RUINS ( FINNICK ODAIR ) ✓

By -voidlegends

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐒 # 🌊🐚⚔️ -', ༄ ❪ 𝙵𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝙾𝙳𝙰𝙸𝚁 ❫ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 ━ a... More

𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐒
o. ❪ mixtape ❫
o. ❪ trailer ❫
⍣ ೋ ACT ONE ▬▬▬ uneven odds
PROLOGUE ━━ when everything falls
i. ━━ something wicked
ii. ━━ the odds
iii. ━━ a parade from hell
iv. ━━ the enemy of my enemy
v. ━━ ode to the fallen
vi. ━━ the art of pretending
vii. ━━ better odds?
viii. ━━ welcome to the jungle
ix. ━━ a saving grace
x. ━━ the mist
xi. ━━ sacrificial throwbacks
xii. ━━ almost lover
xiii. ━━ forgotten dreams
xiv. ━━ sparks
xv. ━━ wicked games
xvi. ━━ comfort of home
xvii. ━━ forever
xviii. ━━ the end is nigh
xix. ━━ lightning strikes
⍣ ೋ ACT TWO ▬▬▬ fan the flames
xx. ━━ heartaches
xxi. ━━ forgotten times
xxii. ━━ unfortunate souls
xxiii. ━━ scripted misery
xxiv. ━━ the great unknown
xxv. ━━ fight another day
xxvi. ━━ ode to the strong
xxvii. ━━ the face of war
xxviii. ━━ bitterness of war
xxix. ━━ a rich man's war
xxx. ━━ prayers for the lost
xxxi. ━━ flickering flames
xxxii. ━━ catching fire
xxxiii. ━━ farewells
xxxiv. ━━ a white rose
xxxv. ━━ graveyard of memories
xxxvi. ━━ the hanging tree
xxxvii. ━━ the final countdown
xxxviii. ━━ to love in darkness
xxxix. ━━ battlefield of roses
xl. ━━ the grande final
⍣ ೋ ACT THREE ▬▬▬ from the ashes
xli. ━━ a gut feeling
xlii. ━━ hello to forever
xliv. ━━ the honeymoon
xlv. ━━ day of the new dawn
xlvi. ━━ no escape from reality
xlvii. ━━ violent ends
xlviii. ━━ in remembrance
xlix. ━━ darkness ahead
l. ━━ all must end
li. ━━ nightlock nightlock nightlock
lii. ━━ icarus closing in
liii. ━━ all alone
liv. ━━ the odds change
EPILOGUE ━━ worth it

xliii. ━━ till death do us part

20.8K 755 243
By -voidlegends

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act three. from the ashes
FORTY THREE ━━ till death do us part

being loved gives you strenght,
loving deeply gives you courage

lau tzu

      SHE HAD FELT NERVOUS FOR HER FIRST GAMES, SHE'D BEEN A JITTERY MESS WHEN THE COUNTDOWN started, signaling the start of the torturous game, but these jitters, this anxiety coursing through her body like electricity was different. A good different, Erin concluded as she took in a deep breath when the woman beside her, turned her around to face a mirror in the room.

    "You look beautiful darling," Effie gushed as she adjusted Erin' braided hair carefully over her left shoulder before smoothening her veil out with a proud grin displayed on her own face. "He's going to cry when he sees you." She added after a moment as they looked at her reflection in the mirror.

     Erin's hazel eyes looked over her appearance in the mirror, the gorgeous dress, made by Effie and her minimal supplies looked like something she'd pulled out of one of her childhood dreams. The way the soft white material flown around her like the waves of the ocean—to the delicate and detailed embroidery decorating the top part.

     It was perfect, today would be perfect. She reminded herself once more. She deserved perfect after everything Snow had done to her, to Finnick, and to everyone else effected by his wicked games.

     "I love it Effie." She whispered breathlessly admiring herself in awe, still not sure how the woman was able to make such magnificent thing with the limited supplies thirteen offered them and create this masterpiece. "You're a miracleworker."

     Her hand glided over the pearls seamed to the neckline of her dress, it reminded her of her mother's wedding dress. She had only been five at the time, but she remembered every little detail like it happened yesterday. The way her mother glided down the sandy shores of distrect four, how her dressed fell behind her like waves.

    And only now, did she really see how much she looked like her mother right now and she had to supress the urge to cry at the sudden realisation.

    "Now! No tears, you musn't ruin your makeup darling." Effie tutted, handing her a tissue, "they better be happy tears though."

     "They are, they are." Erin assured her, carefully wiping away the tears from her eyes, "it's just," she takes in a deep breath,"— I look like my mum."

     Effie's expression softens at her words and she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, "they are right here with you Erin, they always are."

    The brunette unconsiously placed her hand on her heart, "I know."

    The two are interrupted by a soft knock on the door, making them both turn around, "dry your tears now! It's your wedding day!" Effie grins, easily shifting back to her cheerful demeanor, before walking to the door to open it to greet, or threaten the person at the door.

    "Whoa— you, you look amazing." Erin turned to face the door to find Alex standing in the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest, a look of awe on his face. "You look just like—"

    "—mum, I know." She whispered softly, interrupted him as her older brother fully steps inside the room.

    "You're getting married today." Alex stated as he stepped beside his little sister, "To Finnick of all men." He joked, a small chuckle escaping his lips

     Erin nudged him with her elbow, rolling her eyes in the progress, "you wouldn't want it any other way brother dearest." She jested, a chuckle escaping her parted lips.

     "I knew this was going to happen." The curly haired man admitted, "from the moment he was reaped, that's when I knew you two loved each other. Frankly it did take you a lot of time to come clean about those feelings, but here we are."

    "It has been a long, long time since that day." Erin said, eyes averting towards her brother. "We're very different people now though."

     "That we are little sister, that we are." Alex nodded. "But we're still here aren't we?"

      Erin grinned, looping her arm through her brother's, leaning her head against his shoulder, "and we will be here for a long time to come." She whispered with confiction.

     "That we will."

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚

     "I'm ready," Erin nervously breathed out as she stood before the closed door, a door where behind it, her future waited. Relaxing her muscles, the brunette turned her hazel eyes towards her brother.

    "Wait, I just need to fix—" Effie approached her quickly, adjusting her veil on last time."—this."

     "You did wonders Effie, it looks perfect." She assured the sweet woman with a bright smile, a smile that had comforted so many people all these years. "Thank you."

    "You're welcome darling." Effie stepped back, tears gathering in her own eyes.

    Erin took another deep breath, she could hear the low murmur of the crowd behind the door where the service was to be held, and another set of butterflies went through her stomach.

    "This is it." Alex turned towards his sister. "You're big moment."

     Erin nodded in agreement. "It is."

    "I wish mum and dad could see you now."

     "They can." She expressed firmly, intertwining their fingers, once their arms are looped, "they can still see us."

     "It'time darling." Effie announced, "now don't trip please."

    Erin grinned, shaking her head, "no promises."

    A familiar tune filled the room, one Erin rembered all too well, and her eyes snapped up to meet Alex' "that mum and dad's song—how?"

     "Beetee is a miracle worker of his own." He explains and not a second later, the two large doors seperating Erin from the crowd swings open.

     Erin can feel her heart hammering in her chest as she looks at the gathered crowd ahead of her, she spots Johanna in the crowd, still sporting a bald head and her trade mark stoic look, but when their eyes lock, the woman's eyes lit up and a smile takes over for her friend and Erin glady returns the smile.

    Then her eyes flicker to the Everdeen family, to Prim, the youngest Everdeen adorns two braids and a warm smile, and beside her, Katniss even supports a smile of her own as they lock eyes.

    Then her eyes quickly focus on the beautifully decorated room, green scenery and anemonen flowers flourished in every corner of the room.

     But once her eyes meet the familiar ocean eyes of Finnick, everything around her disappears. It just like they are the only two people in the world. Dressed in perfectly tailors suit, the man of her dreams is waiting at the end of the aisle, wearing a smile brighter than the sun.

     With everystep she took closer to him, her heart beated faster, but it wasn't the nerves anymore, it was the excitement of finally marrying him.

    A couple steps away from Finnick, Alex stops and he turns to look at his sister lovingly and she returns the gesture before leaning up to place a kiss on his cheek.

    And as Alex walks away to his own seat, Erin goes to stand beside Finnick, their eyes locked on one another. "You looked angelic." He whispers so she's the only one who can hear is affectionous words and a soft blush covers her cheeks

     "You look quite dapper yourself." She replied just as quietly.

    And just like that, the ceremony starts and the soft murmurs of the crowd fall completely silent.

    "Today we have gathered here in celebration of a love that conquers all, of devotion, of friendship, but most important of all, of two people who have found their forever in each other."

     "Love conquers all, it conquers pain, heartbreak and loss. It defeats everything when it is true."

     "And I can say, truely say, that everyone here today has their own love story, maybe of a significant other, of a friend, of a brother, a sister, a mother or a father. Some have been cut short, others are long and have flourished over the years. Some are already written, others are yet to come."

    "There are chapters in our stories, chapters that are sad, or dissapoiting and bring an ache into our hearts— and there are the ones filled with happiness and excitement."

    "And this is a time, to look back at those moments, and remember what brought you here today. And even though this experience is so incredible, words always fail us when we try explain this feeling, but that's just the way love is, it demands to be felt, nothing more and nothing less."

    "And you Finnick, Erin have felt it. Once by chance, but you are standing here because of the choice you made. You are chosing each other."

    "If you would please hold onto each other's hand now."

    Erin and Finnick both did, grabbing eachother's hand, smiling happily.

    "Do you, Finnick, promise to love and cherish, to support and to encourage Erin, through the good days and through the bad days till death do you part?"

      "I do."

     "Do you, Erin, promiss to love and cherish, to support and encourage Finnick, through the good days and through the bad days till death do you part?"

     "I do."

     Erin smiled up at Finnick, as he did the same to her, complete adoration on their faces.

    "Finnick, as you place this ring on Erin's finger, repeat after me. "With this ring, I pledge my love to you for forever however long it might be, and to stay true to the promises we made today."

     "With thing ring." Finnick carefully slided the ring on her finger, "I pledge my love to you for forever however long it might be, and to stay true to the promises we made today."

     Erin admired the simple band for a moment, before it was her turn.

    "Erin repeat after me, as you place thing ring on Finnick's finger, "I pledge my love to you for forever however long it might be, and to stay true to the promises we made today."

     The brunette took a deep breath before repeating the words, "with this ring, I pledge my love to you for forever however long it might be and to stay true to the promises we made today."

     "I can proudly say now, that you are husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

    Not a second after the words left his lips, Finnick pulled her toward him with an soft tug and a warm hand behind her neck, and brought his lips down against hers in a sweet kiss.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 20.3K 33
-𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 ᵖᵉᵉᵗᵃ ᵐᵉˡˡᵃʳᵏ '𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙇...
25.4K 313 17
HER WORDS WERE AS SWEET AS CANDY if candy was laced with poison [Catching fire] [Finnick Odair x oc] started: 29.3.20 fini...
12.7K 353 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- ❝Don't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.❞ ❝I won't leave you Finnick,❞ She kissed...
163K 5.3K 37
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐲𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭�...