The Drive-In | l.s.

By uwuforlarry

harry styles. the eighteen year old boy who would give anything to have the attention of none other than loui... More

the drive-in
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
chapter 6.
chapter 7.
chapter 8.
chapter 9.
chapter 10.
chapter 11.
chapter 12.
chapter 13.
chapter 14.
chapter 15.
chapter 16.
love letter
chapter 17.
chapter 18.
chapter 19.
chapter 20.
chapter 21.
chapter 22.
chapter 23.
chapter 24.

chapter 1.

3K 89 67
By uwuforlarry

their skin became their diary; inked with the words they couldn't say.

۵

It was Friday night; one of the busiest nights for the workers at the drive-in. Their constant aching backs, trembling legs, and throbbing heads always made their time at work an even more living hell. No one ever had the time to just sit for a second and have a soda, let alone take a whole thirty-minute break. Only when they snuck off for quick pee were they able to escape the elderly who acted as though they knew how to do your job better than you did and the hormonal teens who never seemed to be able to stop sucking each other's faces.

Says Harry.

Weekends were always the hardest for the drive-in. Everyone absolutely dreaded the week coming to an end. Everyone, of course, except Harry.

While his fellow coworkers were practically dragging themselves along, praying for the weekend to be over with, Harry was perched up on a stool at the concession stand with the biggest smile on his face.

His usual messy uniform was ironed down perfectly - not a single wrinkle in sight. Striped dress shirt properly tucked into khaki trousers, shoes neatly tied. He even made sure not to 'forget' his bowtie this time. It was a very simple uniform however it fit Harry perfectly. He was quite the looker, rather charming.

Every now and then Harry would quickly sneak a glance at himself through the glass of the cooler just to make sure he looked okay.

Only after running a hand through his quiff and rearranging his chocolate curls multiple times, was he finally satisfied with his appearance.

Giving his usual dimpled grin, he reached over and pulled a piece of licorice out from a brand new package. He remained chewing on his favorite sweet as he waited to spot the reason behind his late night hard-ons.

And if Harry folded up his already short sleeves just so this particular person would think he was cool, he would never say.

You see, Harry only got this way on Friday and Saturday evenings - as was said earlier.

But if you asked him if it happened to be because of none other than Louis Tomlinson, the 'annoying little shit who only came to cause trouble and steal cigarette packs,' he would probably turn into a blushing mess and ask you why. And more quietly, if Louis sent you to ask.

Which, of course, he did not.

The older lad had no idea who this odd curly-haired boy was, nor did he pay any attention to how flustered he made him every time he walked by. But Harry never lost hope. In fact, he made sure to tell those around him that Louis was, indeed, his soulmate.

The younger lad was about to reach for some more sweets when a rather tall, blonde boy walked up to the stand, interrupting his search.

"Ehm, you guys don't happen to have some fresh popcorn do you? Mines a bit stale."

Harry remained silent for a second, completely stunned from the enduring accent and incredibly attractive metal attached to the boy's lip. It almost reminded him of Louis' piercings.

Almost.

He recognized the boy as being one of Louis' friends he always hung around with.

"Oh, let me just make a new batch for you." Harry spoke softly, recovering. "Sorry about that." He added quietly under his breath.

Getting up from his stool, he quickly turned to the popcorn machine sitting behind him in attempt to hide his flustered face.

"Um, plain or butter?" He called from over his shoulder as he began opening cabinet after cabinet. He was sure the popcorn was kept in one of these. But not in this one. Or this one. He was almost positive his manager had told him where they kept the kernels but of course Harry had not listened to a single word.

"Let me ask. He's a bit picky, wouldn't even eat it for being a couple days old."

Because Harry was completely distracted with trying to figure out how to pop some little kernels, he didn't even realize what name the boy had called. After all his cooking experience and here he was, looking for buttons on a pot, in hopes of turning it on.

"Luke, you did not seriously just make me walk this whole way just to ask me if I wanted some butter."

And yeah, hearing his voice was not the best way to surprise Harry with his arrival. The raspy, thick accent immediately caused the poor boy to freeze and feel his heart drop to his balls. His nerves were already kicking in and his hatred towards himself began.

Harry being left in awe from the pretty blonde was now a complete understatement. Louis was absolutely breathtaking to Harry. Everything about him always drove the younger boy insane. He was the only person that could give Harry the butterflies in his stomach.

Louis was in his usual attire: black leather jacket that definitely had been worn in, tucked in plain white tee (which Harry very much appreciated because of the wonderful view he always got of his bum), and his signature black skinnies. The god-sent bottoms that hugged Louis' curves perfectly.

There was always a small wine that escaped Harry lips every time he spotted Louis. He never knew whether to pass out or drop to his knees.

The latter, of course, was always chosen in his dreams.

"We were just standing right there. Not even two feet away, Louis."

"Awesome."

Harry tried his best to focus on steadying his movements as he turned back around and continued his struggles with the popcorn. He knew for a fact his changed demeanor was surely obvious as he had not turned back once after Louis showed. His actions had even slowed. He managed to stop a couple times to figure out, or remember even, what he was doing with small, quick breaths in between.

"You should probably plug it in first, mate." Louis said after a small silence.

Because of the loud commotion coming from those around, Harry had not even realized the two had stopped talking and were now watching him. Louis had spoken directly to him. Harry's lower lip was pulled between his teeth as he held the biggest grin back.

Surely enough, the cable was lying right on the floor - unplugged.

Harry's cheeks immediately heated up from embarrassment as he mentally facepalmed. "R-Right."

Harry quickly moved and plugged it into the outlet. It was the smallest mishap but it embarrassed Harry nonetheless.

"Sorry about that," Harry chuckled awkwardly as he ran a finger across his lips, slightly biting on it. He could practically feel how flushed his face was.

"Ah, we're all a mess our first job." Luke chuckled. "I'm guessing you haven't been here long. When was your first day?" He asked, leaning down to prop himself up against the counter. Only then could Harry see the slight stubble against his pale skin. He had slight acne scattered across his forehead but of course, he remained beautiful.

"4 years ago."

Louis couldn't help but snort.

"Alright," Harry mumbled, finally coming back with their popcorn in his hand. "I only put butter on half of it that way, y'know..." Harry drifted off as he looked at Louis.

However, the older boy had already turned away, too distracted by the film - not even batting an eye at Harry's voice.

"Cool thanks, man." Luke smiled, taking Harry's attention off Louis as he reached over and grabbed the bucket from his grasp. "Keep the change."

Harry would be lying if he said he didn't feel complete and utter disappointment as he watched Louis look up only to follow Luke back to their group of friends; without a word to Harry.

The younger boy silently prayed that Louis would turn around and take one last look at him but sadly, and of course, he didn't.

Sighing, Harry trudged over and hopped back onto his little stool. Only then was he finally able to look down at his palm and see what the intriguing blonde had handed him.

He counted exactly ten cents.

There was no change.

۵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
1.3M 57.9K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
143K 6.6K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
155K 5.5K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...