The Ritual To The Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

Emery Aiken has always lived in a mysterious and eerie village. Growing up with folktales about a fictitious... More

Copyright/Description/Book Cover
Chapter 1: Finding The Dress
Chapter 2: Forest Strangers
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Special Wolf
Chapter 5: Where am I?
Chapter 6: Out of The Woods
Chapter 7: Jumping Through Windows
Chapter 7.5: Thane
Chapter 8: Speedy Recovery
Chapter 9: Mission Runaway
Chapter 10: Marry Me
Chapter 10.5: Thane
Chapter 11: Wolf Tales
Chapter 12: What Are You?
Chapter 13: Panic Attack
Chapter 14: Werewolfing 101
Chapter 15: Family Time
Chapter 16: The Crypt
Chapter 17: Heart On Fire
Chapter 19: Homesick
Chapter 20: Fist Fight
Chapter 21: Exiled
Chapter 22: House Hunting
Chapter 23: Impending Doom
Chapter 24: Alphas and Mates
Chapter 25: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 26: Confessions
Chapter 27: I Love You Always
Chapter 28: Secrets
Chapter 29: The Beast
Chapter 30: Alpha's Orders
Chapter 31: Heartbroken
Chapter 32: Little Warrior
Chapter 33: Dead Wolf
Chapter 34: Battlefield and Bodies
Chapter 35: Save Him
Chapter 36: Dead or Alive
Chapter 37: Paying His Debt
Chapter 38: Blood Moon Pack
Epilogue
Sequel
Bonus Chapter: Christmas
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
A/N: Copyright Infringement
STOLEN (RESOLVED)

Chapter 18: Healing Hands

125K 3.4K 914
By 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 18

The pounding inside my mind persisted as it woke me up from a delightful slumber. Opening my eyes I was suddenly blinded by the sun and its awful rays.

"Morning sunshine, or should I say good afternoon?" A melody of a voice traveled over to me.

"I'll shove that sunshine so far up your ass if you don't shut up." I gently opened my eyes to see the source of the voice and was shocked to see Thane sitting in the corner of the room near the fireplace. I sat up so fast that the pounding increased which made my headache worse.

"Hey." I mumbled meekly as he got up from his position where he was reading through a few pages with a laptop set on the coffee table.

I then realized that I was in his bed which I didn't remember getting into.

"Did you move me here?" I asked with a fiery blush as I recalled last night when he brushed my hair and took care of me.

He nodded his head in acknowledgment with a small smile playing on his lips.

I simply nodded at him. "My head hurts," I whined as I held my throbbing head.

Thane remained silent and just sat there staring at me. "Are you alright?" I asked worriedly.

He full out grinned then, "You said shut up unless I wanted the sunshine where the sun doesn't shine and quite frankly that doesn't sound too appealing..." He trailed off chuckling.

I laughed despite my headache, "You know what I mean."

He took a seat next to me and moved a stay strand of my hair out of my face while grabbing a glass of some kind of green liquid and putting it near my lips urging to me drink it.

I made a face at the smell of horrid concoction. "Come on drink up we have a fun day ahead of us."

"Should I be alarmed that you're giving me a weird liquid to drink?" I raised my eyebrows.

He shrugged, "May I'm trying to poison you.... or maybe not."

I glared at him as he had playfully smile of his face, "Knew you only wanted me dead..."

Suddenly Thane placed an arm around my waist and pulled my body closer to his so that I could feel his warm breath fanning across my face.

"If I wanted you dead love I would've done it by now. With that being said, if you ever talk about your death again, I'd have to punish you." He seductively whispered.

I felt a sweet chill ran through my body before I grabbed the glass from his hand and turned my gaze away from his as my face heated up.

I pinched my nose to not inhale the pungent scent and gulped it down while trying not to puke it back out.

When I was done I rest the empty glass far away from me and grimaced at the after taste, "That was terrible?"

Thane's body shook with laughter as he cupped my cheeks and turned my face back his, "I'm sorry but you decided to sit out in the rain and I couldn't risk you getting sick for our first date."

I wanted to argue back with him but I didn't want to rehash our argument from yesterday since we already reconciled.

"Thank you. And what was the anyways?" I gestured at the empty glass.

"Just a little creation." He said as he placed a kiss on my temple. "Now why don't you get ready while I finish up my work." He looked at the sofa where all the papers were scattered.

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked in confused.

"It's a surprise." He chuckled.

"Are you going to stand me up again?" I timidly asked.

He kissed my nose before he promised, "Never."

Somehow I knew he was telling the truth and it brought relief to me as he quickly gathered his papers and laptop and dashed out of the room.

After scrubbing the grime off my body with a fresh shower I felt alive and nervous for our date.

Wrapped in my towel and standing in Thane's closet I looked at the plethora of clothing, some of which miraculously appeared within the past few days which I knew was Thane's doing. He did have good taste I guess but I didn't know what to wear since I didn't know where we were going.

He didn't strike me as the dinner date type of guy and neither was he a cinema kind...not that this outlandish town had a theater anyways, or maybe it did. Then again I barely knew him. If i wore a dress it may be too formal and if I wear a jeans it maybe too casual. What do people see in surprise dates anyways? What was supposed to be a romantic gesture just had me in a demented state.

"Thane?" I found myself calling before I could think twice about it.

Peaking my head out the closet door I saw him rushing in, "You okay?" He stopped when he saw me.

"I uhh... what should I wear?" I hesitantly asked.

With a smile he responded, "Something comfortable and warm since outside is a bit chilly."

"Thanks." I closed the door and locked it without another word as I got to work on finding a suitable outfit.

Within minutes I threw on a pair of dark washed out jeans, a red and white plaid shirt with a light gray sweater on top and a pair of brown booties. Checking the full length mirror for the hundredth time to ensure my rustic look was both cute yet appropriate for the date I grabbed a pair of earrings and walked out the closet to brush out my hair.

As I was exiting the walk in closet I walked straight into Thane who was covered in only a towel as he walked out of the bathroom. He stopped and looked me up and down... then looked at me again with a stupefied look on his face.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I joked with a cool faced while on the inside I was hyperventilating.

"Sweetheart, you look... wow." I could tell he was speechless from the look he was giving me and his lack of words. "You look beautiful, for a lack of a better word." He decidedly finished.

Blushing I thanked him as my gaze wandered over his perfectly toned and chisel body. Thane put Michelangelo's David to shame. His eight pack abs glistened with the water from his fresh shower and his damp hair made him look more alluring than before, if that was even possible.

"Like what you see?" Thane smirked as he ruined the moment. Rolling my eyes I walked around him and found the hairbrush as I proceeded to tame by brown hair by just leaving it in its natural wavy state and then applied some lipstick and mascara.

By the time I was ready Thane was all dressed in a jeans, a dark green sweater layered with a leather brown jacket and a pair of brown leather shoes.

"Ready?" Thane asked as he spotted me.

"As I'll ever be." I replied.

With a smile Thane walked with his hand out and gingerly I took a hold of his outstretched palm and we were on our way to this mysterious date.

As we walked through the back doors of the pack house I was surprised since I expected Thane to lead me to his jeep or one of his many cars but instead he walked us through the backyard garden and into the forest with our hands linked together.

"Thane where are we going?" I asked with excitement and a bit of trepidation. I trusted Thane so I wasn't fearful but I was nervous since this was the first day of our forever. No matter how horrible of a date Thane planned I knew I would enjoy myself just because I had him.

"I told you it's a surprise." He said nervously and I knew he was just as anxious as myself.

Giving his hand a reassuring squeeze I said, "I'm going to love it no matter what. Thank you for doing this."

Peering down at me with a loving gaze he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, "I would do anything for you." The sincerity and honesty in his eyes at that moment told me that he wasn't lying. After getting to know Thane for the past few weeks, wolf or man, I knew I was here for a reason and whether that was for a greater purpose or for just being here for Thane, it no longer bothered me because no matter how much I tried to deny it, the force pulling us together was larger and more powerful than anything I've ever felt and I knew I was falling fast and hard and the only thing there to catch me at the bottom was Thane with his arms opened wide. So then and there, where it was just the two of us with nothing but the peaceful nature surrounding us I decided to jump and take the leap of faith as I soared down into Thane's waiting arms.

Somehow trying to convey this message to Thane without words I gazed at him with admiration and when he saw me, his smile was wide and boisterous and it was as if a weight had been lifted off both of our shoulders as I suddenly felt a million times lighter and Thane seemed the most happiest right in that moment since I met him and I wanted to take credit for putting that smile on his face.

So as our relationship shifted without words, we made our way deeper into the luscious green forest hand in hand with the chirping of birds and a cool atmosphere that indicated winter was right around the corner. It wasn't cold to say I would freeze to death but the air did nip at my exposed skin but it felt good, it felt refreshing as if it almost symbolized the renewed start of my life.

With playful banter and flirtatious lines passing between us we crept deeper and deeper into the woods and somehow it felt familiar. I recognized the surrounding path we walked on which may seem impossible considering the entire forest looked exactly the same with miles and miles of trees. I had an inkling of where we were headed but I could've been wrong and I didn't want to ruin Thane's surprise.

Suddenly the familiar trickling of water confirmed my suspicions and a huge grin spread across my face as I knew where we were and I couldn't be happier.

As the sound of water crashing against rocks grew louder, Thane's grip on my hand tighten and I knew he was more anxious than me.

With one final step we were suddenly out of the forest and in the clearing where the magnificent waterfall glimmered in the evening sunlight and castes a beautiful glow on the surrounding area. It was more breathtaking in daylight than it was the first and only time I saw it in the middle of the night.

It was the second time I had met Thane, right after the 'beast' took me. Even though it was close to a month ago it felt like an eternity since I woke up here and met Thane while I tried to warn him about the beast coming back to kill me. Little did I know that the beast was Thane and he is the farthest thing from a monster.

Taking in my surroundings I noticed a blanket set out near the water with a picnic basket and a few candles in tiny jars scattered around the placement. It was perfect because it was Thane and myself's style. No fancy restaurants or expensive reservations. It was just us and the beautiful memories of the place that we were in.

"Do you like it?" Thane nervously asked me before I could move another step in the direction of the picnic set up.

I gaped at him as if he was actually asking that question, "Thane, it's amazing. I don't like it..." I stopped as I grinned as his worried expression, "I love it." I unexpectedly placed a kiss on his cheek and then went over to the food.

As I sat on the blanket I could feel the cool grass and the chill of the water as the wind blew. Turning back to look at Thane, he stood in the exact spot I left him in with a stupefied expression on his face as a huge grin escaped him as he looked over to me.

He hurriedly took the spot on the blanket across from me and started rummaging through the basket. He gently removed everything from the compartment and laid it neatly in between both of us. There were sandwiches, cookies, potato chips, a mixture of fruits and two juice boxes, I couldn't help but laugh of how adorable Thane was and how perfectly he arranged everything.

"For you m'lady." Thane smiled as he handed over a delicious looking sandwich and a juice box.

Unable to help myself I quickly took a bite since I was starving and I didn't know if it was the hunger or Thane's cooking but it was the most delicious slice of bread I had ever eaten. "You need to cook me food more often." I said in between bites as Thane laughed at my antics.

After my second sandwich and about Thane's tenth we laid back on the blanket, staring up the sky as we listened to the movement of the water and sound of the trees rattling in the wind as we peered up at the beautiful clear blue sky.

We had been constantly talking since we sat down and we were now in a comfortable silence.

"How was it growing up here?" I asked as I turned on my side to look at Thane who was already looking at me.

"It was actually the best. The entire pack was one big family so I grew up with everyone. Lucas, Beau and I were mostly together especially since we did most of our training together as kids. My parents were great and my little brothers and sister weren't that bad either." he chuckled at the memories. Thane's little brothers were eight year old twins named Thomas and Teddy and were both mischievous but lovable while his sister, Tate, was sixteen and full of life.

"How long does it take for a werewolf to transform into a wolf?" I asked intrigued.

"Around the age 13 or 14. The first time a wolf transforms is the most torturous experience. You feel all your bones cracking and shifting out of place. By the time you're a teenager the bone structure is already set in place so shifting into a huge wolf tends to be painful especially for a alpha since his wolf is much larger." He grimaced as if remembering the pain so I took a hold of his hand in mine.

"How long have you been the alpha?"

"Since eighteen and I'll be twenty in a few months so almost two years." He responded.

I then asked the question which had been plaguing my mind for a while now, "When I came here you told me that we had to have a baby before the year was up in order to facilitate the blood moon in the next twenty years. If it takes five months to conceive a child w-would we...would we have to, you know what, within the next six months?" I asked anxiously.

He looked at me with understanding and pulled us both into a sitting position and linked our other hands together. "I know it must be difficult to just get thrown into this. First a mate and now a child but there's no rush, we wouldn't do anything you're not ready for." His answer had me looking up to the sky and thanking the lord because while I still wasn't ready for motherhood at least I had more time than if it was a human length pregnancy.

"I can believe we have to have a kid this quickly." I sighed.

"Don't worry I'll be with you every step of the way." He vowed.

"It's not just that Thane, it's the fact that we barely know each other and we're young, we can't have a kid." I tried to explain.

"We may be young but Emery I promise that we have an entire pack to help us out and after that baby is born we can take it slow." He assured.

Sighing in defeat, I knew it was my duty as a Luna and Thane's mate to do this even if I didn't want to but as I looked at Thane and consider my growing feelings for him, maybe it wouldn't be such a terrible thing. Maybe in a few months I would be more prepared to handle that situation.

"I guess I totally ruined the whole first date thing with jumping to baby talk right." I joked to ease the tension.

"Well it sums up our weird relationship I suppose." Thane laughed.

Suddenly Thane pulled us both to our feet and let go of one of my hand so he could retrieve something from the pocket of his jeans. "Thane what are doing?" I laughed at his antics.

He removed a black velvet box from his pocket and gave me a shy smile as he let go of my other hand and opened the box. Inside was the most beautiful and breathtaking necklace I had even seen. The pendent was a gold crescent shape with deep red rubies attached to it which hung from a gold chain which emulated the blood moon from the night of the ritual. It was absolutely stunning.

Without a word Thane took the necklace out of its box and moved behind me as he proceeded to put the necklace on for me. As he moved my hair to the side I felt chills run down my spine from where his fingers touched the back of my neck and lingered a few seconds longer when he was finished. He moved my hair back in place and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before he returned to his spot in front of me.

"What's this for?" I asked as I touched the cool metal that was resting on my chest.

"Just because." He shrugged.

"Thank you, Thane. It's beautiful." Unexpectedly I closed the distance between us and hugged him tightly.

I could tell he was shocked at first because he didn't hugged me back but after a few more seconds his arms came around in a tight yet comfortable grip and I soaked up his body heat.

I felt as if we stayed in that position for hours but it was only a few minutes before I backed away with a huge grin on my face.

"Are you ready?" Thane asked.

"Ready for?" I asked in confusion.

"To take a swim." He grinned as he started to strip.

Covering my eyes I yelled, "Thane what the hell are you doing?" The only answer I got was a chuckle from Thane and the sound of a loud splash.

Peeking through my fingers I saw Thane merrily swimming in the lake where the waterfall was falling into, in just his boxers. Removing my hands from my face I saw his clothes and shoes lying abandoned at my feet and a grinning Thane swimming around in the water.

"Come on." Thane shouted because he swam a few feet away.

"No way am I getting in there." I called back loudly even though I knew he would've heard me even if I spoke normally.

Swimming back towards me where it was shallow he tried to urge me in.

"But it's cold." I mumbled with a frown.

"Scared." He smirked in temptation.

"Scared to die of hypothermia?... Yes!" I yelled.

"I'll keep you warm, come on sweetheart, live a little." He urged me.

Having a mental debate in my head with conflicting emotions I decided to do it. It looked fun and I wanted to go closer to the waterfall since it wasn't that powerful.

"Fine, fine, I'll get in." I raised my hands in defeat even though I was excited to jump in even though the water looked just above freezing.

As Thane turned around I quickly looked around to ensure no one else was lurking in the woods before I removed my shoes, jeans, sweater and shirt. The wind wasn't as cold as before, but it still sent chills running through me.

Looking down at myself I wondered if this is the part where I say I'm glad I wore cute matching underwear. Because if so, unfortunately for me I had on a blue underwear and a pink bra which were not matching nor cute.

Swallowing my fear of embarrassment I quickly tied my hair into a bun and clumsily walked into the water until I was submerged from my shoulders down.

Thane swam to me which I was thankful for because his werewolf body heat kept the water around us warm enough to bear. Thane was my own personal thermostat with such heat that sometimes I would worry that he was sick.

Feeling playful I splashed the water in Thane's face which apparently didn't sit well with him as that started a full on splashing fight. We swam around splashing each other and me pushing Thane straight down in the water multiple times which only ended up with me being dragged under the water as well since he would wrap his arms around me. So much for keeping my hair dry.

As we neared closer to were the water was flowing down into the lake, Thane and I swam closer to each other and until we were suddenly just a few feet away from the pouring water. We stopped directly in front each other and Thane was giving me this weird look. It was as if he wanted me but also he was restraining himself with great strength.

Suddenly it felt like we were the polar opposite sides of two magnets and I was being pulled closer to him with an uncontrollable force.

Without thinking it over and physicing myself out, I leaned into him and wrapped my arms around his neck and instinctively his hands went around me. There wasn't a centimeter between us and his body heat urged me in as I leaned closer to him. I slung my legs around his waist just to be closer to him.

I was the one to initiate it as my lips moved closer to his with just a hair's breadth apart between us. So close I could feel his shallow breathing and the cool minty air escaping his lips.

I looked into his eyes and saw he that he was waiting for me and there was no opposing on his side. Just as I was about to move my lips closer to his, I noticed that he suddenly became very still and his eyes dazed off to the same expression he had whenever he was communicating with another wolf via their minds.

Realizing he was talking to someone else I felt rejected so I removed my arms from around his neck and my legs from his body but even though he seemed to be having a serious conversation, he stopped me from swimming away by tightening his grip around my waist.

I waited and watched as Thane's face turned to absolute horror as he listened to whatever was being said to him and I wanted nothing more than to comfort him so I placed my arms around his shoulders for the second time.

After a few more seconds, his attention snapped back to me and I could tell his conversation was over.

"Are you okay?" I asked as he started moving us back to shore.

"My sister." Was all he said as we broke apart and walked out of the water.

"Thane what happened?" I asked but he kept walking further away. Running up to him and our clothes I grabbed his hand, "Tell me, what happened," I asked again as I saw his grief stricken face.

"Rogues attacked the pack and Tate was there and she got hurt pretty badly. We need to get there now." He rushed forward to our clothes and practically threw my clothes at me.

Not realizing that I would basically freeze to death after going in the water I didn't have a choice but to change back into my clothes with wet skin. Within a few minutes I had my clothes and shoes on but Thane was still undressed.

"I'll transform and I want you to climb onto my back alright? That way we'll get back faster," Thane explained as he neatly folded his clothes and placed it near the forgotten picnic scene. "I'll clean this up later."

Noticing my chattering teeth and trembling body from the harsh wind of the late evening Thane got his abandoned jacket and helped me into it before securing me in his arms so I could warm up. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Are you?" I asked hugging the jacket closer to me and looking at Thane with concern.

Nodding his head without giving his emotions away he said, "I'll be fine but we need to get back now. When I transform all you have to do is get on my back and hold on as tight as possible alright." He cupped my face in his large hands and peered deep within me to ensure I followed his instructions.

Nodding my head in agreement, Thane moved a good few feet away from me and gave me a look of anxiousness before he transformed into his beautiful black furred wolf. Every time he turned into his wolf I was always awestruck and I don't ever think I would get used to it. He wasn't just any beast, he was my beautiful beast.

Wolf Thane bent his paws until he was lying on his stomach so I took it as my cue to climb on. As I walked up to him I realized it was the first time he allowed me to be this close to him and I wasn't going to waste the opportunity as I brushed my hands against his soft fur. He radiated heat and his soft fur was comforting. With a slight trepidation I gently hoisted myself onto his back with my legs swinging of both sides of Thane and I took a hold of his fur since I didn't exactly know where else to hold on to.

He moved his head to the side to see me and he made a low growl in asking if i was ready. "Let's go." Just as I said the words, Thane took off running with a lightening fast pace through the forest. Dodging trees and jumping over large rocks and fallen tree trunks, I felt scared yet exhilarated. I felt like an adrenaline junky but the chattering of my teeth ruined the moment since I was freezing my ass off.

Unable to close my eyes before I missed this beautiful experience, I realized how fast, agile and powerful Thane was. Of course I saw him practice fighting a few times but that was all it ever was, training. But here, now he was a man on a mission and I was glad to have a front row seat to see him in action. Thane wasn't just an incredible man, he was a magnificent wolf and more Herculean than I assumed.

The forest seemed to have all muddled together in a flash of green as we zipped past the tall trees and the few animals that were lurking around but scattered quickly as Thane rushed by. It was like a scene straight out of a high action packed movie.

Not long after we were breaking through the last few trees and sprinting across the garden and directly in front of the back door to the pack house. I quickly got off of Thane before he backed away and transformed back into himself, butt naked.

Lucas, who had a few scratches and blood stains, came rushing out of the house with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt for Thane who quickly shrugged it both on as we all entered the house and walked to the infirmary. Thane and Lucas walked ahead of me since Thane was being filled in on what happened and the casualties from the attack.

Dr. Adler who ran the infirmary was standing outside the door waiting for Thane as we approached.

"Alpha, Luna." The good doctor greeted us.

"How is she?" Thane jumped the gun as he asked about his sister.

I stood next to Thane as I listened to Adler explain Tate's injuries, "She's in a bad condition Alpha. She has a few broken ribs and a few punctured arteries that is causing her to bleed out. We tried to get her into a stable condition but her body isn't able to seal the bleeding arteries since the rogues got her in a few spots. I have some of the pack members applying pressure to her wounds and her super healing has slowed her bleeding but it would only last for another ten minutes at most. There really isn't much we could do but there is one way..." He trailed off before casting a knowing look in my direction.

I racked my brain as I tried to remember if I read anything on cases such as Tate's when I studied biology back in high school but for the life of me I couldn't think of anything and it was moments like these that I really wanted the opportunity to become a doctor. There wasn't much Dr. Adler could do anyways since she was attacked in more that one place.

"Emery?" Thane pulled me out of my reverie and glanced at me with a nervous yet terrified expression on his face.

"Thane I-I don't know what to do but she's going to be alright." I said in an attempt to comfort him because his broken expression broke me.

"Thane you need to hurry." Adler rushed as he walked into the infirmary and as he opened the door I heard the screams of Thane's sister.

Thane's face contorted into a look of pure anguish. "Thane." I pulled him into me in a tight embrace because I didn't know what else to do.

"I need to tell you something and ask you for a favor." Thane quietly mumbled into my neck as his voice cracked.

I pulled away from him only far enough to could cup his face in my hands. "Tell me and I'll do it," I promised.

He seemed to be in an internal battle with himself and I couldn't figure out why. "All Luna's have certain powers," He started off and I was intrigued. "I will explain later but long story short since the death of Ida and the beginning of our pack having a human Luna, the Moon Goddess gifted our Lunas with one of five magical powers since they didn't have the abilities of a werewolf. Those five powers are healing, air manipulation, fire manipulation, plant manipulation and water manipulation. Your power Emery is healing which is one of the many reasons you wanted to become a doctor. The Moon Goddess chose this power for you, which is why when you injured your abdomen in your first week here you healed miraculously fast, also when I gave you that hickey you healed."

His words had all the wires crossed in my brain because his explanation was so brief because of the matter at hand. I took a few seconds to gather and comprehend all that he said.

"So what you're saying is that I having special magical powers? What? How?" I blubbered on.

He grabbed my shoulders in a motion of panic, "I'll tell you everything later, I promise. But you have healing hands whereby if you touch someone you can heal their wound to some extent. All you need to do is hold their hand or touch their wound and concentrate and what you are doing."

Taking in his words I looked up at his desperate expression and knew exactly what he wanted me to do.

Heal his sister.

Not wasting another second I said, "Then what are we waiting for Thane, lets heal your sister." I decided to question this superpower after since Tate didn't have much longer.

Before I could push the door open, Thane grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "What?" I questioned him as I was in a rush to get to his dying sister.

"There's one thing you need to know." He stated as I looked at him in expectation to explain, "Whenever you heal someone you're going to feel their pain Emery. No matter how severe the pain, you're going to feel it since you're using your own strength and transferring it into her and you will be hosting that pain until she heals and you release her. Not just that but it also depletes your energy and drains you. If she isn't healing then I want you to stop before you hurt yourself, okay?" I could see all this taking a told on him.

Even with that revelation I knew what I had to do and what he said certainly wasn't going to stop me. Swallowing the slight growing fear within me I nodded my head in understand and then stalked into the infirmary with only one thing on my mind, healing Tate.

Her screams hit me as soon as I walked in and I saw about six other pack members littered on different cots around the room with various scratches and bruises before I saw Tate lying in the furthest corner of the large white room where a few other pack members congregated around her with her parents trying to comfort her.

Thane was one step behind me as we approached the bed and Dr. Adler gave me a nod to go to Tate as everyone made room for me.

With a newfound courage, I took Tate's hand in my own with a delicate movement because I felt as if I were to move too fast she may break. I looked at Thane for instructions since I had never done this before.

He looked at me with a pain expression and worry written all over his face but if you really looked into his eyes you could see the fear he was hiding. The fear that the Alpha had to always hide, but I could easily detect. I knew this was a horrendous time for him because Tate and Thane were really close. Typical siblings with their random banter but they loved each other deep down.

"Just close your eyes and concentrate on her wounds and giving her some of your body's strength to heal." Thane said softly.

Following instructions, I shut my eyes tight and focused on what I was doing by drowning out Tate's screams and the hushed tones of everyone around. I pictured Tate's wounds and tried to muster my strength into her body. After a minute of continuous concentration Tate's screams still resonated through the room. Opening my eyes I realized that nothing was happening and everyone's eyes were on me as they waited with high expectations.

Looking at Thane in panic he grabbed my shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze, "You've got this Emery, just believe in yourself because I believe in you." He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and with that encouragement I tried again.

Taking Tate's hand in both my own hands this time i closed my eyes and concentrated on my energy transferring through my hands into hers and imagining her wounds healing.

Suddenly it felt as if a wave was crashing through me as Tate's screams died down but her pain resonated through me like setting my insides on fire. Squeezing my lips shut to stifle the pain within me I kept my concentration on Tate as I heard everyone's gasp of surprise and I knew that it was working. Within a few minutes the pain within me died down and left me feeling hollow. Opening my eyes I saw that no one was covering Tate's punctured arteries anymore since she stopped bleeding out and her wounds were all closed up.

"She all healed up Luna." I heard Dr. Adler said to me.

Releasing her hand I stepped away from her body with shaky legs as Tate's eyes closed and her body relaxed. Thane's parents rushed to Tate's side as I suddenly felt light headed and someone caught me before I could go down.

"Emery, are you alright." Thane watched me with a concern and fearful expression.

With a smile and nod of my head he visibly relaxed but I could tell he was still weary of my state. "Go check on your sister." I urged him as I found my footing and pushed him towards Tate.

He was going to argue with me but I gave him a 'don't argue with me' look and he checked me once more to ensure I was fine before he made his way over to his sister who seemed to have begun resting since her body had to regenerate itself from the forced healing.

Still feeling a bit uneasy I made my way out of the infirmary so Thane and his family could have some space.

"Luna." Someone called me before I could exit.

"Dr. Adler?" I said in confusion as I turned and met his proud gaze.

"I just wanted to thank you for what you did just now. It takes a great Luna to have that much courage and strength and I am proud that you are our new Luna." He proclaimed.

"Thank you but it really wasn't me but these strange powers," I looked down at my hands with a new sense of curiosity.

"Now I know that you've always wanted to become a doctor, so now that you know of your capabilities I want you to know that you are welcome here anytime but not to heal anyone unnecessarily because you can burn out quickly from using up your energy. But I do wish you come into the infirmary to learn about doctoring in the pack. I could teach you a lot about the wolves and how they heal." He offered.

Thinking it over, it seemed like the perfect fit for me, "I may just take you up on that offer."

With a happy smile he went on his way to nursing his patients back to health. Before I could walk out I was called back once again but this time by Thane.

"Where are you going?" He asked worriedly as he approached me.

"I just wanted to give you and your family some alone time."

He gave me an astonished look, "Emery this is your family as much as it's mine, you deserve to be her more than we do since you saved Tate. Without you I can't even think about what would have happened.

Pulling me back to where his parents stood and Tate laid sleeping, his parents thanked me more than necessary while Thane gazed at me with such pride that I finally felt as if I was doing a greater good here as the Luna.

As the time went by, Thane and I were both filled in on how the rogues attacked from near the training area just as the wolves were changing their shifts to patrol and about eight of them sneaked in and attacked those who were training which is how they got Tate since she was one of the few members practicing at that time. Lucas and the others attacked and killed seven of the rogues because they couldn't get a handle on them to keep them all alive but the they somehow dominated the last rogue standing and kept him for questioning. No one from our died or was hurt severely except Tate since she was training closest to the forest and the rogues sensed that she was the previous Alpha's daughter so she got it the worse.

Thane's parents left after they were ensured that Tate was out of danger and thanked me about a million more times. Calling it a night Thane and I both head up to our room hand in hand. Excluding the later part of the evening, the day was pretty spectacular with our first date and I suddenly questioned why it took so long for me to feel this way about Thane.

As we reached all the way up to the third floor, Thane pulled me in his arms and I saw the tiredness in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked him after the traumatic experience with his sister.

"I am now." He leaned his head against mine. "Did I tell you how proud I am of you?" He asked.

"Maybe once or twice." I laughed.

"Well I am." He proclaimed. "I am so damn proud that you're my mate Emery. The way you didn't question yourself or denied helping my sister even after I told you about being in pain just shows how much of a great Luna you are. I am beyond happy with what you did and I am so grateful Emery, you have no idea. Thank you."

"I would have done it no matter what. I'm glad Tate's safe now and you don't have to thank me, as you said they're my family too." I grinned.

Thane chuckled at my response but I could tell something was eating at him.

"Thane what's wrong?" I urged.

Sighing he explained, "It's just that I feel horrible."

"What? Why?" I asked exasperated.

"For starters I asked you to go through that pain just for my sister-" I cut him off before he could go any further.

"That was my choice, don't blame yourself."

"Well how about the fact that I mentally blocked the entire pack from communicating with me just so I could be with you alone today?" He questioned.

I don't know what made me do it or why I did it but I instantly smashed my lips onto Thane's in a sudden motion that caught him off guard as he took a few seconds to respond to my moving lips. With sudden urgency our mouths were melded together in a fiery heat as I felt the palpable electricity flow between us as passion burst from our connection. I felt Thane's tongue swiped across my lips as he asked for entrance which I denied at first but granted him after some teasing and then we were in a full on make out session. My hands crept into his soft brown hair and his arms stayed planted around me as they pressed me closer to his body.

Realizing I needed to catch my breath, I gently pulled away and peered into Thane's eyes which were filled with light and glee.

"What was that for." He asked after he caught his breath but still kept me in his arms with my arms around his neck.

"To shut you up." I smiled at his dubious expression.

"I should talk more often then." He smirked.

Rolling my eyes at him he went on to say, "That's actually not how I imagined our first kiss be after such a day."

Deciding to shut him up again I sealed my lips on his and felt his chuckle reverberate through me.

What a day.

A/N:

Ohhh, things got a little PG there ;)

I'm sorry if that kissing scene was a bit cringey, first time writing a scene like that... 😂🙈

Picture of both Emery & Thane's outfit above as well as Emery's necklace is above.

Song: Gabrielle Aplin - Start Of Time

Instagram: 1fandombookgirl

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

If you enjoyed the chapter then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Chapter Update: Wednesday

Read on wolfies 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330 0 122
Valkyrie, 'Val' Tenason, has been told for as long as she can remember that she suffers from schizophrenia like her mother. Her hallucination of choi...
2.6K 89 13
This is the story of Luna Silver, a White wolf and the daughter of the Moon Goddess. What happens after her 17th birthday and first shift when she i...
787K 21.6K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...
18.2K 403 44
~~Third In the Alpha Series~~ ~~Please note this can be read as a stand alone but it is a prequel to the series since it takes place before "The Alph...