circles; h.potter

By PaintedPotter

โSHE BURNED BRIGHTER THAN YOUR FUTURE โž โœฐ Liana Holly's life was a mystery, a puzzle and in some aspects, a d... More

โœฐCIRCLESโœฐ
ACT ONE- ADRONITIS
chapter one- the Potter legacy
chapter two- a contagious smile
chapter three- tea leaves
chapter four- a disregard for rules
chapter five- chocolate cake
chapter six- red and orange sparks
chapter seven- February 1984
chapter eight- paper packages
chapter nine- bubbles
chapter ten- broken noses
chapter eleven- little lion
chapter twelve- 'didn't even break his glasses!'
chapter thirteen- tears and chocolate frogs
chapter fourteen- christmas at hogwarts
chapter fifteen- Draco is sqaushed
16- Buckbeak's execution
17-The Dog, The Kids and The Werewolf
18- Hazel Eyes
19- Flash of Red Hair
20- The Missing Child
ACT TWO- HIRAETH
21- The London Public Library
22- Resigned to Hopelessness
23 - The Dynamic Duo
24- Cheese Sandwitches and Hidden Feelings
25-Alastor Moody
26- NOVEMBER 1987
27- SPEW
28- Vibrant Blue Flames
29- the Goblet of Fire
30- Painfully Intoxicated
31- The Hungarian Horntail
32- The Chocolate Frog Debate
33- Go get your girl
34- Yule Ball
35- Mince Pie Wrappers
36-The Black Lake Swimming Lessons
37- Body Bind Curse
38- Feeling Like Bliss
39- Wasting Away
ACT THREE| PART ONE- CHEROPHOBIA
40- Honeydukes
41 - Tonks and the Umbrella Stand
42-Wilted Flowers
43- Merlins Bloomers
44- Sirius Bends The Truth
45- Hot Chocolate
46- The Toad
48- Detentions
49- Dragon Shit
50- Glasses of Vomit
51- Six Months of Detetion and A Quidditch Ban
52- Educational Decree No. 23
53- The Pieces of a Broken Heart
54-Muddy Knees
55- The Hufflepuff party
56- Night Terrors In the Maze
57- Sir Cadogan of Strong Heart and Steel
58- The Haunting of Liana Holly
59- Control Your Demons
60- The Halfbreed Visitor
ACT THREE| PART TWO- ABDITORY
61-Dark Secrets and Black Magic
62- Muggle Crosswords
63- Chronic Cases of Hiccups
64- Another Christmas
65- The Rose Balcony
66- A Ticking Time Bomb
67- Not Quite Back to Normal
68- The Truth of the Dream
69- Scarred Hands
70- Busted
71-Fred and George Leave with a Bang
72-A Stolen Wand
73- The Escape From The Dark Forest
75- Rescue Gone Wrong
76- Limbo
ACT FOUR| PART ONE- LIBEROSIS
77- Coffee and Euphoria
78- Stolen Spoon of Cornflakes
79- The Bracelet of Soujorn
80- An Emotional Professor McGonagall
81- Potions Prodigy
82- Sirius Orion Black
83- Unbreakable Vows With Snape
84- Midnight Strolls
85- Disastrous Dinner Date
86- A Broken Promise
87- True Love Chocolates
88- The Half Blood Prince
89-Ginger Snaps
90-Sectumsempra
91- Five things you can see
92- The Demons Awaken
ACT FOUR| PART TWO- METANOIA
93-Best Friend Necklace
94- A Secret Choice
95- Aberforth
96- Time Of Forgiveness
97- Arson
98- New Beginnings
99- Aragog's Funeral

47- The Rebel Takes Over

9.1K 387 156
By PaintedPotter

╔═══════════════╗

THE first day of classes had begun the same as usual for Liana, other than her disappointment that in her Care of Magical Creatures lesson, Hagrid seemed to be missing and in his place was Professor Kettleburn, a dreadfully dull and boring teacher who followed the syllabus far too closely for Liana's liking.

Liana walked into Defence against the Dark arts and settled next to Hermione, throwing her books dramatically onto the desk as she watched Parvati blow a paper aeroplane across the room, the usual low level chatter buzzing around them. She stole a look at Harry who was glancing around, his eyes following the aeroplane with fascination.

However they all flinched as the aeroplane suddenly burst into flames and disintegrated before their eyes. Looking down from the ceiling Liana scowled at Professor Umbridge who was today dressed in a frilly blouse and skirt and looked identical to a lace curtain.

"Good morning children," smiled Umbridge sweetly as she pulled out her short wand and waved it in front of her, directly it at the board.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O -W-Ls, more commonly known as OWLs," Umbridge spoke in her usual high pitched squeak that made Liana grimace.

"Her voice is giving me whiplash," she muttered to Hermione who sniggered and rolled her eyes.

"Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences may be, severe," she told them. Liana glanced around, no one seemed particularly intimidated by this pink, frilly toad, in fact, Ron was laughing from behind his hand.

Professor Umbridge raised her wand once more and pointed it at the stacks of textbooks in the front desks which then began to disperse themselves.

"Your previous instructions in this class have been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know that from now on you'll be following a carefully planned, ministry approven course of defensive magic, " Professor Umbridge looked very self satisfied at this and she puffed out her chest with pride.

Liana frowned as she picked up the textbook in front of her and turned it over dubiously. Emblazoned on the front it read:

DEFENCE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS- BASICS FOR BEGINNERS

From beside her, Liana saw Hermione stretch her hand into the air, confusion evident on her face.

"Yes?" Professor Umbridge addressed Hermione.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione pointed out as she flipped through the book, her brow furrowed. Liana raised a eyebrow in surprise and began to leaf through the pages to discover Hermione was correct, once again.

"Using spells? I can't imagine why you would ever need to use spells in my classroom," Professor Umbridge replied smoothly, shutting down Hermione at once.

"You're having a laugh?" Liana piped up incredulously. "We go to a magic school and we aren't going to use magic?"

Umbridge forced a smile on her face as she turned to look hard at Liana. Her gaze turning darker as she took in the scarlet hair, blue eyes and pointed nose. Umbridge recognised this girl and it made her face contort with instant dislike.

"And, you are?" Simpered Umbridge.

"Liana Holly," Liana rolled her eyes. Umbridge scowled as her suspicions were confirmed.

"Well, Miss Holly, you will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way," Professor Umbridge explained slowly. Liana looked at the woman like she had lost her mind.

"But if we're going to be attacked it won't be risk free," Harry snapped from across the classroom.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class," barked Umbridge turning her attention away from Liana to round on Harry.

"It is the view of the ministry, that theoretical knowledge is enough to get you through your examinations, which of course is what school is all about," smiled Umbridge tightly as she attempted to keep her temper under control.

"And how's theory going to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry asked with annoyance, getting into the swing of things as Ron nodded his encouragement.

"My dear boy there is nothing out there!" Umbridge clapped back at once.

"Well now you're a pathological liar too, as well as ignorant with a terrible taste in fashion," Liana jumped in. Hermione whined under her breath:

"Watch your temper Liana," she begged.

"Miss Holly I've had almost up to here with you!" Umbridge exclaimed before taking a deep breath and calming herself.

"Who do you think Mr Potter, is going to want attack children like yourselves?"

It was clearly a rhetorical question but that didn't stop Harry.

"Oh I don't know? How about Lord Voldemort," Harry suggested sarcastically and everyone flinched at the mention of his name, except for Liana, who was so worked up she was focused on staying calm and trying not to do her usual dramatic exit of tossing her chair to the ground.

"Now let me make this quite plain, you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This-is-a-lie," emphasised Umbridge as she walked straight up to Harry's face.

"It's not a lie- I saw him, I fought him!" Harry yelled fiercely, slamming a fist on his desk in frustration.

"Detention Mr Potter!" Professor Umbridge snapped at once.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead if his own accord," Harry challenged, ignoring Umbridge's previous statement.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident,"

"It was murder, Voldemort killed him- you must know that!" Harry exclaimed.

"Enough!" Shouted Umbridge, silencing the fuming Harry, but unfortunately Liana wasn't quite the same story. She could feel her blood boiling as her thoughts were swamped with pure hatred. She recalled lying in the bottom of a metal trunk last year with a broken arm and expecting certain death.

"No," Liana spoke up, quietly at first as she gained her confidence. Harry glanced over to see Liana was shaking slightly, her hand trembling in its clenched fist.

"This is not enough! How can you say that! You're trying to feed us lies- this is ridiculous!" Liana raged and Umbridge opened her mouth to retort back.

"No- shut up! You've said your piece and it's my turn to talk now!" Liana shouted ferociously and she gave up trying to keep calm and kicked her chair over as she stood up.

"You're being fooled!" She exclaimed as she turned to face her classmates. "Last year I was thrown into a trunk by a deranged Professor who told me Harry was dead and I was going to be killed by Voldemort too!"

There were collective gasps around the room. Liana had never come clean to anyone other than Harry and her closest friends about what happened to her at the end of last year and not many had bothered to question why her arm was in a sling and she winced when she moved her broken rib.

"You foul woman! You make me sick. I don't know how you're going to weasel your way out of three people who all have eye witness accounts to the rise of Voldemort again, but I'd love to see you try. Pathetic," Liana spat as she turned to Umbridge who looked like she was seconds away from losing it all together.

"Detention Miss Holly, two months worth. I want you and Mr Potter to take these notes and see your head of house. At once," Professor Umbirdge stated coldly as she handed Liana a slip of paper. Liana looked up at Professor Umbridge incredulously. She took the paper Umbridge was holding out to her and tore it in two, scattering the pieces like bits of confetti.

She felt everyone's eyes following her as she turned on her heel and sprinted out of the classroom, completely blowing past Harry, who looked gobsmacked.

Liana was about to run off to perhaps the Owlery or the kitchens to calm down when Harry called after her.

"Liana? Where are you going?" He asked, jogging over her her. Liana looked up at Harry with a sigh. Her eyes trailed over his face and she gave herself a moment to admire his sharp jaw, bright green eyes and tousled hair.

"Don't worry about it, I just need to chill out for a minute, " Liana mumbled as she pressed a gentle kiss to Harry's cheek and before Harry could follow her or bring her with him to face McGonagall, Liana had turned on her heel and marched across the courtyard, her scarlet curls bouncing at her shoulders as she headed towards the Owlery.

╚═══════════════╝

AN
I'm so tired from school. I already want the holidays back and exams are literally so annoying.

Hope this chapter was alright? I've been losing readers and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong? If so just let me know- I want you all to enjoy this story as much as I do!
Xoxo
Edited :28/4/19

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 813 30
Book Two --------------- Power Prophecy series --------------- Being a Potter puts a target on your back and eyes that follow your every move. After...
72.6K 2.2K 86
After James and Lily Potter are tragically murdered, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black are left with the task of raising and caring for "The Boy Who Lived...
16.5K 1.3K 43
โ๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ด...โž ~*~*~* Lily...
710 51 12
โ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ. ๐˜š๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ, ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ. ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๏ฟฝ...