The Boss

By BlackedSheeps

Katrin Dane, wealthy, billionaire, sophisticated, sexy, single and lonely at 37. Kris Smith, hardworking, si... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Thank you!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 33

42K 1.5K 952
By BlackedSheeps

Katrin's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling like crap, my body hurts, my head and throat hurts from all the crying I have done. Looking to my side, the pillow looks like it wasn't touched, Kris didn't go home? 

I reach for my phone and started calling her number but it was unreachable. Where could she be? I dialed Angela's number.

"Hello?" she answered on the first ring.

"Angela hi! did Kris sleep at yours last night?" I ask.

"No, why? did something happen? did you two fight or something? I thought she's still out of the country working" she asked getting worried.

"No, nothing happened. She arrived yesterday and we had a little disagreement. Maybe she just went somewhere to cool down" I said trying to calm both of us.

"Okay, I hope you two talk and fix whatever it is that you're having problems with for the kids' sake. I'll try calling her and I'll get back to you when she talks to me. Okay, Kat?" she said with a calm but concern voice.

"Okay Angela, Thanks" we hanged up after that.

I'm really worried for Kris, I keep on calling her but it's, all the same, did she really turn her phone off? Maybe something happened to her and she might be in danger? or worst maybe someone ambushed her and left her somewhere to bleed. All these thoughts running around my head makes me agitated even more.

I stared at myself in the mirror and saw how puffy and red my eyes are, looking down at Kris shirt that I'm wearing makes me all sad and guilty for everything that I have done. Kris doesn't deserve any of this.

I was lost and insecure, there are so many women that want and craves for Kris' attention I was afraid that she might wake up one morning and say she doesn't love me anymore. The ten year age gap added more to the already brewing insecurity that I have and the distance between us just made everything crumble.

I love Kris with every fiber in me, and I'm 100% sure I'm in love with her. I was just not myself when I acted the way I did. I know I couldn't justify my flaws and my wrongdoing but I just wanted someone anyone at the moment and that's the biggest mistake I have ever done. How I wish I didn't act on it and just waited.

I wipe the tears that were falling, I didn't even know I was crying, I tried fixing myself and took a bath to calm my nerves and clear my mind. I'm in pain and I feel like shit maybe because I am a shit. God, I hope I can fix this and we can all go back to what we were before all of this.

Walking downstairs I could immediately feel Terry's sharp glare on me and it's making me uncomfortable. The kids are eating their breakfast together with my father and Terry.

"Good morning babies!" I tried acting cheerful for my kids.

"Good morning Mommy!" Andy replied being his cheerful self while Anne just blabbers and wag her hand around. I kiss both of their heads before settling on my chair. 

"Good Morning Dad, Terry" I said to them Dad nods while Terry simply didn't acknowledge me.

"Mommy when is Daddy coming home?" Andy asks as he swallows some pancakes.

"Soon baby" I answered short.

"I miss Daddy" Andy said with a pout making me feel the guiltierthann I already am.

"Daddy!" Anne said crying. Terry came to her and pulled her of the high chair and cradle her close.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, how about after breakfast we go and bring Andy to school with little Anne? Wanna do that?" Terry asks my daughter while tickling her little chin making her giggle adorably.

"Anndy School!" Anne shouted while  shaking her head up and down.

"Come on you two better eat fast or Andy will be late for school" My father said making Andy shove more food on his mouth while Anne copies her big brother.

"Careful, you might choke" I said to the two.

"Done" Andy said raising his arms.

"Done, Done!" Anne followed.

"Okay, have fun in school Andy bear, Anne, please behave" I said to them as I kiss their cheeks and Terry whisks them out.

"You know at the end of the day your kids will suffer the most from the decisions you made and will make in the future." My father said without looking at me as he read the morning paper.

"I know Dad, I acted on my stupidy and greediness that I forget about the kids and the family. My insecurities got the best of me and so as the loneliness I was feeling" I said while poking my food.

"You know pumpkin flaws are normal, we're not created perfectly everyone has always something bad about them but what your reasons will never justify the actions you committed." my dad said looking at me with disappointment in his eyes.

"I know dad and I'm not justifying myself, I 'm just explaining my unreasonable reason for doing that and how stupid and a bitch I am for doing this to the family" I said looking down

"I hope you can fix this not only for yourself but for my grandkids" My dad said calming down while I just nod,

"She was always thinking of you and the kids, wherever she goes or no matter what she does she will always say a little prayer for yours and the kids' safety and peace of mind. You know I was never a praying kind of person but whenever Kris sees a church she will always go inside and when I ask him what she prays for, she would answer 'Katrin's and the kids well being'" Dad began to say.

"I lost count of how many churches we entered. I think I visited more church with her than I had in my entire life before I met her" he said laughing while I keep sinking on my chair.

"I know we also have some things that we had hidden from you but we were thinking the best for everyone. The company was losing money mainly in the London branch and Kris knows some people who can help with the problem. Everything is solved for now but we still don't know who the culprit is and we're hoping to find them soon before they attack again" Dad continued and stand form his chair walking close to me.

"Katrin I raise you to be the best at everything but also to be a good person. Now it's your turn to do the right decision. I hope you will never disappoint me especially your kids." Dad whispered while hugging me. He kissed my cheek and then walked out.

I was left feeling like I'm being choked from all the guilt I'm feeling. I hope I can still fix this, for me, for my family and my kids.

I went to work still trying to reach Kris but she's still unreachable. I tried concentrating on work while Terry continued giving me the cold shoulder. I give work all my attention and went home when the night is eating the sun I tried contacting Kris again but it was useless. I cried myself to sleep thinking and wishing Kris comes back home to me.

The next day I woke up later than usual, my father was on the phone talking to someone. I couldn't hear what he was saying so I settled myself on the table and tried eating something, I feel weak from my everyday crying and I still couldn't reach Kris.

"Good afternoon sweetheart, you woke up late. Good thing it's the weekend" Dad said kissing my head and sit his self on the chair.

"Sorry dad" my short reply.

"It's okay pumpkin, Oh! by the way I've contacted Kris an--" I din't let him finish.

"Really? Where is she? is she okay? is she coming home now?" I fired questions after questions excited at the same time freaking out that Kris finally talked to someone.

"Calm down honey, she told me she was okay and that she will need some time to clear her head from everything and I'm 100% okay with that. Kris needs some time for herself and maybe when she's well enough she'll come back and you two could talk" dad said squeezing my hands.

"I miss her dad, I don't think I could live another day without seeing her" I said tearing up.

"Honey, we have to give Kris some space. We couldn't resolve anything now considering all our emotions are running wild. You two have to talk when everything is calm and both of you had enough rest to be able to make reasonable decisions." my dad continued to say.

"I want her back" I said my tears falling.

"She will be back Honey, she needs to for the kids. Now eat" dad said encouraging me.

After forcing myself to eat I decided to lounge around the living room and read. I didn't know how long I was reading until Angela came and I told her to sit.

"Hello Angela, it's nice to see you but what are you doing here?" I ask. Did Kris told her mother?

"I'm here to get Andy. Kris called this morning and told me to take Andy and let him stay with us since she's still traveling somewhere. She thinks you have enough on your plate with work and a 1-year-old and since Andy's school is nearer to us" she explained.

"I think I can handle everything just fine Angela," I said forcing myself to look braver.

"Honey I know something is wrong between you and Kris and I don't want to be one of those inlaws who like snooping on your marital problems but I think it's best that I'll take Andy for now so you can rest and think for the best" she said hugging me.

"Thank you Angela" I said hugging her back while accepting defeat.

Andy and Angela went on their way and I was left alone with the feeling of guilt, embarrassment, and disappointment eating me up. I promise to do anything on my power to bring everything back to where it was, I will have the family I build with Kris and I'll give everything to fix this...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 453K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
3.5K 142 30
When University student Kim Jennie who is an aspiring Journalist with a mysterious past meets CEO multi-billionaire Lisa Manoban who's story isn't as...
80.2K 2K 11
An encounter that changed everything... Lionel Smith, a 27 year old woman who is a PWD and an Intersex. She is the most richest woman in America. She...
16.8K 211 10
Like all the other wolves, Maura found her Mate on her 18th birthday. But finding her Mate came with it's own problem... One of the characters is Int...