Loving Marcello

By aataaraaxy

After having her heart broken by the boy she'd been in love with her whole life, Brimmy Somell decides to tak... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Post-Eleven
Chapter Pre-Twelve
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Epilogue
Alternate Ending
Alternate Ending pt.2

Chapter Nineteen

326K 12.6K 2.8K
By aataaraaxy

"For the last time, I'm not property, so you can't just claim me like that. I'm not 'yours'!" I shout, feeling beyond irritated.

"Im not saying you're property." He growls lowly, his irritation expanding beyond mine. "But that doesn't change the fact that you're mine."

I shake my head, "No, I'm not yours. I'm my own person!" I lift my chin stubbornly.

"I don't think that's the case here." Marcello shakes his head.

"Then what is the case?" I roll my eyes.

"Now, that's something I can't tell you quite yet, but you'll figure it out."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I narrow my eyes at him.

He doesn't respond.

"Okay, look here, buddy. You're on thin ice!" I glare at him.

"Does it look like I care?" He asks blankly.

"No, but you will." I promise, backing away, a plan already forming in my head.

Before he's given a chance to bite an insult, I scurry off, snickering at the annoyed grunt he heaves. I glance back, frowning as I catch sight of him following after me.

I see an opening and grin, turning sharply down the hall, but end up running into something.

I glance up.
Nope, not a hall. Definitely not a hall.

I rub my forehead, glaring at the wall that just assaulted me.

"What is up with you running into walls?" I hear Marcello's voice ask from behind me.

I decide to not even get up, and settle with sprawling out on the ground, "I don't know, it's a toxic habit that I find myself doing."

I bend my head so that I'm seeing the world upside down. Marcello raises an eyebrow, "A toxic habit, also known as your clumsiness."

"I am not clumsy." I scowl, glaring at him to the best of my ability in my current position.

"Yes, you are." He argues.

"No I'm not." I repeat.

"Yes." He challenges.

"No." I challenge right back.

"Yes." He continues.

"No." I lift my chin stubbornly.

"No." He smirks.

"Yes. Wait, no." I shake my head, trying to figure out what we're arguing again.

"Too late, you already said yes." He calls out triumphantly.

"That was so not fair. You cheated!" I complain.

He just shakes his head, "You act like a child."

"What? Not I don't!" I defend.

"Yes you do." He says firmly.

"No." I give him a dirty look.

"We're not doing that again." He sighs, shaking his head again.

I see another figure approaching us, and immediately recognize him. "Dante!" I shout, sitting upright and turning around to grin at him.

"Hey, Brim." He calls out happily.

I'm about to get up to hug him, but I remember that I'm still mad at him, so I settle for crossing my arms over my chest and fixing him with a mean stare.

His smile falters, "What happened?"

"You guys not telling me what you were talking about. That's what happened." I say coldly.

By now, his smile has turned down completely into a frown, "Oh. That wasn't even important, it was just...like...guard stuff."

I scoff, "You lying is only making it worse for all of you. I refuse to talk to any of you until you tell me what's going on." Putting my chin up defiantly, I huff.

"Brimmy, it wasn't important, ple-" He stops talking abruptly, and I look at him curiously.

Dante stares at Marcello, seeming to be scared.

"I-I'm sorry, sir." He replies, bowing his head respectfully, hurrying away from us.

"What was that?" I ask in confusion.

"It was nothing." Marcello dismisses the topic quickly, giving me a warning look.

I decide not to pry, but instead get up and stumble a bit before I regain my balance.

If course, with my luck, I manage to stumble into him.

Ignoring the tingles that spread wherever he touches me, I push him away, feeling sturdy enough to walk on my own.

I stalk away from him, stop as he grabs me by the wrist and spins me to face him.

"Yes?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Without a second passing by, Marcello crashes his lips onto mine, quite possibly bruising them. I let out a squeak, pushing him away in surprise.

"That was so uncalled for." I scold, lightly touching my throbbing lips. "I think you busted one of my lips." I glare at him.

He blinks at me, "What?"

"My lips. You hurt them." I point out, feeling exasperated.

"I kiss you...and That's your response?" He asks incredulously.

"Well, I mean, yeah. You hurt my mouth." I roll my eyes, "You could've been a little more gentle, you know." I continue to scold.

"Fine." He rolls his eyes, catching me off gaurd when he presses his lips against my own, a little less roughly, but still aggressive.

I nod my head appreciatively, actually able to feel the tingle of the kiss affect my body.

Then I realize what I'm doing.

Kissing a mafia boss that I somewhat despise but like a little? That's so not me. But maybe it could be?

I mean, it's not like I have any boys waiting for me back home. No ones really ever liked me like that.

And I seem to like this mafia boss a bit more than I care to admit.

I wouldn't mind kissing him.

I don't mind kissing him.

Which is why decide to bury my fingers in his hair, tugging a bit, and pressing my mouth against his a little harder, further deepening the kiss.

Before any tongue could get involved, I pull away, nodding in satisfaction, "See? That was better. You don't always have to be so rough all the time." I scowl.

"That's usually the only way I can get things done." He grunts.

"Sometimes that's not the best solution." I shake my head, tutting.

"Its gotten me this far." He points out.

"And you won't go any farther if you don't change your attitude." I raise a challenging eyebrow.

He sighs, "We'll see."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 12.3K 60
𝖡𝖤𝖳𝖱𝖠𝖸𝖠𝖫 𝖲𝖤𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖲 #1 She pressed the knife deeper to my throat. I could feel the sting and blood beginning to trickle down my neck. "I ga...
161K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
22.7M 775K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...
142K 4.5K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...