circles; h.potter

By PaintedPotter

❝SHE BURNED BRIGHTER THAN YOUR FUTURE ❞ ✰ Liana Holly's life was a mystery, a puzzle and in some aspects, a d... More

✰CIRCLES✰
ACT ONE- ADRONITIS
chapter one- the Potter legacy
chapter two- a contagious smile
chapter three- tea leaves
chapter four- a disregard for rules
chapter five- chocolate cake
chapter six- red and orange sparks
chapter seven- February 1984
chapter eight- paper packages
chapter nine- bubbles
chapter ten- broken noses
chapter eleven- little lion
chapter twelve- 'didn't even break his glasses!'
chapter thirteen- tears and chocolate frogs
chapter fourteen- christmas at hogwarts
chapter fifteen- Draco is sqaushed
16- Buckbeak's execution
17-The Dog, The Kids and The Werewolf
18- Hazel Eyes
19- Flash of Red Hair
20- The Missing Child
ACT TWO- HIRAETH
21- The London Public Library
22- Resigned to Hopelessness
23 - The Dynamic Duo
24- Cheese Sandwitches and Hidden Feelings
25-Alastor Moody
26- NOVEMBER 1987
27- SPEW
28- Vibrant Blue Flames
29- the Goblet of Fire
30- Painfully Intoxicated
31- The Hungarian Horntail
32- The Chocolate Frog Debate
33- Go get your girl
34- Yule Ball
35- Mince Pie Wrappers
36-The Black Lake Swimming Lessons
37- Body Bind Curse
38- Feeling Like Bliss
39- Wasting Away
ACT THREE| PART ONE- CHEROPHOBIA
40- Honeydukes
41 - Tonks and the Umbrella Stand
42-Wilted Flowers
43- Merlins Bloomers
44- Sirius Bends The Truth
45- Hot Chocolate
46- The Toad
47- The Rebel Takes Over
48- Detentions
49- Dragon Shit
50- Glasses of Vomit
51- Six Months of Detetion and A Quidditch Ban
52- Educational Decree No. 23
53- The Pieces of a Broken Heart
54-Muddy Knees
55- The Hufflepuff party
57- Sir Cadogan of Strong Heart and Steel
58- The Haunting of Liana Holly
59- Control Your Demons
60- The Halfbreed Visitor
ACT THREE| PART TWO- ABDITORY
61-Dark Secrets and Black Magic
62- Muggle Crosswords
63- Chronic Cases of Hiccups
64- Another Christmas
65- The Rose Balcony
66- A Ticking Time Bomb
67- Not Quite Back to Normal
68- The Truth of the Dream
69- Scarred Hands
70- Busted
71-Fred and George Leave with a Bang
72-A Stolen Wand
73- The Escape From The Dark Forest
75- Rescue Gone Wrong
76- Limbo
ACT FOUR| PART ONE- LIBEROSIS
77- Coffee and Euphoria
78- Stolen Spoon of Cornflakes
79- The Bracelet of Soujorn
80- An Emotional Professor McGonagall
81- Potions Prodigy
82- Sirius Orion Black
83- Unbreakable Vows With Snape
84- Midnight Strolls
85- Disastrous Dinner Date
86- A Broken Promise
87- True Love Chocolates
88- The Half Blood Prince
89-Ginger Snaps
90-Sectumsempra
91- Five things you can see
92- The Demons Awaken
ACT FOUR| PART TWO- METANOIA
93-Best Friend Necklace
94- A Secret Choice
95- Aberforth
96- Time Of Forgiveness
97- Arson
98- New Beginnings
99- Aragog's Funeral

56- Night Terrors In the Maze

7.6K 347 129
By PaintedPotter

╔═══════════════╗

HERMIONE Jean Granger was having a bad night. Harry had thrown a tantrum in the boys dorm to her and Ron, ranting about Liana, and, once she'd left the boys dorms she'd had to deal with the drunken Liana trying to rock crookshanks to sleep in her arms till one in the morning.

She sat in her bed with the drapes drawn back so she could feel the warmth of the watery winter sun on her legs as the morning light crept into the room. She had officially stayed up all night.

She paused as her quill hovered over a clean piece of parchment, wondering if she should write to someone about Liana and Harry. Molly maybe? Or Remus?

However she frowned at once as she heard a loud noise coming from Liana's side of the dorm. It sounded like Liana fighting something behind the curtains of her four poster and Hermione quickly climbed to her feet and tip toed past Parvati and Lavender's beds to reach Liana's.

She pulled the curtain back an inch but had to duck at once as Liana's balled up fist shot out of no where towards her head. Hermione regained her balance and pulled the rest of the curtain back with wide eyes, ready to scold Liana for nearly knocking her nose off.

But Liana didn't have her eyes open. Instead she lay twisted among the sheets upon her bed , her forehead shiny with sweat and her arms flailing about above her as she writhed around like she was in pain. Her chest heaved like she was running a marathon and her eyelids constantly twitched.

Hermione opened her mouth. Maybe Liana was having the same nightmares that she had told Hermione about. But Hermione could recall in one of the medical magazines she had once read in her parents dental surgery that you should never wake up a person having night terrors. Unsure what to do Hermione simply drew up a stool and perched on it next to Liana's bed, waiting for the girl to wake up.

Only Liana didn't wake up, instead she began to flail ever more, her arms and legs thrashing about her the covers which were sticking to her skin with the sweat. Her red hair like a pool of blood that flowed around her head and her mouth moved all the time as she began to speak to herself. Hermione strained her ears curiously as she tried to understand what Liana was saying.

"Stop the noise, stop the voices," Liana muttered to herself sporadically as she clutched a hand to her head and ran her fingernails along her cheeks, leaving aggravated red marks.

Hermione began to panic slightly and stood up again, rocking on the balls of her toes not knowing what to do. Finally she gave in and shook Liana. Hard.

At first she didn't think it had worked so tried shaking Liana again, grabbing her shoulders and jerking her around firmly.

"Ouch," Liana groaned as she opened her eyes and tried to escape Hermione hold. "What the hell Hermione?"

"What is wrong? Are you okay?" Hermione pestered her with questions at once, peering at the scratches Liana had managed to give herself along her face.

"I'm fine," Liana huffed. Hermione raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"I had another nightmare where I was in the maze again," Liana admitted "but this time it was worse, I could hear Harry's voice instead of the noises, and he was screaming at me-" She shivered at the memory.

"Promise me you won't say anything about this?" Liana begged, reaching for Hermione's hands so she was forced to look into Liana's eyes.

"I don't know Liana- don't you think you should tell someone about all of this?" Asked Hermione doubtfully, biting her lip cautiously, she didn't want to make any promises she couldn't keep.

"No I shouldn't, they'll read too deep into it. I'm perfectly fine aren't I?" Liana assured. Hermione wanted to answer a very strong 'no'  to that question as she still remembered how Liana had fallen apart at the party last night.

"I suppose- alright, I promise," Hermione sighed. She gave Liana a quick and rather unexpected hug.

"What's this for?" Smiled Liana, ignoring her pounding head from her disastrous hangover.

"I just thought you looked like you needed a hug," shrugged Hermione gently as she gave Liana an extra tight squeeze.

"Move over," Hermione instructed as she clambered into Liana's bed next to her. Liana grinned as she snuggled into Hermione's side and began braiding Hermione's long hair absentmindedly.

"Liana, just out of curiosity- how much do you remember of last night?' Asked Hermione, trying her best to sound casual. Liana groaned and buried her head in her hands.

"Too much," Liana told her "I remember screaming my drunk head off at Harry and Cho," she sighed. "I'm such an idiot Hermione."

"Well, Harry's not going to date Cho anymore," Hermione disclosed with a slight smirk.

"Really?" Liana exclaimed, unable to keep the excitement out of her voice. "Oh um- I mean- really?" She corrected herself, trying to sound disinterested and cool. Hermione just snorted.

"Cho left him at the party last night. Harry stomped off back to our common room and just sat in bed with a bottle of fire whiskey complaining about how his dad must've had it much easy with his mum," Hermione smiled at the memory. "It was quite funny really."

Liana giggled, "I bet, I've never seen Harry drunk before."

"You don't want to- he has worse mood swings than Ron. Honestly, he was fuming one minute and in tears the next."

Liana laughed but it quickly died away as she came to the realisation that she was the cause of all that.

"How do I apologise Hermione? How can I move on from this?" Liana questioned. Hermione patted Liana's shoulder. She didn't quite know how to answer Liana, as much as she wanted her two best friends to be happy it seemed they could only stop fighting long enough to kiss.

"I think time is key." Hermione decided after a few moments of silence. "I think you both need to mature first before you can even get along properly. You both have terrible tempers and until you can calm down and think rationally, it's probably best for you to keep your distance."

"Ugh you're right- I hate it when you're right," sighed Liana. "I guess I just miss him sometimes."

"So you didn't mean it?- Yesterday when you said you hated him?" Hermione asked gently. Liana shook her head after a moment.

"No, I don't think so- he drives me insane but I could never hate him. It's Harry after all."

Hermione just nodded. She knew what Liana meant without having to ask. It was Harry. The same Harry that bought Liana filibuster fireworks for her fourteenth birthday, the same Harry that she used to cuddle with every night in the common room and the same Harry who she rode Buckbeak the hippogriff with for the first time.

"Do you think we could ever date?" Wondered Liana, fiddling with her thumbs. "Not that I'd want to," she added quickly, scared of what it sounded like she was implying.

"Maybe one day, maybe not. But whether you're dating or not I hope we'll all be friends again soon."

"Ron as well- it feels like I haven't had a proper chat with him in months," Liana frowned at the thought of her red headed friend. She just sighed.

"Listen, do you think you could come to Madame Pomfrey with me?- I could really do with a hangover cure," Liana questioned as she clambered out of bed, noticing that she was still in her crumpled clothes from last night.

"Of course," smiled Hermione and she watched Liana cross to her dresser to get changed.

"Could you switch the lights on for me?" Asked Liana as she bent over, sorting through her robes slowly.

Hermione stood up to reach for the matches to light the candle by her bedside table, not wanting to blind Liana quite yet, especially since her head was probably splitting open already. However before Hermione could even touch the matches, the candle flickered alight.

"Thanks Hermione," Liana called behind her. Hermione stood frozen, her eyes glued wide open.

"How did you do that?" Hermione asked in shock as she stared fixated at the candle. Liana frowned as she looked around, holding a deep red cloak in one hand and a pair of mismatched socks in the other.

"Do what?" Liana frowned as she looked at the astounded Hermione in confusion.

"Light the candle?" Hermione encouraged, raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't you do it?" Liana scoffed as she eyed Hermione. Liana didn't have a clue what had just happened but she didn't have a good feeling about it.

"No- is this just a trick Liana?" Hermione sighed.

"Of course it's not a bloody trick!" Liana exclaimed as she rushed over to peer at the candle which was flickering merrily with a warm glow.

"I can't put it out!" Hermione panicked as she tried to blow out the candle. "You try!" She told Liana. Liana advanced towards the candle but before she had even touched it, it extinguished.

"Fucking hell!" Liana exclaimed as she leapt back, "what did I do?!"

"Try and light it again," Hermione suggested.

"But I don't know how I did it the first time!" Liana cried.

"Are you sure now isn't a good time to go to Professor Dumbledore?" Implored Hermione, her eyes wider than two tennis balls.

"I've changed my mind- I'll go," Liana nodded firmly as she bolted to the door, dashing down the stairs in her alcohol smelling clothes from last night. There had to be a reasonable explanation for this.

Liana never had been able to manipulate candles and light before, it must've been her hangover playing tricks on her. But all the same, Liana had an uneasy feeling that whatever had just happened wasn't going to be the last time.

╚═══════════════╝

AN

I hoped you liked this chapter- it was just a filler really. I get kind of anxious updating new chapters at the moment idk.

I won't be able to update for probably a week or so as I'm on holiday :)

I love you all so much you have no idea <3 stay positive and strong for me.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513 35 9
βπ˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘴𝘦𝘀𝘳𝘦𝘡 𝘸𝘒𝘴 π˜₯𝘒𝘳𝘬, π˜₯𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘴, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘦𝘦𝘱. 𝘚𝘰 π˜₯𝘦𝘦𝘱, π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘩𝘒𝘳π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱. 𝘈𝘯π˜₯ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 οΏ½...
23.8K 813 30
Book Two --------------- Power Prophecy series --------------- Being a Potter puts a target on your back and eyes that follow your every move. After...
44.5K 1.4K 27
'𝐌𝐒𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐒π₯𝐲𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐧, 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 π†π«π²πŸπŸπ’π§ππ¨π«.' After the sorting hat had sorted Anna Rowly into Gryffindor, breaking th...
109K 3.1K 119
"π“π‘πž 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐒𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩π₯𝐒𝐭 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩π₯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. π–πž'𝐯𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐑 π₯𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭 𝐚�...