Beyond the Deep Water

By IvetteMartinez01

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IMAGINE THIS WORLD. Gods are created by a mighty force, a force to balance the universe... More

Ivette Martinez
Fear
Savior
Courage
Free
Water
Heaven
Dream
Unreal
Loneliness
Home
Magic
The God Of Water
Troubled
Encounter
Captive
Questions
Impressions
Hunches
Surprise
Presentations
Assessing
Curiosity
Sides
Heaven
Lake of Lights
Warning
Evil
Anguish
Offense
Preposition
Offering
Culprit
Honest
Punishment
Visitor
Condemned
Shattered
Realization
Torn
Goodbye
Wish
Reunion
Home
Strange
Melancholy
Apparitions
Breakaway
Routine
Light
Rejection
Familiar
Heartless
Darkness
Empty
Decision
Chances
Soul Break
Heart Break
Searching
Friendship
Welcome
Epilogue

Memories

1.5K 78 20
By IvetteMartinez01

Standing in front of her tiny closet, Camille looks at the beautiful dress fighting to stay inside. A dress that she could never be able to afford in a lifetime. The embroidery of tiny diamonds makes it glow with the dim lights of her room. Camille reaches out to hold it, hoping that if she makes the dress disappear she can start anew. The image of her stressed out mother, the pained look on Adam's face and the anger in Paige's voice give her the courage she needs.

Her heart slams against her chest with an unknown sentiment of grief and desolation. Something in her soul rips apart if she destroys the only connection she has to a place she wants to go back.

"God! What's wrong with me!" she shouts frustrated, a wave of uncontrollable anger raises in her. She fights the tears off her eyes while griping on the dress.

"Why can't I do this?" she cries.

"Camille?" Jordan pops his head behind the door, the evident worry in his eyes makes her stop her tantrum. Throwing the dress back on her bed, she breathes in deeply to face her brother.

"Hey..." she answers him under her breath.

Jordan is one of her weakness and to keep him happy, she has endured the ghoulish abused of his father. Until he could grow to be a totally different human, someone better than the monster that gave him life.

"Can I come in?" he asks skeptically looking at the dress.

"Of course, JJ. What's wrong?" Noticing the hesitation in his big eyes, Jordan holds his hands together, trying to find the right words to express his concern to his sister.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Camille asks shifting her concern towards him.

Jordan is aware of the fact that Camille has endured so much for his sake. He knows that she's not happy, and even when he loves Adam like an older brother; Jordan wants his sister to figure out her life before it's too late.

Ready to give her the push she needs, Jordan looks up to his enchanting eyes. Someone who has been an angel to him, and returning her sacrificial favor is the least he can do for her. Jordan takes her hand to find the strength and to give her the strength she needs to let go. His eyes gaze at her with the most honest love she has ever seen.

"I'm sorry you have to go through so much because of us, because of me..." Jordan starts with deep endearment, making her heart shrink with sadness.

"You've been so good at covering your pain until I realized what a monster dad really is..." the abhor he feels towards his father, showing in every word and tears forming in his eyes.

"I love Adam, but you're my sister Camille, and you're not happy here. Go back! Go back to him." he shocks her with a sudden suggestion.

"That man is watching over you, ever since you came back... he's strong and he promised to make you happy no matter what," a little tremble scapes his throat.

"What man? Jordan, what are you saying?" Camille stutters with difficulty, trying to understand why the boy looks so tormented.

"Jordan, calm down..." Camille pleads urgently, knowing that anything can trigger an asthma attack on him.

"I'm fine, I'm not a kid anymore Camille!" he stops her. Her eyes widen with surprise.

"I'm strong now. I can take care of mom, so don't worry about us," he argues with determination. The passion and truth in his words leave her speechless.

"That man, I can see it in his eyes. The way he looks at you, not even Adam could look at you like that. You're his life." Jordan gives his all to make his beloved sister free and be happy for once and for all.

"Who is this man? I don't know who you're talking about..." Camille says at the same time the window slams open. The cold wind he brings with himself makes them jump back. The door shuts down, stopping anyone from interrupting.

Camille freezes in shock to see him hunched down to fit in the small window. Her heart skips a beat as the image snaps in her mind. His hair glittering with a few drops of water, intense crystal blue eyes sending thrilling shocks to her nerves. A hint of anger in his intense gaze. They have met several times before, but he's different this time.

"You, how did you get here?" Camille can't hide her surprise.

Camille turns to Jordan who's admiring the man standing before them. In dismayed she turns back to look at the man she has spoken to a few times, he looks different now. There's more determination in his glare. Axl steps forward forcing Jordan to walk towards him. He looks down and winks at him, which makes the innocent boy grin with gratitude.

"And, yet, you do not want to see it," Axl says as he places his hand on Jordan's head, but still looking at Camille.

Refraining himself from showing his annoyance in front of the young boy, Axl takes a deep breath to give her time while she tries to understand why is this man in her house? In her room? Camille's puzzled eyes peer at him with the same innocence and curiosity she had done the first time they met in his kingdom.

Something is evidently turning upside down because of this man. Why does he look and feels so familiar? His simple presence makes her heart explode with a heated feeling of yearning, an urgent emotion to erase his hidden struggle.

"Why are you here?" she whispers the question when deep in her heart there's a glimpse of happiness desperately trying to expand.

"I am upset, Camille. Lately, the only thing you can think of is to bury me in the darkness." Axl doesn't cover his disappointment this time.

Taking a step closer, making her heart jump immediately. He's tall and manly, slightly leaning towards so their eyes can be at the same level. Camille gulps nervously.

"I erased your memory to figure out what is the mystery about you," the God confesses. The giant mark of a water dragon on his bare chest captivates her attention, it's something she remembers. The surprise to find out that he's the reason she can't remember anything at all take a sudden step back.

"What are you saying? I thought you were looking for someone else." Camille whispers hardly keeping her composure in front of the ethereal man. Remembering how sad he was when he talked about his beloved, a crease forms in the middle of her forehead.

"Have you really forgotten me?" his crystal eyes with a touch of sadness that makes her uncertain. Camille lowers her face finally releasing his glare, she doesn't know what to say. Deep down she knows him, but everything is a maze in her brain. Every turn she takes, every sentiment, every image that comes to her mind seems to be blocked by a wall. A wall that stops her from seeing the truth. A wall he created.

"I don't..." she tries, but somewhere inside, those memories scream not to let him go, not to push him away. Axl desolated expression destroys her soul. He tilts his head to the side, letting his hair hang over hiding the magic of his eyes. Those hypnotic blue eyes that look so infinite and deep, like the mare ocean itself.

"Sir..." Jordan interrupts hoping to console the somber man.

"It is alright, Jordan. The choice has always been hers," he tells the boy with a desolate smile. Jordan turns to Camille with an apprehensive expression that confuses her more.

"Jordan..." she whispers but her voice is trapped behind the lump in her throat.

"Very well, Camille. I cannot obligate you to remember, it is my mistake and I have to admit defeat." Axl understands that he's the only one to blame, for falling for his mother's games.

"This is the last time we will see each other, perhaps it is for the best," his words are sharp daggers piercing Camille's heart.

He lifts his eyes to the moon and smiles with deep regret. Camille freezes, as the memory of a beautiful angel, hugging him crosses her mind. That blurry image hurts her more than she can put into words. The moment she realized she couldn't handle the truth, to stay and see him loving someone else.

Camille takes a deep breath to control the sudden awakening of her heart. She made a decision back then, to sacrifice her feeling for his happiness. Axl turns to the window as Camille closes her eyes and remember the night he brought her back. The gentleness of his lips, the protection of his hug. How couldn't she fall for him, when he gave her all she ever wanted. Her freedom and peace.

"Goodbye, Axl," Camille whispers as she lets the heaviness of saying goodbye to another man in her life take her down. A tear rolls down her eyes as the wind caresses her face. Axl freezes with surprise, so does Jordan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 127 26
In the midst of his teenage years, a 14-year-old high schooler found himself falling deeply in love for the very first time. However, there was a cat...
170 17 30
She's a force, a fire that destroys all. But so is he. The saying goes to fight fire with fire. But what happens when it's not a war that fire feeds...
Ophiuchus By rainshine03

General Fiction

5.9K 370 19
Matthew and Camille, Camille and Matthew. That's how things have always been. Despite living with an abusive father and an emotionally unstable and a...
22.9K 1K 26
On the top floor in the tallest buildings of the city, a very beautiful girl stood near the floor to ceiling glass window. looking at the mesmerising...