circles; h.potter

By PaintedPotter

❝SHE BURNED BRIGHTER THAN YOUR FUTURE ❞ ✰ Liana Holly's life was a mystery, a puzzle and in some aspects, a d... More

✰CIRCLES✰
ACT ONE- ADRONITIS
chapter one- the Potter legacy
chapter two- a contagious smile
chapter three- tea leaves
chapter four- a disregard for rules
chapter five- chocolate cake
chapter six- red and orange sparks
chapter seven- February 1984
chapter eight- paper packages
chapter nine- bubbles
chapter ten- broken noses
chapter eleven- little lion
chapter twelve- 'didn't even break his glasses!'
chapter thirteen- tears and chocolate frogs
chapter fourteen- christmas at hogwarts
chapter fifteen- Draco is sqaushed
16- Buckbeak's execution
17-The Dog, The Kids and The Werewolf
18- Hazel Eyes
19- Flash of Red Hair
20- The Missing Child
ACT TWO- HIRAETH
21- The London Public Library
22- Resigned to Hopelessness
23 - The Dynamic Duo
24- Cheese Sandwitches and Hidden Feelings
25-Alastor Moody
26- NOVEMBER 1987
27- SPEW
28- Vibrant Blue Flames
29- the Goblet of Fire
30- Painfully Intoxicated
31- The Hungarian Horntail
32- The Chocolate Frog Debate
33- Go get your girl
34- Yule Ball
35- Mince Pie Wrappers
36-The Black Lake Swimming Lessons
37- Body Bind Curse
38- Feeling Like Bliss
39- Wasting Away
ACT THREE| PART ONE- CHEROPHOBIA
40- Honeydukes
41 - Tonks and the Umbrella Stand
42-Wilted Flowers
43- Merlins Bloomers
44- Sirius Bends The Truth
45- Hot Chocolate
46- The Toad
47- The Rebel Takes Over
48- Detentions
49- Dragon Shit
50- Glasses of Vomit
51- Six Months of Detetion and A Quidditch Ban
52- Educational Decree No. 23
54-Muddy Knees
55- The Hufflepuff party
56- Night Terrors In the Maze
57- Sir Cadogan of Strong Heart and Steel
58- The Haunting of Liana Holly
59- Control Your Demons
60- The Halfbreed Visitor
ACT THREE| PART TWO- ABDITORY
61-Dark Secrets and Black Magic
62- Muggle Crosswords
63- Chronic Cases of Hiccups
64- Another Christmas
65- The Rose Balcony
66- A Ticking Time Bomb
67- Not Quite Back to Normal
68- The Truth of the Dream
69- Scarred Hands
70- Busted
71-Fred and George Leave with a Bang
72-A Stolen Wand
73- The Escape From The Dark Forest
75- Rescue Gone Wrong
76- Limbo
ACT FOUR| PART ONE- LIBEROSIS
77- Coffee and Euphoria
78- Stolen Spoon of Cornflakes
79- The Bracelet of Soujorn
80- An Emotional Professor McGonagall
81- Potions Prodigy
82- Sirius Orion Black
83- Unbreakable Vows With Snape
84- Midnight Strolls
85- Disastrous Dinner Date
86- A Broken Promise
87- True Love Chocolates
88- The Half Blood Prince
89-Ginger Snaps
90-Sectumsempra
91- Five things you can see
92- The Demons Awaken
ACT FOUR| PART TWO- METANOIA
93-Best Friend Necklace
94- A Secret Choice
95- Aberforth
96- Time Of Forgiveness
97- Arson
98- New Beginnings
99- Aragog's Funeral

53- The Pieces of a Broken Heart

8.1K 386 443
By PaintedPotter

╔═══════════════╗

LIANA stumbled out of Umbridge's office for the third night in a row, her head spinning. She slammed the door behind her and leant her whole body against it, taking in relieved gulps of air as she tried to steady herself and focus on anything but the voices swirling around her mind.

'I told you Liana, you're to blame. You're the reason Mum never came home,' Christina hissed.

'Honestly Liana, you're delusional to think anyone could love you,' Harry laughed cruelly.

'I was always going to pick your brother over you, you're not even a friend to me,' Will snapped bitterly.

Liana clamped her fingers over her ears and screwed her eyes tight shut.

"Shut up," she mumbled to herself, feeling her anger building. The voices merged into each other and almost seemed to grow in volume and vindictive pleasure in her head.

"SHUT UP!" She screamed out finally. The voice stopped. She opened her eyes and blinked in the dimly lit corridor.

"Liana? What the hell are you doing?" Came a familiar voice from a few doors down. Liana jumped as she looked up to see Harry staring at her. But she thought she could detect some concern underlying his voice.

"Um- nothing," Liana protested unconvincingly as she tried to lean against Umbridge's office door casually, her elbow slipping down. Harry raised an eyebrow and walked over, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"You can tell me what she did," Harry expressed rather knowingly as he jerked his head towards Umbridge's door.

"She just um- said something rude about Remus," Liana blabbed, fiddling with her skirt hem nervously as it occurred to her that she hadn't been this close to Harry for a while.

"Fine," Harry breathed out as he stopped to stand in front of her. His eyes trailing over her without meaning to. She looked particularly beautiful tonight. Her hair grazed her shoulder in its sleek red curls, her eyes wide and glossy and her cheeks rather flushed.

"That was a lie, she didn't say anything about Remus," Liana admitted after a few seconds of silence under Harry's intense stare.

"I know. Your nose goes pink when you lie," Harry shrugged simply. Liana just nodded in response, her cheeks beginning to flush.

"I'll see you at the DA meeting tomorrow?" Liana asked her voice jumping up an octave as she tried to change the subject. Her heart hammering against her ribs as she caught Harry's familiar scent of broomstick polish.

"Of course- I'm thinking of introducing the patronus charm," Harry gave her an unusual smile, but it felt like it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Where are you going now?"Liana asked politely as she pulled her school bag up on one shoulder. Harry gestured towards Umbridge's door.

"Oh," was all Liana could muster. "Well- give her a kick from me," she added, a little humour lacing her voice. Harry managed to crack a genuine smile and watched Liana walk briskly away up the moving stairs, he had missed seeing her like this. Alone. When she was unfiltered and vulnerable.

LIANA tossed her wand on the floor angrily.

"Stupid, blasted thing," she huffed as it spewed a few pathetic red sparks.

"Don't worry Liana, you'll get it in a second," Luna smiled gently from where she was standing. A large ghostly hare was leaping around in the air beside her from the control of her wand much to her delight.

"Easy for you to say Luna, you can do it perfectly," Liana grumbled as she picked up her wand yet again. For once, Liana was the only person in the room who had not managed to grasp the spell. Usually it was Neville or perhaps Seamus with his tendency to set things on fire, but Liana was the only one who couldn't produce a patronus yet.

"It's no good," Liana stamped her heel as she only managed to produce a thin whisp of smoke.

"Hey Liana? Come over here I'll help," Neville called happily from the corner where he had produced his patronus with surprising ease. Harry, who had been guiding Cho through the hand movements, looked up at once, his eyes darkening at Neville.

"It's alright Neville I'll help her," Harry said quickly as he walked over to Liana. Liana rolled her eyes, the last thing she needed was a quiet chat alone with Harry.

"I'll leave you two to it," Luna smiled airily and shot a wink at Liana which made her do a double take.

"No Luna please don't-" Liana began to protest as Luna walked away swiftly to go stand near Ginny "-go" Liana finished.

"I'll help you, come on, don't you trust me?" Harry asked in a surprisingly civil tone although the coldness never left from behind his eyes.

" Theoretically I trust you," Liana sighed, a resigned smile on her lips.

"Think of your happiest memory. It has to be the strongest you can muster," Harry explained and Liana furrowed her brow.

"I don't have many of those," she snorted quietly. "I was thinking of the first time I saw Hogwarts but I suppose that isn't happy enough?" She asked looking at Harry with questioning eyes. Harry shook his head firmly.

"Definitely not. I had the same problem at first, but I found that thinking of a person, or a specific group of people helps," Harry suggested, finding himself drawn in by Liana's big, blinking blue eyes. Liana stood thinking for a second before a light smile came to her lips.

"Got one?" Harry asked and Liana nodded, trying to hide the grin as she reminisced. "Give it a go," Harry encouraged.

Liana closed her eyes and focused as hard as she could. She was standing on the shore by the black lake the day after the Triwizard tournament. Harry's hands gently holding her close and his lips upon hers. She tried to recall the bliss from that moment, channelling the energy down into her wand.

Liana heard a few claps before she even opened her eyes. To her joy, from her wand a large bird of some description had erupted.

"A Phoenix," Harry muttered, more to himself than anyone else. Liana chuckled as she watched her patronus flap on its unsteady wings at first before getting the gist of flight and swooping around the room, smoky liquid flecks dripping from its wings like ghostly fire.

"Oh it's so pretty," Lavender gasped as she looked up.

Liana felt a proud bubble in her chest as she relaxed her hand and let the bird evaporate away.

"Well done Liana!" Cheered Neville, hurrying over to wrap her up in a warm hug.

"Thanks Neville," grinned Liana in excitement. She had finally done it.

"That's all for today, um because of the Christmas holidays we won't be meeting again till term starts again-" Harry spoke up for the whole group to hear, conveniently interrupting Neville's hug with Liana.

"-So, great work today everyone, and I'll see you after the holidays," Harry smiled.

Students began to flock out of the doors and Liana bent down to pick up her bag, walking out slowly as she mulled things over in her head. It felt like Harry had been much warmer towards her today and it reminded Liana of how much she missed him, their kiss from fourth year playing on her mind.

Liana had just stepped out into the corridor when she made the decision to apologise to Harry. It seemed the right, mature thing to do. Liana turned around and jogged back into the room of requirement, a small smile growing on her face.

But she stopped dead in her tracks as she spotted Harry standing under the mistletoe. Only he wasn't alone. Liana clamped a hand over her mouth to hide the gasp. Seeing Cho and Harry together was something she would have never thought of in her wildest dreams.

Liana stumbled backwards, pushing back through the door, her eyes welling with tears and her cheeks drained of colour. She broke into a run as she left the room of requirement, jogging down the corridor while wiping at her eyes with her robe sleeve. She couldn't help how she felt for Harry. She had tried to avoid admitting her feelings for him, she had stayed away from him like the plague and argued with him fiercely. But she never expected him to kiss someone else, especially Cho.

Harry felt like a completely different person to her. Before, she had his untainted image of her Harry. He was courageous and loyal and a fierce friend and lover. But now, he had just shattered her heart into pieces and trampled it into the cold, granite floor.

It felt as if everything had just changed.

╚═══════════════╝

AN
Well. This was a little intense, I just want my children back together but we have to be patient.
Hope you liked the chapter <3

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.4K 27
'𝐌𝐒𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐒π₯𝐲𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐧, 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 π†π«π²πŸπŸπ’π§ππ¨π«.' After the sorting hat had sorted Anna Rowly into Gryffindor, breaking th...
69.8K 2.2K 85
After James and Lily Potter are tragically murdered, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black are left with the task of raising and caring for "The Boy Who Lived...
195K 5K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...
109K 3.1K 119
"π“π‘πž 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐒𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩π₯𝐒𝐭 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩π₯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. π–πž'𝐯𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐑 π₯𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭 𝐚�...