Always and Forever》Death Cure...

Від lovethebreeze

Please, don't leave me. [Book 3 of The Fighter series.] [Disclaimer: I only own Danielle, Tony, and their par... Більше

Meet the Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

Five

1.9K 53 28
Від lovethebreeze

I have never wanted to punch someone as much as I wanted to punch Rat Man, right now. Ok, there's Aris but he hasn't been that much of a perv to me since we got here. Just the unnecessary comments and him trying to talk to me. I've been locked up in Solitary confinement for almost a day. Maybe even longer. I don't know. There wasn't much to do. It could have been a day or a week. My hands were bound to my bed. Well, not bound. They were in chains but the chains were bound to my bed so I could move around the room. Really annoying if you ask me.

I heard the door open and the devil himself came in. I glared up at him as I motioned to my chains.

"Are these really necessary?" I sneered.

Rat Man motioned to one of the guards. The guard came over and unlocked the cuffs. I sighed in relief when the cuffs dropped on the ground. My wrist still red from when I was tugging them to get out.

"My apologies," he started. "But you really didn't give us an option."

I felt my eye twitch. "Well, you didn't give me an option either. You kept lying and saying that Thomas is being quarantined but you and I know that it's a load of klunk."

"Thomas is being quarantined," Rat Man dismissed. "Or was."

I got up from my bed. "What do you mean was?"

"After your little outburst...let's just say that things got out of hand." I felt my eye twitch again. My outburst? I'm not the one who lying to everyone. And I'm not the one who kidnapped my friend and drugged me. "So I did what I had to make sure everyone stays in their place."

I didn't like the way he said that. "What do you mean?"

Rat Man didn't say anything and started to leave. "You're free to go. We have a meeting in the auditorium don't be late."

A few guards glared at me before they followed him out. I stood there confused and had this unsettle feeling in my gut. I didn't focus on it at the moment. I ran out of the room and made my way towards the auditorium. I looked around trying to find my friends. Sonya noticed me first and got up. She ran over and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"We thought they did something to you," she whispered.

I shook my head as I chuckled. "Oh, please."

"They finally let Tiger out of her cage," I heard next to us. We pulled away to see Minho with a huge smirk on her face. "How many times have you swiped your claws for them to get you out?"

I rolled my eyes as I hugged Minho. "Miss you, too, shuck-face."

"Don't let Newt know, he'll get jealous again."

"How many times do I have to apologize for that?" Newt asked as he walked up. I know part of him means it but the tone in his voice says something different. I ignored that when Newt smiled at me. "Danny -"

I cut him off when I placed my lips on his. I gripped the collar of his shirt and pulled him close. When I pulled away there was a big smile on Newt's face.

"Maybe you should be in Solitary more often," he joked before pulling me in for a hug.

I chuckled as I closed my eyes and savored this hug. "Don't I get a kiss?"

I pulled away from Newt and was greeted by Thomas. A huge smile spread to my face as I let go of Newt and ran over to him. I wrapped my arms around Thomas and held him tight.

"Tom Tom," I breathed happily. "Are you ok?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Just finally glad to be out of that room. Thanks for the little riot."

"They kept our friend away from us. Something was up," I admitted. I looked around and noticed a lack of Crank. "Where's Tony?"

Thomas shrugged. "I don't know."

"I do," Minho said excitedly. "After they took you, the little bodyguard tried to follow. Guards knocked the guy out but he went crazy. That shank actually bit the guy's ear off. It was gross yet satisfying at the same time."

Newt scoffed. "Then he ran out and tried to find you. We haven't seen him since."

Tony left to find me? But I haven't seen him at all. I shook my nerves away and looked around the auditorium. "What's the meeting about?" I asked.

"We don't know," Sonya said. "They just told us to come here."

I sighed as Rat Man came. He marched down the aisle clapping his hands. "Everybody take a seat." And we did. Sonya went back to Harriet. I went with the guys. I was about to take a seat but Newt yanked me so I was on his lap. Thomas gave me a confused look which I'd shrugged. "We've got a few things to cover before we remove the Swipe."

"The Swipe?" I whispered to the guys, who shrugged.

It was like Rat Man heard me. "That's right, ladies and gents. You're about to get all your memories back. Every last one of them."

All of my memories. I'd get to remember my mom and dad. I'd get to remember Chuck as a baby. The old me back at the Maze would have loved that. But something's different. Like after everything WICKED has done to us...it was just that easy.

Rat man continued. "As you were informed in your one-on-ones, the Trials as you've known them are over. Once your memories are restored, I think you'll believe me and we can move on. You've all been briefed on the Flare and the reasons for the Trials. We are extremely close to completing our blueprint of the killzone. The things we need - to further refine what we have - will be better served by your full cooperation and unaltered minds. So, congratulations."

I squinted my eyes at Rat Man. There's got to be some kind of catch.

"I ought to come up there and break your shuck nose," Minho said calmly, taking the words right out of my mouth. "I'm sick of you acting like everything is peachy - like more than half of our friends didn't die."

"I'd love to see that rat nose smashed!" Newt snapped.

His outburst made me jump a bit. I grabbed his hand and used my thumb to rub the back of it. I still don't know what's gotten over Newt but I felt like he might actually run on the stage and punch Rat Man. My thumb stopped when Newt's grip on my hand tightened. I winced as he glared at Rat Man.

Rat Man rolled his eyes. "First of all, each of you has been warned about the consequences should you try to harm me. And rest assured, you're all still being watched." This time Rat Man gave me a pointed look when he said that. I wanted to roll my eyes but I winced again when Newt squeezed my hand again. "Second, I'm sorry for those you've lost - but in the end it'll have been worth it."

I let out a small groan when Newt tightened his hold again. "Newt, you're hurting me," I whispered. I looked at him and followed his gaze. My wrist. The redness was still there followed by a few bruises. "Newt."

Thomas, who was sitting near us looked over. His eyes widen before he reached over and tried to pry Newt's hand off. "Newt. Newt, hey," he whispered. "Newt, you're hurting her."

"Newt," I winced.

Thomas shook his shoulder. "Newt. Come on, man. You're hurting your girl."

And just like that something flipped in Newt's head. He looked down and his eyes widen before he removed his hand. "I'm sorry," Newt rushed out. He grabbed my hand and started to kiss it. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I said as I felt something rise up my throat. I leaned over and felt my skin get warn as I started to get the metallic taste in my mouth.

"Dan, are you ok?" Thomas asked.

I shook my head. "I don't...I don't feel so good."

Then I felt the bile rise up in my throat. I got off of Newt and ran out of the auditorium. I don't know how I was able to hold it but when I found a trash bin I leaned over it and started puking. The gross taste escaping my mouth as I puked more. I started to cough before the last few came out. I groaned before spitting into the trash can one last time. I felt someone rub my back.

"You ok, Danielle?" I heard Teresa.

I held my hand up. "Don't talk to m -" I stopped when I felt more bile come up. Teresa continued rubbing my shoulder as I puke my guts out. I wiped my mouth and slid down on the wall. I ignored the hurtful look on her face. "Just because you came to make sure I'm ok doesn't mean I trust you."

Teresa walked over and slid next to me. She sighed as she looked over at me. "They said we've got the choice to get our memories back. I'm going to do it."

I chuckled. "Of course, you would. Because WICKED is good." I scoffed. "I'm not going to do it."

"Danny, maybe this is good."

I raised my brow at the girl. "Do you really believe it?" I shook my head before looking ahead. "Look who I'm talking to. The girl who betrayed us and tried to kill us."

"Think about it. You could remember everything."

I shook my head. "I remember bits and pieces, thank you very much." Like how my parents tried to kill me and Chuck. How Rat Man found us. The test I've been put through before I came to the Maze. I've been through the Changing. I don't need to get my memories back. "Look what happened to Ben and Alby. They weren't the same after they got their memories. Even if it was pits and pieces."

"I'm sure we won't turn out like that."

I scoffed. There's no way I trust her. The only people I trust in this place is Newt, Minho, Thomas, and Tony. That's it. I did trust Teresa but she broke it.

I shrugged. "You don't know that. This could be another trick."

And why would I want my memories back? The only memories I want are the ones I already have. The ones that tell me that Rat Man is a trickster. Don't trust him because something has to come with a price.

"If it was a trick then they wouldn't have given us the option," Teresa pointed out. She got up. "Just think about it."

I stared at her as she left. I sighed as I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.7M 52.1K 52
in which the first girl in the glade runs for her life and bumps into a runner who gives her a nickname.
682K 16.3K 40
"I'm not giving up. I will never give up. I won't stop fighting until we find a way out of here. And we will find a way out. I'm doing this becau...
3K 173 19
𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒚~ 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒕. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆...
576K 19.1K 32
in which the mean guy in the glade falls for the first girl there, who's the only person able to break down his walls.