A Priestess For Middle Earth

By jumpingmanatee

Why do these things always happen to Kagome? And where has the well sent her this time? Follow Kagome as she... More

Chapter 1 New Beginnings
Chapter 2 Not Again
Chapter 3 Getting To Know A New World
Chapter 4 Orcs in the Forest
Chapter 5 Unexpected Guests, Unexpected Reaction
Chapter 6 Kagome's Argument and Agreement
Chapter 7 The Journey Begins
Chapter 8 Traveling Through The Shire
Chapter 9 Chapter Shikigamis and An Exam
Chapter 10 Mutual Respect
Chapter 11 Ramen Noodles, Trolls And Wargs
Chapter 12 Rivendell And Thorin's Confession
Chapter 13 Thorin's Gratitude And The White Council
Chapter 14 Leaving Rivendell
Chapter 15 The Misty Mountains
Chapter 16 Goblin Town
Chapter 17 The Escape
Chapter 18 A Visit With Beorn
Chapter 19 The Spiders And Elves Of Mirkwood
Chapter 20 Mirkwood And Shikigamis
Chapter 21 Escaping Mirkwood
Chapter 22 Lake-Town.
Chapter 23 Preparing for the Mountain.
Chapter 24 The End Of Smaug, Or Is It?
Chapter 25 After The Fire.
Chapter 26 Dragon Sickness
Chapter 27 The Aftermath
Chapter 29 Always and Forever.
Chapter 30 Tenseiga's Power
Chapter 31 Rebuilding Erebor
Chapter 32 Returning to the Mountain
Chapter 33 The Dinner Party
Chapter 34 The Big Day
Chapter 35 Epilogue

Chapter 28 An Old Ally

3.5K 130 55
By jumpingmanatee

When the meal was over, Thorin, Kagome, Inuyasha, and the Company make their way up to the ramparts to see what was going on. What they see surprises them, outside the wall is an entire encampment of Mirkwood Elves. Inuyasha looks them over then turns to Kagome

"Who are these clowns?"

"Those are the Elves of Mirkwood, enemies of the Dwarves."

Kagome then goes on to explain what happened between the Elves and the Dwarves when Smaug attacked, how they abandoned the Dwarves to their fate. By the time Kagome was finished Inuyasha was growling.

"Cowards."

"And now it would seem that they have come for the White Gems of Lasgalen or war," Balin tells him.

Inuyasha cracks his knuckles, "Hn, let them try, I'll destroy them all."

Thorin had no doubt that Inuyasha could do it, after the stories that Kagome had told them about him and that sword of his, he was certain of it. He placed a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder.

"Now is not the time for violence, Inuyasha, I need to fulfill the promise I made to the people of Lake-Town and return to Thranduil what my grandfather had stolen."

"Why should you, after everything those bastards did to you?" Inuyasha asked.

"Because it is the honorable thing to do, and I want this over. I do not that taint on my soul."

Thorin sent Gloin and Balin down to the treasury to get the gold for the people of Lake-Town and the white gems of Lasgalen. They lowered the chests of gold first then, the chest filled with the gems. Thorin walks up the ramparts and looks over the edge.

"My debt to Lake-Town is paid, as is the debt my grandfather owned the Elves of Mirkwood. Go in peace."

At that moment, Gandalf shows up, informing them that there is an army of orcs heading for the mountain. That they need to band together in order to beat this enemy.

Thranduil scoffs. "Let the Dwarves fight their own battles. It is not the concern of Elves."

"You fool, if Erebor falls then Mirkwood is next. The army of the enemy will march all over Middle Earth," Gandalf tells Thranduil, "We must stand together and fight."

Just as Thranduil is about to make is a decision, the hear a horn blow and the marching feet of soldiers. Thranduil, Thorin, and Gandalf look up and see the Army of the Iron Hills appear on the hill.

"Who is that?" Inuyasha and Kagome ask at the same time.

"My cousin, Dain Ironfoot."

"Why are they here," Kagome asked.

"Because I sent for them, the minute Smaug was killed. Before he possessed me."

"Thorin we-"

But Kagome is cut off by the sound of Dain speaking.

"Good Morning, How are we all?" Dain greets cordially as he approaches the opposing army, "I have a wee proposition if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would consider... JUST SODDING OFF?! All of you! right now!"

"Come now, Lord Dain."

"Gandalf the Grey. Tell this rabble to leave, or I'll water the ground with their blood."

"There is no need for war between Dwarves, Men, and Elves. A legion of Orcs march on the Mountain. Stand your army down."

"I will not stand down before any Elf. Not least this faithless woodland sprite. He wishes nothing but ill upon my people. If he chooses to stand between me and my kin, I'll split his pretty head open! See if he's still smirking then."

"I need to get out there to stop Dain before he goes to war against the wrong people," Thorin said as he heads for the rope.

"Climb on my back I'll get you down faster," Inuyasha tells him.

Thorin stares at him for a moment then gets on Inuyasha's back. Inuyasha then leaps off the ramparts and lands on the ground safely. Thorin climbs off his back and thanks Inuyasha. Thorin then takes off running towards the two armies that are about to go to war with each other.

In the meantime, the rest of the Dwarves start climbing the rope down to try to catch up with Thorin. Inuyasha leaps back up to the rampart with Kagome.

"We should go down there too, Kagome."

"No, Inuyasha, Thorin can handle this. We'll wait up here."

"Whatever you say, Kagome."

Thorin tries to push through the Elves but they will not budge. Thorin calls out for Gandalf.

"Thranduil, allow Thorin to pass through your men," Gandalf tells him.

Dab- hon na aglon!" (Allow him to pass) Thranduil barks out.

The Elven soldiers part and Thorin makes his way over towards Dain and the others.

"Cousin, I'm glad you are here, let's give this faithless Sprite what for!"

"No, Dain, we are not going to fight the Elves. We need to concentrate on the enemy that approaches to take Erebor. We will defend this mountain with or without Thranduil's help."

"If that's what you command, Thorin, I am with you."

At that moment the mountain to the East begins to rumble and crack open. Thorin and Dain look on as Were-worms tunnel their way out of the mountain. When they retreat, the legion of Gundabad Orcs emerges from the mountain.

"The Hordes of Hell is upon us! To battle! To battle, sons of Durin!" Dain yells

Quickly the Dwarves line up to make a barricade against the Orcs that are marching towards the mountain. They raise up their pikes and wait for the onslaught, while the Elves stand idly by.

Meanwhile, Kagome and Inuyasha look on from the ramparts. It's painfully obvious that the Dwarves are outnumbered and that the Elves are not going to offer any aid whatsoever.

Inuyasha growls, "Those bastard Elves are going to stand there and let the Dwarves get slaughtered. Come on, Kagome, we gotta help."

"Right."

Kagome gets on Inuyasha's back and he jumps off the rampart. He takes off running and pushes his way through the Elves. As Inuyasha and Kagome make their way through the Elves, the Gundabad army gets closer towards the barricade.

"Hold your ground!" Thorin shouts as he draws Orcrist and moves to Dains side. By this time the Company has joined Thorin and have placed themselves alongside him.

As the Orcs get closer, Thranduil orders his men to take their positions. Just as they leap over the Dwarves shields to engage the enemy another figure leaps over them.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yells.

Inuyasha destroys 100 Orcs with the power of the Wind Scar. It is so powerful that body parts are blown everywhere. The Dwarves and Elves are left in awe at the destruction that is caused by a man that looks to have dog ears on his head. While the others were gawking at him, Inuyasha didn't waste any time and followed up his attack with another attack. The Tessaiga turned black and Inuyasha yelled,

"Meidō Zangetsuha!"

A large black orb came hurdling out of Tessaiga and Orcs that were in its path were being sucked into it.

"What is happening?" Thorin asked.

"They are killed and taken into the Netherworld," Kagome explained.

The Orcs, seeing they were no match for Inuyasha started to retreat but when they turned they saw a lone figure dressed in white walking toward them. He had long white hair and pointed ear he could have been mistaken for an elf had it not been for the crescent moon on his forehead and magenta stripes on his cheeks. The orcs growled and began to charge him.

"Disgusting vermin."

The stranger withdraws his sword and swings, immediately a green blast hits the charging Orcs and they begin to decompose.

"Who is that?" Thorin asked.

"That's my bastard half-brother, Sesshomaru,"

The Orcs that had not seen what had happened continued to charge, suddenly a little green imp jumped in front of the man, "Do not bother with these creatures, Lord Sesshomaru, I shall deal with them. Feel the power of the staff of the two heads!"

One of the heads on the staff began to spew out a stream of fire, setting the oncoming Orcs on fire. The others look on as the little imp engulfs the Orcs in the fire. Somewhere to the right, someone yells that they have spotted a two-headed dragon. Looking up Kagome too sees the dragon.

"A-Un?"

Then she spots the rider, "Rin is that you?"

But it is no longer the 11-year-old girl that Kagome once knew. Rin has now blossomed into a mature young woman of 17 years old. The dragon comes in for a landing sending everyone, Dwarves, Elves and Men, alike scattering. Kagome goes running up to A-Un, who lowers his head, so she can pet him. Rin slides off the dragon and hugs Kagome.

"Rin what are you doing here?"

"We don't know, Lady Kagome, a few days ago a vortex opened and took Lord Sesshomaru, Master Jaken, A-Un, and me, and we ended up here. Lord Sesshomaru picked up your scent and we have been following it ever since. What is this place?"

"I'll explain everything later, but first you have to take me to Sesshomaru before he starts killing the wrong people."

Kagome is about to get on A-Un, when Bilbo grabs her arm, "Kagome what are you doing, that's a dragon!"

"Don't worry, Bilbo this is A-Un, he's a domesticated Dragon. He belongs to Lord Sesshomaru, you remember the stories I told you about him?"

Bilbo shivered, "Yes."

"I need to talk with him before he kills everyone who annoys him."

"Go then I'll tell Thorin."

Rin and Kagome take off into the air and fly past the Orc army to where Sesshomaru is. A-Un blows a path of fire and lands next to Sesshomaru. Kagome quickly jumps off and runs toward Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru!"

"Miko, why is This One not surprise to find you here? And is that my idiot brother at the other end?"

"Yes, it is, what are you doing here?"

"This One is unsure, He only knows that some gods spoke to Him and informed Him that His presence was needed, after picking up your scent when we arrived This One knew that you were somehow involved in this. Explain to this Sesshomaru what is going on."

"I'll give you the short version."

Kagome quickly explained what was going on while she and Sesshomaru fought the oncoming Orc and Trolls. She explained how the Elves had abandoned the Dwarves when Smaug had first attacked and how 60 years later her 13 Dwarves and a Hobbit got it back. Now the Orc wanted the mountain and if the took it the could rein evil over Middle Earth. To say that Sesshomaru was unimpressed with the Elves was an understatement.

"This Sesshomaru should rid this world of these elves for their sheer cowardice."

"They're not all like that, Sesshomaru, only the Mirkwood elves and I'd dare say it's just their king."

"A bad king makes for bad people, Miko, but we will continue this discussion at a later date. For now, This Sesshomaru will not pass judgment. Now is a time to ensure your mate's kingdom."

"How did you know?"

"This One can tell by the way you speak of him. Go to him and keep him safe, My idiot brother and This One shall handle the rabble. Take A-Un and Rin and help the others, make sure This One's ward is safe."

"Alright Sesshomaru, come on Rin let's go."

"Good luck, My Lord."

Sesshomaru nods towards Rin, "Jaken you will not fail me. Destroy all these vermins known as Orcs. Spare the bearded ones known as Dwarves." Sesshomaru smirks, "If the tall pointed eared ones in armor called elves happen to get in the crossfire so be it."

"Yes, My Lord."

Jaken then takes off running setting fire to as many Orcs as he can, but sparing the Dwarves and paying no heed to the Elves. Meanwhile, Kagome is flying overhead and can see that Thorin, Dain, and Dwalin are being surrounded by Orcs. Fili and Balin are battling their way through but are not going to make it in time.

"Rin, have A-Un blow a path through the Orcs to those Dwarves in the middle!" Kagome yells.

"You heard her, A-Un, go!"

A-Un sweeps down and breath out lightning from their mouths "A" breathing out blue lightning while "Un" breaths out green lightning. They lay waste to the Orcs closing in on Thorin and the others.

"A-Un land next to the dark-haired Dwarf, please," Kagome tells the Dragon Youkai.

The Dragon lands with a thud next to Thorin scaring him half to death. He clutches his heart and wheels around to do battle with this new foe. But when he sees Kagome, he stops.

"Kagome, are you alright, was that you that laid waste to the Orcs," Thorin asks as he hugs her."

"I'm fine Thorin, no that was A-Un, he's a Dragon Youkai. Don't worry he's a good dragon."

At those words A-Un lets out another bolt of lightning frying some oncoming Orcs then puts his head down so Thorin can pet him. Thorin hesitantly scratches the Dragon's head, A-Un rumbles affectionately. The Dwarves have surrounded Kagome, Thorin, Dain Dwalin Fili, and Kili so that they may speak briefly.

"Good boy, A-Un," Rin says as she slides off the Dragon.

"Who is this?"

"This is Rin, Thorin."

"My Lady, thank you for your help with your Dragon, but this is no place for you. Fili, take Lady Rin back to the mountain, then come back."

The minute Fili makes eye contact with Rin, he knew she was his One. Rin, for her part, blushes when she looks at Fili. Kagome and Thorin look at each other.

"Oh, boy, I don't know how Sesshomaru is going to take this."

"We can take A-Un," Rin tells Fili.

"I've never ridden a dragon before."

"There's always a first time," Rin says with a smile and a wink. Fili's heart nearly leaps out of his chest.

A-Un lowers himself so that Rin can get on then she give Fili her hand and helps him on as well. As their hands' touch, they feel a spark run between them. They both blush and Kagome rolls her eyes.

"Will you two stop flirting and get going!"

A-Un takes off into the air and Fili tells Rin where to go. By this time the Orcs have once again pushing past the Dwarves trying to get to Thorin.

"There's too many of these buggers, Thorin, even with your woman's friends. I hope you've got a plan," Dain says.

Thorin notices Azog and his Orcs on the mountain top, "Aye, we're going to take out their leader."

"Azog?"

Thorin gets on a Battle Ram, "I'm going to kill that piece of filth."

"Lead on," Dain says.

But just as Thorin is about to ride off, Kagome jumps on the back of the Ram, "You are not going up there without me."

Dwalin, Kili and Balin show up in a battle chariot, "Nor without us either."

"Come on then let's go."

At that moment A-Un lands on the rampart of Erebor and Fili jumps off he sees his uncle and the others racing up toward Ravenhill. He takes Rin's hand and kisses it.

"I must go, My Lady, I must catch up with my uncle and brother."

"You'll never catch up to them," Rin turns to A-Un, Take him to his family and guard them."

A-Un hesitates.

"It's okay, boy, I'll be safe here. You can come back when there's no danger."

A-Un nods then lowers himself so Fili can get on, Rin hands Fili the reins but then Fili catches her hand, "Thank you, Amrâlimê."

"What does that mean?"

"If I live through this I'll tell you," Fili says then kisses her hand.

"Well, then you better survive."

A-Un stands up then takes off into the air. Meanwhile, Thorin is riding like mad making his way up to Ravenhill while Kagome is shooting at every Warg and Orc that are coming at them. Dwalin is firing as many arrows as he possibly can with the arrow launcher. But still, the Orcs are getting through and taking down some of the Battle Rams. Finally, a troll lumbers out of nowhere and hits the chariot knocking the wheel off. They go skidding to the side crashing into the mountainside. As the troll is about to pound them into jelly they suddenly hear a cry

"Kongōsōha!" (Adamant Barrage)

The troll is suddenly riddled with shards of diamonds killing it instantly causing it to fall back.

"Thank you, Lad," Balin yells.

Inuyasha nods and takes off in another direction.

"Alright, Lads, this chariot can go no further, take the Battle Rams and get after Thorin and Kagome," Balin tells them, "I'll stay here.

"Brother, it's too dangerous for you to stay here alone, come on get on I'll take you up with me."

"That Ram can't handle the weight of both of us and you know it. Now get going."

At that moment, Fili lands with A-Un, "Kili, where's Uncle and Kagome?"

"By now they've probably reached Ravenhill."

"What are we waiting for," Fili asks.

"We don't have enough Rams for Balin," Dwalin tells Fili.

"Fine, Kili give that Ram to Balin and you ride on A-Un with me."

"Kili grins and jumps off the Ram, he hands the reins to Balin and races over to Fili. Fili gives him a hand and they take off into the air with Kili laughing the whole time.

"Those two are going to get themselves killed."

"Come on, Brother, let catch up to them."

Down on the battlefield, Sesshomaru is calmly laying waste to the hordes of Orcs and trolls that got in his way, every now and then elves as well. The only lives he was sparing are the Dwarves. Sesshomaru can tell that these Dwarves fight with honor and he noticed that when the battle first started it was the Dwarves that met the Orcs head-on while the Elves coward behind them. Whether that was the actual case, he didn't care it is what he observed. He reluctantly admired the bravery and tenacity of the Dwarves. Lord Sesshomaru thought very little of these Mirkwood Elves. So if he used Bakusaiga on the Orcs and the Elves were in the way it made no difference to him.

But this did not go unnoticed by a certain woodland prince, who had just arrived via Were-Bat. He had seen how this "man" was mercilessly killing Orcs and Elves alike but leaving the Dwarves unharmed. Hanging upside down from the bat Legolas took aim at the man in white and fired. The arrow went speeding toward its intended target, it was about to hit him in the head when suddenly the man reached up and snatched the arrow out of the sky with two fingers. Legolas watched in horror as the man melted the arrow in between his fingers into nothing.

The man turned around and made eye contact with Legolas, his eyes narrowed. A shiver ran down Legolas' spine. The man raised his sword and swung, a green light burst from the sword and traveled through the air straight towards Legolas. His eyes widen as he saw the green light coming closer, the only thing Legolas could do was hit the Were-Bat with his bow on the feet and make it release him. The Were-Bat did just that and Legolas plummetted to the ice below, he looked up in time to see the bat get hit with the light and begin to decompose. Legolas looked down tucked and rolled when he hit the ice below, he lay there for a while trying to catch his breath.

"What in Eru was that?" He asked.

Thorin and Kagome made it up to Ravenhill a few minutes later Fili and Kili landed on A-Un then Dwalin and Balin arrived. They look around but see nothing.

"Where is he? It looks empty, I think Azog has fled." Fili said.

Kagome shakes her head, "I don't think so, I can still feel his aura. He's around here somewhere.

"Fili, take your brother. Scout out the towers. Keep low and out of sight. If you see something, report back, do not engage. Do you understand," Thorin asks

"Aye, Uncle, come on Kili."

"What about the Dragon," Kili asks.

"A-Un will stay with Kagome, he knows her better anyway," Fili tells his brother.

"Thorin, we have company. Goblin mercenaries. No more than a hundred." Dwalin says

"We'll take care of them."

Dwalin looks over at A-Un, "Come you great beastie, give us a hand."

Immediately, A-Un starts firing lightning at the Goblin mercenaries turning them to ash. Those that were lucky enough to get out of the way were cut down by Dwalin and Thorin or were purified by Kagome.

Back in Dale Thranduil looks at the slaughtered bodies of his Elf army; to Feren

"Recall your company."

Feren sounds the horn, Gandalf makes his way to Thranduil

"My Lord, disperse this force to Ravenhill, the Dwarves are about to be overrun. Thorin must be warned." Gandalf tells him.

"By all means, warn him. I've spent enough Elvish blood in defense of this accursed land. No more!" Thranduil says.

"Fe, I knew that pointy-eared bastard was a coward," Inuyasha says.

Thranduil turns around and stares at Inuyasha then walks off.

"Thranduil?"

"I'll go," Bilbo says

"Don't be ridiculous, you'll never make it."

"Why not?"

"Because they will see you coming, and kill you!"

"No, they won't. They won't see me."

"It's out of the question. I won't allow it."

"I'm not asking you to allow it, Gandalf."

"And I ain't lettin' the little guy go up there alone. He showed that he's a lot braver than any of these bastards, I'll make sure he gets up there. Besides my best friend is probably up there too. I gotta protect her anyway. Trust me those Orcs don't stand a chance against me." Inuyasha tells Gandalf.

"Alright, Master Inuyasha, take care of Bilbo, please."

"Don't worry I will, it's what I do."

at Ravenhill, as Fili and Kili go scouting in the towers they hear a noise

"Kili, stay here, search the lower levels. I've got this." Fili tells his brother.

Reluctantly Kili leaves; back outside Thorin and Dwalin wait impatiently.

"Where is that Orc filth?" Dwalin asks

Just then Bilbo and Inuyasha land in front of Dwalin and Thorin. Bilbo gets off of Inuyasha's back.

"Thorin!"

"Bilbo, Inuyasha, what are you doing here?"

"You have to leave here. Now! Azog has another army, attacking from the north. This watchtower will be completely surrounded, there'll be no way out."

"We are so close, that Orc scum is in there. I say we push on." Dwalin says

"No! That's what he wants. He wants to draw us in, this is a trap. We need to find Fili and Kili, call them back."

"Thorin, are you sure about this?" Dwalin asks.

"I'll not risk all of your lives. We live to fight another day."

Suddenly they hear a noise coming from the towers, Azog then appears holding Fili

"Oh no." Bilbo gasps

"This one dies first. Then the brother. Then you, Oakenshield. You will die last." Azog says in Black Speech.

"Go. Run!" Fili cries

Azog impales Fili

"Here ends your filthy bloodline!" Azog yells.

Azog throws Fili's body over the edge as the others watch in horror, but before it hits the bottom A-Un swoops in and catches Fili's body. He lands in front of Kagome.

"Good boy, A-Un, take Fili back to Rin, she'll know what to do."

Kili at this point, Kili, enraged, runs to the top.

"Kili, No!" Thorin yells

Thorin starts going after Kili.

"Thorin! Thorin, no." Kagome and Dwalin scream at the same time

Dwalin then goes after Thorin, Kili starts decapitating every Orc in his path and Azog attacks Thorin. Bolg, the rest of the Orcs and the giant bats arrive at Ravenhill and as they go to attack Bilbo Dwalin starts battling it out with them

"Slay them all!" Bolg orders.

At the same time Legolas and Tauriel arrive, Legolas is limping from his fall from the Were-Bat, Tauriel then notices Kili fighting with the Orcs.

"No. Kili!" Tauriel yells.

But it's too late, Bolg has already stabbed Kili and he laying there dying. Tauriel rushes up to Kili and is cradling his head.

"No, no, Kili you can not die, Gi melin."

"Kili gasped, "What does that mean?"

"It means I love you," Tauriel said with tears in her eyes.

Kili took a shuttering breath, he could barely speak, "Men lananubukhs menu, I love you."

With that, Kili arched his back in pain as a tear rolled down his eye and then he took his last breath.

While that was happening, A-Un had landed on the ramparts where Rin had been pacing back and forth.

"Oh, Kami, Fili, A-Un what happened to Fili?"

A-Un kneeled down so that Rin could take a closer look. She gasped when she saw that he was unmoving, with every ounce of her strength she pulled his body off of A-Un and laid him on the floor. Rin checked for a pulse like Kagome had shown her and realized that he had none. She threw herself on his body and sobbed.

She didn't understand why it hurt her so much to see this Dwarf dead, but it felt like her heart was breaking. Rin Clutched Fili's tunic and screamed out her heartache, she had never felt this bad in all of her young life.

On Ravenhill, Tauriel is sobbing into Kili tunic, she is not paying attention to her surroundings. Bolg has come up behind her and is about to bludgeon her to death. Legolas cannot get to her in time with his injured let, yells for her to move, she turns in time to see the mace come down.

Out of nowhere Inuyasha comes running by and cleaves Bolg in half with Tessaiga, his two halves falling away harmlessly. He takes off and Joins Dwalin, Bilbo, and Kagome fighting back the Gundabad army that had just shown up. Inuyasha rushes back into the actions and yells

"Meidō Zangetsuha!" Taking half of the Gundabad Army to the Netherworld.

As they continue to fight on Thorin is battling it out with Azog he is attacked by Azog's Orcs, now that the threat of Bolg has been dealt with. Legolas takes aim and begins killing off the Orcs that are attacking Thorin. As the last one falls Azog swings his boulder to try and slam Thorin, only to break the ice around him and then he gets his boulder stuck, he watches in shock as Radagast and Beorn swoop in on the Great Eagles to take down the rest of the Orcs with Beorn forming into his bear form

Thorn grabs Azog's boulder and throws it to Azog, making him slip down the broken ice and sink into the water, Thorin watches Azog's body float in the water under the ice when suddenly he opens his eyes and stabs Thorin in the foot and bursts through the ice, he pins Thorin down, Thorin tries to hold him back from impaling him. In the distance, Thorin can hear someone screaming his name.

"Thorin!" Kagome screams.

Both Azog and Thorin look to see Kagome running towards them. She slips on the ice and falls, Azog laughs and continues to push down with all his might.

"When you die, I shall use your woman to breed a new army of Orcs," Azog deliberately tells Thorin in the Common Tongue so he's sure Thorin understood him.

Thorin's eyes widen, he would not let anything happen to his One, even if he had to die to protect her. But realizing that Azog is too strong Thorin lets Azog impale him, at the same time he manages to stab Azog with his sword. Azog falls to his knees and Thorin decapitates him then pushes his body over the falls.

Thorin walks over to the edge of the falls and sees that the tide has turned for the most part Sesshomaru and the Dwarves have driven back the Orcs and now that Azog is dead the Orcs begins to retreat. He stands there breathing heavily then suddenly he falls back.

"THORIN!" Kagome screams.

She rushes onto the ice and falls next to Thorin. She reaches for the wound on Thorin's chest and puts pressure and her hands start to glow, but Thorin was dying, his life's blood draining from his body onto the snow and ice. Kagome hovered over him desperately trying to heal his wound.

"Leave it, my love, it is over." Thorin breaths out with a shutter. "I go now to the Halls of Mandos, where I will always watch over you, my ghivashel."

Kagome took a deep shuttering breath. "No, you are not leaving me, you old goat! I won't let you go that easily."

Kagome threw all of her spiritual power into healing Thorin, including all her love and longing for him.

It wasn't enough. It was only prolonging his death. Tears ran down her face as she fervently prayed.

'Amaterasu-sama I have been your faithful priestess from the beginning. I have always done as you have commanded me without question. and I know that between you and Midoriko-sama, you sent me here to find my true love. Please don't take him from me now. Don't make me spend eternity without Thorin. Please give me the strength to save him. And give him to me forever. I beg you, I've never asked you for anything in my life. Please let me have this one thing.'

Kagome opened her eyes to see that Thorin was no longer breathing. She looked at his serene face and fell forward onto his chest sobbing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 607 18
Kagome runs away after Inuyasha chose Kikyo. Will this sadness ever go away? When she ran away she had discovered something about her powers, her tru...
28K 963 20
*Edited July 2020* Unfortunate events have brought Sesshomaru and Kagome to team up and get back at their philandering ex lovers. However, their unex...
246K 5.7K 38
ReWriting you are just a normal girl, you ended up running away because your family well step family was forcing you to marry this man you haven't ev...
154K 3.1K 36
Inuyasha tries to kill Kagome in order for Kikyo's soul to be whole again. But she was rescued by the Lord Demon Dog, Sesshomaru. He has someone to p...