The Lonely God

By Benita_16

❝I think he is attracted to her. Look at this beauty. Which man wouldn't want to keep her for himself? After... More

𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
rest of the book on Inkitt for free
[SEQUEL] The Bastard Princess
Veronica's Fallacy (Traitor's Dynasty Book 1)

32.

247K 10.6K 3.7K
By Benita_16

-HIM-

My eyes trail down her face and rest on her lips. They look so tempting to me. I want to taste them. I want to claim them. I have waited for this for so long. I am running out of patience. Rey is fighting for control inside me. He wants to be with her for some moments. Since he marked her wolf, he feels the connection.

I let him have control before leaning forward and claiming her lips. She is shocked by my sudden movement and tries to pull back but I place my hand on her neck and hold her on place while I move my lips against her. They are soft and delicious. I feel the hum of sparks between us.

I tug at her lower lip before running my tongue over it, asking for entrance. She keeps her lips pressed together, not responding to me. A growl vibrates my chest before I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her out of the water. I press her body flush to mine. She gasps at my sudden move and I take advantage of this moment to enter her.

As soon as our tongues meet, she lets out a moan which turns on Rey. I pull her closer if it was further possible. I don't want anything between us. I explore her, trying to remember her taste that will be gone as soon as I pull back.

She growls into my mouth and tries to push me off but I respond to her by sucking her bottom lip roughly. I feel desire pool in my chest, overtaking my senses. The need to mark and mate with her lights up all the cells in my body. There's a throbbing between my thighs that I want to ease so badly. She wants to pull back but I am not done yet. I want to have her so badly. I've waited so long to taste her, I can't anymore.

Her hands are resting on my chest which she uses to further push me. Our tongues are at war. Suddenly, she moves her lips against me, before sucking in my lower lip. My chest vibrates with a growl but I am taken back when her sharp canines pierce my lip. The rusty taste of blood takes over my taste buds before I let her pull back.

She is glaring at me while I am looking down at her with awe and lust swimming in my eyes. Her lips are swollen and red. There's some blood on them too which belongs to me. Rey is still at the surface and I know that she could sense him.

I am searching her eyes for the sign of her wolf but she seems to be doing a good job controlling her wolf. I sigh before telling her to get ready and leaving her room. I lick my lips, mostly tasting blood and searching for her taste that's long lost.

It felt like I tasted honey for the first time. Soft, warm and sweet. I want to taste them again and again. The dam of my patience will break soon and when it does, I will take her. All of her.

~

-HER-

I lie in the cold water. I am in a daze, lost. My mind is fogged up after what just happened while Vesta is excited inside me. She wants to be let out. She wants to go to him and complete the kiss that I broke.

But she does not know how bad he is. What he did to me. He is the subject of my nightmares and the synonym of hate for me. He is everything that I loathe, condemn and fear. I don't want him. I'll never be his. I'll find my way out. I'll run away.

This place seems to be one of my nightmares where I am trapped and tortured at night. I want to be free. I'll do anything just to be away from him and away from everything.

I get up from the tub and dry myself before getting dressed. Armelius shows up at my door before taking me to have breakfast. I don't feel like eating today, so I eat less and pretend to listen to him as he goes on what we'll be learning today.

I want to be left alone.

After we finish breakfast, Armelius takes me to the library.

"Good morning, your highness," My head snaps to Haestus. He is standing at by a big bookshelf, smiling warmly at me. I nod at him. I've met him after a long time. Last time, I saw him was when he came into my room to help me with the second task... wait a minute. I want to ask him something really important.

"What are you doing here?" Armelius inquires before I could say something to Haestus.

"I... was looking for some books..." He trails off while looking around. I don't know but the way he spoke seemed odd. The way his eyes flickers when he looks back at me, tells me that he is hiding something.

"Books on what?" Armelius further asks before stepping deeper inside the library. Haestus again looks around before answering after a brief silence.

"Witches..."

"Witches? You're looking books on witches?" Armelius asks in astonishment.

"Yes," Haestus answers.

"What do you want to know about that malicious group of women?" Armelius asks. Haestus growls lowly at him.

"Just hand me the books already," Haestus commands.

"They're at the back in the forbidden section," Armelius says rolling his eyes. Haestus nods before walking deeper inside the library and disappearing behind the bookshelves.

"Give me a sec," I tell Armelius before heading the way where Haestus went.

"Haestus," I call out for him. He turns around to look at me and nods.

"Your Highness,"

"Cut this bullshit, Haestus," I growl at him and he rolls his eyes before turning around to face me.

"Okay, Luna. How can I help you?" He asks politely. There's a hint of impatience in his voice as if I am interrupting him.

"How did you know I am your Luna?" I asked tilting my head at him. He looks confused before answering me, "You're the mate of Arles, which makes you our Luna..."

"No, no, no, Haestus. I remember you almost called me Luna in Zesux's Cave when I went to do the first task. I was 17 then. Neither I nor Arles knew about us being mates. How did you know we were mates even before us?" I ask, stepping closer to him. I see his eyes grow bigger as if I have caught him doing something wrong. He looks around to make sure that no one's around before stepping closer.

"What are you talking about, Nefret?" He growls lowly at me. There's this fear and surprise in his eyes that tells me that he knows a lot more than he wants anyone of us to know. He looks like a thief caught robbing in the middle of the night.

"Haestus, you know what I am talking about. Now, answer me." I command, looking him dead in his eyes. I know that there's something he's hiding.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Nefret..." He trails off before stepping away and turning around to walk away deeper in the library. I follow him, stubborn to get any kind of answer from him.

"Haestus, if you don't tell me then I'll tell Arles about you helping me with the tasks," I threaten and surprisingly he stops walking. His body freezes before he turns around to look at me with horror in his eyes. I know I have hit the right button.

"What do you want from me, Nefret?" He asks looking at me with frustration and fear.

"I want to know how you knew about me and Arles being mates even before we found out ourselves,"

"Look Nefret, it's impossible to –"

"I am going to Arles then," I say before spinning on my heels and storming the way I came.

"Okay, wait!" I stop and turn around to look at him. He looks scared and angry at the same time.

"Come with me," He says before sighing and turning around to walk deeper into the library. I follow him silently, watching him closely. His shoulders are tensed and his movements are very stiff.

We walk through numerous bookshelves before reaching at the end of the library. It's very dim here. I see a staircase at the corner which disappears in the ceiling above us. I climb it after Haestus and soon, we're in another room which is dark. I hear a click before I see the torches hanging on the walls light up and drowning the room in light.

The bookshelves are different here. They have bars keeping the books in the bookshelves.

"Welcome to the forbidden library," Haestus says as I look around. There's a huge table coated with a thick layer of dust, giving it away that this place hasn't been visited by anyone for long.

"Are you trying to distract me?" I ask him crossing my hands on my chest.

"Have a seat first," He says pointing to the chairs set by the table.

"Tell me first," I demand and he sighs.

"Or you can help me find the books as I tell you..." He trails off as he walks deeper in the library. I scowl as I follow him.

"You're annoying,"

"So are you,"

"Hey! I heard you,"

"Because I wanted you to hear it"

"UGHHHHHHHHH"

"Calm down, little one. Learn to be patient," He muses as he takes a turn.

"Now, now, I want this book called Bicana and it might beee..." He trails off before looking around, "there!" He says pointing to a bookshelf at the far side of the room.

"What about you tell me about it first then I find the book for you?"

"What about you find me the book first then I tell you about it?"

"What about I call Arles to find the book for you while you tell me about it?" Haestus grunts at me and I can't help but chuckle at him.

"You're impossible,"

"I know," I say while giving him a determined look, "Now, tell me..."

After a brief moment of silence, he starts peaking, "I saw you..."

"What do you mean by 'you saw me'?"

"I saw you in one of the visions,"

"You get visions?"

"Yes?"

"Means you can predict future?" I ask in astonishment. My eyes are as big as saucers.

"Not really. The future always keeps changing like the direction of the wind," He says while focusing his gaze on one of the bookshelf as I step beside him.

"So can you tell me about my future?" I ask, looking at him hopefully. I want to know if I'll ever get out of this place and live freely without Arles.

"No, I can't see the future. Those visions come randomly, not on my will and they don't always show me the future. They show me the past too but with different perspectives," He answers me while lost in deep thoughts.

"So you saw me in one of your visions and knew that I am Arles' mate?"

"No,"

"But you said you saw me!"

"Yes, I saw you but..."

"But what?"

"Nothing,"

"No, tell me! I want to know!" I say clutching his arm. He looks down at me and I see his eyes go foggy before they focus on me. He seems to be deep in thought.

"You want to know?" He asks dreamily and I nod urgently, "Then see..." He trails off before placing his hand on my eyes and covering them and suddenly, I feel slipping into darkness before I find myself standing in a familiar forest... wait, this is my pack!

I run wildly to my house but stop at the edge of the forest when I notice someone. A woman I have never seen is peeking from behind a tress. I call out for her but she doesn't answer me. That's when I realize that she can't hear me nor see me. I am invisible...I am in a vision!

I study the woman. She doesn't look like a mortal. She is beautiful with red hair and bronze skin. She is wearing a white cloth that's wrapped around her body in a scandalous manner. Her arms are decorated with tattoos and ornaments.

Her red hair is flowing free to her waist while a crown sits on her head. She seems to be a goddess. I step behind her and look at what she's looking.

My breath gets caught in my throat after what I see before me...

I feel a sob bubbling in my throat. I want to cry my eyes out. I want to run. I want to erupt in flames and turn into mere ashes.

How could this happen?

I fall on my knees, breathing heavily. This is so disturbing. I close my eyes and blink a couple of times before looking at the scene before me.

My house is visible from the edge of the forest and so is the rest of the River Red pack. But that's not what's bothering me. The thing which is bothering me is ... me.

I see the little version of myself standing in front Arles, who's bent on his knees. The little version of me is holding a rose that I remember I stole from one of the bouquets dad used to give mom on their anniversary.

"Are you Arles?" The little Nefret asks excitedly.

"Yes," Arles answers nonchalantly while looking at little Nefret curiously, "Who are you?" Arles asks next while tilting his head at a side. His eyes are studying little Nefret with so much intensity while the little version of me is looking at him with excitement.

Oh little Nefret, you don't know what kind of monster he is. I wish I could tell her.

"A mortal," Little Nefret answers his question before she asks, "Do you have a mate?"

Her question pinches at my heart. I feel the tears stream down my eyes and a lump building up in my throat. Oh, how innocent I was. I want to tell that Nefret to run away and to never ever look behind.

'No," Arles answers after a moment of silence. I feel Vesta pacing inside me. I want to do something really bad. I try to step forward to go to little Nefret but there seems to be an invisible force stopping me.

The little Nefret forms an 'o' with her mouth at his answer before she looks down at the rose in her and then at Arles. I feel sick knowing what's going to come next. Little Nefret smiles at Arles before stepping forward and handing him the rose.

"Mate," She says playfully and I feel sick.

"NO!" I let out a glass-shattering scream while I hear the woman peeking from behind the tree laugh before my eyes. Her evil laugh is clawing at my skin. It could make anyone's blood run cold.

What did I do! What did little Nefret do! Of, Nefret what do you do!

I clutch my head and start sobbing before I see the scene change. I am standing in the middle of a room. The room is decorated with stickers and toys and it doesn't take me long to realize that it's my room from childhood.

I see a bed by the window. I step by it to find little Nefret sleeping peacefully on it. Her jet black hair is spewed on the pillow while her blanket has been ridden to the bottom of the bed. The moonlight peeking through the window is falling on her face, lighting up the innocence in her.

Suddenly, I see the woman from the previous vision step out of the shadows in the room. This is the time I get to see her face for the first time. She has red eyes which are framed with heavy red eyelashes. Even her eyebrows are red. Red tattoos cover her cheeks and forehead. Her lips are white and sick as she parts them to grin slyly at the sleeping Nefret.

I realize that my breaths are coming out in short pants as I see her step by Nefret's bed and sit by her. She grins wickedly at her before running one of her hands over the sleeping Nefret's forehead. Her nails are red and sharp.

"Little one, you don't know what you have done..." She speaks with a sickly sweet tone which makes me want to throw up. I feel sweat beads forming on my forehead and my throat is dry.

"You've made this easy for me, little one. You'll be my way to him. He took my mate away, I'll take you away from him," She chuckles to herself before continuing to speak, "You have called him mate, so I grant you your wish and must pair you with him... but don't worry, I'll take you away from him soon. I'll rip him apart. I'll make him feel all the pain he gave me but you're so little. So pure. So innocent. I can't wait until you grow up. It will be fun to watch you hurting him, breaking him, ripping him apart but... till then, you sleep. I must bless you with some nightmares and curses so no one ever loves you in this mortal realm..."

Suddenly, everything snaps and I am slipping in darkness again. In the next moment, I am kneeling in the forbidden library and clutching my head.

I look around to find Haestus looking down at me with horror.

"Nefret, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done this to you..." He says breathily. His eyes are filled with guilt and fear. I swallow before rubbing my face.

"It's okay Haestus. Now I know why I never belonged there..."

...

comment and let me know what you think about this chapter.

And I know that it was a shock to see Erika and Andrew treating their own daughter like trash but I hope you got the reason why it was happing in this chapter.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FOLLOW ME

Thanks for reading and have an amazing day/night :)

Love Y'all! Muahhh

-Benita

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 16.5K 60
She heard a low growl rumble in his throat and turned her head, shooting him a teasing smile before quickly testing the water again with her toe. It...
56 0 17
Synopsis: Wolves first shift when they turn fifteen, and now, five years later, Arlet can't wait to turn twenty because then she will finally be...
2.9K 166 23
At seventeen females will get their first heat, stronger than any other heat they will get in their lives so it makes it very easy for them to be cla...
115K 5.4K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...