My Freak Show Life (BWWM)

By pink_cash

Chauncey, Benjamin, and Liam are three of the most successful men in their respective fields, who also happen... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: My Freak Show
Chapter 2: Beloved Strangers
Chapter 3: To live or To die
Chapter 4: The First Date
Chapter 5: The Worst First Date
Chapter 6: Unexpected Meetings
Chapter 7: News: Good or Bad?
Chapter 8: That's a yes?
Fair Warning 😔
Chapter 9: Hanging in the Balance
Info 😂
100k 🤯🤪
Chapter 11: The Past & Present
Chapter 12: Connection
Chapter 13: Closure
Chapter 14: Crime & Punishment
Chapter 15: The Aftermath
Chapter 16: Family
Chapter 17: Taking Steps
Updates?
Chapter 18:Mate
Chapter 19: Power
Chapter 20: Changing

Chapter 10: In Sickness

4K 256 45
By pink_cash

MFSL was meant to be a short story 15-20 chapters but it looks like that might be changing cause I haven't explored as much as I want lol. But anyway... Vote, Comment, & Fan ! : )

Liam POV

I walk into the building going to the nurses' station picking up my next patient's folder. Only a few more hours before my shift is over. I'm in the emergency room today but honestly, I don't mind. It's the best place to be in the hospital, where the most action happens. You honestly see a lot of things here. I've just came back from having lunch with Chauncey and Benji. I think Chauncey suggested it to make sure that I eat. He's overprotective like that, as if I'd die if I didn't eat for a few hours. I walk out the curtains just as I hear the ambulance pulling in. I walk over to the door just as the paramedics rush in.

"What we got?" I ask helping them push a stretcher to a bay.

"Attempted suicide" the paramedic yells.

"Help her please!" I hear the familiar voice yell. I turn around to see Isabella right behind us.

I look down and sure enough it's my beloved on the stretcher pale and unconscious. "We stitched up the cuts and induced vomit, but she took a lot of pills and lost a lot of blood" the paramedic says before leaving.

I go about checking my beloved and pumping her stomach, trying to focus on being her doctor for the moment. Her heart monitor suddenly goes off and suddenly she's crashing. "Liam!" Isabella screams.

"Get her out of here and get me a crash cart!" I shout giving my beloved CPR.

The nurses follow my instructions and I take the paddles before shocking her. Her heart monitor goes back stable, but her pressure is dropping. C'mon Jordan stay with me. She needs a blood transfusion quick.

"Push liquids and get me her records, she needs blood." I instruct before walking away to find Isabella. She's pacing the waiting room when I find her. "Isabella" I say softly.

She turns to me walking over tears still falling from her eyes. "is she okay? You saved her right?"

"She's stable for now" I lead her to vacant seats. "I need you to tell me what happened."

She takes a deep breath, "I don't know. She wasn't in our class, so I called her, and she didn't answer so..." I rub her back as she sobs. "I went to her house she...she..." she cries harder. "There was so much blood...I freaked out and called 911."

I pull her into my arms as she breaks down. I can't begin to imagine how she's feeling. It's one thing to see my beloved like this but it's another to bare witness to the scene. I hate seeing my beloved here like this but her best friend had to see her dead and unresponsive.

"Is this the first time?" I ask softly. She shakes her head trying to calm down.

"Isabella" I hear someone yell causing us both to turn. She gets up running into who I presume is my beloved's brother.

I walk back to the nurses' station getting my beloved's folder to see she's A negative. I walk back to the waiting room to see the rest of her family is now there too. The resemblance between them all is uncanny. "Hello, I'm Dr. Phillips, I'm Jordan's doctor. She's stable for the moment but she lost a lot of blood and needs a transfusion. Are any of you A negative?"

"I am" her father says.

"Shouldn't we talk about this" her mother says causing us all to look at her confused.

"What is there to talk about? My sister and your daughter will die if dad doesn't give blood" her brother says angrily.

"How many times are we going to go through this?" it hits me suddenly that she's the only one not bothered by her daughter's suicide attempt. What parent isn't bothered by her daughter trying to take her own life. No matter how many times they've been through this. You don't give up on your child.

"I'm not giving up on her Sharon" her dad says. "I'll donate my blood."

"You're making a mistake Tyson" Sharon says exasperated.

"You probably did this to her!" Isabella snaps.

It's as if a light bulb went off in her brother's head, "You did, didn't you? You drugged her this morning" he says looking at her shocked. "All because of the fucking car? You know what those pills do to her!"

"I'm sorry, what pills?" I ask confused as to what the fuck is going on here.

They all turn as if realizing that I'm still here. "Sorry about our little discussion doctor."

"It's an antidepressant but it does the opposite for Jor, makes her worse and loopy" Isabella says sniffling.

I clench my jaw before looking at her father. "C'mon I'll take you back."

I lead him to the back to a nurse before giving instructions and leaving to check on a few other patients. My beloved's home life is coming to light and I'm not liking it at all. What kind of parent drugs their own daughter? Who knew trying to make sure our beloved was safe would be the one thing that jeopardizes her safety.

Come to the hospital now, it's Jordan and bring Amari. I say through our link.

I didn't want them to see her like I saw her, but they deserve to know what's going on. And Amari can be here for Isabella. I'm sure she needs him more than ever right now. I walk back to the nurses' station just as Chauncey, Benji, and Amari are walking in.

"She's in the waiting room" I say to Amari who nods before walking away.

"What the fuck is going on Liam?" Benji asks.

"Follow me" I say before leading them to her closed curtain. "She came in as an attempted suicide."

"How is she?" Benji asks brushing a curl from her face.

"She's stable and getting a blood transfusion."

"Why'd she do this?" Chauncey wonders rubbing her bandaged wrist.

"Her home life is far from perfect."

"Are you okay?" Benji asks eyeing me. I nod. He places his hand on my neck grazing my jawline with his thumbs. "Are you sure babe? Couldn't have been easy seeing her like that."

"We're here for you" Chauncey adds.

I give them a weak smile, "I'm fine I swear. I'll be better when she wakes up."

"We all will be" Benji says softly before pecking my lips softly.

"Dr. Phillips" my nurse says peaking her head in. I turn to face her, "the police are asking to speak to you."

I nod and she closes the curtain back. I face them, "I have to go and you guys can't stay in here."

They nod before following me out. I walk over to the police. We introduce ourselves before they begin to ask me questions about Jordan's condition. Even though I know it's protocol for suicide attempts it doesn't stop me from getting a little defensive. I watch as they cuff her to the bed making sure they don't put too much pressure on her wound. I know they will question her when she wakes up and get her evaluated before they take them off and clear her. And as much as I want to tell them about her mother I don't. I wouldn't want to betray Jordan like that and she's still underage. I check her vitals once more before having her moved to a room. I need the bay and she needs the privacy for when she wakes up.

I walk into the waiting room to her family. "You all can see her now."

They all rise but her father stops her mother. "I think it's best if you go home Sharon."

"Are you serious?" she asks appalled.

"Yes, you've done enough" he turns to me. "Lead the way doc."

I couldn't have agreed more. What's the point of being around if you didn't want to save her life. I lead them to my beloved's room.

"Why is she cuffed?" he brother asks.

"It's protocol for suicide attempts" I inform.

"Do you know when she'll wake up?"

"It's up to her now."

"Thank you doctor" Tyson says shaking my hand.

"You're welcome." I walk out the room giving them their space. I'll check back in a few.

I walk into her room to see her still resting. Her family left a little while ago once visiting hours were over. Chauncey and Benji walk into the room as I'm checking her vitals. They've been in and out of my office working. I glance at her again to see her eyelids fluttering open.

"Hey" I say with a gentle smile once her eyes are fully open. Benji gives her a drink of water.

"Where am I?"

"The hospital love" I answer.

She sighs, "she saved me again."

"Again?" Chauncey questions.

"She loves you and you scared her" I say softly, "all of us."

"I want to die. I don't want to deal with this anymore."

"Don't say that" I stroke her cheek. "What don't you want to deal with? Talk to us."

She shakes her head tears springing to her eyes. "It doesn't matter. I told you guys I wasn't worth it. Now you know and can leave me alone."

I turn her to face me looking into hazel eyes. "You are worth everything and more and we'll spend the rest of our lives getting you to believe it. We are here with you through all the ups and downs life may bring. Okay?"

She nods and I wipe her tears away with the pad of my thumb. I place a kiss to her forehead.

"We hope one day you'll trust us enough to tell us what's really going on" Benji adds holding onto her hand.

She nods, "I'll try I promise."

We nod. "We're going to go and let you get some rest. But I'll be back first thing in the morning" I say.

She nods, "okay."

I kiss her forehead again before moving to the side. Benji and Chauncey peck her lips softly before we walk out her room. I'm sure her family will be by tomorrow to see her also. If only I could prohibit her mother from coming I would because she's a security risk. Who knows what she'll try to do to Jordan. She clearly thinks of Jordan as a burden she can no longer stand.

"We can't let something like this happen again" Chauncey says once we all are in our room.

"What did Zoey say?" Benji asks taking off his shirt.

"She did her job. He had her cornered in the bathroom and she took care of it." (How many of y'all knew she worked for him? Lol🙋🏾‍♀️)

"Why didn't she follow Jordan?"

"She figured she was just going to her class."

"She didn't do her fucking job then Chase. She's there to protect our beloved at all times."

Chauncey goes to speak but stops pausing for a second, "you are right. I'll talk to her."

Benji nods before we all get into the shower. When Chauncey first said he was going to have a warrior go to Jordan's school and befriend her for protection I thought it was a crazy idea. But now I'm grateful he did because today could've been a lot worse for our beloved.

Vote, Comment, & Fan !  : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 3.4K 33
Liam left everything that he knew behind, his house, the neighborhood he lived in, and the city that he knew. Why? Because he needed a change. He nee...
435K 10.9K 22
Ophelia James has been tormented her entire life because she had no wolf. On her 18th birthday, she searches for her fated mate but when he finds out...
171K 9.6K 74
I struggled against the chains, ignoring the smell of my burning flesh. Crimson glanced at me and she had a lazy grin on her face. "Why are you smil...
184K 4.9K 35
"Hey." I look over at Dylan "What?" "You're cute." I roll my eyes at him. "No. I'm being serious." He says "I don't really care." I say : : : Victo...