Shelter//Scott McCall 3

Od voidhales1242

~The Empath can literally feel what another person feeling. Depending on your particular gift you may feel th... Viac

Season 3A: Cast
~SOUNDTRACK~
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~

~6~

1K 21 1
Od voidhales1242

Chapter 6: Capture A Heart

Chapter Song: The Winner Takes It All by ABBA

"I've played all my cards, and that's what you've done too. Nothing more to say, no more ace to play. The winner takes it all. The loser's standing small."

~
Aiden never ended up taking me home last night, we might have went to a 24 hour diner on the outskirts of Beacon Hills and then got a hotel for the rest of the night, two beds of course. I'm not going to just go sleeping around with someone because I'm hurt, I still love Scott but I needed someone and he was good to talk to.

His twin brother Ethan had showed up sometime that night and we had all hung out. They never said anything to me but I smelt that they were werewolves. They didn't seem to be the type to be in the new alpha pack so I trusted them. I didn't think I had anything to worry about which I didn't. Our night was enjoyable and even though I could tell he wanted to try something, he didn't, he respected me.

I had him take me to Allison's at 7 am, which was where I was now. I was sat on her bed with my legs crossed while I fiddled with a frilly pillow. Lydia was already here discussing something with Allison so I sat here silently not wanting to intrude on their happy conversation about Lydia's newest hookup.

I had been ignoring and blocking out the whole conversation until I heard Lydia's voice speak a certain name, Scott.

" So were going to meet with Scott and see if he knows what the bruises mean?" She asked as she sat in the bean bag in the corner picking at her nails.

Allison sighed as she stood with her hand on her hip, " It's the only thing we can do. The girl was looking for Scott."

I sat up straight and stopped twiddling my fingers as I spoke, " What girl?"

" Oh she speaks." Lydia says with a chuckle, " It's not like we've been trying to talk to you for 30 minutes."

I shook my head, " I'm sorry Lydia. I really am just have a lot on my mind. What girl are you guys talking about?"

" We don't really know who she is, all we know is that she was looking for Scott. It was like it was dire for her to find him, she didn't leave us with much other than the bruises on our wrists." Allison said as she held her wrist up and twisted it around as she examined it.

I flew foreword and trapped her wrist gently in my hand as to not hurt her, " When did this happen?" I asked urgently. I felt bad that she had gotten hurt in anyway, I felt bad that I wasn't there to protect them both.

" After you guys left school. She found us in the hallway and when we said we didn't know where Scott was she gripped our wrists and left these bruises." Allison replied.

I turned to Lydia and motioned for her to stand up and show me hers. She grunted in annoyance and walked over and held her wrist out to me. My eyes widened in shock as I realized they were exactly the same bruise, how was that even possible?

" Why are the exact same? Does it mean something?" I asked as I dropped Lydia's arm and looked at them expectantly.

" I don't really think so but Allison thinks they are a symbol for something. That's why she wants to see if Scott knows anything." Lydia said with a nonchalant shrug as she walked over to the bean bag and plopped back into it.

" Well, if you're asking Scott I'm not going." I said as I flung my back onto Allison's bed and stared at the ceiling.

" What? Why not?" Allison said with shock. I felt her body hurriedly run over to the side of the bed. The bed side dipped as she sat down.

I could feel her eyes boring into me so with a reluctant sight I said quietly," We broke up."

The room was silent as I stared at the ceiling for a few moments but Allison's hand soon came to rest on my knee as she looked at me with sympathy, " Oh, Izzy. I'm so sorry."

I shook my head and sat up to face her, " No don't be sorry. It's okay I'll get through it."

Allison shook her head rapidly and grabbed my hands in hers, " How is that okay? You guys were supposed to be the one good thing that lasted in Beacon Hills. After all the hours you spent writing those letters for him, how could it just end?"

" That's exactly the thing, we broke up because of the letters. He said that I was weak because of the one that I drunkenly wrote." I took a deep breath as tears filled my eyes, " Allison, he called me weak. He'd never do that when he knows how much I hate it, I'm just so confused and I feel stupid."

My head fell into my hands as I cried into them, as I did this I felt the other side of the bed dip down as well and I knew Lydia had joined us. I felt her scoot closer to me until she was right beside me. Her arms then softly wrapped around me as she pulled me into her chest. 

"Izzy, listen to me. You are not stupid, not even in the slightest. We all thought that you two were going to last, it's not your fault for believing in something so special." Lydia said as she began to run her fingers through my hair, " He's the stupid one, I don't know what got into him but I know that if he was willing do that he's not worth you or your tears."

" But I love him." I cried out into Lydia's chest. She squeezed me tighter as she felt my tears drip onto her knitted sweater.

" Shh... I know. I really do but honestly he's not worth it. You always were there to tell me when Jackson was being an asshole so now I'm telling you that Scott is an asshole and you don't need him." She said with a comforting yet stern tone. I couldn't help but chuckle as she mentioned Jackson. I missed him a lot.

I stayed silent after hearing her words, I didn't really have anything else to say because I agreed. All I wanted was to be with my best friends and I was already here. I snuggled more into Lydia's chest and let the few tears I had left flow out as I sniffled. I felt Allison move across the bed over to us before wrapping her arms around the both of us.

" You're gonna be okay Izzy. We're here for you." Allison said in a soothing and reassuring voice.

I really appreciated these two and I now knew why they were my best friends. They were the two best people in my life. Sure, Allison, Lydia and I have had our fair share of fights and arguments but we always found our way back to eachother. We were always going to be the trio that met in the hallways on Allison and I's first day of school. Always and forever.

****

" I can't believe I let the two of you drag me here." I said as I swung my legs from the cabinet I had taken a seat on in an empty classroom.

Allison and Lydia had dragged me into here so they could have a conference meeting with my dad who apparently was being brought here by Scott. They had decided to show him earlier when I wasn't present but when Scott had no idea he thought it would be best to ask my dad. I of course tried to back out as soon as I heard Scott's name but they made me come because apparently they need me there to control my dad. I reluctantly came just to reassure them but I knew he wouldn't do anything to them, he really wasn't that harmful when it came down to it.

Lydia turned to me and glared, " Your here because you're as much apart of this as anyone else. You don't need to be exiled from the group just because you and Scott ended things."

" So this isn't about me protecting you from my dad?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised.

Allison winced guiltily, " Not exactly. We were hoping that after we talked to him you'd want to talk to Scott."

My eyes widened in shock before I scoffed in annoyance and crossed my arms over my chest, " What happened to him being an asshole and me not needing him?"

" Lydia and I talked to him today and he became slightly less of an asshole. Izzy, you should just let him explain. At least listen and if you can't forgive the things he said then fine, we won't ever make you talk to him again." Allison said with pleading eyes.

I wanted to yell at them, did they not understand how the things he said hurt me? I really saw no explanation for the things he said. Instead I glared at them silently and jumped off the counter. I then made my way towards the door of the classroom, I didn't want to be here. He didn't deserve my time.

I heard Lydia and Allison sigh sadly as I walked away but I payed no mind to them. I loved them and all but I wasn't about to hash this out with Scott like it was nothing. It was so much more than that.

I grabbed the door and yanked it open furiously only to be met with the face I didn't want to see. Scott's face broke out into shock as he stared at me. I just rolled my eyes angrily and pushed past him. I smiled at my dad who stood right behind him and walked down the hall.

I didn't know where I was going to go since I had a free block right now but I'd find somewhere to go. Anywhere but in that room with Scott McCall.

As I walked down the hall aimlessly not exactly paying attention to where I was going I crashed into a body and fell to the ground.

I rubbed my head from the impact and when I looked to see who I had hit they were smiling down at me goofily holding a hand down to me.

I chuckled to myself before accepting his hand and allowing him to help pull me up, " I'm sorry about that, Aiden. I wasn't really watching where I was going."

" I see that." He let out a light chuckle before reaching out to me and tucking a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear.

I blushed a deep red and bit my lip nervously. I watched as Aiden smiled at me and shook his head with a smile.

" What?" I questioned.

" Nothing. I'm just wondering how any guy would break your heart. You're honestly the cutest girl I've ever seen." He put his arm next to my head on the locker and smirked at me.

" Well thank you. You're not too bad looking yourself." I said with a blush.

" Oh, I got you to compliment me back finally. I call that progress."

" Progress In What?"

" Getting you to like me the way I like you." His smirk grew once again as he stared at me.

" You barely know me." I said as I played with my fingers and looked down to the ground. I couldn't believe that he had already liked me within one day, I wouldn't let someone into my heart that easily again.

" Okay, you might be right but I'm willing to get to know you and with that being said, I had my brother look up your schedule and he found out you have a free period right now and I'd like to take you out. Ethan would be coming too." He gave me an expectant look, I knew he was hoping I'd go with him even though I knew it wasn't the smartest idea.

I stood there and thought for a minute before sighing and giving him a small smile, " Fine, Ill go but I need to be back before next class."

" Your wish is my command." He said as he bowed to me in an old fashioned manner before grabbing my wrist and pulling me down the hall. Right before we reached the double doors leading to the back of the school his brother Ethan joined us and offered me a sweet smile to which I returned immediately.

We were then greeted with a bunch of students who were hurrying to get to their next class. What I hadn't expected to see was Scott and Stiles walking together. I tried to keep my gaze away from them as we walked but as soon as we passed them, Stiles and Scott's eyes glued to me. I never once looked them in the eyes as I kept walking but I could sense Scott's anger. I could literally feel what he wanted to do and he wanted to kill Aiden and Ethan for even being near me but he lost the right do that when he stomped on my heart.

I pushed his feelings of anger away from me and put a smile on my face as Aidens hand moved to my back and guided me to his motorcycle. I watched as he swiftly jumped on and situated his helmet on his head. Ethan gripped his in his hand and held it out to me to take.

I began to shake my head in protest but he just pushed it towards me more, " Take it. We'd rather you be safe than me."

I smiled and reluctantly took the black metallic helmet from him and held it in my grip before pulling it onto my head. Aiden then held it his hand to me to which I smiled at and allowed him to pull me up onto the bike with him. My arms just like the other night immediately situated themselves around his waist.

Aiden nodded at his brother and they both preceded to start their motorcycles before taking off and zooming through the school parking lot and then onto the open road. I held on to Aiden with a tight grip as we cruised along the streets.

Somewhere along the way I had taken the helmet off my head so my hair could openly flow out. I remembered how much I had liked it two nights ago and it was no different now. The wind going through my hair made me feel more relaxed and calm than I had felt in a long time. I gripped Aiden harder, while I pulled myself closer to him and laid my head on his back.

I felt contempt and happiness flow through his body as soon as my head made contact with his sculpted and muscular back. I hadn't even known I liked boys with a muscular backs but I did now. I closed my eyes with a sigh and just enjoyed the rest of the ride to where ever the hell we were going.

When we finally stopped and I heard the motors shut off, I slowly raised my head from Aidens back and looked at our surroundings. We were at the mall, the mall I was so used to going to with Lydia almost every weekend.

I furrowed my eyebrows at Aiden and Ethan in confusion as I climbed off of the back of Aiden's motorcycle with them following suit, " What are we doing at the mall?"

Aiden and Ethan gave eachother a smile before turning back to me and saying at the exact same time, " You need a new phone."

The way they spoke together reminded me of Isaac and myself which actually made us speaking at the same time seem kinda creepy. I now understood why some people gave us weird looks when we did it.

" You guys didn't have to bring me here. I could get it myself, you guys do know I have a my own car right?" I asked as we began to walk through the parking lot and towards the entrance of the mall.

" Yeah, we figured as much but Aiden over here wants you to love him so much that he insists we must buy you a new phone." Ethan said sassily as he pointed his thumb at Aiden.

Aiden groaned in annoyance and pushed his brother on the shoulder harshly. He obviously was trying to hide the fact that he wanted to pay for it. He knew deep down that I'd never let him pay for it but maybe I knew deep down too that I'd give in at some point. For some reason, this feeling of knowing I'd give in eventually led to me immediately accepting the offer which was very out of character for me.

" Well, if he insists then I will accept the offer of a new phone. I have to admit it's been kind of annoying to not be able to easily contact anyone." I said with a shrug as I walked through the automatic doors of the mall with Ethan slightly in front of me and Aiden to the left of me.

Luckily we didn't have to walk that far because the Apple store was close to the front of the mall. I was happy that Lydia wasn't here, I'd be walking around this mall for hours with callouses on the bottoms of my feet from the heels she would have forced me into.

Aiden insisted that I let him and Ethan pay every last penny but I couldn't have that so behind their backs I bought myself a few cases for my new phone so that I didn't feel like a total free loader. The shopping actually didn't stop there because on the way out I spotted a new pair of heels that I simply had to have and the shopping spiral just got worse from there on out. I complain all the time about Lydia forcing me to wear things but the reality is I enjoy it just as much as she does.

We ended up staying there for nearly half the day and I ended up walking out of the mall with 7 or 8 bags. I had bought a few things not only for myself but Allison and Lydia. I was mad at them for trying to make me speak to Scott but I just couldn't help it.

I had no idea how the hell I was supposed to carry the bags on the motorcycle with Aiden and Ethan but we somehow found a way. The whole ride back to the school involved me screaming out that I almost dropped the bag with my new expensive heels in them but luckily for me I managed to save every single bag.

The parking lot was nearly empty as the twins pulled out on their motorcycles and I made the walk to my car. I thought I had been alone but I was wrong because there leaning on my car was my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend and he did not look happy.

As I approached him, he stared at me angrily. I avoided his gaze and silently unlocked my car with my keys before throwing the bags into the back seat. I proceed to slam the back door once they were situated and moved to the drivers door where Scott conveniently had decided to lean.

I ignored his stare and began to push his body off my door while gripping the handle with my hand. I didn't speak I just continued to push him with my hip. He barely budged so I angrily let go of the door handle and stood in his face, " Move now or I will not hesitate to kick your ass, Scott."

He just rose his eyebrow and smirked, " Oh, really now?"

" Yes, move asshole." I pushed my palms against his chest making his back hit my car hard. I winced slightly at the impact but not for him but for my poor car.

He quickly recovered and stood up straighter than he did before and crossed his arms over his chest, " I'm not leaving until you talk to me."

" I'm talking to you now. So you can fuck off now, goodbye." I said as I waved him off with my hand sassily. Why couldn't he just fucking leave already? He was ruining my fun day.

" No, I want to talk about the other night." He said sternly as he looked into my eyes pleading for me to listen to him.

" Well, I don't. You already showed me how you really feel and I'm done with this conversation. Just let me leave." I shouted at him as I went to grab for the handle again.

This time though his hand gripped my wrist and stopped me from grabbing my car. I glared up at him but he held a straight face.

" I'm not letting you go until you listen to me. No matter how hard you try to leave you are staying here. I will stand here all night."

I ripped my wrist out of his grip and stepped back from him. I angrily stood in place and crossed my arms over my chest as I pouted, " Fine. I'll listen but that doesn't mean I'll believe any of your bullshit."

He sighed and shook his head, " It's not bullshit, Izzy. You don't even know what you are talking about."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, " Sure I don't, Scott."

" You really don't." He sighed and started to walk closer to me but I backed up. I didn't want him close to me. I just wanted to leave.

He shook his head sadly and stayed where he was, obviously he noticed my discomfort. Probably the one good thing he's done so far.

" I know you probably won't believe me but I didn't mean a word I said that night. It was the full moon that's happening tomorrow. I don't know why it was already having an effect on me but it did. I also feel as if those weird animal occurrences were affecting my words too, making me say crazy and irrational things. I promise you, I would never say those things to you, never in a million years. I love you, Isabella Hale." His eyes looked saddened as he stared at me with his puppy dog eyes. I wanted to run to him, to believe every word that just fell from his mouth, but I couldn't it made no sense.

" Scott, as much as I want to believe you I can't. You said some nasty things. I wrote those letters to you to show you how much I loved you and missed you but you just threw them back in my face, like they meant nothing." I said on the verge of tears.

Scott again took a step towards me when he noticed my glossy eyes and this time I didn't move. I still didn't want him near me after everything he said but I didn't have the energy to move away again.

" Izzy, those letters meant everything to me. You have to believe that. That's how I know I was under some kind of influence. I brought you out there to tell you how sorry I was that you went through that but something snapped in me and I said the exact opposite. I never meant to say those things." He said as he reached out to me but I turned to the side and closed my eyes shut tightly trying to hold myself together.

I kept my eyes closed but whispered out, " How am I supposed to believe that? Where is your proof, how do I know you're not playing me?"

" You want proof? Fine, I'll give you proof." Scott said confidently. I slightly opened my eyes as I heard Scott struggling with the backpack on his back. I watched as he unzipped the smaller pocket in the front and pulled out his phone. He threw his backpack to the ground without a care and started aggressively typing on his phone.

When he seemed to have found what he was looking for he held the phone out to me, " Here." He said as he urged me to take it.

I looked at him skeptically but hesitantly took the phone from his grasp and began to look and what he thought was proof,

From Stiles:

Dude, Izzy might be a pain in the ass but god did I miss her. Don't tell her that, actually forget I even sent this to you, delete this now.

I chuckled at the first message which Scott never actually replied to and continued to read,

To Stiles:
Did you know she wrote me letters while in France?

From Stiles:
Who?

To Stiles:
Izzy, you idiot. She wrote me letters every day. She never sent them of course but she wrote them and god I think I've fallen even more in love with her after reading them.

From Stiles:
Good to know that you have love in your life, buddy. Stop rubbing it in my face.

To Stiles:
I'm not trying to but gosh I love her. She even wrote me one when she was drunk out of her mind.

From Stiles:
Drunk? How? I thought you guys couldn't get drunk. I told you she came back as some kind of witch. Empath actually=witch

To Stiles:
I don't know but I know she's not a witch, Stop thinking that she is. Anyways, she like freaking poured her heart out into the letters. What am I supposed to do when I didn't do anything for her?!?

From Stiles:
IDK write her a song, buy her food or a new leather jacket, or like get another tattoo for her, actually you can't do that since the last one burned off soooo I really don't know, Scotty but don't forget to tell her how much you appreciated the letters, girls love that stuff.

To Stiles:
Trust me I won't. Ill just get her the leather jacket, that has meaning right?

From Stiles:
Yeah of course, she'll love it. Now let me have my peace.

To Stiles:
What are you even doing right now? It's 1 am, Stiles.

From Stiles:
Not that's it concerns you but I'm battling mythical creatures and I kind of need focus.

I decided to stop reading there because it no longer held any importance to me to read anymore messages. Besides I already knew that Stiles fought on an online league to fight mythical creatures, he tried to get me to play one day which didn't really end well. I ended up breaking his keyboard because I kept dying.

I silently took my eyes off the phone and looked into Scott's who was staring back at me hopefully. I simply held his phone out to him and attempted to walk around him and go to my car but he caught me by the shoulders before I could do anything.

I struggled and tried to kick him away from me but his grip tightened with every kick I sent to his leg.

" Izzy, stop struggling. I don't understand why you are still leaving after you read those messages. Please, just talk to me!" He pleaded as I continued to try and get out of his grip.

" No!" I shouted at him aggressively, the voice from the elevator once again coming back, Scott looked taken aback as he let go of my shoulders and took a step back while gazing at me with a perplexed face. I grabbed my arms and rubbed them out of embarrassment, I hadn't meant to do that.

I shook my head before looking up at Scott with confidence, " You called me weak Scott so I'm gonna prove right now that I'm not. It's weak when I forgive everyone just because they have a legitimate reason. I allow people to hurt me over and over and I'm not doing that anymore. You still said those words, Most of the time the influence of the full moon brings out the things you're too scared to say regularly."

I took a deep sigh and started backing up on my heels towards my car, " Scott, I admit that you may have really enjoyed the letters when you texted that to Stiles but you still said those things. It's going to take a whole lot more than that for me to forgive you."

I had reached my car and I had my hands on the door handle behind me, I was still watching Scott to see what he was going to say. I wasn't entirely pissed with him anymore but I knew that I wasn't going to just forgive and forget.

He shook his head angrily before staring straight into my eyes, " Fine. I'll do anything to get you back and if that means winning your heart all over again so be it."

He then turned on his heel and walked away over to his brand new lime green bike. I smiled at the thought of him trying to win me back, it showed that he cared. Now I didn't want to feel like a spoiled bitch but it felt good to have someone want to fight to get your love back. With that I pulled open the door of my car and jumped in.

As I started the engine I turned to my right and screamed in shock when I saw someone sitting in my passenger seat. I calmed down immediately when I noticed it was just my twin brother. He looked at me and chuckled at my reaction.

I held my hand over my heart and let out staggered breath, " Now I know how Stiles feels when I scare him, what the hell are you doing in my car?"

He shrugged his shoulders and began going through my glove box, " It was unlocked. Plus, I was waiting to talk to you all day, did you have fun on your little trip?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as he continued to search through my glove box, I don't think he was even looking for anything just doing something to preoccupy himself, " How do you even know about that?"

He stopped going through my stuff and turned to me. His expression was not one I liked to see on my brother, on my other half. He was not pleased with me, not angry like Scott but rather disappointed.

" Scott told me. He also told me who you went with and to say I'm not happy about it is an understatement. They could have hurt you, severely."

" What do you mean? Aiden and Ethan couldn't hurt a fly, they're sweet." I didn't understand why he didn't like them, they had just gotten to town and every time I was with them all they've done is be kind.

He rolled his and scoffed, " Yeah, they're really nice, Izzy. Trying to kill your twin brother and the girl who saved him is really nice."

My face contorted into one of shock, " What do you mean they tried to kill you?"

" Izzy, they're part of the Alpha pack. They form this huge wolf together and they tried to kill me, they're why I was in the hospital."

I sat there silent and let the words sink in. I had just allowed two people into my life that were ruthless killers under their nice exterior. I felt stupid now for not noticing. What the hell have I done?

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

90.1K 2.6K 29
This is for you guys like me wanting a Peter Hale x reader and no it's not a young Peter one You moved back to My home town Beacon hills you were hap...
14.8K 458 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
6.9K 109 31
This is once again another Teen Wolf fanfiction. ----- Everything was over....right? Wrong. There has been a disease outbreak in Beacon Hills. It's a...
53.6K 1.4K 18
Hypervigilance: an enhanced state of sensory sensitivity accompanied by an exaggerated intensity of behaviors whose purpose is to detect threats. In...