Chapter 20

Kris' POV

I had just given Terry a bag full of tomato assortments, she insisted that I give it to Katrin personally but I declined. I have to put a lot of distance between Katrin, I mean Miss Dane and I or else I will always end up hurt.

I was just heading to a meeting when my phone starts ringing, looking at the caller it's Terry. What could she possibly need now? I just came from there. With a sigh, I answer the call.

"Kris! Kris!" Terry's sounding hysterical

"Terry calm down, what's wrong?" I ask a bit panicky.

"Katrin! come up immediately!" she said sounding scared and demanding.

Without another word, I quickly bolted to the stairs and climb up to her office.  I was getting nervous, what if something happened to the baby? God, please let them safe. I entered her office not even bothering to knock and saw no one.

"Terry?" I shouted.

"Kris in here!" she shouted from a door to my left.

I rush to open the door and saw her and a lifeless Katrin on the floor. I kneeled in front of them and ask too many questions that made Terry slap me so hard I fill on the floor.

"will you shut up?!" the sweet Terry I know vanish and was replace but a hulk version.

"Sorry" I squeak.

"Now, I already called the driver and he's waiting at the parking lot.  Please carry Katrin and hurry" she said with a bit of calm but still panicky.

I quickly carried Katrin bridal style while Terry opened the boss' private elevator leading to the parking lot.

I laid Katrin on the back seat and positioned her head on my lap. Terry sat on the passenger seat yelling at the driver to hurry and get us to the hospital asap. Other than Terry yelling and the constant horns of cars everything was silent, it feels like an eternity before we came to stop at a hospital.

Rushing out I carried Katrin in my arms which quickly got the staffs' attention and they immediately rush her to the emergency room. Terry and I waited outside and I started asking her questions.

"what happened Terry?" I ask sitting down sounding defeated.

"We were just about to go to you when I heard her scream" she said sitting beside me.

"why were to coming to me?" I ask curiously.

"she wanted to see you and apologize for her behavior" she answered.

"you could have just called me to her office" I said with a sigh.

"she wanted to really see you so she decided to just go to you and besides you have been avoiding her" she said.

"Maybe if I had not been avoiding her this would never happen, maybe she was stress with my behavior, I should not have act childishly" I said really defeated from everything. What if something bad happens to my kid and Katrin I don't think I could live with that.

"Hey, you have done nothing wrong but your right, both of you should not have been childish and talk about your situation and not go avoiding each other" she said side hugging me. 

We remained waiting and asking nurses that pass by but apparently, we need to wait for the doctor. A doctor was approaching us, both Terry and I stand and meet the doctor halfway.

"Doc, hows my wife and baby?" I blurted all of a sudden.

"both your wife and baby are safe and okay" the doctor responded making me relax.