The Boss

By BlackedSheeps

Katrin Dane, wealthy, billionaire, sophisticated, sexy, single and lonely at 37. Kris Smith, hardworking, si... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Thank you!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 41

42.3K 1.4K 483
By BlackedSheeps

Kris' POV

I left her there crying and sobbing, I know I'm an asshole for doing that but I'm just so tired of all of this. All this pint up emotions are getting the best of me and I can't control myself anymore. I gave all of me to her and yet it's still not enough.

It hurt me to know that she had cheated with her ex but it hurt me more seeing her cry over our relationship that seems to be crumbling more and more. I love Katrin so much and with that love comes sacrifice, I can't keep going on this when in the first place she can't even love me whole for who I'm entirely am.

"You okay?" Trish asked me as she drives us to my parents' house where me and Andy have been staying for the past week.

"Yeah, just tired" I lied.

"You know I can tell if you're lying, remember I'm your best friend?" she said patting my thigh with her hand that isn't driving.

"I just had a rough day that's all" I try to explain partly.

"did you and the boss talked?" she asked, she still doesn't know I'm actually married to the boss.

"yeah" I replied shortly.

"you know I think Miss Dane has a thing for you, the way she looks lovingly at you and how she glares at me every time she sees us together might vaporize me really. You should tap on that" she said laughing at her thought.

"I--" I couldn't even form a word now.

"Kris are you hiding something from me?" she said stopping the car at the side of an unknown road.

"nothing," I said looking out at the window

"Here I am thinking I'm your bestest best friend, your confidant, your half of life and yet you're hiding something from me. I didn't even know you already got married" she said swinging her arms around giving emphases on her words.

"I-I- how did you know I'm married?" I ask shock at her revelation.

"You're wearing a wedding ring and I can hear Andy ask about his mommy every time you two talk" she said with a sigh.

"Oh" was all that came out from me.

"come on tell me, you know I won't judge you or anything" she said patting my thigh.

"Okay, promise you won't judge me?" I said holding my pinky up.

"I promise" she said intertwining our pinkies.

"I got someone pregnant almost two years ago" I said looking down.

"how? you don't drink as far as I remember" she asks.

"I got drunk after I was hired at this job with Len, we wanted to celebrate which ended up to a lot of shots and me looking at the most mesmerizing pair of green eyes I have ever seen, we ended up in a hotel then you know did the deed and I wake up the next morning alone. Fast forward 1 month later I met the same woman only this time she told me I got her pregnant and with me growing up in a responsible family I choose to marry that woman, it was hard and a struggle marrying someone without love but somehow we just fell for each other" I completely explained to her.

"Wow! Don't you people heard of condoms? You know those rubber plastic thingy? sounds familiar?" she asks laughing a bit.

"It was a sudden impulse you know with alcohol in your system you can't really think straight" I explained my side.

"So where's your other kid then? Damn! I'm now an Aunt of two! I'm old" she said shaking her head.

"with her mother, I think it's best she stays with her for now. She can provide more and has a lot of resources to look after her. I don't mean that I'm abandoning my daughter, it's just what's good for now with this situation" I said with a sigh.

"So you two are separated?" she asks cautiously.

"Yes" I said nodding to myself.

"for how long now?" she asked looking at me

"two weeks" I said looking out the window.

"so it's very early, why?" she ask more.

"..." I sigh.

"Come on Kris, you have to talk to someone about this, you have to breathe and let it all go and I'm here to listen to everything," she said now holding my unbroken hand making me look at her hazel brown eyes full of sincerity and love.

"I've been away for the past year, been traveling all over the place and then this problem happened and I have to stay almost two months straight away from her. Our relationship began to swindle and the next thing I know I went to her work and she was on her desk with a man between her legs moaning" I said smiling bitterly tears slowly falling from my eyes.

"I'm sorry" she simply said with pity in her eyes.

"It's okay, It's all my fault if I haven't been too caught up with work and been everywhere maybe this would have not happened. If I just stayed and let other employees handle this we could still be together happy. If only I just understood her more, gave her more time and attention then she wouldn't be lonely and confused and questioning my love for her" I said completely breaking down.

"Hey, hey, come here" she said giving some hug.

"Things happen, okay. You don't have to take all the blame, you did some part and she did some and maybe you can still talk about this yo know even just for the kids' sake" she said pulling out of the hug.

"Yeah, I'm thinking of filing for a divorce after all this money problem is solved and then settle the kids' arrangement and everything" I said wiping my tears with my sleeves.

"woah! woah! WOAH! you have to stop right there. Divorce, really? "

"what else should I do then?" I ask her getting frustrated.

"Maybe you should think of fixing this of making things better. You have a kid with that woman Kris! You have someone who will need you growing up! Think about that!" she said getting angry.

"I just want her to be happy" I said finally calming down.

"this will not make her happy, trust me. What happened Kris? What happened to that kid I know and loved before who's willing to fight for everything and will stand for her rights? What happened to that kid who was willing to move just to be with me? what happened to her?" she asks me looking directly through my eyes.

"she left, she died" I said looking down.

"No! I know she's still in there somewhere inside you just luck up with all this pain. Please, Kris, come back, be the Kris ho will do the right thing before it becomes too late" she said holding my chin up.

"I don't know anymore, I'm so tired of everything. All I want is to wake up and all of this will be gone and I can have a simple life with Andy and my parents again" I said taking my head away from her.

"would you be happy without your daughter in your life?" she ask me.

"NO! GOD NO! She's Daddy's little queen and Andy's princess. I can't imagine a life without them, without my wife" I gave up and look at her. She had this soft look on her face.

"then fight!" she said kissing my forehead, I just went silent 

She started driving back again to my parents' house, we were quiet until she parks the car. I exited the vehicle while she follows suit. I saw Andy playing with some blocks and came to him ruffling his hair.

"Hi Andy bear!" I said kissing me.

"Daddy!" he jumps on me.

"Hi Andy!" Trish said making Andy jump on her.

"Aunty Trish!" Andy squeeld, he really loves Trish since the first day they meet. Can't blame him, Trish is a beauty and we all know how to appreciate that.

We played for a couple more minutes until mom called us for dinner and we eat together. Trish was talking about her experience on a zoo that a monkey had apparently stolen his banana making us laugh while Andy was silent which I find odd.

"Andy bear okay?" I ask him.

"Daddy I miss Anne and Mommy" he said with sad eyes, everyone was looking at us.

"we'll see them soon baby, okay?" I just told him.

"When? I want to see them now" he said really sad.

"Soon baby, I promise you that. Now finish your food" I said patting his head, thankfully he obliged.

I tuck Andy to his bed and read him a story which instantly made him fall asleep. Trish sleeps at the guest bedroom while I sleep on mine. I tried falling asleep but it's hard, I still keep thinking if I should really fight or just give up. We can manage the kids even when we're separated, right? I'm doing the right thing, right? I didn't even realize I have already fallen asleep when someone knocked on my door continuously hard woke me up. I opened the door with a grump.

"What??!" I ask with attitude.

"Is Andy with you?" my mother asked me worriedly.

"Ha? What?" I ask starting to wake up.

"I went to Andy's room to wake him up and he isn't there, I thought he move in here with you" she explained with a crack in her voice. 

"Mom where's Andy?" I said to her looking around my room but no sign of him.

I run to his room and check every the closets, bed, everything but he's not there. I knock on Trish's door and quickly look inside without waiting for her permission to come in but still, I could see him. I'm getting worried, where the hell is my son?! Did someone take him while we're all asleep? But who? All these questions are making my head spin.

"Kris, what's wrong?" Trish ask me worriedly. I look at her with a blank expression, I don't know how to feel anymore. Everything is getting messier and messier each passing day.

"Andy's missing"

_____

Sorry for the typos, wrong grammar, wrong spelling, etc. 

I'm only human. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 460K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
25.9K 858 21
***WARNING: MATURE SEXUAL CONTENT*** A 7-part miniseries book, about a young-single man name Derek Mitchell. A Financial Analysts and the best one at...
267K 10.3K 32
It's hard to be a mother. Especially a single mother. It's been almost ten years now that Alex is struggling to raise her kids alone and be true to...
233K 6.9K 70
25 Year old billionaire Toni Topaz is known as a classic player. She dates girls but it only lasts for a few weeks or months. Cheryl blossom, 24, she...