Protecting You ("The Shadows"...

By oned_coolR9

"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her... More

I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
A/N
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
XLIV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
Epilogue.
Dedicated to...
Update...(A/N)
New Story!!!
Bonus Chapter ( I.)...
Bonus Chapter ( II.)
Bonus Chapter ( III.)
A Damn Author's Note!!!

XLV.

2.9K 116 4
By oned_coolR9

Ryan's POV

I was pacing in front of my office desk, thinking how to locate Adam. I had this urge to kill the guy with my bare hands, so were the feelings of all my men and Lily's men. We were devastated because it had been nine days and we still were sitting here like idiots. Jim, Evan, Liam were trying their best and so were every one who could help in any way possible.

Evan entered the room with Jim. They both had dark circles under their eyes. My condition must've been the same, but our will power was far more than our physical health.

"Any news?" I asked as I stopped and stood up straight. They both shook their heads, making me more determined.

We all were worried. Adam was hiding quite well and it was aggravating, would be an understatement. Suddenly, an idea struck me. I shared it with Evan and Jim. Evan was skeptical, but Jim said that it is our only choice to save Lily and Alex. So, he agreed and called in Liam with Anthony.

Anthony was still under our supervision, but for this one plan we needed his help. He knew who was loyal in our gang and his gang. Plus he had experience with Adam more than any of us. I repeated my idea to both of them. When I was done, we all stood in silence, every one in their own thoughts.

"Who will go?" Jim asked.

This was the problem. My plan had no other loopholes but this one. We needed someone who would stay loyal and not bitch us out.

"I will go." "No." My reply was instant. Anthony and I glared at each other as Evan and Jim glanced between the two of us.

"I'm going-"

"No you're not."

"And why's that boy?"

"Don't call me that."

"Oh Fuck-"

"ENOUGH." Jim silenced us while Evan stood silently, observing us.

"Ryan. It's not a bad idea you know." Evan spoke after a few seconds. This time, he received my glare to which he shrugged.

"I mean no one will suspect him, besides he's already running from him. Isn't he? He might not even know that he is with us." Evan continued as if I had not just warned him with my stare. Jim nodded at this.

"I'm not sending him." My voice was firm.

"Why?" Anthony asked instantly. I shook my head and was about to give my final verdict when Anthony cut me off.

"Jim, Evan, give me few minutes with him." He said, gesturing towards me. They followed his order as soon as I nodded my approval, rather skeptically and left. Anthony walked to one of the guest chairs and pointed to the one opposite his. I sat down with my hands folded in front of my chest, my face void of any emotions.

"Ryan. I remember how your father and I helped each other when we needed. We didn't have to ask and we never thanked each other or showed our gratitude towards one another. I still remember the day when Rafael called me for an urgent meeting. I was scared for his well being but never showed it. When I reached his place and entered his office...he was sitting in his usual chair with two glasses of wine. Obviously one for me. He made me sit on the chair in front of his desk and said 'Tony...there's this girl I like...' I almost flew out of my chair to punch him hard, but he knew and was prepared. He dodged one hit and let me hit the next. His nose started bleeding so he pulled his handkerchief out and wiped the blood away. I brushed my coat off and sat back down. He chuckled lightly and said 'Now that we're done with that, by the way I deserved it, let's get back to what I was saying. I need your help.' He had no idea how to approach the girl. Long story short, he got the girl and married her. I was the best man and when you were born, he made me your godfather. I was a hard-working guy with many ambitious goals. He was a family guy so, he kept his family and business away from each other."

"One day, your mother barged in my office, your father trailing behind her like a lost puppy. She was angry and glaring at me. I was very hard person to break, but that women could make any guy run for his money with the temper she had. A match made in heaven your parents." He sighed remembering his old times.

"She pointed her tiny finger at me, her face red 'You are getting married.' she announced as if I had a girl hidden in my room and was doing the deed. Your father tried to stop her, but she continued ranting how a guy needs someone to balance him and that I'm going to grow old alone and shit. After she was done letting it all out, I told her I'm ready to marry someone but she should accept me for who I am, not by fear and definitely not because of money. She, fortunately, understood and left with your father who told me she was pregnant and that her hormones were speaking. A few weeks later I met Lily's mother. She was everything I wanted and needed in my life. She was the light in my darkness. It took her a lot of convincing and time to accept me. She was tainted but I wasn't an angel. I told her about me and soon we got closer and closer. I knew I'll marry her and your mother was her maid of honor. Only our family and our gangs attended our wedding. She was glowing that day with her inflated stomach. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid eyes on." He fell silent. I knew by the way his body turned rigid, he was reminiscing the hard times.

"After she passed away and I got informed how she died, actually died, I couldn't help but blame myself. She was my responsibility. She was mine. I couldn't imagine how helpless she would've felt when those men..." On instinct, my hand covered his to give him the strength through my actions. I felt his agony because Lily was away from me for nine days and I was feeling way beyond helpless. She needed me and here I was, having no clue of her whereabouts.

"When Lily came in my life, she was the only thing keeping me sane and away from the revenge I wanted to take on Adam. Because I knew she was his and if he gets even a hint about her, he'll destroy her. So I kept quite and waited for years to do it when the times right. A few months ago, your father asked Lily's hand for you. I was ecstatic and wanted nothing but her safety. I wanted to tell her about Adam, but never found the courage. She already hated that man from the day he tried to get to me. I never wanted her in this mafia life, but when I was devastated or hurt and couldn't handle this business, she would step up and be there on my behalf. Everyone respected her, loved her, they still do and I'm proud to say that she's my daughter. Not my blood, but she'll forever be mine." His eyes were filled with tears while I tried not to show emotions. I don't know why he was telling me these things.

"A few months back, I started executing my plan. Marrying Lily with you will keep her from Adam's way and I'll kill him. Lily's secret will die with me. But I had no idea that Zach was her brother. And when I realized, it was too late and everything went down the hill. That's why I decided to do what I did and become the bad guy. If Lily stayed with you and away from me, I knew she'll be safer."

"I tried killing that guy, but he was like a black panther, not visible in the dark of the jungle. I knew I had to be a hunter to find him. So I left and hunted him down with the help of Rafael and Jim."

"What?" My voice came out as a whisper.

"Yes. Don't blame them. I told them that we needed you to be natural and if you knew I was innocent, you won't be able to hide my secret from Lily. So, your parents and I were in this." I was dumbfounded. This is what I was scared about. My gut feeling was telling me that there was something wrong with me when I was doubting Anthony. I knew my parents accepting my orders to stay from my business matter and almost ordering me to marry Lily asap was too suspicious.

"Now tell me son, why don't you want me to go there?" He asked. I stood up and went to get myself a drink. I asked him if he would like one to which he nodded. I brought myself a bottle of expensive wine, opened it, pouring it for both of us.

"I had this gut feeling that you weren't wrong."

"And?" He urged.

"I'm scared to let you go. It's a suicide mission. I don't want you to die. You're very important to us, especially to Lily." He chuckled but we both knew he had made up his mind.

"She doesn't need to know, and even if I was the bad guy, she would still see me as a good guy because I was with her throughout her life. That's how she is. Optimistic. That's why she was the light that kept me away from the cliff I wanted to jump from. She's the diamond I would pay my life as money for. She's much more important to me than anything else in the world. I know she's equally important to you if not more." He said and placed his hand over mine.

"Son, I can see your inner turmoil, but you and I both know I'm not backing down. So let's stop this debate, which was more of you giving useless excuses, and save her. Alright." He said and chucked down his wine.

"I hate you Anthony. You know that right?"

"As much as I hate you? Yup. I know." He said as he smirked and hugged me tightly to him. I breathed in deeply and embraced him with equal force.

"Let's do this then. Shall we?"

"After you. And you have my permission to marry my daughter." I laughed out hard as he patted my back.

...

Hello Lovelies!!! This time I'm just going to ask you one question...like always. How was it?

My last year exams will start in a few a days and I'm really relieved that I've already written the chapters and the end of this book. I'll just have to publish them on time...that I will. I'm a bit scared because if I pass then I'll happily graduate...and I want to pass those tests with almost flying colors. Fingers crossed for my tests. I hope I get much time to study for the subjects.

Enough of my rambling.

If you liked this chapter then click the ⭐ button down there 👇 comment, share and add this book to your library for further updates. Have a nice 🌅/🌃.

Loads of Love...&...

Treat People With Kindness.

-R

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 6.1K 35
ššØšØš¤ šŽš§šž š¢š§ š­š”šž š†ššš«šœš¢šš š’šžš«š¢šžš¬ What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...
200K 3.3K 41
ARRANGED MARRIAGE "I will not marry anyone. I don't care if it's for alliance, because we both know we don't need it!" I hissed back. Our mafia was o...
282K 4.6K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...
332K 9.3K 51
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...