother. The one person who was furious when she found out that Thane exiled Abigail and she blamed it on me. I was actually surprised that the pack supported the decision, well everyone except for Bailey's mother.

Thane explained that a female wolf shares an unbreakable bond with her pups, even if it isn't hers, but the fact that Bailey's mom raised Abigail made her as close as possible to being Abigail's mother. I knew however that her blame was justified, I should have tried to stop Thane from doing what he did.

But that was a while back and there was nothing I could've done at the moment and I can't change it now since Abigail disappeared far away from the pack's territory and didn't leave a trail behind.

"That's just the pregnancy hormones speaking." Tate rolled her eyes.

"Just wait till you find your mate." Bailey laughed.

"Even then he might not want to be with you." I muttered grumpily in recalling my own situation.

Bailey gave me a knowing look, "I'm sure he just wants to ensure you're ready. After all you were pretty against him when he brought you here."

"That was then when I didn't know him." I shrugged in defeat.

"Okay...can we please change topics. I really don't need to know about my brother's sex life." Tate grumbled.

Bailey just laughed at her, "So what do you suggest then pup?"

"I'm almost seventeen." She stuck her tongue out childishly.

"Wait how haven't you found your mate yet? I thought you find each other at sixteen?" I asked curiously.

"That's typically when your mate is in the pack already. But for the unlucky few it's either a rogue you may never meet or it's most likely another wolf from one of the neighboring packs. Thane and the other Alpha's usually have a day where all the unmated wolves meet in hopes of finding each other and then you choose whose pack you want to stay in." Tate explained and I still found it interesting that I haven't yet learned everything about the pack life.

"I think that's actually in a few weeks." Bailey pondered.

"Hmm...I will have to ask Thane about it." I said.

"Speaking of my dimwit brother, you should probably start getting ready." Tate said grabbing Bailey's and I's hands and pulling us both up the stairs.

"Ohh right, I totally forgot that's why I came to find you." Bailey said and we laughed at her forgetfulness.

"I don't see why Thane couldn't ask me himself." I said as I walked into the closet.

"Maybe a little busy." Bailey shrugged.

"He could have asked me yesterday." I said because he left before I woke up this morning, which was odd because he always wakes me up.

"Maybe he didn't think about it yet." She invaded. "Whatever the reason, can we just find you something to wear."

"Honestly everyone's lack of faith in my outfit choices really hurts." I sulked.

"Okay, then tell me what you want to wear." Bailey stopped searching and looked at me expectantly.

I gazed around the large walk in closet and walked over to my stack of jeans and picked up a cute sweater, "Here, this will do."

Bailey just stood there with her jaw hanging and Tate was in a fit of laughter.

"I don't think that's date approved," Tate managed to get out between her giggles.

I rolled my eyes at her, "I wore jeans on my first date with Thane."

"But you aren't going for a stroll in the forest." Bailey explained.

"Actually she kinda will be." Tate added.

I gave them both curious glances, "Guys come on, you're both hiding something from me. Just tell me please, where's he taking me."

"No can do babe, you're just going to have to wait to find out." Bailey grinned.

Tate walked back to the section that held all the dresses and pulled out a cream high-low dress that was off the shoulder but still had spaghetti straps. It was a floral pattern with hibiscuses and leafs that decorated the entire dress in a variations of browns and pinks.

"This is the dress." Tate smiled at me.

"And this is the shoe." Bailey said picking out a pair of blush pink heels that tied into a bow at the ankle.

"Wouldn't she get stuck in the dirt?" Tate questioned.

"That's why the heel is broad." Bailey answered.

"Do I even want to know what's going on?" I hesitantly asked.

"Trust me you aren't going to get an answer." Tate smirked.

I raised both my hands in surrender, "Fine, I'm going to take a shower."

"Don't forget to shave!" Bailey called after me.

I hopped into the shower, washed my hair and scrubbed my body clean. When I came out of the shower I noticed a silk robe hanged on the back of the bathroom door with a sticky note saying 'put this on'.

I dried my body and towel dried my hair before slipping on the rob and exiting the bathroom.

Bailey and Tate were by the vanity table waiting for me, "Come on sit, we don't have much time." Bailey commanded.

I rolled my eyes but complied anyways, "Seriously guys this isn't necessary, I don't do the makeup thing."

"Oh hush would you." Tate shushed me.

"Okay, but please go light." I begged.

"Fine." Bailey mumbled.

Without another word, Tate blow dried my hair and gave it a few loose curls before she braided a section of the right side of my hair and pinned it up to the back of my head that resembled a crown braid but it wasn't. After that was done, Bailey applied a neutral makeup look for me and by the time they were finished, I had ten minutes to change.

They left me be while I changed into the dress and did up my heels. I secure my ruby gem, crescent moon necklace back around my neck since I took it off for my shower and I was finally ready for my mystery date.

I walked out into the living room Thane and I shared and was greeted with a whistle from Bailey, "Damn girl, you look hot."

"Thane's never going to let you out of his sight when he sees you." Tate smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"My girl's all grown up." Bailey smiled.

"Okay enough with the mushy stuff, let's go find my guy." I laughed.

Just as we reached the ground floor, the front door opened to reveal none other than Thane.

He and I both stopped in our tracks when we saw each other. It was as if time froze and we were the only two people in the room. I took our moment of shock to admire him. He was impeccably dressed in a pair of jeans, a navy blue shirt and a brown suit jacket.

It was actually the most professional he looked in all the five months that I've known him, even though he was still wearing jeans.

"Go on girl." Tate whispered in my ear and gently nudged me towards Thane.

We both snapped out of our revere and I saw Thane smile at me. "Hey." He said when I approached him.

"Hey to you to." I said shyly.

I didn't even know why I was being shy.

"I really missed you today." He said taking a step closer.

"I missed you too." I couldn't help but close the distance between us and threw my arms around his neck, "Don't you ever leave without waking me up first." I mumbled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

I felt his body shake with laughter beneath me, "I promise, it wouldn't happen again."

I lifted my head from his chest and looked into his eyes, "Good. Now tell me what's all this secret you have Bailey and Tate hiding from me."

"You're going to have to wait and see." He smirked before pecking my lips.

"You can tell me now. You know, save ourselves all this drama." I tried to bargain.

"Uhh uhh. You're not getting anything out of me." He smirked before unwrapping his hands from around me, only to take my hand in his. "Ready my lady?" He asked.

I nodded and he walked us both out the door.

"Have fun!" Bailey yelled out the door.

"But not too much!" Tate added along.

Thane chuckled at what they said as we walked down the driveway. "No car needed?" I asked

"Not today." He grinned and lead me into the forest at the left side of the pack house.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as I saw a pathway revealed just as we entered the woods.

"Trust me sweetheart, you're going to love it. Hopefully." He said nervously.

"You're being weird." I glanced at him curiously.

He just laughed it off as we walked further along the pathway. "Just nervous."

"Why?" I asked worriedly, "Is something wrong? Are there rogues? Do you need to go back?" I stopped walking.

He cupped my cheeks and looked at me with reverence, "It's nothing of that nature love. Don't worry no one's in danger."

"Are you sure?" I asked again.

"Positive, now quite worrying. Today's about you." He stated as he pulled me back along the pathway.

"Why? Is it my birthday, I'm pretty sure it isn't."

"It's not love, just stop guessing."

"That's like asking me not to breathe. You know I hate surprises, the suspense kills me." I grumbled.

"Suck it up princess you're going to have to wait for this one." He smirked.

I nudged him with my elbow because I knew I wouldn't be able to hurt him. "At least tell me the context." I pleaded.

"Hmm..." He pondered my words, "How about house hunting?"

"House hunting?" I asked stupidly.

"Yup." He nodded.

"But we already live in the pack house." I stated.

"Thank you captain obvious but that's all I'm saying for now." He shrugged with a smile playing on his face.

We walked and chatted for about five minutes before he stopped me, "Close your eyes." He said.

"Why? Are you going to shift?" I asked excitedly.

He chuckled, "Hmm if only I knew five months ago that you would actually be excited that I was a werewolf I would have told you the day I met you."

"Oh hush." I scolded.

He stepped behind me and placed one of his hand over my eyes and the other on my waist, "Can you see?"

"As blind as a bat." I answered.

I felt his lips on my ear as he whispered to me, "Okay just walk forward and I will guide you."

"What if you walk me into a tree?"

His laugh reverberated around the trees surrounding us, "I wouldn't dare."

"Good. Now where should I walk?"

"Straight ahead until I tell you to stop." He said.

We walked a few feet until he told me to stop. "Are we here?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah, we're here." He removed his hand from my eyes and placed it on my waist.

I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the setting sun glowing behind a large object.

And that object was a house. A quaint beautiful two story house. It was a cabin house with screen doors and windows to the front, a few steps leading to the front door, an outdoor area to sit, a cute little garden of to the right side and a few birch trees scattered around. A garage was of the left side that lead down to a driveway which extended into the road. There seemed to be a huge backyard and the entire property was surrounded by the forest. It was breathtaking in all its glory and the setting of the sun just created a homey ambiance.

"Where are we?" I managed to whisper out.

"Our new home." Thane said from behind me.

I whipped around to face him, "Home?"

He smiled at me nervously, "Yeah I was thinking that we would move out once we settle down on our own."

"What about the pack house?" I asked curiously.

"Well I don't the think the entire pack wants to hear us together-together." He coughed out with a blush.

"I love it." I said to him to save him from his embarrassment.

"You do?" He asked with pleading eyes of my confirmation.

"Yes, it's perfect for us." I grinned as I turned back around.

"I think it may need a little renovation though." He pondered.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean? The house looks brand new."

"That's because it is. Some of the pack and I have been building this since I turned eighteen, almost two years ago." He muttered.

I turned back to him, "You built this?!" I exclaimed.

He nodded at me shyly.

"But why the renovations?" I wondered.

"Because it may too small for our football team." He grinned.

"Thane, that's not what's going to happen." I scolded him and felt the blush grow on my cheeks at his insinuation of many kids.

"Want the grand tour?" He held his hand out for mine.

"Yes!" I squealed in excitement.

"Come on then." He grinned at me as we walked up the house hand in hand.

We walked up the four little steps that lead to the front door and walked in. The space was an outdoor area but blocked off by the screen windows that allowed the setting sunlight to flow in. To the right of us was a love seat, a few wicker chairs, a coffee table, a lamp and a few decorations to make it feel homey. To the left was a round breakfast table surrounded by a few more chairs.

We walked through another set of doors and was inside the house. The interior took my breath away. It had a homey, cottage ambiance to it and I fell even more in love with the space.

To the left was a stone fireplace with a mantel for the open living room and a few couches and coffee tables. To the right side held a wooden staircase that lead upstairs but Thane pulled me further into the house, past the living room area that lead to a large dining table.

"That's the kitchen," Thane pointed to the left of us and through an archway held a large kitchen, "and through those doors hold our bedroom." He pointed to double doors to the right of us.

"You know I can't cook right." I laughed as he excitedly showed me all the appliances and what not in the grand kitchen that had a large counter in the middle, a candle chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, a few windows surrounding the space and a door that lead to the outdoor sitting area in front of the house that I saw.

"Lucky thing for you I can." He picked me up and placed me on the counter and moved in between my legs. "Do you really like it?"

"Thane, I love it and more because you built it for us." I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to kiss him but he just allowed me a peck before pulling away. "Are you okay?" I asked because of his strange behavior.

He gave me a fake smile and pulled me off the counter and lead me towards the bedroom, "Come on let me show you the rest of the house."

Suffice to say, the house was perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. Our bedroom was very similar to the one we had back in the pack house along with an en suite and a large walk in closet, which to my surprise was filled with items to which Thane informed me was Bailey's doing since I needed new items. The upstairs held three bathrooms and five bedrooms, which was quite a lot but I didn't say anything to the man who wanted a football team of a family.

When we were finished with the inside he pulled me through the doors that lead to the backyard. It was already dark out by the time we were finished but to my surprise, the backyard was lighted with various fairy lights and lanterns that were strung upon some oak trees. It looked magical.

I let go of Thane's hand and walked ahead of him into the vast backyard that was huge, it went on and on until the thick forest took over. There was a pool to the right and a fire pit to the left with some lounge chairs. Besides that it was just fresh cut grass and miles of open space that wrapped around the entire house.

"This is so beautiful." I whispered to Thane but he didn't give me answer.

I turned around to see where he was but what I saw took my breath away more than the house.

Thane was down on one knee.

"Thane?" I asked in confusion.

He took my hands in his and looked more nervous than I've ever seen him and I felt clarity on why he was acting so strange.

I gave him a gentle smile of encouragement and he gave my hands a gentle squeeze.

"Emery Aiken, you're the love of my life, the girl made specifically for me from the moon goddess above, my mate. Fuck if there isn't a better word to describe what you are to me. You're more than just my mate, you're my savior, my Luna, my freaking world." He started off.

I felt tears in my eyes and the rapid beat of my heart as he continued on.

"From the day I saw you in the forest, running away from some lunatic, I knew it was you. I didn't need some stupid ritual to know you were the one. While I'm on that topic of rituals, I want to apologize again" I shook my head at him because a while ago I told him to never apologize for it again but here we are.

"No, I need to say it." He looked at me deeply, "I'm sorry for what had to happen but the more I think about it, I'm not sorry because I got you out of it, and you got me. I love every single thing about you from the way you take care our pack to the way you threaten to cut my balls off when we argue," We laughed at that one, "but out of everything, I love you for accepting me for who I am. You've definitely made my life better than it's ever been and even though you have the power to take care of everyone else, I want to be the one to take care of you for the rest of our lives." He kissed both palms of my hands. "I want it all with you sweetheart, from dealing with wolves to raising kids. I want you to be my reason for living." He reached into his jacket pocket and produced a small black velvet box and opened it to reveal a ring.

"Will you marry me?" He finally asked.

I stood there looking at him in complete shock. My mind screamed at me to say yes, yet all the things he confessed swirled around in my mind and left me in complete and utter awe. He took me by complete surprise and left me here with my heart in my throat beating at a rapid rate.

I looked at him with pure adoration and reverence that I never knew was possible till I met him. I realize that his facial expression grew to one of complete nervousness all because I hadn't answered him yet.

Without meaning to, I threw myself at him which caused him to fall onto his back with me on top and practically yelled into his ear, "Yes!"

He searched my face for any miscommunication and asked, "Really, are you sure?"

I laughed at his lack of confidence and smacked my lips onto his in a deep, passionate kiss that expressed all my emotions and thoughts that words couldn't fulfill.

After a quick minute we pulled away and I grinned at him, "Yes, I'm sure Thane. You're mine and I'm yours remember."

He chuckled beneath me, "You nearly gave me a heart attack you know that? I swore you were going to run for the hills when you went radio silent." He brushed some hair away from my face.

"Can't get rid of me that fast." I grinned.

"You forgot one thing." He smiled.

I raised my eyes in confusion, "Pretty sure the only thing needed from me was a 'yes'."

"Your ring." He got me off of him and pulled us both up together to stand and took the ring out of the box.

He took my left hand and slipped the engagement ring onto my ring finger. I finally looked at it and saw how beautiful it truly was. It was a pink teardrop shaped diamond set in a gold ring that was carved to look like a tree branch which held the ring as if it was claws holding onto the diamond. It was unique and I loved it.

"It's beautiful." I smiled down at the way it glint as it reflected the lights from the fairy lights strung above us.

"Yes you are." He cheekily smirked down at me.

I playfully swatted him, "Stop trying to be cheesy, I already said yes."

"Well babe, guess you're stuck with my cheesiness for the rest of our lives." He vowed.

"I like the sound of that." I hugged him tightly and he wrapped his arms around me securely.

A/N

And they're engaged! I sense a wedding soon ;)

Also it may seem fast pace but I felt it was time for Emane to get engaged :)

Song: Sleeping At Last - Two

So I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

If you did then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Also you can go check out my instagram @1fandombookgirl for images of the exterior and interior of Emery and Thane's house <3

Chapter Update: Wednesday

Read on wolfies, 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.7K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
155K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
687 140 150
Valkyrie, 'Val' Tenason, has been told for as long as she can remember that she suffers from schizophrenia like her mother. Her hallucination of choi...
19.6K 536 44
~~Third In the Alpha Series~~ ~~Please note this can be read as a stand alone but it is a prequel to the series since it takes place before "The Alph...