DBH

By moo3210

Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife and Lieutenant Hank Anderson are now armed with the task of taking care... More

Scene 1 - Crime scene
Scene 2 - DPD
Scene 3 - A place to stay
Scene 4 - First Investigation
Scene 5 - Locating the deviant
Scene 6 - Second Investigation
Scene 7 - Third Investigation
Scene 8 - Eden club
Scene 9 - Doubts
Scene 11 - The Stratford Tower
Scene 12 - Found you
Scene 13 - One day
Scene 14 - Kamski's place
Scene 15 - Simulation
Scene 16 - Guessing game
Scene 17 - Goodnight
Scene 18 - 10 years later

Scene 10 - Jericho

3K 115 83
By moo3210

Your POV

My legs started to get tired again so I stopped and breathed heavily. I frantically looked around to see where I was, to find that I was near what appeared to be an abandoned harbour. Most of the ships that were docked there were run down and rusty, showing giant holes in the sides of them. They definitely haven't been used in a while. 

I stepped closer to the edge of the pier and noticed someone walking along the path and turn directly to get to the biggest ship that was covered in old red, white and blue paint. I quickly hid behind a nearby car when the hooded figure turned to look in my direction. They had their eyes glued to where I was but I don't think they saw me as I heard hurried footsteps fade into the distance. I peeked from behind the car and saw the figure vanish into the side of the ship. 

Where are they going? 

No! (Y/n), you have to find Connor.

But what if he's inside?

Or what if he's in trouble in there?

Or if there's an android in there?

Conflicted, I decided to step out of my hiding spot and follow the path the figure took. There was a small hole in the ground separating the ship from the cement sidewalk, which meant I'd have to jump to get to the other side. It wasn't that long of a distance, but one wrong step and I'd fall for sure.

I backed away from it for a few seconds then sprinted towards the edge. I leapt off the ground and hoped that it was a good enough head start. I short burst of fear took over when I had a feeling I wouldn't make it. But, my courage came back when my feet made contact with the metal inside the hole in the boat. I made it! 

I messily landed on my feet and threw my arms to the sides to balance myself when I felt I was going backwards. I gasped and quickly stepped forward just in time and regained control of my stance. The spot where my feet were just a second ago moves slightly and a few single pebbles had crumbled into the ominous gap. I leaned down close to it and heard the loud impact at the bottom, followed by the small splashes of the water below. Most likely painful. That was a close one....

Okay, (Y/n). You can do this. Just be careful, I told myself. 

I looked over my shoulder and scanned the rusty hallway inside the ship. I hesitantly walked along it as slowly and as quietly as possible, looking at the walls to make sure I didn't miss a turning somewhere. The metal cross beams that once held up the ceiling were now blocking most of the hallway, meaning that this place could easily collapse. It made me wonder why this place is still here in the first place. If it really is this old, what's the point in keeping it here?

Come on, focus. I need to be attentive. 

I rounded a corner and ducked underneath a metal pipe sticking from wall to wall. The low sound of water vapour hissing through a small dent in the pipe and my small footsteps moving down the hallway were the only sounds I could hear. Everything else was dead quiet. Too quiet.

I turned a corner and instantly rushed back behind it when I saw the figure from earlier. They were glancing down each end of the hallway, probably checking for anyone following them. Fortunately for me, they didn't spot me. They returned their stare back to the large metal door in front of them and went inside, shutting and locking it behind them.

I sneakily walked up to it and lightly pushed on the door to make sure I didn't make any noise.

Yep, definitely locked.

I pouted and placed my finger on my chin and my other hand on my hip, thinking of how I could get inside. There must be another way around. This ship is huge after all, so there's got to be more entry ways than one. I continued down the hallway and turned more corners, dodging pipes and occasional rocks that fell from the ceiling when a bird would land on it from outside. The place was overall very damp and cold, but sometimes a small crack in the metal would show a small glimpse of the moonlight. It had to be very late.

I stopped when I saw a gap in between the wall that resembled where a door would be. I carefully walked through it and it lead to a balcony or catwalk of some sort. The wires coming from the ceiling were holding it up at the hand rails but I could see the walkway swaying slightly from the breeze closing in from the holes in the walls. It was risky to try and cross it. But I want to know who that person was, and where they went.

I stepped near the catwalk but instead peered over the railings to see what was below it.

I saw androids. Over 20 of them at least, all surrounding different places on the ground. There were lit trash cans and broken robot parts scattered everywhere. Most of the androids were either talking quietly to each other, or badly injured and trying to heal themselves. 

What is this place?

I took a step back in shock at what I was seeing, but clenched my eyes shut when I felt the metal creak under my shoe. The noise alerted a woman android closest to the balcony and she looked over at me. I hid behind the corner, hoping she didn't see me, but I heard her and another android whispering to each other. Then I heard them get up from there seats and start walking towards the stairs on the other side of the wall, but it led directly to the door frame I was hiding behind. I quickly ran back down the hallway I came from but my steps made them big up the pace. Now all of us were running.

I hid behind a chunk of metal and peeked out from the side of it. The woman ran past, followed by the other android. Their footsteps faded so I assumed it was safe. I slowly stepped out and scanned the hallway, back and forth. I ran blindly in the other direction but bumped into someone. I fell backwards and landed on the floor, staring up at the stranger. My heart caught in my chest as he was holding a metal pipe and a flashlight that was hurting my eyes. I backed way in fear until I hit a wall and started breathing rapidly. "Please don't hurt me!"

He walked towards me quickly but he didn't seem dangerous. "Woah, it's okay uh....little girl? Don't be scared" He said calmly and placed his weapon on the ground gently. He held his hand out for me to take. "My name is Markus. What's yours?"

I tried to slow my breathing and it worked for a little. I cautiously took it and he pulled me hastily up off the ground. "I'm (Y-Y/n)" I replied nervously.

He smiled and gestured me to walk with him. I followed him sceptically though the hallway, still scared of who he was. I know now that he's an android. "So, (Y/n). What brings you here? This isn't exactly the place for humans".

I remembered how I got here and what I was doing beforehand. "I was looking for my friend. I went around Detroit but I couldn't find him anywhere. Then I ran until I found this boat and saw someone go inside, so I followed them here..... I just want to find Connor". My voice saddened at the end. Markus continued walking but placed a hand on my shoulder.

"If he's one of us, he'll find his way here. Don't worry". He reassured. 

"Us? Are you a deviant?" I asked curiously. 

"I guess you could say that. We're androids who..... open our eyes. See what wasn't there before. Try and make the humans see us as equals". I nodded in understanding and continued looking forward. Deviants are just like I thought. Although, Connor wouldn't just show up here for the fun of it, and he probably doesn't even know I left the motel room. Maybe he doesn't even realise I'm gone...

No. Don't think like that. 

We turned a corner and I realised that we had just gone back to the main room full of androids. We went down the steps and Markus guided me over to a seating area in the corner of the room that had a fire in the centre of the circle. I sat down in time for two more androids to come frantically running into the main room. The woman locked eyes with me and approached us quickly. 

"I knew there was someone here!" She exclaimed. I backed away off the seat and stood next to Markus.

"Easy, North. She means no harm" He directed. "She was trying to find her friend and.....got lost".

"She's a human, Markus. They all say they mean no harm and look what happens when we trust them" She protested and gestured to all of the broken and deactivated androids in the room. She doesn't think I'd do that to them, does she? 

"I want to help androids" I said in the middle of their argument. They both turned to me in surprise and confusion. "Connor. He's an android like you. But the other humans are making him find deviants and destroy them. That's why I need to find him. So I can change his mind and he can be like you".

North narrowed her eyes. "Markus, can we talk?" She asked, but didn't wait for an answer as she grabbed his arm and dragged him over to one of the abandoned rooms, shutting the door behind them. The other android who was chasing me came and sat down next to me along with someone I haven't seen before. They introduced themselves as Simon and Josh.

Markus's POV

I closed the door and looked over at North. "So what do we do now?"

"Well we can't let her go. She'll go to the police. They'll know about Jericho and no one here will be safe". She stated.

"So how do we help her? She's only young, so she can't stay here, it's too dangerous".

She paused for awhile. It gave me a bad feeling that she had a plan, and not a good one.

"What if we use her?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"She has a connection to the police, she said it herself that this 'Connor' is an android hunting us down. If we hold her captive then the humans will recognise how serious we really are. They won't take us seriously otherwise, Markus, we need to show them".

I looked at her in disbelief. "North, think about what you're saying! You want to hold a little girl hostage to prove we can think and feel emotions for ourselves?! How will that help our situation? We agreed to protest peacefully, so that's what we're going to do". I directed firmly.

She crossed her arms and looked at the ground like a child would. Why is she so convinced that violence will solve this? 

"I hope you know what you're doing Markus..." She went to leave the room but stopped by the door. "You need to come up with a plan.... Your people depend on it". She then left the room and returned to the main area while I stood in the same spot, looking down at the ground in deep thought. I walked over to the old bed in the corner of the room and and linked my hands together. 

We need a plan.

Connor's POV

___________________

AM 03:40:23

___________________

We've been looking around Detroit for the past two hours but we still haven't found (Y/n) anywhere. We've been in the car, driving around the area but it's a high possibility that she ventured a few blocks away from the motel. She must have woken up and realised I was gone. If she went looking for me, who knows where she could be right now.

Hank stopped the car on the curb and the vehicle skidded to a halt. I looked down at my feet in fear and guilt. I should have looked after her better. Hank sighed and looked at me and saw the state I was in. He frowned and awkwardly patted my shoulder. "We'll find her, Connor. But it's getting late. You should head back to the motel. We can always try again tomorrow".

I looked up at him with sadness but nodded in agreement. "When you drive back to your house, could you keep an eye out for her on the street?" I asked.

"Sure" He gave a small smile. I smiled back and got out of the car. I stood on the sidewalk for a moment, thinking about the situation while the sound of the car leaving soon faded away behind me. I carelessly walked back into the building and entered the room we rented. I sat on the bed and held my head in my hands. I looked up at the ceiling, then unconsciously scanned the room. There were objects that she had touched before leaving the room, but no evidence to suggest where she went. 

Right now the deviant cases were the last things on my mind. Finding (Y/n) is my top priority.

Explaining this to Amanda is going to be thrilling...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 935 24
(Y/N) is a 22 year old woman who firmly believes in the concept of justice - if you commit a crime, you will have to pay for your mistakes. She was o...
143K 4.6K 23
Y/n Anderson is her name. Charming and overall a friendly personality, she's the embodiment of the phrase "doing great". Or at least that's what she...
15.4K 473 18
You're Detective Y/N Anderson, your father Lieutenant Hank Anderson hates Androids. That's until Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife walks into you...
1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...