Resolutions (TP3)

By pseudoannie

(Complete) New Year's Day is a time for resolutions. Jack Harris, still mourning the tragic death of his wife... More

Author's Note
1 - Resolutions
2 - Decisions, more decisions
3 - One step at a time
4 - Lost girl
5 - Snow Day
6 - I love you too, Dad
7 - Running to a happy place
8 - Thirty days
9 - Vacationland
10 - A really cute guy having lunch
11 - The Library Type
12 - You're not in Boston anymore
13 - Two Shoulders
14 - If Maddie thinks you're okay
15 - Dad's Day Out
16 - Meet me on the beach
17 - Spanx Me
18 - A storm is brewing
19 - Good Rory can come home
20 - Good size footprint
21 - Birthday Blues
22 - Fat and old and ugly
23 - The third wheel
24 - Another birthday
25 - What are friends for?
26 - Run for the prize
27 - Be careful what you ask for
28 - Nicole's daughter
29 - Perfect sense
30 - Casanova
31 - Everyone loves her
32 - Motherless children
33 - A sign?
35 - A heart
36 - As soon as possible
37 - MADDIE
38 - RORY
39 - JACK

34 - Only two

3.6K 267 12
By pseudoannie

When Jack suggested she take a day off, she felt her stomach tighten. The entire summer had been an exercise in patience. She was more nervous than a virgin on her wedding day. Her experience with sex had not been very good. There were her horrible bedroom experiences with Steve that made her cringed just thinking about. With Drew, they were young and inexperienced. It was always fast, and although it got better with practice, something was missing. Then there was Jeff. She thought she loved him, but since he didn't love her it was an illusion. Sex with him was the best she had, but it was nothing like she had read about. She was pretty sure she hadn't been built to have good sex. She hoped she wouldn't disappoint Jack.

They didn't run the morning of their big date. Maddie was so nervous, she couldn't eat breakfast. She didn't know what to wear, except for a new lacy bra. Her old bras were more comfortable than pretty. She also bought some panties to replace her cotton bikinis. She typically wore the kind sold in a ten pack in a variety of colors.

What to wear over was the question. Would she undress herself or would Jack? She was nervous about him seeing her less than perfect body with its curves and stomach that didn't disappear after eight months of trying. She finally settled on her favorite shorts and a tee shirt that brought out the color of her green eyes. She showered and shaved with a new razor making sure she didn't miss a spot. She even splurged on a pedicure on Saturday morning. Jack wouldn't care, but it made her feel good.

Jack took the same approach with dressing and wore shorts and a Green Day tee shirt. He smiled his gorgeous Jack smile and reached for her hand. Just the touch of his hand relaxed her. He pulled her into an embrace.

"I hope you're ready for something meaningful because I want you more than I've ever wanted anything in my life."

She felt her insides melt. He had proven to her his love for her was separate from his love for Nicole, but she still worried he wasn't emotionally ready for this step. Would he have guilt? She hoped not.

She showed him she was ready to by seeking his lips. She was so familiar with their taste and feel, and what they could do to her own lips. What she didn't know was how they would feel on her body and she wanted to find out.

She followed him into a bedroom. There wasn't much room because he was sharing with Emma and the crib took up space. He looked down at her and asked permission with his eyes as he lifted her shirt. She gave a small smile through her nerves. He would see her imperfections. Slowly she raised her arms so he could cast aside her shirt. She lifted his, but he hastily took it off and threw it on top of hers.

They stood together. She had seen his bare chest before at the beach. She already knew he had a dusting of hair and a line that went right down below his belt.

Jack was intent on her bra and what it hid. His hands caressed each breast. Then his mouth kissed its way and finally nipped at her erect nipples through the lacy. It sent sensual waves through her body which settled between her legs.

He surprised her by abandoning her breasts and undoing the button of her shorts. They were loose enough after her weight loss to slide down without unzipping them. She stepped closer to Jack as she stepped out of the abandoned shorts and kicked them away.

"You're beautiful," he breathed. His voice sounded different, husky with desire. "Come lie down."

As she settled onto the bed, he quickly let his own shorts drop. When she saw him, she couldn't think straight. She felt his weight drop on the bed beside her. His eyes were dark like a storm of desire.

"Mads, I love you. You! I know I'm ready to show you just how deep my love for you is."

Maddie laughed which was perfect for releasing her nervous tension. "Was that a pun or a preview of what comes next?"

Jack laughed. "Touché!"

They silenced their laughter with a kiss while each used their hands to explore the other. They had all day and Jack had no intention of rushing. The pulsing between her legs only grew stronger until finally Jack found his way there and touched her over the lace. She knew there was no way to hide what was happening to her physically. Her dampness was only an invitation for him to explore further and touch her the way she needed. He expertly removed her underpants and then as if an afterthought her bra. She was vulnerable as his eyes caressed her naked form.

Her voice cracked as she pulled at his waistband. "Your turn."

He quickly removed his underwear, and she reached out to touch his silky hardness. He moaned at her touch but continued to do his own magic until she withered. He smiled and kissed her before settling his mouth at her breast. She arched her back as she responded to his erotic kissing and nipping.

"Jack, I can't... I need you."

"Are you sure? Do we need something?"

She nodded, and he rolled off to retrieve a condom.

"Jack. I want you to look at me. I want it to be just you and me."

"Oh Mads, it is..."

He moved over her and held himself up so they could look into each other's eyes as he filled her, and they moved together and achieved something amazing. Maddie had never felt so intimately close to another before.

Resting in each other's arms, Jack said, "Why do I feel like this will only make things harder. We still won't have any privacy."

"My parents don't leave until next month."

"Now I've had you, I can't live without you."

Rory wasn't happy that summer was over. Jack was right, because summers on The Point were the best. Even with everything that had gone on. First, there was getting used to Maddie and Jack. Rory could pretend, but she knew that they loved each other. She spent all summer making sure they didn't - you know, but eventually they would get married and she wouldn't be able to stop them.

Then there was her sperm donor. She pretended that he didn't exist. She kept waiting for a sign, but so far she hadn't seen one.

School was different too. She wasn't the new kid, and she had a boyfriend who was the grade ahead of her. She still sat with the girls at lunch, but often Sam and Cole joined them. One of the best parts of her new year was she had Megan for her civics teacher. She would have to work hard to be a good student, but she wanted to. The hardest part remembered to call her Ms. Brenner.

It surprised Rory how quickly their old cottage disappeared. With only a few of the old walls left behind, they were building an entirely new house.

The Tuesday after Labor Day, she came home to find Jack in a good mood. He was probably glad to have his first day of work without kids. She figured it was the perfect time to ask a favor.

"Hey, Dad, can I sign up to help backstage for the school musical? It will mean some late nights, but..."

"What kind of late nights?"

"Well, they say the rehearsals go late right before the shows and the night shows are all past Emma's bedtime."

"That sounds like fun kiddo. We can work it out. Maddie can help."

That was easy. Maddie definitely made things better.

What he wanted to ask was how soon until these late nights started. They were a blessing in disguise. He was still floating on air after his day with Maddie. She was perfection, everything he dreamed of and more.

She left an hour before and he missed her. He reluctantly showered off her scent. She was getting food at the grocery store, and since she was in town, she would pick up Emma. She was officially listed at the daycare and on Rory's school forms as an emergency contact.

"What's for dinner?"

"Maddie's at the store getting food."

"Shouldn't you go get Emma?"

"Maddie offered to. They'll be here soon."

"Dad! It's like she's her mother already!"

"Rore, do you have a problem with me and Maddie?"

"No, I'm used to it. I know she makes you happy."

"Does she make you happy?"

"You know I love her. We had fun shopping for school with your credit card."

They shopped one evening at the mall and Rory picked out more new clothes than she ever had when Jack took her.

"Kind of like a mother, huh?"

"Yeah, are you telling me you want to marry her?"

"Are you alright if I do?"

"I have to be, but yeah as long as you hide what you're up to."

"I have to assume if you're opposed to me having sex, you're not tempted."

"Dad! Gross! I'm not talking to you about this. How soon before you ask her because I have an idea?"

"I don't know. Not yet, but what do you have in mind?"

Jack smiled when Rory told him her idea. She would be fine when he married Maddie. It was when not if. Only one thing was holding him back, and he was seeing Gary again that week to discuss it.

When Maddie came with Emma, his heart lurched..

"I saw Megan at the daycare. Apparently, Rory told her we never have privacy, so she's having her babysit this weekend. She said she'll text us a warning before she brings Rory home."

Jack smiled. "Rory wants to help with the musical, it could mean some late night. I'll need you to stay with Emma, but before I have to get her."

"There is hope." Maddie smiled.

Rory came out of her room. "What are you two whispering about?"

"Nothing!" they said together.

Jack left early for Boston. Maddie would take care of the girls. Emma was in daycare while she worked. He worked until early afternoon and drove to see Gary. Adam teased him again for being so happy.

"Come visit anytime!"

"I will. Does she have a sister?"

"No, she's one of a kind."

"How can you find two perfect women when I can't find one?"

"I'm more handsome."

"Man, I've missed you." Adam slapped him on his back.

Gary was glad to see him. "Jack, you look good."

"I feel good. Who'd imagine I'd find love twice."

"And you and Rory?" Gary asked.

"The boy is alright. He lost his mother, so he's good for her. His father will castrate him before me if he does anything with Rory, but..." Jack took a deep breath and told him about the sperm donor.

"So you're waiting for her to decide and you'll be okay?"

"I'll have to be."

"So everything is looking up?"

"I have one problem." Jack told him about his anxiety over Jen. "I could deal with it, but I want to give Maddie a child if she wants one and I freak out just thinking of her pregnant!"

"It was a traumatic day, hell it was traumatic for me and I never met you before. All I could do was help you as best as I knew how."

"You were my lifeline. You saved me, but I never want saving again. Maddie has finished your job. I really love her. My dad said something about a loop that needs to be broken."

"Cognitive Behavior Therapy may help you. I think it's worth a try. Ask Rory's therapist for a name near you."

When Jack left, he had a plan. He would find someone to help him. Once he was fixed, he would propose to Maddie.

A/N The next chapter crosses over with my story, Alone. Hopefully, you have already read it, if not you may want to read it. It is only 8 chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 12.8K 60
(Complete) It is not easy growing up with the perfect Jack Harris, especially since Ryan Harris has always been a player. He left home for college a...
9.2K 267 68
"Our eyes meet and I forget how to breathe. Worlds change when eyes meet. It's in the eyes. Always the eyes. Eye contact is a dangerous, dangerous th...
44.5K 4.2K 28
(Complete) Rumors aren't new to the beach community. When an unidentified couple is seen kissing in the shadows and a beautiful stranger arrives the...
308K 22.3K 73
(Complete) Peter isn't prepared for the reality of another man spending the night with his ex. He should be, but his heart has never let her go. Pet...