anatomy || awsten knight

By littlevi0l3nce

T H E E N D W A S N T O U R S T O F E A R B U T A L L T H A T M E A N S I S A N E W... More

the start.
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
authors note
chapter fifteen
story note
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
authors note
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chaper thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty

chapter sixteen

1.7K 40 43
By littlevi0l3nce

"I'm not ready." I sighed, pushing one of my t-shirts in my suitcase, harshly trying to fit it in, seeing as there was already too much inside.

"You are." Sarah reassured, I could tell she was smiling through the phone, which made me smile myself.

"I've never done this before, what if I mess it all up." I push down all the items in my suitcase, nearly breaking the whole thing.

"Hazel, you've been doing photography for years, you were, like, born for this." She exclaimed, her voice getting higher, making it sound like she was squealing.

"I know but, I don't know." I say, giggling as finished what I was saying, realising that it all sound stupid.
Maybe she was right.

I explained to Sarah I should finish packing, leading to us saying our goodbyes. As I hung up, I placed my last piece of clothing in the suitcase, and attempting to zip it up.

Geoff: coffee?

Looking at the message appear on my screen, I rolled my eyes before laughing softly and smiling along with it.
I looked over towards my barely stable suitcase and sighed, knowing I still wasn't fully packed, I texted Geoff back.

me: dinner?

I was starving, it was around five in the evening and I haven't eaten all day.
I felt my stomach rumble as I impatiently waited for a reply, growing hungrier and hungrier by the minute.

geoff: deal. i'll be there in 20.

I threw my phone on my bed, running to my mirror and looking at myself, realising I looked pretty gross.
I grabbed a towel before taking a shower, smiling at random moments as I washed my hair.

Throwing on a pair of ripped black shorts, my phone rang, I sighed heavily before picking it up and answering it, not bothered to look at the caller id.

"Hey, I'm outside." Geoff plainly said, taking a breath, waiting for me to answer.

"Just let me get my shoes on and I'll be outside." I smiled, but then realising he can't see through the phone.

He hung up, leaving me to run around my room, hurriedly searching my wardrobe for a nice enough top to wear. I threw on a worn-out nirvana top, which was grey and went well with the shorts.

I ran into the bathroom, putting on eyeliner and smudging it out on my waterline, then putting on some concealer and mascara.

I grabbed my keys on my way out of room, then going to the door and taking my checkered vans I had left there. I locked up before leaving and basically sprinting down the halls, I made it to the last door, not running so that I wouldn't look like an idiot.

"Hey." I said as I opened the door, to what I'm guessing is Geoff's car, continuing to sit down in the front seat.

"Hi Hazel!" Otto screamed, saying before Geoff opened his mouth to respond to me.

I was taken back, I didn't know Otto would be in the car, along with-

"Hi." Awsten said, not looking at me, and continuing to scroll through instagram.

"Hi guys." I said happily, giving Geoff a look, I wasn't expecting Otto or even Awsten to come along with us.

He smiled back, forcing it which I noticed almost immediately. I put my seatbelt on, then sitting back and getting comfortable.

"Play this band, they're like the best band in the world." Otto smirked, handing me his phone, I plugged it into the cord, pressing play and waiting for the song to come on.

As the song came on we all laughed, rolling our eyes sarcastically at Otto.

I hadn't heard this song before, I was guessing it was new since I've listen to all of their songs and know just about every one. I nodded my head to go along with the beat, humming towards the end when I knew what the melody was.

When the song ended I clapped, Geoff looking at me in surprise, but then a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Guys, that song is amazing," I smiled.

"Is it new, what's it called?" I asked, really intrigued to know more about the song, I really loved it.

"It's called take her to the moon," Awsten explained, cutting out both Otto and Geoff's voices, speaking louder then they did.

"It's on the new album." Otto said, pointing in Awsten's face and teasing him since he said it before Awsten could, making me and Geoff laugh.

                               •••

"I'm sorry, they were annoying me a lot. They kept asking to come and I finally caved in." Geoff whispered in my ear, as we took our seat at a table, the waiter showed us to.

"Don't worry, I love having them here," I whispered back, placing a hand on his shoulder and rubbing it back and forth lightly.

"I mean tour starts next week, I wanna get to know them more and hang out more." I smiled again, he smiled back.

"Oo." Otto mouthed, until Geoff and I gave him a sharp look, to which he responded by bringing his eyes to the menu and not saying anything.

I looked at Awsten, his cheeks gone red, I was confused as to why.
Once he saw me looking at him, he followed what Otto did and looked at the menu, I watched his eyes follow the words as he scanned through the menu.

We all decided what we wanted and then the waiter came over to take our orders, this was a pretty expensive restaurant, I was worried about prices, but didn't focus on it to much.

While we waited for our food, we talked about ourselves or old memories from our cringe teenage years. Awsten didn't talk much, he seemed quiet tonight, but he was like that most nights, so I wasn't expecting much.

Geoff told me a story about how he's basically a criminal because he had stole candy from a store when he was younger, when he was telling his story his face expression were priceless, at times I couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

                                •••

"I'm paying." Awsten smiled, as he walked over to the counter with me, leaving Geoff and Otto to wait outside.

"Awsten, I can pay for mine at least." I told him, growing annoyed, not wanting him to pay for all of our food, and mine.

"Let me pay." He simply said, giving the women money, and getting change back. I rolled my eyes, before letting a sigh out and agreeing with him.

He turned around to face the door and started walking, to which I joined, walking by his side to the boys outside.

"Thank you." I breathed softly, smiling to myself.

"For what?" He mimicked, to which I laughed softly, turning my head and looking up, looking at his opposite coloured eyes and giving him a soft, warm smile.

He didn't reply.

                                 •••

"You should stay tonight." Awsten suggested out of the blue.

"But I have so much packing." I said frowning and turning to Awsten and giving him puppy dog eyes, slightly exaggerating.

"Seriously, we have a week 'till tour, you have all the time in the world." Otto said, trying to convince me, which I eventually caved into.

"Yay." They all cheered, even Awsten.

All of sudden, a wave of sadness washed over me, a voice coming into my head to ask me.

do they actually want you to stay?

I sighed quietly, shaking my head, trying to get the voice out.
I didn't need this now, or ever.

It took a while of self-convincing to tell myself that they did want me, they wanted to be my friend.
The sadness didn't last as long as i expected, which was unusual but I wasn't taking for granted. I smiled to myself, feeling some sort of happiness rise in my stomach, giving me light butterflies for some odd reason.

We walked inside their house.
I pulled out my phone and checked the time, I was surprised to see how
late-ish it was.

22:35

I yawned, and turned my phone off, growing tired by the second.

"I'm kinda tired." I whispered sadly, but loud enough for all of the boys to hear, but only Awsten heard me, since both Otto and Geoff walked off to the kitchen.

"You can sleep in my room." He said, walking towards the stairs, and I followed him.

"Where will you sleep?" I asked, not wanting to make anything uncomfortable or inconvenient.

"The couch." He said, walking up the stairs and outside his room.

"No, I'll sleep on the couch." I turned around, just about to walk down the stairs, until Awsten stopped me.

"Hazel, it's fine." He reassured, opening the door for me and letting me in and following me.

I walked to his bed, taking my shoes off, before I laid down on it.
I crawled back further on it, my head eventually reaching the pillow.
I closed my eyes in satisfaction, before covering myself in the blankets. I hummed to myself before patting the spot next to me.

"Just stay here with me, but if you feel uncomfortable it's okay." I whispered softly, hoping he would take my offer or I would feel bad.

He never responded, but after a good while I felt the bed next to me sink into itself as Awsten sat down on it, crawling up and getting in the covers beside me, but keeping his distance.

"I thought you would go back down." I questioned, my eyes still closed and my voice soft in response.

"I'm tired too." He hummed, moving slightly to make himself comfortable.

"Are you nervous for the tour." He asked, turning over to his side, to face me. Which was what I was guessing since my eyes were still shut.

"Actually, yeah." I opened my eyes, rubbing them in tiredness, and looking at Awsten.

He smiled softly.

"Don't be," He whispered, placing his hand on my shoulder.

His hand was warm, compared to my cold arms, his hand was soft to touch.

"You know, me, Geoff and Otto are always here." He said, awkwardly shifting as he said it.

In response, I groaned softly. Closing my eyes again. The only sound filling my ears was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep.

"Goodnight."

   I N S T A G R A M

              hazelcx something in
                           the way.

    ----------------------------------------

a/n:
just wanna say, um...
TAKE HER TO THE MOON IS MY FAVOURITE OFF DOUBLE DARE. okay that's all :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 1.8K 45
alice, a local girl in her last year of art school finds herself falling for a mysterious man that always wears black. geoff, a guitarist trying to m...
7.4K 234 28
Jessika a 14 year old closed book. She works as an entertainer at a local bar. Awsten Knight lead singiner to pop punk band waterparks, walks into th...
11.7K 469 26
❝all i do is miss you; all i do is want you back.❞ Three cheers for five years. Isn't that how the saying goes? Five years was as close to forever as...
3.6K 140 25
Thorns is a small pop punk band. Axel on the drums, Sam is the lead singer, Andrew plays lead guitar and y/n is the bassist One day they get the opp...