Chino Hills Hoodrat

By elibabyy

"Whatever bro, you just a hoodrat anyway." 𝙖 𝙡𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 More

extra cast
keep yo head up
you gon be okay
full ride
park's diner
dont play yourself yas
blackmail
ms steal yo man
secret alliances
pillow talk
press
ikyfl
the worst
abortion tingz
baby mama drama
hallelujah
instagram feed
more life
bro bro
IG FEED
promises
merry crimsas
if the angels call your name
long live you
the kids are alright
blind
we
cut from the same cloth
fame
IG FEED
babykicks
decisions, decisions
when the party's over
disclaimer !!!
all star break up
IG FEED
dream's chapter
where he belongs
jesus, take the wheel
new edition(s)
IG FEED
what had happened was
IG FEED
we should get married
yours
carolina's chapter
money moves
IG FEED
hakeem's chapter
die in your arms
super yas
IG FEED / #HAPPYGDAYKENYA
murder on my mind
BBB Exclusive Q&A
she done dreaming
all things go
IG FEED #CLASSOF2K19
love you goodbye

prolouge

89.2K 1.9K 4.8K
By elibabyy

Yasmin Palmer | @maaminextdoor
"serrano girls so damn hood but we're so damn pretty"

I watched as white teens made they way into the house, all dressed up in what seemed to be the same outfit but just different colors. Most of the girls wore tube tops or bandeaus with shorts that didn't even cover half their asses. I looked down at my own attire, which was a Warrior's jersey and some grey leggings, then back at theirs with confusion.

The driveway was filled with nice ass cars, making Kenya's 1997 Ford Taurus look like a damn garbage truck. I knew there was something off when we had to go through a gate to get in here.

"Kenya, the fuck kinda party is this?" I turned in confusion to my bestfriend who stopped the car in front of one of the biggest houses I had ever seen up close.

"Girl Jayo said come, so I came," she shrugged she had the same look of confusion on her face as I did. Her tank top and leather pants would stick out like a sore thumb in the same way my fit would.

Since I was born, Kenya and her family lived across the street from. Being half Haitian, she spoke just as good creole as she spoke english, which came in handy when we was out in public tryna talk bad on somebody. I was Haitian too.

Despite being bestfriends basically since birth, Kenya and I was two different people when it came to the way we dressed. We was both loud, bold, and shared the same sense of humor, but while I dressed more mainstream, Kenya was more likely to dress in vintage clothes two sizes too big.

Nonetheless, I considered her a sister over anything.

"What business Jayo got here? Whose party is this anyway?"

Jayo was Kenya's boo. I mean, they weren't official or none but everyone at school knew they was for each other. Jayo was a star athlete at our school and had offers coming at him since we was freshmen. We were all seniors. If anybody was gon make it out our little hood, it was him.

"Ion know girl. You know Jayo be cook with everybody," she thought for a moment before picking up her phone. "Hold up—maybe I got the wrong address."

"Girl I know you ain't have me sneak out the house for this," I rolled my eyes, as I ran another coat of lipgloss over my lips.

"Kalin don't know where you at?" she asked.

Kalin was my older brother. Ever since my momma went missing about three years ago, it was just me him and our kid brother Jax. At nineteen, Kalin made the decision to drop out of college to watch over us. He was respected on the streets, which came with protection for me and Jax wherever we went. But still, Kalin ain't like the idea of me being out late, especially not on this side of town.

People like us weren't made for, or accepted on this side of town.

We stay in Los Serranos. It was the only home we ever knew, and to us, as in the people who stay there, it was fine. We ain't have much, but we had enough. To everyone else though, it was the slumps of Chino Hills and just one look could show you that.

"No ma'am," I confirmed. "And thank God, he don't cause you know damn well he wouldn't like the idea of me or you being over here."

"Welp, we at the right place sis and Jayo here. Let's just go inside and see wassup. If it's wack we can just go. Deal?"

"I guess," I shrugged before pulling the door open and getting out.

Stares came from every which way as we made our way in the house. Looking around the house, I couldn't see why someone would let a bunch of teenagers in here. If it was my house, every piece of furniture woulda been covered in plastic and off limits.

"There he is." Kenya spoke over the wack ass music that blared through the speaker. I followed her pointed finger over to the kitchen area where Jayo stood with a group of about five niggas I recognized from school. She took hold of my hand before pushing her way through the crowds to get over to them.

"Hey baby." He wrapped his arm around Kenya, leaving a kiss on her forehead, before turning to me. He used his free hand to greet me with a handshake, "Wassup Yasmin."

"You gon tell me why your girl had me sneak out for a wack ass party?"

"I'm saying!" Hakeem came from beside me, placing his arm around my shoulders. Hakeem was Jayo's bestfriend. Him and I have pretty close since we were kids and now we always found ourselves keeping each other company when Jayo and Kenya was together.

"You tryna go?" he said turning to face me.

I was bouta nod yes, but Jayo spoke before I could, "Damn, the party barely even started and y'all ready to go?"

"This not even a party..." I looked around to make a point.

"Aye give it an hour. I told my nigga Melo we was finna slide. We can't leave yet, that's green."

"Wait, this Lamelo house?" Keem asked. Jayo nodded.

"Makes sense." Keem said taking in our surroundings once again.

"Baby, how you even got yourself involved with Melo person?" Kenya asked the million dollar question.

"We played travel together. Y'all really don't know Melo?" He looked between Kenya and I. When neither of us said anything he shook his head.

"Well if we stuck here, we might as well mix some drinks." I said, as my eyes wandered to the table filled with drinks galore. It was probably the best thing I seen since we pulled up.

"Yeah, y'all go do that." Jayo sho'd us off, more focused on Kenya than anything. And Kenya looked at him with the same admiration.

Must be real nice.

LaMelo Ball | @melo
"my heart cold, i bet the angels agree."

"You good bro?" I lifted my head from its view of my hands that sat folded in between my legs to face one of my teammates.

"Yeah bro," I coughed before looking around, "You need something?"

"Well the party started. Everybody's asking for you."

"Right," I took a deep breath before getting up. I really don't know who told this dude he could just walk freely up the stairs in my house but I was gon let it slide today.

"Oh and happy birthday bro," he smiled at me.

"Yea," I responded before walking through the door.

I was eighteen today. I'd been waiting for this day since I was a youngin but now that it was here, I really ain't feel all that special.

My parents went away this weekend, specifically so I could throw this party. To be honest, the party was more they idea than mine. Even though I was tryna hide it they could see I been down for some time, and I guess they thought this party was gon help. It wasn't.

As I walked down the stairs, all eyes was on me. Show time, I thought to myself. It took everything in me to flash a smile as everybody started cheering and chanting my name.

"Hey Melo, happy eighteenth!" as soon as I hit the bottom step, a girl I didn't really know like that made it her business to seductively take hold of my arm.

"Thanks." I smiled as I shrugged my shoulder to remove her. She wouldn't budge. I sucked my teeth. "Move brah,"

She looked embarrassed, as her friends watched. I felt bad for embarrassing sis but I really don't know what she thought she was doing clinging on to me like I knew her.

It wasn't nothing new for girls to be throwing themselves at me. I had two brothers in the NBA and I was on my way which was already gold for most girls. And I ain't cocky or non but I looked good too.

Saying heys and thank yous to everyone I saw, I made my way to the kitchen. Lord knows, I was gon need a drink.

My eyes landed on the drink station but before I could even head over there, I was tugged by my shirt in another direction. Ready to curse out a mf, I turned to see the first person I wasn't all that bothered to see.

"My nigga Jayo." I said, pulling him in for a handshake.

"Happy gday slime." He returned it.

My eyes shifted to the girl who stood beside him. She was thin and didn't even reach Jayo's shoulder. Jayo was bout an inch shorter than me so that would put her at about 4'11. She was light skin. Her dreaded hair was pulled back in a ponytail but she let to of em free and the rested on the left side of her head. 

"This yo girl?" I turned back to Jayo.

"Uhh-" Jayo stared.

"Yes, I am." She answered for him. "My name Kenya. You must be Melo."

I laughed as Jayo stood awkwardly scratching his head, "Yeah that's me. Y'all enjoying the party?"

"Not really. Why it's so many caucasians in here." she admitted, looking around. She was blunt and I liked it.

Jayo shook his head, "Please disregard her, she really never be knowing what to say with her mouth." He narrowed his eyes at her.

She used her had to push his face, "Boy bye! You want me to lie?"

"Nah it's cool. I'm sure y'all parties be better." I shrugged. I had hella friends who lived in Los Serranos, yet I ain't ever been there for more than a game. But from what I could gather it was made up of only crackheads anyway.

"Y'all ready to go yet?" a voice whined from behind me.

Turning around, I was faced with a light skin dude I recognized as Jayo's friend. Looking down, my eyes fell on another short black girl, except this one was a lil darker. I usually wasn't bout the whole braids thing, but I'd be lying heavy if I said she ain't make it work. Her face was round, and cute with pretty brown eyes, but it was really her plump lips that drew me in. There wasn't much of that Chino Hills High.

She was fine.. for a black girl.

The outfit she had on showed enough without showing me too much. She was built petite but unlike the other girl she had a lil meat to her. Maybe if she was repping a better team she'd get a 10 from me, but right now she was at a solid 9.

"You really wore a warriors jersey over here? You want all the smoke huh?" I smirked down at her.

Her eyes followed my gaze before landing on her own chest, "Steph Curry fine ass, of course Imma rep."

"The disrespect." I laughed.

"What you got against them?"

"Nah it's not personal. But Imma rep mine before anyone else." I explained.

She looked around with a confused look on her face before turning to look back at me, "Who exactly is yours?"

Soon you, I thought to myself.

But nah, she really ain't know about me or was she just playing dumb?

"She forreal?" I turned to Jayo.

"These girls don't know shit." Jayo shrugged.

"Shit about what?" She brought her hands to
hold both sides of her hips.

"How you gon come to my house not knowing who I am?" I seriously asked. I mean, everybody in the hills knew of me. At least that's what I thought.

"Damn whiteboy, this yo house? It's real nice." she stared in awe.

"I'm not white. I'm LaMelo." she stared blankly, "Lamelo Ball..... You know LiAngelo, Lonzo, Lavar..." I named my brothers, then my dad.

"I'm sorry but..."

"They in the NBA." The lightskin dude said from beside her.

"Wait the NBA NBA?" Kenya asked.

"Yea." I responded but I kept my eyes on her friend though. I waited for the reaction I'd expected but it never came.

"Cool." she shrugged before turning back to face the dude beside her. "You tryna go now?"

"Yea we can-" He started.

"Go?? Nah, stay." I interrupted.

"Sorry white boy but this really ain't our scene." She laughed, "Thanks for having us though."

"Well I ain't even get your number. Or at least lemme get your snap." I flashed a smile at her, pulling my phone out from my pocket.

She held her hand out in a stopping motion, "I'm good love." She looked away taking a sip from the drink in her hand.

"You good?" I repeated her words in confusion.

"That's what I said, ain't it?"

Nah, I don't like that.

I scoffed, "Whatever bro, you just a hoodrat anyway."

"Say it again white boy. I'll show you hoodrat." She moved so that she was closer to me.

"Aye chill out Yasmin." Jayo tried to move over to us but Kenya stopped him.

"Nah he wanna be disrespectful, so let Yasmin get disrespectful too." She clapped through the syllables of the phrase.

I looked down at the girl in front of me. "Hoodra-" before I could even get it out her fist flew connecting with my jaw. For such a small ass first, her hit came in at about the strength of grown man. Ion hit girls but I ain't even think that hit classified her as one.

"Damn." I grabbed a hold of my jaw, looking down at her in shock. The people around us was looking at her crazy too.

She threw her hand up for another blow but the dude by her, pulled her back, "Chill out Yas, they not about that over here."

"Maybe I'm a hoodrat but at least I ain't a bitch like you." she spat before turning her heel and making her way out the door, with the rest of em trailing right behind her.

"My bad bro." Jayo said to me before leaving, sympathy laced in his voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 727 19
𝕂𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕒 𝕂𝕪𝕣𝕒 𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕝𝕠'𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝟟, 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕖𝕧�...
157K 2.6K 37
"you act as if I don't have feelings for you." "cause you never said anything bout it." ((Things happen fast in this book sometimes but there will be...
258K 4.9K 57
A LaMelo Ball Story 🏀🦋
83.9K 1.4K 49
"I guess I'll see you off court then."