Manipulated by a Consulting C...

By nivu211000

Blood, Murder, Mayhem. Jane Marcus and Jim Moriarty are perfect for each other. But with a past with Sherlock... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Authors's Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Back in Black!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 9

1K 31 12
By nivu211000

Sherlock carried Jane in his arms as they fell on the bed together. Sherlock held on to Jane tightly, as if she would disappear if he let her go. Jane buried her head into Sherlock's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Jane," Sherlock said.

"Yes?"

"Do you love me?"

Jane sat up, blinking a few times. What should she say? That she loves Jim? That this is just a game she is playing with Sherlock and Jim? No, if she is playing the game, let's indulge a bit more. 

Jane smiled and bent forward, gently pressing her lips against Sherlock's, pulling away in a second. Even though it was very brief, it was enough to convince Sherlock that Jane did hold some  sentiment for Sherlock.  

Jane moved to the edge of the bed and got up, looking back to Sherlock for a second, who was still dazed and staring at her. Jane chuckled to herself before walking towards the door, opening it and stepping out. Sherlock quickly snapped out of his daze and proceeded to the door. He saw Jane read something on John's laptop. She was smiling occasionally, but then suddenly burst out into a bout of laughter. 

Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows, trying to guess what she was reading.Jane saw him and cleared her throat. "Sherlock sees through everything and everyone in seconds. What's incredible, though, is how spectacularly ignorant he is about somethings." Sherlock began fuming as he grabbed the laptop from Jane's hands, as he read John's blog. "What!" he screeched. Jane was still laughing, wiping her eyes with the hem of her t-shirt. 

"John's gone out,before you try to kill him," Jane said, in an annoying, high-pitched voice. Sherlock humphed and marched back to his room, shutting the door loudly behind him. Jane just chuckled before returning to read the rest of the blog. She soon began feeling drowsy and fell asleep in the red sofa.

Jane got up with a start to a gunshot. She looked around frantically, searching for the source of the sound. Soon another. When she looked in front of her, there was Sherlock, with a handgun, aiming at the wall above the sofa. Jane sighed and raised an eyebrow towards him. Sherlock stared at her, as he shot another bullet. With that, John came running into the room, his hands over his ears.

"What the hell are you doing?" he bellowed. 

"Bored," said Sherlock sulkily. 

Jane had to suppress a giggle as Sherlock looked towards her.

"What?" asked John.

"BORED!" said Sherlock, as he jumped up and John putting his hands to his ears. Sherlock shifted the gun to his right hand, shooting in a contorted position. Jane just stared at the smiley face on the wall, which was already adorned with bullet holes.

"Good aim," she remarked. John glared at her, while Sherlock gave her a small smile. John walked over to Sherlock and snatched the pistol from his hand. "Don't know what's gotten into the criminal classes. Good job I'm not one of them," Sherlock said, as he walked across the room towards the couch. John put the gun into a drawer and locked it. "So you take it out on the wall?" he asked.

Sherlock ran his fingers over the smiley face, admiring his work. "Ah, the wall had it coming," he said simply. He turned and sulkily dropped into the couch, lying lengthwise across it on his back. John, wanting to make conversation, asked Sherlock," What about the Russian case?" Sherlock pushed himself up a little, replying," Belarus. Open and shut domestic murder.Not worth my time."

"Ah, shame." Jane said, her voice dipped with sarcasm. John made his way to the kitchen, looking exasperatedly at the science experiments on the table. He headed towards the fridge, wanting to eat something. "Anything in?,"he asked. "I'm starving." He opened the door, shutting it as soon as he saw what was in it. "Oh fu-" he sweared.

Jane looked at him with curiosity, looking as he opened the door again, staring at what was in there. "It's a head," he muttered. He turned around and called out," A severed head!" "Just tea for me, thanks."said Sherlock. Jane had to look down so that John couldn't see her giggling. 

John looked at Sherlock disbelievingly, repeating," No, there's a head in the fridge."

"Yes," replied Sherlock calmly. 

"A bloody head!" John exclaimed. 

"Well where else was I supposed to put it?" Sherlock asked, turning to Jane as if to ask for her approval. Jane nodded quickly, smiling at Sherlock's calm state. He turned back to John and began rambling about the coagulation of saliva, which Jane had no interest in. "I see you have written up about the taxi driver case," said Jane, looking directly at John. "Uh, yes." he replied, looking at the fridge one last time and sitting in Sherlock's chair. 

"A Study in Pink, nice." said Sherlock, slightly pondering. He picked up a magazine and began flipping through it as John spoke." You know, pink lady, pink case, pink phone- there was a lot of pink. Did you like it?" he asked expectantly. Jane sighed as she got her legs up to her chest, curling up into a ball on the sofa. "Erm, no." said Sherlock. 

"Why not? I thought you'd be flattered,"John said.

Sherlock lowered the magazine to stare at the blogger. "Flattered?" he spat. He began quoting the blog, "Sherlock sees through everything and everyone in seconds. What's incredible, though, is how spectacularly ignorant he is about somethings."  "Now hang on a minute," started John. "I din't mean that in a.." 

Sherlock interrupted him,for which he earned a glare from Jane. "Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a nice way? Look it doesn't matter to me whose Prime Minister.." John muttered something under his breath as Jane rolled her eyes. "Or who'se sleeping with who," Sherlock continued. 

"Whether the Earth goes around the Sun," Jane suggested quietly. "Not that again," Sherlock said exasperatedly. "It's not important!" he exclaimed. "Not impor-" John sighed, as he shifted his position to face Sherlock. "It's primary school stuff. How could you not know that?" Sherlock pressed his palms against his face as he replied,"Well, if I ever did, I've deleted it." 

"Deleted it?" John asked curiously. Sherlock swung his legs and sat up to face John. "Listen," he said, pointing to his forehead with one finger. "This is my hard drive, and it only makes sense to put things that are useful...really useful. He grimaced as he continued," Ordinary people fill their heads with all kinds of rubbish, and that makes it hard to get all the stuff that matters. Do you see?" Jane couldn't contain herself and exclaimed,"But it's the Solar System!" 

Sherlock buried his head in his hands briefly before looking up and exclaiming, "Oh hell! What does that matter! So we go around the Sun! If we went round the Moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear," he sang in a high pitched voice with funny hand movements. "It wouldn't make a difference. All that matters to me is the work..." he trailed off, looking at Jane. She glared at him, as he turned around," And the work. Without that, my brain rots." 

Jane stood up and walked over to the couch, sitting next to Sherlock. "Put that in your blog, or better, stop inflicting your opinions on the world." he said, as he curled into a ball, laying his head on Jane's lap and turned his back to John. Jane sighed and looked at John sympathetically, who wrapped his jacket tighter around himself and began to leave the room. "Where are you going?" asked Jane. "Out. I need some air." Jane nodded understandingly as John left. 

Mrs. Hudson was on her way upstairs, when John bumped into her. John excused himself and left. Sherlock wrapped himself tighter, burying his head into Jane's lap, who was playing with his curls. "Ooh-ooh!" said Mrs. Hudson, announcing herself and looking at the two people on the couch with surprise. Sherlock turned around to acknowledge her, but then turned back again. 

"Have you two had a little domestic?" asked Mrs. Hudson. Sherlock abruptly got up, walking over the Coffee table infront of him, to walk to a window and stare out. Jane noticed him, as she got up and walked around the coffee table, standing next to Sherlock. "Ooh..a bit nippy out there. He should have wrapped himself up a bit better," said Mrs.Hudson, who was emptying the shopping bags she had bought onto the table. "Look at that, Mrs.Hudson," said Sherlock, scanning the street. "Quiet, calm, peaceful, isn't it hateful?" remarked Jane. 

"Oh I'm sure something exciting will come up Sherlock. A nice murder- that'll cheer you up," said Mrs. Hudson, as she left the room. "Can't come too soon," said Sherlock sulkily. "Hey. What have you done to my bloody wall?" she demanded, pointing to the bullet marked smiley face.  Sherlock grinned and Jane giggled, as Sherlock turned around to admire his handiwork. "I'm putting this on your rent, young man!" Mrs. Hudson huffed as she stormed downstairs. 

Sherlock grinned at his handiwork, and then at Jane, who seemed to be thinking about something. Just then, the street behind them blew up, and pieces of glass flew into the flat. Sherlock shielded Jane against the flying glass shards as they fell to the ground. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 356 42
I'll be writing for Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, and Jim Moriarty. {Requests closed} COMPLETED
12.3K 547 33
Disclaimer: BBC Sherlock belongs to its rightful owners. Also, I only added some words to the cover. The pic I do not own. WARNING: READ THE FIRST B...
Ms Holmes By John Noonan

Mystery / Thriller

15 2 8
All John Watson wanted to do was hit the streets of Manchester and celebrate his birthday. What he didn't count on was his friend, SH, crashing back...
527 18 29
Lauraine Holmes lives the life many dream of. She's together with Sherlock Holmes, married in fact, her brother in law has all the power he could pos...