Enchanted By: Mariah Soleta

Da BellaDanielFermua

Alexa Daniels, a girl who has been bullied her whole life, knows something isn't going to be right this year... Altro

Chapter 1- Alex
Chapter 2- Alex
Chapter 3-Alex
Chapter 4-Adam
Chapter 5- Alex
Chapter 6-Alex
Chapter 8-Adam
Chapter 9-Alex
Chapter 10- Alex
Chapter 11- Alex
Chapter 12- Alex
Chapter 13-Adam
Chapter 14-Alex
Chapter 15-Alex
Chapter 16-Alex
Chapter 17-Alex
Chapter 18-Alex

Chapter 7-Alex

95 4 1
Da BellaDanielFermua

   We sat under the tree in silence, just looking at each other.  Adam kept his eyes on mine, and I did the same thing with him.  As we sit lost in our on little worlds, the bell rings and we're jolted out of our daydreams.  We both jump and Adam abrubtly stands up and extends his hand to me.  I take it gratefully and he helps me get up.  He tells me he has history and the smile that was on my face moments ago, disappears.

   Adam sees my glum face and tells me sadly, "Hey, don't be sad.  We just have two more classes and then school's done.  We can be together then, ok?"  I nod glumly and we depart unwillingly.  I start walking to my locker and I'm about halfway there but I'm blindsided by a blow on my left side.

   "Oof!"  I back into the wall for support and look at my attacker.  "Anna?" I exclaim.

   "What?  Where were you?  I tried looking for you and I couldn't find you anywhere."  She tells me rapidly.

   "I was outside eating lunch with Adam."  I tell her, smiling when I say Adam's name.

   "Who's Adam?  Oh, well it doesn't matter.  We're going to be late for class."  She grabs my arm and pulls me to my locker.  What has her panties in a twist?  I'm about to ask her but the bell rings and she disappears down the hallway.

   I grab my art book then shut my locker door.  I walk down the almost deserted hallway, getting more and more nervous by each passing second.  Why, you ask?  Because Ian could be behind any corner, waiting for me to come so he can pounce and kill me.

   I start to walk faster and round the corner to the art room.  I walk through the doorway and breathe a sigh of relief.  Maybe I'm just paranoid.  Ms. Pilsbury walks in and asks us to take our seats, so I seat myself down in a random desk, only to find it's in front of none other than Ian.

   Instead of letting myself get distracted by the monster behind me, I try focusing on Ms. Pilsbury instead.  But the fact that Ian is sitting behind me sends shivers down my spine and makes my skin crawl.  I feel a tapping on my shoulder and think to myself, speak of the devil.  I try not to grimace as I turn around and I only partly succeed.  In front of my eyes is Ian extending a piece of paper towards me.  I catiously take it, making sure not to touch his hand in the process, and I open it.

   "Why are you ignoring me?"  I see in chicken scratch writing.  I cannot believe how stupid he is!  Does he not remember attacking me the night before?  Even a jerk like him would remember that.

   I scoff loudly, causing everyone to turn in their seats and look at me.  I put my head down and write, "Oh, I don't know....maybe because you attacked me the night before, Ian!"   I quickly and quietly fold the note under my desk then I pretend to itch my neck so I can hand him the note.  I kick his shin hard and I hear a loud grunt.  I smile to myself satisfied and focus on Ms. Pilsbury again.

   She tells us to turn to page 34 and tells us to read the page to ourselves.  I'm not even a sentence in before I feel another tap on my shoulder.  I "itch my neck" again and take the note.  I open it, then look down to see what it says. 

   "Well vampire boy should've stayed away.  I warned him....maybe he should learn to not take what isn't his."  After reading his words, a chill comes upon me but the chill is soon replaced by fiery hot anger.

   "I'm not yours, Ian.  I don't belong to anyone for that matter...(except Adam)."  I add to make him furious.  "I'm not a toy that you can claim as yours.  I love Adam with all of my soul and nothing will ever change that.  Maybe you might have what we have one day.  But you will never know if you don't let me go.  Maybe your "someone" is around the corner."  I fold the note and decide I'll keep it until after class. 

   I continue my reading and I'm not interuppted for the rest of the class period.  Ms. Pilsbury dissmisses class five minutes before the bell rings and I panic.  Any other time would've been fine and dandy but now it's scary and sad.  Now that I'm alone, without Adam, what do I do?  What if Ian takes my words the wrong way?  If I just act like nothing's wrong, I can get by.  I gather my stuff in my arms then head towards the opposite end of school, where our lockers are located. 

   Another thought pops into my head as I pass the history classroom and I stop in my tracks.  "Should I wait for him or do I just walk away?"   I decide on the latter and walk away.  I've already made a reputation for myself by having my boyfriend stick up for me but I can't help it.  Boyfriend.... I smile and sigh, I know it sounds like a cliche, but I can't help it.  You tend to do weird things when you're in love.  I blush at those words not fully grasping the whole concept of "us". 

   Many people might think that dating your best friend would be extremely uncomfortable and I can see where they would get that from.  It isn't like that with us though.  No, this is wonderful and amazing.  To be with someone who understands me so well, who knows me on the inside as well as the outside just makes everything easier.  The thought of him loving him as much as I love him isn't uncomfortable or awkward at all. 

The smile sticks to my face as I near my locker and out my things away.  The bell rings and seeing a shadow, I instantly think it's Adam.  No such luck, though.  I turn around and come face to chest with Ian.  I groan loudly then back away so my back hits the wall.  "What do you want, Ian?"  I ask, already knowing the answer.

   "I want you, but seeing as that won't happen, I'll settle for the note."  He says smirking evily.  That smirk must be his trademark look, that's how often he does it.  I grab the note and shove it into his chest.

   "Here you go, Ian."  I say stubbornly, "Take it and leave me alone!"  With that, I quickley walk away towards the band room.  I grab my flute and put it together, all while trying to find my spot in the seating arrangement.  I finally manage to do it all and I maneuver my way through the rows.  I practice my scales and look around for anyone I might know.

   No one that I know has entered the room so I sit quietly, waiting for class to start.  Mr. Brusner, the band insructer, walks in and harshly tells us to be quiet.  Mr. Brusner starts barking instructions to a couple of trumpet players to hand out music.  They meekly get up and shuffle towards him.  He yells at them to hurry up and I roll my eyes, annoyed that he thinks so highly of himself and no one else.

   Mr. Brusner is one of those gray-haired, tall, and mean teachers that intimidates anyone.  He also has eyes like a hawk and says with forced politeness, "Perhaps Ms. Daniels here would like to demonstrate the B flat scale."  He finishes it with a smirk.

   I'm about to swallow a gulp but then I think of something.  "Show him you aren't scared of him.  Don't let him see you vulnerable."  I agree with myself and I stand up abrubtly and defiantly.  "Fine."  I say with a smile, knowing I surprised him and the rest of the class as well.  I play the scale like a breeze and before I know it, I'm already in my seat, looking at new sheet music.  I glance at him and he narrows his eyes at me then moves on to his next victim. 

   I let out the breath I didn't realize I had been holding and wondered, "Where did that come from? I am never ever that defiant."  I think about it, drowning out the sounds of the squeaky clarinet behind me, and brush it away as nothing.  "I'm probably just stressed out....yeah that's it.  I'm stressed out enough to cause defiant behavior."  That didn't sound reasonable but I didn't care, I needed an excuse for myself. 

   Mr. Brusner walks to the front of the classroom and gruffly clears his throat.  Everyone's eyes snap to meet his, including mine.  The old feelings of intimidation and fear return, leaving my brave streak in the dust.  He starts glaring at a particular spot in the room and I realize it's a girl.  The girl is curvier with nice shoulder-length black hair and cute tortise-shell glasses.  She meets his hateful glare and her face turns beet red.  He smirks triumphantly, as if he just won an award for being "Meanest Person on the Face of the Planet" and my bold, brave feelings come back.

   "Excuse me, but could you try to be nice for once in your pathetic life?" I ask with a pointed look.  His eyes widen in surprise as does everyone else's in the room.  His weasly face turns cherry red and he starts sputtering.  He finally gets his act togtether and says with a finger pointed at me:

   "Office.  Now."  I slowly stand up weave my way back through the rows.  I leave the room and groan loudly then walk to the office.  It's only my second day of school and I've already gotten detention.  Oh yeah, won't my parents be overjoyed?  They'll probably understand me if I'm lucky.  Ashley had Mr. Brusner and let's just say that by the second week she switched classes.  It was that bad. 

   I stop in front of the office doors and take a deep breath to calm my nerves.  I open the door and take a seat next to a guy with shaggy black hair and a few piercings.  No doubt Mr. Brusner already called the office.  My hypothesis was indeed correct because I got called in less than a minute later.  I stand up and the guy with the piercings lets out a sigh of exasperation.  He must've been waiting a while.  The softer, more compassionate side of me takes over and I turn over my shoulder to give him an apoligetic glance and I softly say, "Sorry."

   He snaps his head up, surprised I said something and I hurry into the principal's office.  I quietly shut the door and turn to see Ms. Hope standing, giving me a small smile.  She extends her hand and points to a chair seated in front of her desk.  I sit in it and take a good look at her.  She's older maybe mid fifties or early sixties with soft white hair piled into a loose bun on the top of her head.  All of these are paired with a set of blue, all-knowing eyes.  Strangely, she reminded me of my grandma. 

   I sit there, playing with an imaginary string on my shirt and she delicatly clears her throat.  I look up and she smiles warmly at me.  "You aren't going to be in trouble, Alex.  I know why you did what you did."  I glance at her in surprise and she laughs.  "Mr. Brusner isn't nice to anyone, espcially his boss!"  Her laugh was infectious so I joined in too.  We sat there for a while before she excused me from the office.  I walked down the hall and thought to myself, "Maybe high school isn't that bad."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

12.1K 411 38
Scarlett violet Morgan is just a regular normal teenage girl well that what she thinks. Scarlett is currently a full time college student. She enjoys...
115 7 12
Alexa has a job to do a destiny. Will she follow it even if she ends up hurting the ones she loves the most? When her super powers come from an...
124K 3.2K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
248 Days Da MyriamRow

Storie d'amore

177 50 38
When the return of her forgotten childhood best friend reveals her parents' true identity, Alexa Adams is gut-wrenched. Orphan status added to her am...