We're Just Lost Souls | TWILI...

By bubblyjess123

She was a rebel, the one your parents didn't want you to hang around. Her sister was the same, the one that g... More

We're Just Lost Souls
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Nine

4.7K 161 2
By bubblyjess123

Hillary's POV

Martha and I both dreaded the end of the day, the time when we would have to go home. I wasn't looking forward to seeing the blonde slut or the ass hole we call a father.

The last period came and went slowly but quickly at the same time. I wondered about staying at Charlie's again but knew it would look suspicious and we couldn't always just go to him for help when we could fend for ourselves like grown women.

I glared at the clock hanging on the wall above the door, we only had five minutes till the end of class and everyone was already packed up ignoring the teacher's protests against it. I didn't even wait for the bell before jumping from my seat and out the door to find Martha.

I pushed through the people, not being able to see anything in front of me except for the students hurrying past others. We all wanted the same thing, to get out of this damn building, yet I didn't want to go home either, I was stuck.

Finally making my way to my locker I threw everything I carried into it and slammed it shut. I chose to wait for my sister instead of trying and probably failing to shove my way through the hordes of students. I leaned against my locker causally, my arms crossed and a reserved expression on my face. Nobody dared to look my way except those dumb few.

"Hills, look who I found." A voice woke me from my thoughts. I frowned when I saw Martha standing with the girl I had met not long ago after my meltdown. She waved shyly at me, probably my sister's doing, she could never keep her questions to herself.

I glared at Martha, "what did you say?" I growled, picking her arm off Angela's shoulders and putting it back to her side. Martha rolled her eyes, smirking not so subtly to herself.

"I didn't say anything. I just asked if she was free tonight." She told me, her smirk growing ever so slightly while my glare intensified.

Angela laughed at our behaviour, "it's fine, really. I was just telling her about our newfound pact." She grinned, looking at me with wide joyful eyes. I smiled back without knowing.

Martha saw it and looked at me knowingly, "Yeah, it sounds fun. Thought I might join in on it." She wiggled her eyebrows making Angela laugh.

I shrugged, "whatever, it was Angie's idea so she makes the decisions." I told her. I noticed the students begin to disperse and now the hallway was much quieter but still not empty.

Martha looked at Angela expectantly, "yeah, ok. You can join." She nodded, Martha grinned and we began to walk towards the front doors, Angela walking between us. "So, do you wanna come over to my house to work on that history project?" Angela brought up, turning to Martha.

I frowned, "I didn't know you had a history together." I spoke curiously, sliding my hands into my pockets.

"To be honest, neither did I." Martha told me, "she even sits next to me." She whispers to me like Angela couldn't hear a single thing she was saying and I rolled my eyes, she really does ignore everything. "And yeah, Angie, sure."

"Cool." Was her answer and we began to follow her, she didn't even bother to wonder if it was ok with our parents and that was good. We walked past the Cullens and I noticed them all staring, at what? at us?

Their expressions were varied. Edward Cullen looked to be glaring at nothing, yet he stared in our direction. His jaw was clenched and so was his hands as he stood rigidly next to his car. Jasper Hale watched us with the same pained gaze, his stare was set on me like he knew something that nobody else did and all I could do was look away. Emmett Cullen didn't seem to be too bothered at all, though he did share the activity of staring at us like his family, I saw the smallest of smirks playing on his lips. Rosalie Hale only had eyes for my sister and a special glare for Angela that made me want to go over there and punch her straight in her pretty face but I controlled myself. Lastly was Alice Cullen, she was the one who only had eyes for me which held sadness and worry. Her eyes were so intense that I had to look away like I had with Jasper, I didn't want to stare for too long or I would soon be pulled in.

I ignored the family with golden eyes and turned back to my sister and Angela who were talking about their project, well Anglea was, Martha chose to joke around as per usual. My smile soon returned as we walked out of the school grounds and down an unfamiliar street. We talked as if we had been friends for years, Angela would easily fit in with us and I knew Martha thought that too as she continuously made jokes, nudging her back and forth between us. She could have been our sister if it wasn't for the fact we looked nothing alike and we had only just met that day.

We were so caught up in the moment that we just now came to the realization that we were walking into a house with new people, a real family, and we were right outside. Martha and I gave each other a glance over Angela's shoulder as she opened the door, oblivious to what we were suddenly feeling.

"Mum, Dad, I'm home. I brought some friends from school." Angela called into the house, hanging her coat on the stand next to the door. There was a sudden sound of someone bounding down the stairs quickly, it sounded like more than one person though and it made me anxious.

Two young boys emerged, both looking extremely similar, with dark brown hair, tan skin and big brown eyes. The two reminded me of the boys down on the Rez with their appearance.

They ran over and jumped into Angela's arms, almost tackling her to the ground, with big grins to match their sisters.

"Angie's home." One of the boys exclaimed to no one in particular.

Angela giggles, "Isaac, Joshua these are my friends, Hillary and Martha. Guys, these are my brothers." She explained.

The boy known as Isaac waved shyly like his sister while Joshua exclaimed a cheerful, "hello."

I smiled at the twins, not saying anything. They didn't stay around for long, they both ran off down the hall towards what looked to be the living room and kitchen area.

We followed Angela who followed her brothers into the living room and soon into the connected kitchen where their parents were cooking dinner.

This place seemed so nice and warm, it was clear a real family who loved each other lived here. I've never felt so welcome other than when we met Esme, which was only a few days ago.

The couple looked up as we neared them and smiled when they saw their daughter.

The mother stepped forward to hug Angela, "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" She asked, her tone welcoming and motherly. She was a short woman with black hair cut close to her shoulders and dark brown eyes like her children.

"Who do we have here?" The father asked with a friendly tone, holding out his hand with a grin. Now, this guy was much taller than his wife, maybe a foot or so. He had salt and pepper hair with stubble, green eyes and tan skin. He was pretty attractive but I would never say that out loud for obvious reasons.

"These are my new friends, Hillary and Martha." Angela introduced, grabbing onto my arm softly.

I took the man's hand in mine and shook it, "Sir." I greeted him politely with a nod. Martha did the same with awkwardness she could never lose.

The man chuckled, "call me William, girls. Any friend of Angela's is welcome here. So, please make yourself at home."

I discreetly gave a look to Martha and she gave me one back, raising her eyebrow. We didn't expect this level of kindness, we didn't really know what was going to happen.

"Of course. I'm Maria." The older woman smiled, "Are you two staying for dinner?" She asked, turning back to the food on the counter.

This reminded me way too much of our short time with Esme and Edward.

"Yeah, why not?" Martha spoke up from her spot standing next to me.

At least we could finally get a home-cooked meal instead of a peanut butter sandwich. And as much as I didn't mind nibbling into a sandwich I know Martha hated, although it wasn't really my fault as we didn't have any money to go shopping. But what can you do when your parents are assholes who only think of themselves?

Martha's POV

Hillary and I have been at the Weber house for a good few hours now. Angela worked on our history project which I didn't contribute at all to as I was too occupied with snooping around her room. I looked through the books that were stacked on her shelf, most being romance and fantasy or romance-fantasy, figures.

Hillary sat with Angela on her double-sized bed, her homework in front of her that she ignored for the time being as she stared off into space.

I walked over to her white dresser and picked up the picture of Angie and her brothers. They were at the park, the girl had her arms around the twins who had shoved their ice creams into either side of her face. I chuckled quietly at the picture, imagining their parents laughing behind the camera as they watched their children. This is a family I would do anything to be a part of.

Angie's room was definitely girly, with light pink walls that her parents probably painted before she was even born and white fairy lights strung up around the room. It was a warm and comfortable room that she could make her own. While our room barely looked like it was being lived in minus the messy bed and clothes scattered on the floor, it merely looked like a room for guests.

I sighed and fell into the white beanbag in the corner of the room, looking up at the ceiling where glow in the dark stars was randomly placed that she had probably put there when she was younger.

"Are you finally bored after snooping around?" Angie sarcastically asked.

I turned my head to see she was giving me a smirk to which I returned, "yup." I huffed, "Angie you really need to be into more interesting and non-stereotypical things, I barely had anything to look at."

She laughed, shaking her head at my joking behaviour before looking back down to the book in her lap.

The door opened and Angela's mum peeked her head, giving us all a smile, "tea's ready, girls." She told us.

"Ok, mum. We'll be down soon." Angela said, closing her book and setting it on her bedside table.

I stood up from the beanbag with a lot of effort and huffed as I had finally got to my feet. Angela and Hillary chuckled at my struggle while I stuck my tongue out at them.

I wondered if this dinner would be awkward and uncomfortable, would they get offended badly if Hillary couldn't eat? I imagined the worst, which was us being kicked out with the door slamming behind us. I already felt the rejection and I hadn't even left the room. I was thinking too much but when am I not?

Ange realised both of us had made no move to leave the room and frowned, "come on, guys. They won't bite."

I gave her a small smile and walked past her, dragging Hills behind me, "please at least try to eat." I asked my sister, keeping my voice low, "I don't want this nice family to be offended."

Hilly sighed, "I'll try, but you know it's not that easy, Mace." I nodded and let her walk slowly behind me as we made our way into the dining room.

The two parents looked up with smiles once again, placing food on the table. The twins jumped around the room, stealing food from the plates with every chance they got before getting a light slap on the hand by their mother which only made them giggle. The family was so warm and welcoming, they didn't even seem to have any problems but that would be a wrong assumption, everyone has problems.

I sat next to Ange, Hilly taking the seat next to me. I watched her look down at her plate with a nervous expression, she almost looked like she was going to have a panic attack with the thought of eating something. I reached under the table a gently took her hand in mine, she turned to me and I gave her a comforting smile which she tried to return.

"I hope you like it. It's a family recipe." Maria said to us. This only made Hilly feel worse as she looked down.

I nodded towards the older woman, "it looks great." I told her truthfully. Now that I looked at the food I suddenly realised how hungry I was so I quickly picked up my fork and began to shovel it down.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my sister push her food around on her plate, a face that tried to hide her disgust of any type of food.

"Is something wrong with the food?" A voice spoke, referring to Hills. We looked up and saw Maria frowning with concern, she obviously thought Hillary didn't like it.

Hills looked around uncomfortably, "uh no, it's good. I just . . . I had quite a bit to eat at lunch." She smiled, one that almost looked real. Maria nodded and went back to eating her food, a look of understanding instead of anger.

I wished the Weber's were my family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ยฐ ยฐ ยฐ After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...
3.7K 118 8
Alice, Leah and an Oc get together go with them on their journey in this one shot :) hope you have a fun time reading it โœ… Kinda cringe, I'll be rewr...
258K 6.1K 23
"That was not what I expected when we move here" ยฐ ยฐ ยฐ ยฐ Irene and her twin brother, Tony, move to Forks. The news of two new students spread fast an...