Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 11

16.8K 789 84
By PreyDelaCruz

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER ELEVEN

*Stefan’s POV*

I don't know what has gotten into me to ask Silver that question. Maybe because, I wanted to witness his reaction. Or maybe because, mainly, I wanted to know more about him. I don't know but, Silver intrigued me the most, especially when he used to me that commanding voice earlier. And I was a hundred percent sure it was one.

I was always a person that prioritized my curiosity over my safety. Once my curiosity over something hyped up, I would risk anything just to satisfy my, I guess, hunger. And I was saying this because I knew that this time, I won't get away with this without a punishment.

Silver seemed so… different; scary different. Like he held a power within him that even he himself didn’t know. Just like how he was not submissive just to our Alpha; his mate, Hunter. He even slapped him, for Christ’s sake! He shouted at Hunter angrily and he got away with it unscarred. Last night during their intercourse – yes, we heard them loud and clear – Hunter let Silver dominate him even if it was just for a short while. Did you think that was comprehensible? Not to me.

Another thing was, someone who was not affected to how cold the wind AND the water was, was not considered normal. I mean, just look at him now. He was here beside me, shirtless when I was shivering even with a jacket on. He was dipping his legs in the lake when this specific lake was forever cold! I was not even aware that fishes were able to survive here!

One more thing, whenever I was near him, Hunter was having a hard time reaching my thoughts. It seemed like Silver had an invisible wall around him that stops us from getting too near him. I didn't know Alpha’s case on that, but still.

So maybe, that’s what led me to ask him that. To push his buttons? To see him angry? To see even a slight glimpse of his vulnerable state? Out of all the questions I could ask him to do that, I think that was the best one to find something… interesting. Interesting enough to worth my punishment when Hunter found this out.

Silver cut my train of thoughts with his laughter. It was contagious, but I was able to hide my emotions well enough for my own good. His laughter sounded so careless, like he really had no care for the world –duh. Like he will laugh as much as he wanted just because he wanted to.

And then he stopped. I was quite taken aback by his sudden change of… personality.

“What. The. Fuck?” he spat. I probably should take back my question by now, apologize, and quickly change the topic.

I didn’t.

Instead, I repeated the question. “What would you do if Hunter cheat on you over a girl?” Deep inside me I was starting to tremble and about to pee my pants by the look he was giving me.

Just then he smiled. Did he have multiple personalities or something? “What made you think of that, Stefan?” he asked. “He won't do that. I know it, and I trust him.” Of course Alpha wouldn't. Cheating on him practically meant suicide in his part. “So I don’t have to think of what will happen if he does that, because he wouldn’t. He will NEVER. Cheat. On me. Especially. For. A. Fucking. GIRL!” I flinched with his last words. His voice was getting angrier with the thought. Maybe I should stop what I was doing before it was too late?

No. Not yet. Just a little bit more.

I nervously smiled. “I mean, just think of it? Like, imagine it? What would you do? What would you say? How would you deal with it? Silver—“

I was cut off when he abruptly stood up. I almost yelped in fear if he didn’t look like he was in deep thought. I mentally sighed in relief.

“Hmm… Hunter? Cheating? Heh…” He closed his eyes and tilted his head to the side while rubbing his chin. “What you are implying, I believe, will never happen. But… if ever…” When he began trailing off, I quietly stood up and studied him for every reaction he will show. “If ever… he…”

This time, he went silent for a long time. Even every living thing around us seemed to stop as well. His hands were now down his sides, eyes still closed, and head still tilted. When he chuckled… he didn’t sound the least bit happy.

A smile crept up his face. But I knew it was not meant as how it looked. “Stefan?” He called my name so softly and sweetly.

I flinched, my body began shaking. He's using that voice again! “Y-Yes, Silver?”

Just a little bit more, right? Everything’s okay… everything’s going to be—

“Where’s Hunter?”

I laughed tensely, again. “He went hunting with the pack—“

“With the pack? As in with everyone?” His voice was still the same, but it was crawling up my skin. He was now facing the lake, standing on the very edge of the bridge, with his hands clasped together behind him so I cannot see what his face looked like right now. As much as I wanted to see his face, there was no way I could stand on the water. Let alone turn him around. Even if he considered me as a friend, I was too scared to touch him now. Call me a wimp, but try being in my situation while you're at it.

I nodded even though he won't see it. “Yes, o-of course—“

“By everyone, that means there will be girls there, too… right?” Now his voice was starting to change.

Game over. I think it’s about time to stop this. I was having a very bad feeling about this.

I took a deep breath and braced myself. “That’s right, S-Silver.” Shit. “I'm sorry I asked you that bullock of a question. Let’s just forget it and enjoy the lake, yeah? Or maybe let’s just go home? The pack should be on their way back by now.”

He clicked his tongue, every click felt like a stab to my heart. “Stefan, Stefan, Stefan. Are you, by any chance, trying to change the topic so I won't get upset? Aww, how sweet of you. I know you'll be such a great friend.” Damn, that hit me so well. Now the guilt was eating my insides.

“I'm sorry! Forget I asked you about that, okay? Let’s go. We both know Alpha will never cheat—“

He turned around and I think I jumped ten meters high. “DON’T GIVE ME THAT BULLSHIT!” His voice wasn’t sweet anymore. He was not smiling anymore. He was…

He was not Silver anymore.

That’s when I noticed more of the changes in him.

He was talking under a growl. He was breathing hard. His eyes were still closed but now I was having a feeling that I wouldn’t wish him to open them. His hair looked slightly lighter than its usual chocolate brown. And the most obvious change…

New marks were present on his skin. Starting from his wrists up to half of his forearms were lines that seemed to be tracing his veins. The same was in his head, starting behind his ears crawling at the side of his face up to his eyes.

He screamed, growled so loud that my inner wolf began whimpering. See what I was talking about? This was too much. He's not normal. He wasn’t completely human.

“I REPEAT, STEFAN, WHERE IS HUNTER?” he asked, more like demanded.

“I-I-I… I'M SORRY, SILVER!” I bit my lip and prepared myself in getting hit for raising my voice like that.

Suddenly, his voice sounded so little and concerned. “Sorry? Why would you be sorry, Stefan?” He stepped closer to me and I couldn’t help but flinch.

He reached out a hand since he cannot see me. His eyes were still closed… good grief. What have I done?! I stepped backwards.

He started to panic when he didn’t reach me. “Stefan?! Stefan, where are you?! Stefan!” He turned his head in every direction, searching for me. But of course he wouldn't see me without him opening his eyes, unless he can see with his eyes closed. Yet again if he can, he would know that I was just right in front of him. “FINE! LEAVE ME, TOO! JUST LIKE HUNTER! JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! WHO SAID I NEED ANYONE?! YOU'RE ALL BETTER BE DEAD!” He began laughing like a mad person. That’s when I dragged my feet back to the bank. That’s when I knew I had to get away from him; that I needed to find Hunter. “ARE YOU THE ONE RUNNING, STEFAN?! HAHAHAHAHA! THAT’S RIGHT, MY FRIEND! RUN AWAY FROM ME! GO GET HUNTER! GET EVERYONE AND DO ME THE FAVOR OF GATHERING THEM ALL! SO I COULD KILL YOU ALL AT ONCE! HAHAHAHAHA!”

I was just a few steps away from him when the bridge started shaking. My eyes went wide. Completely turning around, I ran when the bridge crumbled into pieces starting from the edge where he was standing. I didn’t chance a look at him because the bridge was disintegrating too fast. I didn’t want to fall to the water and get wet, no matter how pathetic that sounded.

I would get wet if I was a second later before I set foot on the bank. He was still laughing like there's no tomorrow, only now it sounded more murderous. I stumbled off my feet and fell to the ground when the wind blew so strong.

I looked up and saw Silver floating in the middle of the lake, a whirl of wind surrounding him. The water in the lake was wild and seemed to be surrounding him protectively as well.

I ran.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 570 16
'If you go down to the woods today...' Red is being watched by wolf eyes, but does the beast even know who he's f*cking with? A MewGulf reworking of...
12.4K 1.2K 40
the forest is an odd place.. ♕ [ warning: this story may contain potentially 'triggering' things. you have been warned. ]
7.6K 519 52
In a world where supernatural beings and those who hunt them exist, one young werewolf discovers that he is destined to end up with the hunter. Sudde...
423 70 70
" One advanced, then two. Soon I was running from five of them. My legs ached as branches lashed and scratched my cheeks. They were gaining as the st...