Togetherness

By writerscrafts

EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Epilogue
End note
Announcement

Thirteen

50.5K 1.4K 210
By writerscrafts

We parked in the lot before the gym, quickly getting out of the jeep and making our way in.

Several eyes were on us as we entered, though I'd become accustom to it. We moved steadily towards the check-in.

Ado had made my gym card a couple days after I had arrived, so I didn't need to wait at reception.

I swiped my card and walked through, following the guys to the change rooms.

I couldn't see the girls change-room ahead, though I noticed a hallway on the opposite side of the change room the guys were headed towards.

Maybe that's where the girls change room is? I called out to Adonis just for confirmation sake.

"Ado, the ladies change-room is down that hallway right?"

Ado and Bane paused, a confused expression crossing his face, "Uh Lure, there is no ladies change-room." He replied hesitantly.

I snorted, how absurd. "What, so we come ready from home?" I questioned.

Laughing, I added "Or change in the guys change-room."

I enjoyed my ridiculous assumption, giggling some more.

However, as I glanced at Adonis' expression, he was wincing. I quickly turned towards Bane, who was staring at Adonis uneasily.

When he noticed my stare, he shifted, meeting my eyes.

"Ah, sweetness? The change-room here is all inclusive. From what I know, there are barely any female fighters, so they didn't bother creating a separate change room."

Adonis quickly added on. "Uh yeah, so you'll be changing in the same area as us."

It took me a second to let it settle. Anger took over another second later. Why wouldn't they create a separate change room.

Guys are dogs, how could they just thrust us into the same change-room and call it all inclusive.

Unfortunately, my reasonable persona joined the argument, opting to understand their reasoning to do so.

Maybe they viewed it in a more financial light, if there's few female participants, why waste money creating a whole separate change-room.

Also, it would promote a sense of equality amongst female and male participants. They can't view us differently then, we'd be on the same level.

My thoughts were cut off by a clearing of throat, though I didn't recognize it as Adonis' nor Bane's.

Turning around I saw a guy a couple inches taller than me, making a point of looking down at me with a smirk.

"I'm going to need you to move your fine ass aside. I've got a fight, and you're in the way... though you can come as my cheerleader," he stated, the smirk on his face widening as he looked me up and down. 

I grimaced in disgust. Pig, I thought.

Smiling sarcastically up at him, I replied "How about you cheerlead for me? I'll actually win."

The smirk fell off his face. An angry, ugly, red one taking its place. "This isn't LifeTime or GoodLife, it's a fighting gym doll face, so you're in the wrong place." He finished with a cold smile.

Just as I was about to snap back, a large warm hand rested on my lower back, and Bane's manly scent of cologne mixed with apples washed over my senses.

Feeling light headed for a second, I stepped back, further into his body. At the same time I felt Adonis stand by my other side.

The guy, who had yet to be named, faltered, taking in the presence of both guys.

Adonis took a step forward, "You done trying to tempt me into beating your ass a second time Vans?"

The asshole, Vans, took a step back, before choosing to retaliate.

"She's just some bitch, why do yo—"

CRUNCH.

Okay. So that sound was resultant from Banes fist ramming into Vans nose, successfully knocking him out cold.

"Fuckin' hell Bane, you couldn't just wait a little and beat him in the gym?" Questioned Adonis, ever the reasonable.

"He deserved it," Bane replied, a tone of finality lacing his statement. 

He turned to me. "Come on, let's go in," he said while grabbing my hand and tugging me to follow behind him.

As I was being manhandled by Bane, I turned around to call after Ado.

He grumbled something back about security and removing the knocked out body, before replying.

"Yeah you two go ahead, I'm just gonna handle this situation."

Bane, who had stopped pulling me behind him, now resumed. 

I was filled with unkempt adrenaline, as well as caution. I've had my fair share of experience with guys in fighting gyms, they either respect the fact that you've made it there, or they're sexist pigs about it.

Clearly, I prefer the former.

Noticing we had come to a stop, I looked around the change room. Guys littered all over, and the noise that I'd heard from outside was minimal to none now.

All eyes, and I mean all, were on us. Is there a hole in my clothes? I quickly looked down, doing a quick check and finding none.

Letting out a sigh of relief— what if there's something on my face. I turned to Bane quickly, pointing to my face to ask. 

"Is there something on my face."

Bane, hid a smile. "No sweetness, nothing there."

Raising my hands, I motioned them towards the guys in the change room. "Then why the fuck won't they stop staring at me?" I said, having turned around mid sentence to glare at them.

Some guys snorted or laughed in response, the others turned away, and some returned my look.

Before anyone could retort, Bane chose to play hero "Mind your own fucking eyes. Minus you James."

He glanced down at me. "James is gay, be friends with James. Good fighter too, weak offence good defence." 

A tall buff guy, with brown hair and slightly asian features comes forward, a smile splayed on his face.

In two large strides, James  had made his way over to me, engulfing my hand in his much larger one, shaking it enthusiastically. 

"Hey Alura is it? I'm James." He glances at Bane, "And thanks to this fucker, I'm not going to fight you because now you know my strategy."

I like him. He's friendly, and he gets along with Bane, which is an impossibility on its own.

Smiling, I reply "Yeah Alura it is." Letting out a playful sound of annoyance towards Bane, I continue. "Thanks a lot Bane, I thought I'd be able to have fun with this one."

James let out a loud laugh, excusing himself and walking towards the gym, and Bane just looked at me with slight amusement.

Giving me a light shove he muttered, "Quit your dramatics and go get changed, I'm going to verse you again."

Now excited, and thereby losing all reasonable thoughts, I began changing. I swiped off my sweatshirt, showcasing my bra underneath.

As I reached for the back of my bra, my sweatshirt was pulled back over my head hastily.

Turning to the source, I found Bane looking at me, sporting darkened eyes and an angry expression. As he opened his mouth, I was quick to cut him off.

"Bane what the fuck. I can't fucking fight in a sweatshirt I nee—" My sentence was cut off by a heavy hand being placed on my mouth, though it wasn't Bane's.

Adonis' voice reasoned, "Lure, the room is filled with horny guys, I'm your brother, so for the love of God, change in one of the stalls okay?"

Sighing, I grumbled a quick okay, turning to give Bane a glare to show my displeasure.

Once I got in the stall, Ado called out to let me know him and Bane were heading into the gym.

I changed quickly, pulled my white hair back into a rough pony tail, and placed my sports wrap around my knee.

I made my way out to the gym, looking around to spot the guys.

I spotted Bane in an instant, sparring with James, and having gathered quite a crowd already.

I shoved my way through the crowd, getting grunts of annoyance, though not stopping to care.

As I made it the front of the crowd, Bane delivered a final blow to the back of James knee, sending him to the ground.

I winced for James, knowing the pain that comes with that blow.

Bane had a look of triumph, though he helped up James, who gave him a hit on the back, and then got down from the podium.

Bane looked around the crowd, eyes landing on me, and a smile lit up his face.

He beckoned me forward, "Hey Lure, you up for it again?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
20.4K 766 36
Meet Cayden Young She is your definition of a bad girl: late for school, late for class, late to pretty much anything and just doesn't care. But whe...
3.9K 155 70
Normal... Yeah right... Who wants normal when you can have my live full of ups and downs oh and don't forget the side ways. xxx Meet Allison Hope...
404K 10.4K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...