Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 87 ♡

36.6K 1.3K 273
By exquisites

Chapter 87:

(Zayn's POV)

"Grace invited us to a dinner party that her dad's throwing. She told me that she really wanted us to come but I told her I had to ask you first," Kat said to me.

"Why?" I asked, pulling up into the driveway of a fast food restaurant.

"Because it's on Saturday," she said quietly.

I looked down. Saturday was Kat and I's special day, but I guess Grace invited us to a party. If Kat and I were going to stay here, we did need to get more friends. I guess we have to delay our day.

"It's fine," I said to her. "We can go. I mean, we always have Sunday."

Kat's eyes beamed as she leaned in and kissed me. "Thanks babe."

I laughed and watched as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "I'll go get the sandwiches. You stay in here."

"I'll go in," I argued with her.

She opened the car door, "too late. I'm going in."

"I'll come in with y-"

"Babe," she laughed, grabbing her purse. "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I can order a couple of sandwiches on my own."

I smiled at her, "alright Kat."

She smiled back and got out of the car, closing the passenger door behind her. I watched her go inside while my phone started ringing. I didn't pick up the phone until I was sure she was inside. Once she was, I picked up the phone and saw Carlee written on the caller ID.

"Hey, Carlee," I said once I picked up.

"Hey Zayn," she whispered, "is Kat there?"

"She went inside to get food for us," I told her, "why? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," she breathed out. "Actually, no. Everything isn't okay. Um, Mark is freaking out. He doesn't know where Kat is and he is blaming you."

I sighed. "Well, did you tell him anything?"

"No, no. I didn't. But he's thinking about contacting the police. I don't know what to do." She sounded very worried. Maybe we shouldn't have told her.

"Listen, Carlee. Whatever you do, don't tell anyone. And just try to convince Mark not to contact the police. Just convince him that Kat will come home soon I guess."

"Yeah," she said, "that's a good idea. But Zayn?"

"Yeah?"

"When are you guys planning to come back?"

I shut my eyes, "not sure. I don't think any of us are willing to come back right now."

"Okay," she whispered. "Just take care of her."

"I promise," I said. "I won't let her out of my sight."

It was silent for a while until she said, "Mom's coming. Tell Kat I said hi. I have to go."

"Yeah," I said to her. "Take care."

"You too." She said before hanging up.

As if on cue, I watched Kat walk out of the restaurant. She opened the car door and sat inside, placing the bag of food on her lap.

"Told you I could do it," she smiled.

I looked down, not knowing if I should tell her about her dad or not. She must've noticed because she said, "anything wrong?"

I looked up at her and shook my head, leaning in to kiss her. Then I smiled, starting the car. "Everything is a-ok."

I saw her raise her eyebrows at me from the corner of my eye but I tried not to pay attention. I drove all the way home in silence, and she didn't ask any questions. But once we were in the elevator of our flat, she couldn't stay quiet.

"Something you want to tell me?" She asked, holding the food bag and turning her head to the side.

I smiled at her, again, "not a thing."

She nodded, "okay."

The elevator opened and she stormed out, not even glancing back at me to see if I followed her. She was clearly mad, and I didn't blame her.

She took out her key and unlocked the door, walking inside. I followed her and shut the door behind me, taking off my coat. She walked into our room and slammed the door shut, making me flinch.

I pulled up my sleeves, sighing as I did so. I walked towards the room and hoped the door was open. Once I twisted the handle, it thankfully was. Kat was trying to unhook her necklace from her neck but she couldn't do it out of frustration. I waked behind her and reached up, collecting her hair and brushing it on one side of her neck. I quietly unhooked the necklace and heard her sigh as she walked away from me immediately.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Shower."

"Aren't you hungry?"

"Lost my appetite."

I ran a stressful hand through my hair and took a deep breath. I had to tell her. She left me with no other choice. I just didn't want to worry her.

So I followed her into the bathroom and watched as she silently undressed, not even noting my presence as I leaned against the counter and debated on how I should tell her. She turned on the water and got in the shower, closing the glass door behind her. I guess I had no other choice but to join her, and let her know that way. Not that I minded.

I undressed and opened the glass door, walking in the shower behind her. I shut the door and stood in front of her, looking at her as she avoided eye contact with me.

"You know I hate fighting with you," I spoke quietly to her.

She sighed, still avoiding me.

"Sometimes I do things because I don't want you to worry about anything," I placed my hands on her bare hips.

She looked up at me, "I don't want you to have to worry alone."

I took a deep breath and finally said, "your dad is thinking about informing the police to search for you."

Her eyes widened and everything became silent. She stared at me but I knew she was thinking about something else. She backed away from me and leaned against the glass.

"No, he can't do that," she whispered.

"Sweetheart-"

"Everything would be ruined if that happened."

"This is why I didn't want to te-"

"What if he finds us?"

I sighed, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me. "Look at me."

She didn't look up.

"Look at me," I repeated, more sternly.

She looked up at me, worry filling her eyes. I leaned in and dropped my forehead against her's. She shut her eyes as I said, "he can't find us. And even if he does, you're twenty and a legal adult. He can't do anything to you."

She breathed deeply and nodded, "you're right. You're right."

She leaned forward and kissed me deeply, tilting her head and placing her hands on the back of my neck. She pulled away and said, "I hope he doesn't find us."

"He can't," I whispered.

She nodded at me and smiled nervously. She pulled away and said, "okay, I'm done. I'm in the kitchen when you come out."

I frowned at her state of nervousness and grabbed her hand before she could've left. I pulled her against me and placed one hand around her waist and the other one on the side of her face. She looked up at me as I smiled at her.

"I miss you," I whispered.

She became confused, "I'm right here."

I shook my head, "no you're not."

"Zayn, I'm standing right here."

I shut my eyes, the water running down our bodies. I felt her breath against my neck, her familiar scent somewhat still there. "You left something back in Bradford," I told her, "and you haven't been the same ever since."

She placed her head on my chest, "I'm sorry. I'm just scared of what might happen."

I placed a kiss on her wet hair, "nothing bad is going to happen to you. I won't let it."

"I know," she whispered, "I know. I'm sorry for being so horrible at this."

"You aren't horrible, baby girl." I whispered, "I think we both are a bit scared. But we're together. That's all that matters."

She nodded, "I know. And I love you."

I ran my hands down the sides of her body, "I love you."

She sucked in a breath, "Zayn."

I slowly moved her backwards, pressing her back against the glass. I placed one arm next to her head and against the glass, leaning in so I was in eye contact with her. She looked into my eyes, her hands on my chest.

"I really need you," I whispered under my breath.

"I'm right here," she smiled her lovely smile.

I looked at her lips, "kiss me."

Without a moment of hesitation, she leaned forward and smashed her lips with mine. I placed my free hand on the back of her head, pulling her closer.

I felt like I really needed her. But I felt like I didn't have her. Ever since we ran away, she's been acting very strange. Some days, she's like the old Kat; the Bradford one. But some days she is distant. I think she misses everyone at home, or maybe she just thinks we made the wrong decision. Whatever it is, I miss her and I need her. Both emotionally and physically.

"Let's go eat," I said once we pulled apart.

She tilted her head, "did I do something wrong?"

I smiled at her, kissing her forehead gently. I reached behind her and shut off the water. "No you didn't darling. I'm just hungry."

She nodded and pursed her lips. She walked out of the shower and grabbed her towel. I probably shouldn't have requested to eat right after she stopped kissing me. My fault, once again.

I walked out and saw her getting dressed. I dried myself off with my towel and got dressed also. She took her hair brush off the counter and began brushing her hair out. I took my brush and combed my hair straight through. I was done before her, but I waited until she was done to leave.

Once she finished, she walked out of the bathroom and and I followed. She grabbed her sandwhich out of the paper bag and I grabbed mine. She sat on the dinner table and I sat across from her.

I watched her as she started to eat, but I didn't eat myself. Once she noticed, she said, "why aren't you eating? I thought you were so hungry." There was an edge to her tone which I could sense and I deserved.

I placed my hand on her's but she pulled away. "I'm sorry sweetheart."

She didn't look at me, instead she finished eating her sandwich in silence. Once she finished, she got up off the table and walked into our room. I silently began eating my sandwich alone which I well deserved. I don't know what had been happening to us. Nowadays, we had been fighting more than ever. I didn't know why, but we had. I wish we were like our old selves because both of us had changed.

Once I finished, I walked into the bedroom and saw Kat laying down with her head dug into the pillow. I took off my shirt and heard a small whimper, signaling me that she had been crying.

I quickly jumped into bed beside her and wrapped my arm around her. Her back was pressed to mine but she turned around and dug her head against my chest, our bodies peicing together. She quietly cried into my chest and I shut my eyes, resting my chin on the top of her head.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"No," she sniffled, "I'm sorry. I am acting different and I didn't realize it until now."

"So am I," I whispered.

We stayed silent, the sound of the clock ticking behind us the only things we could hear. I pulled her closer, hoping that she would never let go.

"Why have we been fighting so much lately?" She asked.

"I thought I was the only person who thought that," I sighed.

"You're not," she whispered, "but it's scaring me."

"Don't let it scare you baby." I spoke to her, "nothing can get in our way; not even ourselves. Don't worry because everyone fights. Okay? We'll be fine."

She kissed my chest, "I'm so sorry."

"So am I," I whispered. "But it's okay. Everything's going to be fine."

----------

No goals on this chapter, but there will be on the next one. And I am DOUBLE UPDATING.

LISTEN UP!!!! IM PLANNING OM DOING A Q&A CHAPTER SO IF YOU HABE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE BE A DEAR AND ASK ME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW. LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU.

Follow me on Twitter! @mindofballoons

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 34 11
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
102K 1.8K 29
Elliot Stevens has been abused and hated her whole life by the person who is supposed to love you always. Elliot is a genius because she thought it w...
4.5K 271 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...
1.2M 33K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...